CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
Corrado wrote:Bookmarked?!?! Why is http://wine.woot.com/ not your HOMEPAGE!??!

Oooh. That's a great idea. I need a new home page since I graduated from school this May.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
tomatillo wrote:Let's get subliminal...
(whispering, "poizin,,,,poizin,,,,poizin.........")

umm....

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
CAGrl wrote:Oooh. That's a great idea. I need a new home page since I graduated from school this May.

which school?

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Bouncing!

DISC0NECTtheD0TS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DISC0NECTtheD0TS

my First Wine.Woot!

...I have finally given in. This is going to get me into trouble, I know it!

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
DISC0NECTtheD0TS wrote:my First Wine.Woot!

...I have finally given in. This is going to get me into trouble, I know it!

As others have said, cut up the credit cards and get a second job. You are going to want the extra money when awesome stuff comes up, which it does with startling regularity. I think this month alone I have spent a ... staggering ... $410 on 6 bottles of Petite Sirah, 6 bottles of Sake, 3 bottles of Benziger Red, 3 bottles of Benziger SB, and now a full case(!) of the Woot Cellars.

Does this qualify as a drug-seeking habit? dammmmmn.

But like I was saying, up the credit limits, send away for all the money your friends owed you from college, and mail in your credit cards c/o WineDavid. He'll need them. Oh, and make sure you have a cold dark place for all of your newly bought purchases. Wouldn't want spoilage, now would we? In other words, Well-come!

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Sako13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sako13

In for 1! My first woot too!

Mandolina has a 2005 Sangiovese that gets an 85+ rating. This is probably very similar to that one. It sells for $23 + Shipping per bottle!

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=388569

$23 bottle price
http://www.vinquire.com/wines/search/buy/2005%20Mandolina%20Sangiovese/?ref=16

mattblatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattblatz

i can haz a sellout case?

Sako13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sako13

btw you can read what people had to say about the 2005 Mandolina Sangiovese they bought right here at wine.woot!

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1453047

CAGrl

edthebedhead wrote:which school?

Law school. Took the bar in July and just sitting on my lazy bum waiting for results.

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'd rather you give me some morels instead of carp ....

I hope Bowtie doesn't leave you morelly bankrupt.

cheron98 wrote:Uh... it's only 40 posts per page, darlin'. Which means at 8 pages, that's only 320 posts Good lord, if it was 125 posts per page, no one would ever keep up with this beast!

Ya' know, Yogi Berra was picking up a pizza and they asked if he'd like it cut into eight or sixteen pieces. He's said eight, because there was no way his family could eat all sixteen...

intodogs wrote:By the way, it's Lady!!!

Don't mind JW, he's a tramp. (That remark only makes sense if you are into dogs.)

tomaste wrote:FYI for those lay-people (like me, I had to look it up):

sangiovese is pronounced san-joh-VAY-zeh

And tonight I've been saying that with a Swedish-viking accent.

(Try it, you'll like it!)

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

edthebedhead

CAGrl wrote:Law school. Took the bar in July and just sitting on my lazy bum waiting for results.

Excellent work, you deserve to sit. Enjoy a bottle - or 6, while you wait. Best of luck. I'm in grad school... not sitting on my lazy bum. someday my time will come.

daddybush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddybush

in for one

Last wooter to woot: daddybush

AJTheSecond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AJTheSecond

Thanks!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

As JayKidd007 noted already,

The button is bouncing!!

Edit: And many others on the previous page. Only saw JayKidd on this one.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

edthebedhead

AJTheSecond wrote:I really can't justify buying a whole order, but if anyone in the Portland, OR Metro area wants to split it up; I will buy one or two off of you for $12 each. Send me an email, I check it daily, AJ(underscore)Dos(at)Hotmail(dotcom)

Check your email.

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

Last wooter to woot: KeyserSoze33

Well I'm in for a case. First purchase on wine.woot.

Here I go down the slippery slope!

MarkDaSpark

Siress wrote:I've never been more upset to live in GA. Between this and the gas shortage, I might loose my grip on sanity.

Mr. Sanity will be very happy if you do !!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

KeyserSoze33 wrote:Last wooter to woot: KeyserSoze33

Well I'm in for a case. First purchase on wine.woot.

Here I go down the slippery slope!

Very very slippery slope! But a very fun and tasty one. And welcome!

MarkDaSpark

Corrado wrote:llo, this post should be laminated, bronzed, and preserved for all eternity.

Thank you kind sir!!

MarkDaSpark

Shacho wrote:What's inZinerator?

And what's the coupon?

InZinerator is a wine by Scott Harvey. Excellent Zin. We just had it on Wine.Woot recently (Aug 25th) and it sold out quickly.

The coupon they are referring to is most likely the one for your Woot anniversary. Woot sends you a code for the month that you joined Woot. It's $4.99 (not quite $5), and good for one order.

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey

Haven't bought much lately or posted in forever, but in for a half case. The pre-fiance doesn't drink much or like red wine, so it's all for meeeee!! I never ever ever miss a Woot Cellars offering though, no matter how bad the financial climate gets.

Awesome labels, WD, as always!

Cheers, everyone.

CAGrl

edthebedhead wrote:Excellent work, you deserve to sit. Enjoy a bottle - or 6, while you wait. Best of luck. I'm in grad school... not sitting on my lazy bum. someday my time will come.

Good luck at grad school and your time will come soon.

MarkDaSpark

jenmonkey wrote:Haven't bought much lately or posted in forever, but in for a half case. The pre-fiance doesn't drink much or like red wine, so it's all for meeeee!! I never ever ever miss a Woot Cellars offering though, no matter how bad the financial climate gets.

Awesome labels, WD, as always!

Cheers, everyone.

Pre-fiancee??? Sounds like someone's into Wicked a little too much!

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey
MarkDaSpark wrote:Pre-fiancee??? Sounds like someone's into Wicked a little too much!

Is that that book based on the Wizard of Oz? Not familiar with the reference. We're just running out of ways to say that we're unofficially engaged until he gets into a Police Academy and we can make it official. ;) Sounds like I have another book to read while I drink my woot.wine now...

MarkDaSpark

jenmonkey wrote:Is that that book based on the Wizard of Oz? Not familiar with the reference. We're just running out of ways to say that we're unofficially engaged until he gets into a Police Academy and we can make it official. ;) Sounds like I have another book to read while I drink my woot.wine now...

Yes. It was a book, made into a hit Broadway Musical that's also in Chicago, Los Angeles, and other parts of the country. Wikipedia article on Wicked.

Basically it tells the story of the Wicked Witch (Elphaba) and Glinda (the Good Witch aka Galinda in the play) pre-Dorothy, and through after Dorothy's arrival. Really Excellent Play! Haven't read the book yet, but will get it the next time I see it.

Galinda (Glinda before she dropped the "a") announces her engagement to one of the charactors before he knows anything about it. Surprise! Thus the bad joke about the pre-financee I made.

Good Luck on everything!

Kanjawin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kanjawin

No longer a woot virgin! Love the label. If the content is "Super Tuscan-ish" I'll love it 2--- and in for 2!

46&2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

First 'wine' wine.woot! (the first was De Longs Wine Grape Varietal Table). For some odd reason I felt compelled to buy it.......

rlrct

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rlrct

Sigh - sounds too good to pass up at this price ... darn you WD!!! :-)

jims19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jims19

Whew...just got in.

:-)

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05
46&2 wrote:First 'wine' wine.woot! (the first was De Longs Wine Grape Varietal Table). For some odd reason I felt compelled to buy it.......

Wait... you had all that edu-ma-cation and you waited till this offer? You my friend have MUCH more willpower than I!

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:can I take offense to it?

I don't think you are capable, but feel free to try.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
timbyrd wrote:And tonight I've been saying that with a Swedish-viking accent.

(Try it, you'll like it!)

-- T

And just what does that sound like? (so I can get it right when I say it)

CT | | | | | |

mtkfuego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtkfuego
CAGrl wrote:Law school. Took the bar in July and just sitting on my lazy bum waiting for results.

Congrats. I could never be a lawyer. Mainly because I can never pass a bar. Guess that's why I am here....

In for my first woot.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
Loweeel wrote:Lo, for I have tasted the final blend, and it is delicious!

Strawberry jam for days, and nice acidity.

WD -- PLEASE GET THIS ON A WOOT SHIRT FOR US!!!!!!!!!! This label puts polyphemus to shame.

:::coming out of the shadows::: Yes, please a shirt. I swear I will buy three!

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Siress wrote:I have my windows open and can hear the roar of I-75. I'm less than a mile from exit 315. I don't have the cash in my account right now, either. Thanks to yesterdays awesome shirt, I'm down to $12 in the only account I use for online purchases. If have time tomorrow I'll make a deposit and get back to you.. Thanks!

EDIT: #$%@#!!! STOP LOOTING MY WOOT! Wooting my loot...wooting my woot?

Check your PMs, and let me know!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
mtkfuego wrote:Congrats. I could never be a lawyer. Mainly because I can never pass a bar. Guess that's why I am here....

In for my first woot.

Funny thing is, I can never pass by a bar......

**burp**

akretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akretz

Last wooter to woot: akretz

76 Bottles -- 3 tacky woot -- 2 seachimps -- CHEESE!!!!!

Avg Bottle = $16.59

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
Siress wrote:I've never been more upset to live in GA. Between this and the gas shortage, I might loose my grip on sanity.

Somehow GA appeared(wasn't earlier) on the ship to states... so I ordered last night.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
jwhite6114 wrote:And just what does that sound like? (so I can get it right when I say it)

The Swedish Chef? "Popcorn poppin' in da 3-D!!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant