eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
LaVikinga wrote:THANK YOU! The words had been floating around my brain ever since I read Lighter's post & I couldn't put my finger on where they came from. I should know better. I'm a closet Discworld junky.

You're in good company here. Although The Princess Bride is definitely the most oft-quoted thing you'll see on w.w.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
yankeekiwi wrote:You mean there are some out there who do not know the Disc World???

*sheepishly raises hand*

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
CpprCr8 wrote:Me, too! Me, too! I loved the SurfZin! I've been looking for it everywhere, short of ordering it from the winery. (Shipping $$$ to the EC pretty much sux.)

Hey...this is getting too weird. Please tell me that you are married or otherwise NOT single. Or female. Otherwise, there will be much weirdness.

not single. but lets not let that stop similarities in wine preferences, geographic location in the country (also east coast) and general quests to black stop weirdness from ensuing.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:*sheepishly raises hand*

That's two marks on you, today. You need some serious cultural education.

CT | | | | | |

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
cheron98 wrote:Do you know what time it is?

It's time for CLUES!

eric9tx wrote:

;)

dnasquesttoblack3000

sans real clues, i'm going to guess a lucas and lleweln offering, or mandolina (the latter was related to the first, no? maybe i'm wrong).

either way, i figure if this week's offering was produced by them, it serves naturally for continuity that they'd be the offerer of the second week.

the other thing iw as thinking of was when WD or WF mentioned that they thought an assorted pack of mandolina would be a good idea.

just sayin is all.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:That's two marks on you, today. You need some serious cultural education.

Two? What was the other one?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:sans real clues, i'm going to guess a lucas and lleweln offering, or mandolina (the latter was related to the first, no? maybe i'm wrong).

either way, i figure if this week's offering was produced by them, it serves naturally for continuity that they'd be the offerer of the second week.

the other thing iw as thinking of was when WD or WF mentioned that they thought an assorted pack of mandolina would be a good idea.

just sayin is all.

I don't think it's wine at all, something about the tenor of the previous labrats saying they got something, didnt' strike me as though they got wine. Unless of course they each got a bottle of the Mandolina 12 pack I talked about earlier and there will be six more rats for friday. I really hope it's not a Mandolina 12 pack cause I would buy that and I should not do so.

link to Mandolina's lineup no clue if these are all available varietals. Note the sparkler

Okay, they've actually got 13 wines for sale, but if you leave out the sparkler theres 12

Waht is pinot nero?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

dnasquesttoblack3000

bhodilee wrote:I don't think it's wine at all, something about the tenor of the previous labrats saying they got something, didnt' strike me as though they got wine. Unless of course they each got a bottle of the Mandolina 12 pack I talked about earlier and there will be six more rats for friday. I really hope it's not a Mandolina 12 pack cause I would buy that and I should not do so.

link to Mandolina's lineup no clue if these are all available varietals. Note the sparkler

Okay, they've actually got 13 wines for sale, but if you leave out the sparkler theres 12

Waht is pinot nero?

i believe it is high time we've had a sparkler in these here parts.

the quest:

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
bhodilee wrote:I don't think it's wine at all, something about the tenor of the previous labrats saying they got something, didnt' strike me as though they got wine. Unless of course they each got a bottle of the Mandolina 12 pack I talked about earlier and there will be six more rats for friday. I really hope it's not a Mandolina 12 pack cause I would buy that and I should not do so.

Waht is pinot nero?

Per their website, "Pino Nero" is Italian for "Pinot Noir"

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

bhodilee

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:i believe it is HIGH time we've had a sparkler in these here parts.

agreed, but it's the most likely to be left out I think due to bottle shape, dunno if it'd fit in the normal styrofoam case box they send out.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

thrawn1020 wrote:Per their website, "Pino Nero" is Italian for "Pinot Noir"

ah, yes, reading is fundamental. thank you

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Two? What was the other one?

Young Ones

CT | | | | | |

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
jwhite6114 wrote:
Young Ones

That can be forgiven, for she is but a child.

But not knowing Discworld...

cheron98

yumitori wrote:That can be forgiven, for she is but a child

*slumps down in her chair* i'm not -that- young...

yankeekiwi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeekiwi

[quote postid="2620810" user="LaVikinga"]Strange as it may seem. I absolutely adore the series. I'm at the beginning of "Moving Pictures." It's been a bit slow going.

I love the series. I even have one copy of Men At Arms signed by Pratchett with the advice that I CAN read it in bed... that was for my wife who complained that my laughing was shaking the bed too much!

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Discworld.??? Sorry I'm lost.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
Alaska1 wrote:Discworld.??? Sorry I'm lost.

I think they are talking about this: Discworld on Wikipedia

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike

Anyone with Polyphemus in the Twin Cities area: I would love to buy a few more bottles of this...I bought three when it was offered. The last two were OUTSTANDING...PM me if you have some available...

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen
kakarak wrote:Strange. I was just going to pick up a case of this as well, and they're not showing North Dakota as a shipping state. This is the first time I've seen NoDak not be an option

I've ordered several bottles of Wellington through w.w. I thought the shipping list of the vineyard became the shipping list of wine.woot-- no?

I was holding off on ordering until they announced the mystery bottles in case I wanted to add whatever mine was. But with the price going up couldn`t wait any longer.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
thrawn1020 wrote:I think they are talking about this: Discworld on Wikipedia

Sorry, but I can't imagine getting into a series with 36 books in it so far (according to the Wikipedia article). I'd probably die before I finished them all.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
LaVikinga wrote:THANK YOU! The words had been floating around my brain ever since I read Lighter's post & I couldn't put my finger on where they came from. I should know better. I'm a closet Discworld junky.

Who here has seen Hogfather?

A rather faithful adaption, but kinda, um, bland.

And it's too bad about Terry Pratchett; he's desparately looking for a cure.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Alaska1

ticomike wrote:Anyone with Polyphemus in the Twin Cities area: I would love to buy a few more bottles of this...I bought three when it was offered. The last two were OUTSTANDING...PM me if you have some available...

Sorry already scooped them up. llo

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
coynedj wrote:Sorry, but I can't imagine getting into a series with 36 books in it so far (according to the Wikipedia article). I'd probably die before I finished them all.

They are quick reads. And, the "series" can be split into several sub-series, which really do not intersect much.

And, there may not be many more books; the author recently announced that he had been diagnosed with early-onset alzheimers.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
JOATMON wrote:Who here has seen Hogfather?

A rather faithful adaption, but kinda, um, bland.

And it's too bad about Terry Pratchett; he's desparately looking for a cure.

I kinda liked Hogfather, but yeah, it is a bit long. Terrible about Terry Pratchett though, I love love love discworld.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

cheron98 wrote:Do you know what time it is?

It's time for CLUES!

Maybe there IS no offer, but instead they're going to post the results of the Wellington Mystery Wine Challenge.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
eric9tx wrote:You're in good company here. Although The Princess Bride is definitely the most oft-quoted thing you'll see on w.w.

We know the movie well. It was the Duty Ready Room film during one of my husband's cruises. He still tells me my eyes '...are the color of the sea on a stormy day."

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
speedoo wrote:That may be true of recent offerings but there were plenty of sub-$18 wines offered in the past that were accompanied by excellent winemaker participation. If I had more time right now, I could provide a list, but at the top of the list would be the Abandon chardonnay. (WD, how about giving us another shoot at that?)

Not likely to see another Generation of Sonoma (winery behind Abandon) offer here. While they enjoyed the Woot experience, they found the margin a little too tight. Of course, things change and they may decide it is a good alternative.

Until then, they offer a 25% discount to all wooters. I think the code is "wooter", but you may need to call as I can't find the code. Paul told me it will not expire. I am waiting for them to be able to ship to CT again. (Or use my NH wootleg for Thanksgiving.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

LaVikinga

coynedj wrote:Sorry, but I can't imagine getting into a series with 36 books in it so far (according to the Wikipedia article). I'd probably die before I finished them all.

That's what I thought as well, but got hooked when a friend loaned me a copy of "The Colour of Magic". Very sly & silly satire. I call it my mind candy.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

LaVikinga

yankeekiwi wrote:[quote postid="2620810" user="LaVikinga"]Strange as it may seem. I absolutely adore the series. I'm at the beginning of "Moving Pictures." It's been a bit slow going.

I love the series. I even have one copy of Men At Arms signed by Pratchett with the advice that I CAN read it in bed... that was for my wife who complained that my laughing was shaking the bed too much!

Oh, wow! The Watch has become my favorite set of characters.

Now back to the wine.

I gifted a set for the first time and am wondering if the recipient will get a shipping notice as well. Unfortunately, my tracking notices never seem to be able to give me actual tracking info until after it's delivered but I need to make sure sis knows it's on its way. And it's still pretty warm here in Florida. Any chance there will be ketchup packs in the shipments?

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan
eric9tx wrote:You're in good company here. Although The Princess Bride is definitely the most oft-quoted thing you'll see on w.w.

Inconceivable!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

cheron98

Corrado wrote:Maybe there IS no offer, but instead they're going to post the results of the Wellington Mystery Wine Challenge.

I am oddly OK with this...

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:I am oddly OK with this...

you can say no. I'll come over to your cube tomorrow morning and help you just say no. DARE TO DREAM of paid off cc's.

cheron98

oppsie wrote:you can say no. I'll come over to your cube tomorrow morning and help you just say no. DARE TO DREAM of paid off cc's.

I can dream of them. Just ain't gonna happen. Ever

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
bhodilee wrote:I don't think it's wine at all, something about the tenor of the previous labrats saying they got something, didnt' strike me as though they got wine.

You'll just have to tune in at midnight to find out, now won't you?

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
j-o-h-n wrote:You'll just have to tune in at midnight to find out, now won't you?

hmm, I assume you don't know by chance do u.....

CT

Alaska1

llo !!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Sorry for the late clue. Been wading in Toothsteijn boxes.. come to think of it, we will be fulfilling another tooth tonight.

WD

evrything4fun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evrything4fun
auggie24 wrote:Shouldn't that be incontheivable?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Actively searching for a wine.wooter annonymous meeting