psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
MarkDaSpark wrote:InZinerator is a wine by Scott Harvey. Excellent Zin. We just had it on Wine.Woot recently (Aug 25th) and it sold out quickly.

The coupon they are referring to is most likely the one for your Woot anniversary. Woot sends you a code for the month that you joined Woot. It's $4.99 (not quite $5), and good for one order.

Right, except the coupon I was referring to is a "free shipping" one(from the winery) included with my past order from Woot... expires on 9-30-08.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

This wine got my boss to join wine.woot. Nice that with all the tasting of the wannebe's and Wine Library, that I could easily recommend it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Alas, poor Tøøthstejnn, I knew him well.

Sold Out!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

Hmm, total woots sold of 1935, or 967.5 cases. Sorry to say it folks, but there will be a very limited amount available, if any, in the future. Bring on Thursday! I guess this confirms my suspicion that w.w is growing quickly, so look out! Maybe another new one on the way!

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
tommythecat78 wrote:Alas, poor Tøøthstejnn, I knew him well.

Sold Out!!!

Congrats WD & WF.
Another fine showing.

israelchen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages israelchen

In fer 2

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

So, have we determined if this is a Kunde or L&L wine?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
tommythecat78 wrote:The Swedish Chef? "Popcorn poppin' in da 3-D!!"

CT | | | | | |

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Daystar wrote:So, have we determined if this is a Kunde or L&L wine?

Geographically more likely to be L&L.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

jwhite6114

thrawn1020 wrote:Hmm, total woots sold of 1935, or 967.5 cases. Sorry to say it folks, but there will be a very limited amount available, if any, in the future. Bring on Thursday! I guess this confirms my suspicion that w.w is growing quickly, so look out! Maybe another new one on the way!

I was thinkin' the same thing! 198 bottles isn't even enough to split into sets of 3 for a wootoff. Assuming the numbers are all good we should not see this one again for any offer.

CT | | | | | |

lilbadpinay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbadpinay

i missed it by 2 secs....aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

nyesq54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyesq54
CAGrl wrote:Law school. Took the bar in July and just sitting on my lazy bum waiting for results.

enjoy it while you can. good luck.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:whiny texans

*grumble* no basement here either

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
jwhite6114 wrote:I was thinkin' the same thing! 198 bottles isn't even enough to split into sets of 3 for a wootoff. Assuming the numbers are all good we should not see this one again for any offer.

Just enough bottles left to send to all us regulars who organize and attend the tastings a sweet ass christmas gift!! Ummmm...that was ummmm...subliminal....yeah, that's the ticket...subliminal.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs
jwhite6114 wrote:My bad! And please take no offense at my ignorance.

No offense taken. However, it appears that a few others on this site just can't help themselves. Just some good natured teasing I am sure.

Daystar

WD, not that it's sold out can we get a clue for the next offering? My hope if for Kent Rasmussen

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs
timbyrd wrote:And tonight I've been saying that with a Swedish-viking accent.

(Try it, you'll like it!)

-- T

I am very impressed with the "Tramp" comment and it takes a lot to impress me!!!

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
KeyserSoze33 wrote:Last wooter to woot: KeyserSoze33

Well I'm in for a case. First purchase on wine.woot.

Here I go down the slippery slope!

I love your name - one hell of a kick ass movie

CT

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

Wooter to blame for sellout: metal4411
Sellout time: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 7:25:03 AM Central Time
Item quantity: 1935

June 1935: Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio
Coincidence?

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tripgrad wrote:Wooter to blame for sellout: metal4411
Sellout time: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 7:25:03 AM Central Time
Item quantity: 1935

June 1935: Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio
Coincidence?

That's awesome, but how do you know that? Should you really be on this site or at a meeting?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Two FedEx trucks have come 'n' gone this morning with no packages for this thirsty wino.

Looks like Alpo again tonight... :D

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Corrado wrote:Two FedEx trucks have come 'n' gone this morning with no packages for this thirsty wino.

I've been eyeing out the window as well...no trucks yet tho!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Regarding the 967.5 cases sold, I'm really surprised that WD only held on to 16.5 cases, for the corps.

As with the monkey prize the entire production won't be sold here due to WD/WF and the rest of wine.woot taking a couple cases, the winemakers taking a couple cases, and cases that go to grease the dirty palms of all the people WD has to bribe to get the deals he does.

16.5 cases really isn't that many greased palms.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

jwhite6114

Corrado wrote:Two FedEx trucks have come 'n' gone this morning with no packages for this thirsty wino.

It seems WD has been playing around with e-mail labrats, too. I would assume this would mean that we can all relax on Tuesdays, now, since we should already know if we're a labrat.

But what if he forgot?

What if it got dumped in my SPAM folder?

What if I accidentally deleted it thinking it was something else?

What if my e-mail server is just being slow?

Maybe I'll just go wait by the mail room until FedEx gets here.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

andyduncan wrote:Regarding the 967.5 cases sold, I'm really surprised that WD only held on to 16.5 cases, for the corps.

As with the monkey prize the entire production won't be sold here due to WD/WF and the rest of wine.woot taking a couple cases, the winemakers taking a couple cases, and cases that go to grease the dirty palms of all the people WD has to bribe to get the deals he does.

Tøøthstejnn the Red is a pretty persuasive figure.

CT | | | | | |

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

andyduncan wrote:Regarding the 967.5 cases sold, I'm really surprised that WD only held on to 16.5 cases, for the corps.

The other 1/2 case can be see pictured on the front page.
Figure at least a case has been 'spent' on wine.woot events & tasting parties.
So there's probably closer to 14 or fewer cases remaining. Could go into a Polyphemus + Tøøthstejn (lol) very-limited woot-off duo.

bhodilee

It's just enough to cover whatever problems may arise during shipping though

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
timbyrd wrote:And tonight I've been saying that with a Swedish-viking accent.

(Try it, you'll like it!)

-- T

I tried it, and liked it! My new pronunciation for this varietal has been instituted!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

Daystar

tripgrad wrote:June 1935: Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio
Coincidence?

I live in Akron.

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
Corrado wrote:The other 1/2 case can be see pictured on the front page.
Figure at least a case has been 'spent' on wine.woot events & tasting parties.
So there's probably closer to 14 or fewer cases remaining. Could go into a Polyphemus + Tøøthstejn (lol) very-limited woot-off duo.

And lest we forget, there's also 2 labrat bottles out there. Maybe more, depending on how important they were thought to be.

Now that the wine sold out, does anyone who had the chance to sample know whether or not the second sample was also Sangiovese? Because that could be an indication that there is another woot cellars wine out there being prepared.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

PghRiverRat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PghRiverRat
Daystar wrote:I live in Akron.

So do I, but I always seem to end up in a bar on my way to the meetings...

I like to cook with wine. In fact, I drank a bottle last night while cooking dinner!

sandtrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandtrap
sandtrap wrote:If I am chosen to labrat. I promise to have a tasting right at work. My boss is very understanding (and would want a taste also).

edthebedhead wrote:Hiring?

Not right now. If you are ever in Saint Louis let me know, I will look into a tour.

rwave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave

Very upset that this sold out without even a labrat review... How are the poorer people out there supposed to be discerning buyers?

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

Had to bag a trip this weekend, and trying to save my ticket. Anyone know what the Bay Area or Napa is like in early December?

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex
PghRiverRat wrote:So do I, but I always seem to end up in a bar on my way to the meetings...

There seem to be quite a few of us from Akron based upon this and prior postings.

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
winefarm wrote:umm....

is this a hint?

also, since poizin is likely to show up sometime relatively soon, has anyone tried last year's in a while? i just popped one a month or so ago (my second of the trio) and, while i found alot of the youngness had faded, there was still this tightness and almost i want to say diaper taste to it. since its a screwcap and both bottles i had (out of the 3) tasted like it, i figure its part of the taste and not a funny bottle.

so my question: does this wine require some serious decanting? by serious, i mean any?

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

bhodilee

rwave wrote:Very upset that this sold out without even a labrat review... How are the poorer people out there supposed to be discerning buyers?

I'll make it simple, if you see Woot Cellars, it WILL sellout before rat review. So far Woot Cellars hasnt' needed it because it's been great wine for the price, and in a lot of cases it's just been great wine.

gramarye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gramarye

First time wine.wooter. Hopefully I picked a good ship for a maiden voyage! From the comments, though (and the speed at which this sold out!), I don't think I've much to worry about.

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
rwave wrote:Very upset that this sold out without even a labrat review... How are the poorer people out there supposed to be discerning buyers?

Simple Rule: Woot! Cellars -=> BUY! BUY HERE! BUY NOW!

I still kick myself for missing Rinfrescante!

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

jwhite6114

bhodilee wrote:That's awesome, but how do you know that? Should you really be on this site or at a meeting?

My sister and I were kind of weirded out when we noticed that the birthdays of the founders of AA were the same as hers and mine (different years, of course). You'd think that would have been taken as a "sign".

CT | | | | | |