+ Add a Comment

yorkr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yorkr

Ramona here. A new AVA BTW.
In for one even though I told myself I need to quit buying.... need a new gargae door....termites to be rid of......new patio in the works...

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

dammit!!! Limited to two...

(now...to setup a second account...)

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

I just can't resist that tøøthy grin on the label.. I'm in!

Wøøt!!

Zoomba77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zoomba77

In for 1.

First W.W order

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
jwhite6114 wrote:If memory serves, the Rinfrescante (first woot cellar wine) was from a different winery. And it was not a true woot cellar wine in the sense that it was a relabeling of an already existing wine. I was not a fan of the Rinfrescante (though the label rocked!), but hearing that Tøøthstejnn is L&L, I am very excited to taste this one.

I am almost certain that the Rinfrescante was from Michael Sebastiani of Abandon fame. But your comment about it being a relabelled existing wine is news to me. It improved quite a bit with some additional bottle age, as I recall. As did both the MP and Humbug, which is why I'm planning to let most of the current offering sit for a while.

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

so, I just introduced my brother to wine.woot, and he just moved to Pennsylvania. Are they never on the list of ship to states?

dodongo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dodongo

Well, I totally adored Humbug and missed out on monkey prize. Sounds like a judicious blend of Merlot and Cab in this to fill out the body a bit more than your regular Sangio. To the winemakers, do you suppose this makes the wine too dense for the good old pasta-and-tomato-sauce treatment?

Thinking back to previous woots, I look at, e.g., Noceto for a good example of the contrasts I'm envisioning: light body, red berries with their 'regular' Sangio which I actually preferred to the Sangio Reserve which was much heavier and more toward the darker berries due to the blend.

UPDATE: I'm in for two, so don't think honesty is going to turn me off of this.

Also, want to echo earlier comments that, at least for the Humbug from last year around this time, the wine was good, but still maybe a little bottle shocked(?) or at least a little young on delivery. Six to nine months in I found it much better.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
LurkerDan wrote:so, I just introduced my brother to wine.woot, and he just moved to Pennsylvania. Are they never on the list of ship to states?

They never are

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

I missed out on the Monkey Prize (before my time) and the Humbug (not enough funds) I really enjoyed the Polymephus though, I really wish I had a T-shirt!

I'm going to throw this out again, who is the winemaker on this puppy? Someone we know?

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
paryb wrote:I missed out on the Monkey Prize (before my time) and the Humbug (not enough funds) I really enjoyed the Polymephus though, I really wish I had a T-shirt!

I'm going to throw this out again, who is the winemaker on this puppy? Someone we know?

Only if you know these folks.

While we don't have explicit confirmation of this, all signs point to L&L being the winery behind this one. Grapes source, previous (and repeated) involvement with w.w, plus a little side-evidence on some of the "wannabe" bottles sent to one of the w.w tasting events.

If this is true, this should be a very good wine indeed -- L&L and Mandolina have both been successful wines around here.

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

paryb wrote:I missed out on the Monkey Prize (before my time) and the Humbug (not enough funds) I really enjoyed the Polymephus though, I really wish I had a T-shirt!

It's a Lucas and Llewllyn(sp?) wine but I don't know who the winemaker is there or if it was the head winemaker or someone else there that made this.

Mandolina makes 12 different wines, 12 wines are a case, a case is the max shipped I believe, therefore there should be a MASSIVE woot offering of one bottle each of everything Mandolina makes. Just throwing it out there, I'm crazy that way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

My first woot.cellar offering. Is this a once a year kind of event or a once a quarter. As I am very interested in such a good deal on a limited run wine I am interested in the frequency of how often they show up.

Love the label, some of these will work their way into Xmas gifts for the select few assuming I can part with a few after tasting.

Closetnerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Closetnerd

In for 2, boys and girls................

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."

wbost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wbost

What the hey - in for one. First wine w00t!

bhodilee

wbost wrote:What the hey - in for one. First wine w00t!

That's the spirit!

jwhite6114

iceeblue7 wrote:My first woot.cellar offering. Is this a once a year kind of event or a once a quarter. As I am very interested in such a good deal on a limited run wine I am interested in the frequency of how often they show up.

Love the label, some of these will work their way into Xmas gifts for the select few assuming I can part with a few after tasting.

This is the first Woot Cellars wine since last November (Humbug on 11/27). Though in 2007 there were two Woot Cellars wines (Polyphemus in Oct). So hard to say, except we don't know when they will come about.

CT | | | | | |

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
hookajoe wrote:I just can't resist that tøøthy grin on the label.. I'm in!

Wøøt!!

A møøse once bit my sister...

Dude... wait, what?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
LurkerDan wrote:so, I just introduced my brother to wine.woot, and he just moved to Pennsylvania. Are they never on the list of ship to states?

Tell him to go to his state legistlator's office, chain himself there with a case of Tøøthstejnn, drinking/eating only that until they change their laws to allow the wineries from CA to ship to PA.

(you'll have to provide the Tøøthstejnn, as he'd have no other way to get it)

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
Zoomba77 wrote:In for 1.

First W.W order

w00t!!

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.313s

Last wooter to woot: kerneltrap

In for 1, First woot cellars woot for me! looking forward to it

gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger
iceeblue7 wrote:My first woot.cellar offering. Is this a once a year kind of event or a once a quarter. As I am very interested in such a good deal on a limited run wine I am interested in the frequency of how often they show up.

I believe it's been like this so far:

08-NOV-2005 - Rinfrescante - 6 bottles - $69.99 + $5 shipping (sold on woot.com)
04-DEC-2006 - Monkey Prize - 6 bottles - $59.99 + $5 shipping
01-OCT-2007 - Polyphemus - 1 1.5L bottle - $34.99 + $5 shipping
26-NOV-2007 - Humbug - 6 bottles - $59.99 + $5 shipping
29-SEP-2008 - Tøøthstejnn - 6 bottles - $59.99 + $5 shipping

though they have sold these wines at other times, such as duing woot-offs, and in other configurations, such as gift boxes.

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
LoonBoarder wrote:A møøse once bit my sister...

We apologise for the fault in the posts. Those responsible have been sacked.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
bflohl wrote:OK, in for2. Haven't wine.wooted for a while. Loved the Noceto Sangiovese.

Available for labratage!

I did too and I hope they are similar. I also bought two. I live in Va but want to retire in GA - how come they keep dropping off the list?

jwhite6114

gruisinger wrote:I believe it's been like this so far:

08-NOV-2005 - Rinfrescante - 6 bottles - $69.99 + $5 shipping (sold on woot.com)

though they have sold these wines at other times, such as duing woot-offs, and in other configurations, such as gift boxes.

What is consistent is that all of these premiered in the fall ... if not Oct/Nov then within a day or four. So they're being sold as soon as they're bottled.

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

dianefreda wrote:I did too and I hope they are similar. I also bought two. I live in Va but want to retire in GA - how come they keep dropping off the list?

They just opened up their laws to allow shipping, a lot of wineries are probably still in the process of getting licensed to ship. next year you'll probably be up there all the time. Just gotta be patient

dodongo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dodongo
jwhite6114 wrote:Only if you know these folks.

While we don't have explicit confirmation of this, all signs point to L&L being the winery behind this one. Grapes source, previous (and repeated) involvement with w.w, plus a little side-evidence on some of the "wannabe" bottles sent to one of the w.w tasting events.

If this is true, this should be a very good wine indeed -- L&L and Mandolina have both been successful wines around here.

No joke. I'm still sitting on the L&L PS, I loved their Cab Franc, and the Mandolina wines were also really nice. Hell yes, this is good news if there is Lucas & Lewellen hands in this one.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988

In for one last night, man those guys are fast for first woot! 0 comments when I clicked buy, 8 after my buy with already wooted!

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bhodilee wrote:It's a Lucas and Llewllyn(sp?) wine but I don't know who the winemaker is there or if it was the head winemaker or someone else there that made this.

Mandolina makes 12 different wines, 12 wines are a case, a case is the max shipped I believe, therefore there should be a MASSIVE woot offering of one bottle each of everything Mandolina makes. Just throwing it out there, I'm crazy that way.

good idea.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
speedoo wrote:I am almost certain that the Rinfrescante was from Michael Sebastiani of Abandon fame. But your comment about it being a relabelled existing wine is news to me. It improved quite a bit with some additional bottle age, as I recall. As did both the MP and Humbug, which is why I'm planning to let most of the current offering sit for a while.

Moneky Prize was from HIghway 12/Michael Sebastiani. Rinfrescante was before I joined. (Polyphemus was Kunde, if I recall correctly.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

gemcoska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gemcoska

Hello all! My second woot ever. How do you guys decide whether or not to buy the woot? Do you already know the wines, are there reviews?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
LoonBoarder wrote:A møøse once bit my sister...

You have been sacked. (Great reference)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

jwhite6114

gemcoska wrote:Hello all! My second woot ever. How do you guys decide whether or not to buy the woot? Do you already know the wines, are there reviews?

Faith

CT | | | | | |

thepatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepatch

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

In for one...still have 3 bottles of Humbug hanging around....wait, why haven't I drank them, oh right, stupid woot bottles keep arriving. Wonder which sample this one is, if it's even one of them - If memory serves me right, the Chicago sample from a few months ago had some sangiovese styling going on.

mrkrispy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkrispy

hmmmm Woot has sold Mandolina wines before, and Mandolina has a Sang. vineyard in Los Alamos....anyone else have detective work?

bhodilee

Winedavid39 wrote:good idea.

I swear, if you had that in the works already I am going to start charging you rent for the space you're occupying in my head. I begged Sake, I got sake, I demanded Sangiovese, I got it, and I'm pretty sure there have been a couple times in the last few months you put up on offer precisely what I wanted. Did you slip one of Khan's ear bugs in my ear during the CWS?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

polarbear22 wrote:Moneky Prize was from HIghway 12/Michael Sebastiani. Rinfrescante was before I joined. (Polyphemus was Kunde, if I recall correctly.)

you've been wooting longer than that haven't you ?? ;)

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
gruisinger wrote:I believe it's been like this so far:

What the hell is that in your signature??? A corn dog covered with powered sugar and chives????

CT

bhodilee

gemcoska wrote:Hello all! My second woot ever. How do you guys decide whether or not to buy the woot? Do you already know the wines, are there reviews?

We get a hint each Sunday and we try and guess the winery and the probable wines offered. But we're never sure until Monday at 12:00 a.m. Some buy right away, some of us wait for labrat reports/winemaker interaction. It's a mixed bag. This was one of those buy right away kinds. I literally bought two without even knowing what varietal it was due to past happiness with woot cellars.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
bhodilee wrote:They just opened up their laws to allow shipping, a lot of wineries are probably still in the process of getting licensed to ship. next year you'll probably be up there all the time. Just gotta be patient

Well, and get rid of that Nike contract! Damn Nike bats. The downfall of many a great baseball team. BTW, I saw a license plate "BOWTIES" yesterday. Would have taken a picture if I hadn't been driving about 70 on a bridge.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:good idea.

Why does this make me shudder for what's going to come on Thursday...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"