jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:I'll make it simple, if you see Woot Cellars, it WILL sellout before rat review. So far Woot Cellars hasnt' needed it because it's been great wine for the price, and in a lot of cases it's just been great wine.

This one sold at a faster pace than Humbug and Poly, too (initial offerings). Though slightly slower than Monkey Prize.

CT | | | | | |

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
Corrado wrote:The other 1/2 case can be see pictured on the front page.
Figure at least a case has been 'spent' on wine.woot events & tasting parties.
So there's probably closer to 14 or fewer cases remaining. Could go into a Polyphemus + Tøøthstejn (lol) very-limited woot-off duo.

Oh, dear lord....how you love to tease us so!!

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

So, any hints for Thursday? Does anybody else have any bright ideas on how we can entertain ourselves?

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

jwhite6114

paryb wrote:So, any hints for Thursday? Does anybody else have any bright ideas on how we can entertain ourselves?

try this

It'll get you ready for guessing once we get clues

CT | | | | | |

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
bhodilee wrote:That's awesome, but how do you know that? Should you really be on this site or at a meeting?

The majority of twelve-step programs address illnesses other than addiction. About twenty percent of twelve-step programs are for addiction recovery, the other eighty percent address a variety of problems from debt to depression.
From Wikipedia

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
paryb wrote:So, any hints for Thursday? Does anybody else have any bright ideas on how we can entertain ourselves?

Ummm....maybe we should work a little?! I mean, just until the next offering. Or until the labrats report. Or.....ooooh, shiny!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mwfielder wrote:Had to bag a trip this weekend, and trying to save my ticket. Anyone know what the Bay Area or Napa is like in early December?

Are you referring to weather? It's not that bad, but it all depends on if you're talking about SF or other parts of the bay area. Haven't really been to Napa in December, but I believe it's pretty much like San Jose when it comes to weather. Somewhere in the 60's. It might rain a bit. If you meant not weather, then sorry about the post.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
sandtrap wrote:Not right now. If you are ever in Saint Louis let me know, I will look into a tour.

Thanks! I'll remember that!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
jwhite6114 wrote:try this

It'll get you ready for guessing once we get clues

I got it on the third row after 10 rounds. Okay, off to get something accomplished now. Thanks J, for the game.

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n

I've got a secret!

See you all bright and early Thursday morning!

“Anyone can rat, but it takes a certain amount of ingenuity to re-rat”

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
CAGrl wrote:Are you referring to weather? It's not that bad, but it all depends on if you're talking about SF or other parts of the bay area. Haven't really been to Napa in December, but I believe it's pretty much like San Jose when it comes to weather. Somewhere in the 60's. It might rain a bit. If you meant not weather, then sorry about the post.

December is a great time to visit tasting rooms because they aren't as crowded. We get a little more rainfall than San Jose, but pretty close weather otherwise. Christmas in SF and at the wineries is very pretty. I think there are also some holiday tasting programs...Winter in Carneros or something like that.

Hope this helps!

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

Just sitting here thinking to myself; "'Lighter' (I thinks to myself,) you've always typed short and terse posts. Maybe after you finish teaching your evening Lighting class you could sit down with Ms. Dancer and figure out some sort of long post for late tonight."

"Maybe even a whole paragraph . . ."

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
edthebedhead wrote:Thanks! I'll remember that!

Does sandtrap work someplace cool? Not that I'm headed to St.L. Just nosy.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

thormrk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thormrk

LIGHTER is a Rat!!

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:
also, since poizin is likely to show up sometime relatively soon, has anyone tried last year's in a while? i just popped one a month or so ago (my second of the trio) and, while i found alot of the youngness had faded, there was still this tightness and almost i want to say diaper taste to it. since its a screwcap and both bottles i had (out of the 3) tasted like it, i figure its part of the taste and not a funny bottle.

Interestingly enough (or not), I cracked open a 2006 PoiZin last week. I agree about the tightness on the forepalate, but no diapers (Thank God!). At room temp, I was getting a lot of red fruit (berry) at the mid-palate and a moderate finish. Tightness did mellow with about an hour in the glass, so I'm planning to decant the next bottle for at least 1/2 hour before quaffing. Overall, the PoiZin *has* improved over the year in the bottle. But I don't think it will stand up to any serious aging.

Nearly forgot, it's OK on night 2, but don't push it longer.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

edthebedhead

eric9tx wrote:Does sandtrap work someplace cool? Not that I'm headed to St.L. Just nosy.

Sandtrap?

Just someplace that condones wine tasting at work. sounds cool to me.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
j-o-h-n wrote:I've got a secret!

See you all bright and early Thursday morning!

“Anyone can rat, but it takes a certain amount of ingenuity to re-rat”

Sooo... you got a rat item for thursday's offering then?

Did it come randomly by itself, or did you get toothstejnn as a rattery too?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

thormrk wrote:LIGHTER is a Rat!!

is he? i can't keep up with you people anymore. make it clear so i can mark ya down

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
rwave wrote:Very upset that this sold out without even a labrat review... How are the poorer people out there supposed to be discerning buyers?

Start by discerning which wines are likely to sell out before you have time to discern!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder
winefarm wrote:December is a great time to visit tasting rooms because they aren't as crowded. We get a little more rainfall than San Jose, but pretty close weather otherwise. Christmas in SF and at the wineries is very pretty. I think there are also some holiday tasting programs...Winter in Carneros or something like that.

Hope this helps!

Thanks (and to CAgirl). We have a weekend to use and thought a quick trip to NoCal would be good.

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

jwhite6114

iByron wrote:Start by discerning which wines are likely to sell out before you have time to discern!

iByron

That is absolutely NO good. Following up a Woot Cellars offer with another must-buy is just plain wrong.

(shuffling off, filling out Chapter 13 paperwork)

CT | | | | | |

wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
jwhite6114 wrote:That is absolutely NO good. Following up a Woot Cellars offer with another must-buy is just plain wrong.

(shuffling off, filling out Chapter 13 paperwork)

I am afraid for tonight as well.
Unless it's an 8GB USB key with a wine.woot! logo on it I wont be able to resist buying.
(OK, I'd have to buy the USB key as well.....see what I mean!!!)

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

edthebedhead

wootified wrote:I am afraid for tonight as well.
Unless it's an 8GB USB key with a wine.woot! logo on it I wont be able to resist buying.
(OK, I'd have to buy the USB key as well.....see what I mean!!!)

Tonight? or tomorrow night?

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB
Corrado wrote:Bookmarked?!?! Why is http://wine.woot.com/ not your HOMEPAGE!??!

:D :D :D

Because they count our web hits at work. So, I let the work page come up and then dart over here as needed. :D Now sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh get back under my desk where you belong!!!

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Looking to plan a trip to Italy next year. Can anyone recommend some good regions/wineries to visit for wine?

dodongo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dodongo
CAGrl wrote:Are you referring to weather? It's not that bad, but it all depends on if you're talking about SF or other parts of the bay area. Haven't really been to Napa in December, but I believe it's pretty much like San Jose when it comes to weather. Somewhere in the 60's. It might rain a bit. If you meant not weather, then sorry about the post.

Without sounding too enamored with where I live, I think it's pretty awesome most of the time. Sudden earth movements aside.

Seriously, though, this area is cool in December. The weather is fine, though you'll need an umbrella. Tourism-wise I think it's a good time to visit, as the crowds begin to dwindle and the chance of getting a good hotel price increases. Up in the valleys, traffic is much better because the harvest crowds go away. Scenery is totally different -- yes, the vines are still there, but they're pruned and devoid of leaves; however, the hills are lush and green after coming around from five or six months of no rain. It's pretty great!

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Wellingtons DUKE is currently avail

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey
mwfielder wrote:Thanks (and to CAgirl). We have a weekend to use and thought a quick trip to NoCal would be good.

Just a hint about weather - keep an eye on the reports right up till you leave, and pack layers. The last few years, we have had anything from 75 and sunny on Christmas Day to a high of 40 and lows in the 20's. Generally speaking in the Bay Area, dress in layers because you have no idea what the weather will be like.

But it's a great place for a weekend away. Tons of stuff to do no matter what part of the bay you end up in!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Through the darkness, Norse warrior Tøøthstejnn the Red steered his mighty longboat through the treacherous waters of the great lakes, only to shipwreck along the rocky shores of Lake Michigan. Once washed ashore, this lone survivor began a frightful trek through seemingly unending acres of grasslands and cornfields before arriving in the urban jungles of Madison, WI. It was here that I was fortunate enough to have a brief interaction with this fearsome adventurer, and hear his tales of plunder and pillaging before he continued his journey onward. Although our time together was all too short, I was left with a profound sense of satisfaction and a small token of appreciation, of which I will go into greater detail as time progresses.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
CatherineB wrote::D :D :D

Because they count our web hits at work. So, I let the work page come up and then dart over here as needed. :D Now sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh get back under my desk where you belong!!!

I'm confused, isn't that still a web hit when you type it in and it goes through the routing/gateway/proxy server setup?

From a system admin point of view it's all tracked typically and because it isn't a https connection they can see everything in and out of the site. Now if it were me and I was really trying to be stealhy I would use an https proxy server or use a remote connection to my home system etc and browse on that.

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
edthebedhead wrote:Tonight? or tomorrow night?

thursday, you're right.
(again - see what i mean?)

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
thormrk wrote:LIGHTER is a Rat!!

That's mean, I've always liked Lighter. Stand up guy. OH, wait, you mean he's a labrat, that bastard

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
iByron wrote:Start by discerning which wines are likely to sell out before you have time to discern!

iByron

Woah, you just schooled them Confuscious style. *bows at feet of the master*

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mwfielder

artulo wrote:Through the darkness, Norse warrior Tøøthstejnn the Red steered his mighty longboat through the treacherous waters of the great lakes, only to shipwreck along the rocky shores of Lake Michigan. Once washed ashore, this lone survivor began a frightful trek through seemingly unending acres of grasslands and cornfields before arriving in the urban jungles of Madison, WI. It was here that I was fortunate enough to have a brief interaction with this fearsome adventurer, and hear his tales of plunder and pillaging before he continued his journey onward. Although our time together was all too short, I was left with a profound sense of satisfaction and a small token of appreciation, of which I will go into greater detail as time progresses.

Agh! the suspense and inuendo is killing me.... by my count there are 3 rats so far, yes? (Lighter, j-o-h-n, and artulo). I think only Lighter has left any clues, something about writing a paragraph with Ms. Dancer....

mwfielder

jenmonkey wrote:Just a hint about weather - keep an eye on the reports right up till you leave, and pack layers. The last few years, we have had anything from 75 and sunny on Christmas Day to a high of 40 and lows in the 20's. Generally speaking in the Bay Area, dress in layers because you have no idea what the weather will be like.

But it's a great place for a weekend away. Tons of stuff to do no matter what part of the bay you end up in!

Sold! I'll book it when I get my Dec schedule in the next day or so...

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
mwfielder wrote:Agh! the suspense and inuendo is killing me.... by my count there are 3 rats so far, yes?

I think 1 confirmed but others have elluded to the rattage.

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

cheron98

mstang1988 wrote:I think 1 confirmed but others have elluded to the rattage.

Well, given WD said first sucker was guaranteed rattage, that means MaskedMarvel is a rat. artulo is the only one who has solidly confirmed. I believe j-o-h-n is a labrat for the Thursday offering (sent early, as is sometimes done) but does not have our Norse friend. And Lighter might be messing with us. He neither confirmed nor denied his rat status.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Well, given WD said first sucker was guaranteed rattage, that means MaskedMarvel is a rat. artulo is the only one who has solidly confirmed. I believe j-o-h-n is a labrat for the Thursday offering (sent early, as is sometimes done) but does not have our Norse friend. And Lighter might be messing with us. He neither confirmed nor denied his rat status.

When did WD say first sucker was a guaranteed rat?

And on only one occasion do I think we have seen a labrat bottle sent early (one of the Benziger rats) -- excepting pre-planned organized tastings, of course.

But you're the rat expert, so I readily defer to you (just please let me know what I missed ).

CT | | | | | |

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
Imagine4vr wrote:It's bouncing!

And if this year is like the past 2 years, I wouldn't expect Poizin until the middle of October. Of course, I could be wrong, but just going on past data.

Would expect 10/13...a good day if there ever was one for Poizin, thanks to Chris Carter.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Daystar wrote:So, have we determined if this is a Kunde or L&L wine?

WD told me "not kunde".

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT