edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
Blackneto wrote:

was disappointed that i didn't turn into a viking.

Sako13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sako13
edthebedhead wrote:don't wait an hour.
letting it sit in the glass while you get some dinner is good enough.
drink up.

Thx for the replies guys! Its good to know that its still drinkable without a Decantur. This community rocks. I'd buy from wine.woot purely for the community and the support! Even if prices weren't very good (when in fact they really are!)

Sako

edthebedhead

Sako13 wrote:Thx for the replies guys! Its good to know that its still drinkable without a Decantur. This community rocks. I'd buy from wine.woot purely for the community and the support! Even if prices weren't very good (when in fact they really are!)

Sako

No worries.

Try tasting it at different times to see how the wine changes and wakes up.

e.g. right after you open the bottle, and then 10 ,20 and 30 minutes later.
(sometimes i pour a few small glasses and then taste them at those intervals to see if they change.)

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Didnt really care much for the 1st bottle i had. It lacked structure IMO. I might even go as far as to say the grapes were picked to early but thats just a guess. Either way, it is drinkable and will be fine for an everyday drinker. I will let 1 or 2 of them sit for another year or three and then try 'em asgain.

Did WD ever confirm who made this?

Sako13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sako13
Daystar wrote:Didnt really care much for the 1st bottle i had. It lacked structure IMO. I might even go as far as to say the grapes were picked to early but thats just a guess. Either way, it is drinkable and will be fine for an everyday drinker. I will let 1 or 2 of them sit for another year or three and then try 'em asgain.

Did WD ever confirm who made this?

OK, I read through all 23 pages, and I'm pretty sure WD did not confirm who it is. However, the consensus is that we believe it is from Mandolina, which has a 2005 Sangiovese that gets an 85+ rating. It sells for $23 + Shipping per bottle!
http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=388569

$23 bottle price
http://www.vinquire.com/wines/search/buy/2005%20Mandolina%20Sangiovese/?ref=16

btw you can read what people had to say about the 2005 Mandolina Sangiovese they bought right here at wine.woot!

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1453047

edthebedhead

I would have liked more than 7 bottles!

its okay. No real complaints. 7 bottle of wonderful woottoothstein is amazing !

kramsauer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramsauer

Congrats, WD. This is outstanding. My only complaint is that the second half of the wine absolutely died when I left it (sealed) on the counter overnight. Next time, into the cold box it goes.

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

Just had my first taste last night...... delightful wine! I like a good Sangiovese, and it didn't disappoint. Not too complex, not a long finish--but it ain't $100/bottle is it? However, it drank nicely, very pretty color, smmmmoooooottthhh and tasty. Only downside for me is that my friend popped an Australian cab to follow it and it was like going from Amstel Light to Guinness. My taste buds were shocked....

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

daddybush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddybush

Still havent opened a bottle of this yet. I've bought too much wine from this darn website and now I need to drink wine more often than I want to, which isnt a bad thing, I guess. Holidays are coming and my wife will want to open a few bottles of this for guests. Cheers

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
speedoo wrote:No chance. Even if it did not sell out (and it will, by Tuesday at the latest, unless WD has a humungous quantity available) we will have a new wine on Thursday anyway.

My advice: find a way to buy this tomorrow. Seriously.

No time to read through all of these to see if this was already reported, but did you know that this wine set a record for Internet wine sales?

It's in the newsletter.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Snip from the article for those too lazy to click:
BUELTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In what is believed to be an e-commerce record, Santa Barbara County, California winery Lucas & Lewellen sold a stunning 1,935 six-packs of wine in just 30 hours through the marketing portal wine.woot.com.

The wine, Woot Cellars “Tøøthstejnn the Red” 2005 Sangiovese, went on sale at midnight Central time on the morning of Monday, September 29. By Tuesday morning, all 11,610 bottles were sold.

“It could have been a much higher number, and we still would’ve sold out,” says Michael Hartmann, Director of Sales & Marketing Lucas & Lewellen. “Wine.Woot is a true phenomenon. I've never seen anything like it before.”

Answers the question on who made it.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

daddybush wrote:Still havent opened a bottle of this yet. I've bought too much wine from this darn website and now I need to drink wine more often than I want to, which isnt a bad thing, I guess. Holidays are coming and my wife will want to open a few bottles of this for guests. Cheers

better make some room !!

Rockhawks1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rockhawks1

I tried to post a picture but am having trouble. Can someone give me some guidance?

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

My notes:

A bit light in colour for sangiovese, and very RED-hued, lacking in bluer tones. Ruby (almost a dark pink), but a bit muted, almost with a hint of maroon.

Nose is pretty fruity and tart, and hot. Hints of spice and leather. On the whole, not remarkably expressive.

Whoa. Super fruity! Almost candyish or punch-like; cherries, grape, apple, a little cranberry. A healthy dose of tart but not unpleasantly sour acidity keeps the fruitiness in check, just barely. Definitely hot. Lighter bodied, but with more substantial, reasonable mouthfeel. Not much in the tannin department; this could do with more structure, but there's a bit of oak to back things up. Finish is good, spicy.

No benefit from decanting, and I doubt this would age well, but it's pleasant for everyday drinking with food.

84/100

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw

Just finished my last bottle tonight- unfortunately, it was not showing well- very thin, an odd after taste- more candied/fake fruit than I remembered from the other bottles. This was my favorite woot cellars release- possibly this bottle was flawed, or just a bit over the hill? Not sure- but the other 11 bottles were great =)

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

I had part of a bottle 2 nights ago and it was great. I thought it held up amazingly well. Now I need to find my other couple bottles. The basement is in disarray from finishing it and everything is in boxes.