jburnham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jburnham

Dear wine.woot,

I've never felt so connected to and appreciative of an online merchant. I just recieved another case of joy from you in the mail. I'm loving this more than the Bah Humbug.

Thanks,
Jim

cdgrimm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cdgrimm

My shipment arrived today and one bottle is almost gone. Both my wife and I agree that this was an excellent purchase. Really tasty!

akaneboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akaneboo

would this be ok to store in a wine fridge?

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

My six bottles arrived today, and I just popped and poured. Blech, I'm not sure I like this at all. Just not my style at all. I wasn't familiar with Sangiovese, took a gamble, and this time it didn't work out. Do any wooters want to buy my other 5? I'll sell it at cost, and will only charge you $5 shipping (or you can pick it up, if you're close to NYC).

...just kidding. I'm liking this wine a lot. I'm really wondering how they got all the oakiness in there, while keeping it smooth.

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Uhh..I'd leave it out for the heat to spoil it.

akaneboo

[Send Message]
Oct 9, 2008 4:54 PM
[2636143]
would this be ok to store in a wine fridge?

Sako13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sako13

You had me worried there for a second! llo. Wine was delivered today and packaging was excellent!

afranke wrote:My six bottles arrived today, and I just popped and poured. Blech, I'm not sure I like this at all. Just not my style at all. I wasn't familiar with Sangiovese, took a gamble, and this time it didn't work out. Do any wooters want to buy my other 5? I'll sell it at cost, and will only charge you $5 shipping (or you can pick it up, if you're close to NYC).

...just kidding. I'm liking this wine a lot. I'm really wondering how they got all the oakiness in there, while keeping it smooth.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

great 6 pack showed up today!
woot!

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

My case arrived yesterday, might just have to pop a cork this weekend.

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer

Just got mine! Breaking open with dinner tomorrow...hope it doesn't actually stain the teeth!

Sako13

atpifer wrote:Just got mine! Breaking open with dinner tomorrow...hope it doesn't actually stain the teeth!

No it just turns you into an angry viking. nothing to be worried about.

46&2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

My 6 bottles showed up at work yesterday, cannot wait to try it. The label looks awesome, everyone I showed it to just loved the artwork-its a restaurant, their all foodies/wine lovers. Thanks once again Woot!

hoop0040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoop0040

Mine came yesterday, probably the fastest I've ever seen a wine.woot shipment arrived.

I'm pissed at UPS though. For the past few purchases I've had them shipped to work, but I can't stand the nosy people that ask me all day long what's in the box, and so I decided to have it shipped to my residence this time (I live in a condo and there is an office that typically can sign for things).

I knew a couple days ago that there would be an issue - I recieved an automated call from UPS stating they were going to deliver a package and I had to be their to sign. This is the first time I've ever received such a call. So I wrote a note to the driver instructing him to leave it at the office. He called me at work saying he couldn't since it was a 21+ package. Not sure what makes this different than shipping to my office, but apparently it is.

So I arranged for pickup at the UPS terminal. After driving 20 miles and After waiting 25 minutes for the person at the counter to bring my package up from the back, she didn't even check my ID to see if I was 21+.

What a piece of carp, I guess when woot suggests you ship it to the office you really should do that.

I'm probably going to take down 3 bottles myself tonight just to take the edge off of the last 48 hours.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

KeyserSoze33 wrote:My case arrived yesterday, might just have to pop a cork this weekend.

As did mine, the day of our company's open house. I took 11 bottles home and opened 1 for the party. It was a HUGE hit and there were several folks bemoaning the fact that they were too skeptical of 'woot wine' to order.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

malveaux

quality posts: 3 Private Messages malveaux

Opened up my first bottle and had a taste... and another... and another... and a few more besides!!

Greatly enjoyed it! Woot has some serious mojo when it comes to making decisions about what is released from Woot Cellars!! I love not having to make decisions anymore. Woot cellars = click and order max every time! Pity max was only two (12) this go around but nothing wrong with spreading the love!

kevinbyd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevinbyd

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Opened 1st bottle today to go with baked pasta dish with hot italian sausage. Perfect match. Very smooth and easy to drink. Not too fruity and slightly buttery after being open for an hour. Bummed I only ordered 6. May finish the bottle watching the Sox-Rays tonight. Go Sox!!!!

Frankster14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frankster14

now that's a tasty Sanjy - way to go Woot!

(kicks self for only purchasing 6...)

Frankster14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frankster14
bcc423 wrote:Tøøthstejnn

dinner of champions!

possibly the best lookin' Pizza Rolls I ever saw...

course the horizontal glass sitting next to them might have something to do with that...

Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto

just popped one tonight.
Oh my.
this is tasty!

more please! kthankbye.

GvnMcCld

quality posts: 6 Private Messages GvnMcCld

Got mine last night (had to drive to the UPS facility to get it since I couldn't be home and can't ship to the office) opened a bottle, let it decant about 15-20 minutes and enjoyed. Very tasty stuff. We ordered pizza to go with it, very nice.

I wish I had the money to have bought 12 bottles, but 6 will suffice!

Oh and this is my first Woot Cellars offering! Very pleased!

linuxsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linuxsense

Pretty good hooch. Much better after letting it vent for a hour. Very good to nibble some dark chocolate with a glass. Or ten.

Aug 2004...Boosh! and/or Kakow!

Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto
linuxsense wrote:Pretty good hooch. Much better after letting it vent for a hour. Very good to nibble some dark chocolate with a glass. Or ten.

i polished off 1 1/2 bottles of it last night.
that was pretty dumb.

was disappointed that i didn't turn into a viking.

Sako13

I live in a small apartment and don't have a Decantur (sp?). Will just popping the cork and letting the bottle sit for a few hours be enough? I guess I could pour a bunch into my Riedel glass and let it sit for an hour too... What do u guys think?

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Sako13 wrote:I live in a small apartment and don't have a Decantur (sp?). Will just popping the cork and letting the bottle sit for a few hours be enough? I guess I could pour a bunch into my Riedel glass and let it sit for an hour too... What do u guys think?

It really doesn't need that long IMO. 1/2 hour breathing in the bottle should start you off quite nice; peaked around an hour and a half. We enjoyed it - great everyday drinker type thang. It goes down VERY easy - three of us killed two bottles before we knew it.

CT

StevieSegel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StevieSegel

This stuff is pretty darn good

Makes a nice addition to homemade spaghetti sauce too BTW
(a little in the pot...a little in the cook....)

Stephanie
over 40 shirt.woots (and an apron), and I don't have a thing to wear...

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 6 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Last Friday, sitting in my office.

Boss pops his head in:
"woot?"

I give him the 'confused German Shepherd' look.

"You're bringing a bottle to my office while we're on this conference call, right?"

Yes, boss.

Opened the box and grabbed a Tøøthstejnn. Boss has some nice balloon glasses (not Reidels, but quality stuff) into which he poured some generous tastes. We dialed in, announced that we were on the call, and proceeded to deaden the pain of a late Friday conference call with some enjoyable fruit of the vine.

This would go well with some pasta dish, maybe a margherita pizza... good stuff!

Dude... wait, what?

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

I got mine a couple days ago and paired (sounds a little uppidy for this meal) it with a pasta salad and meatball subs. This was a very good wine that both mself and my wife enjoyed. She even made the comment that, "This really goes good with the Meatball subs." Easy drinker that we enjoyed. Should have ordered two six packs. Oh well.

I refrigerated for a few hours prior to a 1/2 hour decant. Did not taste on opening.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

just love hearing these comments. Please keep them coming.

mrkrispy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkrispy

I combed over a few pages and got tired. Was it ever revealed who the winemaker is for this? My first guess early on was Mandolina...

Got my wines in but haven't tried them yet (the Great American Beer Festival got in the way)

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest
LoonBoarder wrote:Last Friday, sitting in my office.

Boss pops his head in:
"woot?"

I give him the 'confused German Shepherd' look.

"You're bringing a bottle to my office while we're on this conference call, right?"

Yes, boss.

Opened the box and grabbed a Tøøthstejnn. Boss has some nice balloon glasses (not Reidels, but quality stuff) into which he poured some generous tastes. We dialed in, announced that we were on the call, and proceeded to deaden the pain of a late Friday conference call with some enjoyable fruit of the vine.

This would go well with some pasta dish, maybe a margherita pizza... good stuff!

Very nice!!!

my case is at home....haven't had the opportunity to pop one open yet...it is Oktoberfest, BTW...my bier tends to get in the way this time of the year...

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 6 Private Messages LoonBoarder
jkwest wrote:Very nice!!!

my case is at home....haven't had the opportunity to pop one open yet...it is Oktoberfest, BTW...my bier tends to get in the way this time of the year...

Mmm. Oktoberfest.
Missed this year's at Loon, but here's a pic from last year!
(If the link goes to the album, as it should, there's a couple other foliage shots in there too.)

Dude... wait, what?

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

We had this last night. Lots of strawberry and cherry goodness. Lots of acidity. Was definitely better after I put it through the Vinturi. I think I will hold the additional bottles for a little while and let them settle down. Yum!

MrFats

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MrFats

Ok. I just got my shipment Today. Darn missing the UPS guy....
Anyhow. I opened a bottle (I bought a case.What? Don't look at me like that..)

After letting it bloom for a while I noted this strong cranberry taste. A hint of dried cherries and was that...just the slightest taste of chocolate? It was nice and smokey, not overly peppery. The color's a beaut, this lovely blood red that just looks fantastic in a glass (kudos to whoever was man-or woman- enough to put it into a stein)

But where this wine really shines is with food. So I read at least. I cooked up some pasta, heated some sauce with turkey sausage and threw some romano over it (not ray-pecorino) and plated everyone's dinner. It's far better with food. Wow. The cranberries stood up well, complementing the sauce (tomato based, of course) the cherries were there, more prominent though that could also have been because the bottle was open and the wine was given some time. Anyhow. I tasted the chocolate much more prominently now.This hint, but it was very good. Smokey, pepper/spicey finish at the end but not overly so. Tannins but not so much and no big alcohol taste. Not too fruity. No fruit bombs here, people!

All in all a very nice wine, I think I'll cellar half the case for six months and crack it, see how it tastes then. Now where's those bottles of Vidal Ice and Helix.....

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

I was lucky enough to labrat this and it's so great hearing that everyone else is enjoying it as much as I did and still am! Mine arrived safely last Friday and was immediately opened that night at home. Just as good as before, total cranberry at first but really starts to shine after an hour. Even the second day this wine is still very good (sometimes I do this on purpose to see how it reacts).

Great job! I'm very satisfied but a little sad that I was only able to get 12.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988

I would love to hear your favorite recipes involving this wine! I'm not a wine drinker (buy for my gf) but I love cooking and would really like to start cooking with wine. This sounds like an excellent starting point to me!

- Just half a case for me but love the bottles

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
mstang1988 wrote:I would love to hear your favorite recipes involving this wine! I'm not a wine drinker (buy for my gf) but I love cooking and would really like to start cooking with wine. This sounds like an excellent starting point to me!

- Just half a case for me but love the bottles

Wow, it can be used for sauces, braising, soups, anytime you would use beer, marinade, heck i've even used it during frying. what else... oh yeah, drinking - cause it inspires better cooking.....or is an excuse that I use frequently. Happy cook is a good cook, or something along those lines. For specific ideas try looking in the Drinking and imPairing thread. But yes, a very good starting place, especially if you like Italian food!! I sure wouldn't use all of this wine for cooking as it really is quite good. Of course (as is frequently and recently discussed) don't cook with something that you wouldn't drink, or in your case, something your girlfriend wouldn't drink

CT

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
bkarney wrote:Wow, it can be used for sauces, braising, soups, anytime you would use beer, marinade, heck i've even used it during frying. what else... oh yeah, drinking - cause it inspires better cooking.....or is an excuse that I use frequently. Happy cook is a good cook, or something along those lines. For specific ideas try looking in the Drinking and imPairing thread. But yes, a very good starting place, especially if you like Italian food!! I sure wouldn't use all of this wine for cooking as it really is quite good. Of course (as is frequently and recently discussed) don't cook with something that you wouldn't drink, or in your case, something your girlfriend wouldn't drink

I know it can definately be used for sauces and things but I was hoping for some tasty recipes :-) I was looking at the most recent offering and the corision in the beef stew. I was all, hmm, I wonder if this would be good for cooking? Now I don't think some of the sweeter wines would be all that great for cooking and I was curious as to how this stacked up vs a cab or zin for cooking and if more or less it was a similar style etc. Thanks for the link though!

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf

My 6 pack arrived a week ago. I let it rest 3 or 4 days, and popped the cork on one.
After finishing the bottle with a friend(chilled, out the bottle, and with no food), I was very disappointed... for not ordering the full case of 12.
(Darn, I'm down to 3 bottles now)
This is really some good juice, and at a great WW price.

~looks forward to the next "Woot" wine offering~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske

I popped a Toothstejnn last night. I was pleasantly surprised. I was not a fan of Humbug and I did not try the other Woot Cellar offers, so my expectations were not overly high. However, Toothstejnn is the best $10 bottle I've had in a long time. I love the strawberry soda (my wife said strawberry jam) on the nose. Very disappointed I didn't get a case of this.

edthebedhead

bcc423 wrote:Tøøthstejnn

dinner of champions!

Is that mug frosted?

edthebedhead

Sako13 wrote:I live in a small apartment and don't have a Decantur (sp?). Will just popping the cork and letting the bottle sit for a few hours be enough? I guess I could pour a bunch into my Riedel glass and let it sit for an hour too... What do u guys think?

don't wait an hour.
letting it sit in the glass while you get some dinner is good enough.
drink up.