thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

Loweeel just missed his bus, next one isn't for 4 hours. He sends his regrets.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
thatguy314 wrote:Loweeel just missed his bus, next one isn't for 4 hours. He sends his regrets.

Well that stinks. We'll definitely miss having him....and his wine.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Would you like me to bring the wine glasses for everyone?
Also, do you need some raffle tickets?
Or anything else?

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Awesome, Cesare! Is the cocoa you have unsweetened?

I'm sad Loweel can't make it.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

HitAnyKey42

Also, does anyone want to buy any of my extra bottles of the Vampire wine or any of the Twisted Oak River of Skulls which I had bought? The cost to me were $13.78 for the Chataeu du Vampire, $12.47 for the Syrah, and $32.96 for the River of Skulls.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
thatguy314 wrote:Loweeel just missed his bus, next one isn't for 4 hours. He sends his regrets.

And I'm feeling like absolute ass, too. If it were just one or the other, I'd try to hop in my car or tough it out, but "you can see I'm in no shape for driving/And anyway, I've got no place to go."

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
Krugsters wrote:Would you like me to bring the wine glasses for everyone?
Also, do you need some raffle tickets?
Or anything else?

Raffle tickets and the glasses would be helpful. We may need name tags again since there are some newbies this time around?

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

kttest

Loweeel wrote:And I'm feeling like absolute ass, too. If it were just one or the other, I'd try to hop in my car or tough it out, but "you can see I'm in no shape for driving/And anyway, I've got no place to go."

Oh no!

- Krista

kttest

fairnymph wrote:Awesome, Cesare! Is the cocoa you have unsweetened?

I'm sad Loweel can't make it.

Yes the cocoa is unsweetened.

- Krista

kttest

HitAnyKey42 wrote:

That will do!

- Krista

HitAnyKey42

kttest wrote:That will do!

Heh, yah. As soon as I googled and saw that pic come up on the first-page it was a absolute must use for a post.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

HAK: I'll take both Vampire Vineyards bottles; I LOVE vampires so I was upset to miss out on that offering, as I would save the empty bottles, too. So if you get this in time please bring them! Thanks. :D

kttest: Oh, excellent. I won't bring my giant tub of cocoa then - thanks again.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

L: Sorry you're not feeling well and you can't make it. Was looking forward to hanging with you and having you try some cool Italian wines . I'll fill in the Zardini for you, everyone needs to try that.

Hak: Bring all the wine you want to sell. You're driving so it's no big deal. I also have some wine to sell, some Ty Caton and etc.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Loweeel

Cesare wrote:L: Sorry you're not feeling well and you can't make it. Was looking forward to hanging with you and having you try some cool Italian wines . I'll fill in the Zardini for you, everyone needs to try that.

Hak: Bring all the wine you want to sell. You're driving so it's no big deal. I also have some wine to sell, some Ty Caton and etc.

Cesare, I will be up during the week before thanksgiving, and I'll definitely be there -- and leave on Friday night -- for 12/13. We'll make it work.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare
Loweeel wrote:Cesare, I will be up during the week before thanksgiving, and I'll definitely be there -- and leave on Friday night -- for 12/13. We'll make it work.

Awesome. I'm around, come by and we'll try something cool. Or maybe we could hang in the city like at the terroir wine bar.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Krugsters

kttest wrote:Raffle tickets and the glasses would be helpful. We may need name tags again since there are some newbies this time around?

All packed.
And like the organized nut I am I tied different colored ribbons to the wine glass stems to tell them apart.
I am also bringing the tart cherry spread and the fig spread for the cheeses. And some quince.

kttest

Krugsters wrote:All packed.
And like the organized nut I am I tied different colored ribbons to the wine glass stems to tell them apart.
I am also bringing the tart cherry spread and the fig spread for the cheeses. And some quince.

Sounds great! How many glasses is it again?

- Krista

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Hey all, Might be there closer to 4. I neglected to realize that my parents were coming in for lunch at 1.

signed.

synchrodan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages synchrodan
Loweeel wrote:And I'm feeling like absolute ass, too. If it were just one or the other, I'd try to hop in my car or tough it out, but "you can see I'm in no shape for driving/And anyway, I've got no place to go."

Ahhh that's rough man. I can bring that book ("FDR's Folly") to the December tasting if you'll be there.

Loweeel

synchrodan wrote:Ahhh that's rough man. I can bring that book ("FDR's Folly") to the December tasting if you'll be there.

I won't miss it. And like I told Cesare, I'll be around the week before thanksgiving. Want to host a mini-gathering monday night before thanksgiving? I'll bring all the wine, as penance.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Hey there! How's it going??? I'm looking forward to hearing all about these wines! I've got a PG open this evening...it's the closest I can do to visiting with you all!

Krugsters

cjsiege wrote:Hey there! How's it going??? I'm looking forward to hearing all about these wines! I've got a PG open this evening...it's the closest I can do to visiting with you all!

Ovaltina, my goat...what a great tasting! The best food, great wines and even better company.
I'm sorry Speedo, fdiaz and Loweeel missed this one.

Thank you Cesare & Kttest for being such great hosts. I can't believe it was 10:15 when we left...the time passed so quickly!

Thanks to everyone for bringing such wonderful wines.

kttest

cjsiege wrote:Hey there! How's it going??? I'm looking forward to hearing all about these wines! I've got a PG open this evening...it's the closest I can do to visiting with you all!

We had another GREAT tasting, had a lot of really good wines, we were able to get a good variety all across Italy. Thanks to Cesare for giving a quick intro to each wine and talking to where the wine came from (we had visuals and everything).

Thanks to all the great wooters for joining us and bringing wonderful wine, delicious food and fabulous company. A couple of shout-outs to synchrodan for the yummy lasagna and fairnymph for the "just like in Italy" Tiramisu!

Just a few house keeping notes regarding lost and found items:
A notepad in a plastic bag (HAK I think this belongs to you)
A brown cap that was left on top of the coat rack.
Dan, you forgot your spatula, we can bring it to the next tasting.

All in all a great evening!

P.S. Congrats to krugsters for winning the door prize...you're the luckiest raffler I've ever known!

- Krista

Loweeel

Krugsters wrote:Ovaltina, my goat...what a great tasting! The best food, great wines and even better company.
I'm sorry Speedo, fdiaz and Loweeel missed this one.

Thank you Cesare & Kttest for being such great hosts. I can't believe it was 10:15 when we left...the time passed so quickly!

Thanks to everyone for bringing such wonderful wines.

Missing the bus AND missing awesome company AND fantastic wine AND aeing sick AND feeling like Manos, the Hands of Fate AND spending 10 hours at work finishing up an opinion AND 2 hours editing it at home AND not getting to go see the Giants tomorrow = one really groovy day.

I don't think I should go into work on monday. You know, don't want to get those coworkers sick.

*grumblecakes*

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

kttest

Loweeel wrote:Missing the bus AND missing awesome company AND fantastic wine AND aeing sick AND feeling like Manos, the Hands of Fate AND spending 10 hours at work finishing up an opinion AND 2 hours editing it at home AND not getting to go see the Giants tomorrow = one really groovy day.

I don't think I should go into work on monday. You know, don't want to get those coworkers sick.

*grumblecakes*

poor Loweeel, sorry you missed it and you're not feeling well...don't worry, the NY tastings on are a roll, you'll have to join us for another!

You should totally stay in on Monday

- Krista

HitAnyKey42

For those of you who tend to worry about those of us who drive home after the tasting, especially such as myself who has to drive over an hour to do so, just wanted to let ya'll know I just made it home safe and sound. Though driving for an hour through torrential downpour in the dark makes for a really sucky drive.
I'm also glad I keep a NYC/Queens map in the car, cuz after I dropped fairnymph off at the subway stop I think I missed the turn I should have taken to find the GCP and ended up having to pull off to the side of the road a couple times to doublecheck my location on the map to find the best route to pick it up again. I at least didn't have to make any U-Turns.

As for the tasting, it was most definitely yet another truly great tasting and I had a wonderful time with you all as always, and meeting the few newcomers. Fairnymph you need to put off moving to NC for a few more months so you can attend a few more tastings with us!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

kttest wrote:Thanks to all the great wooters for joining us and bringing wonderful wine, delicious food and fabulous company. A couple of shout-outs to synchrodan for the yummy lasagna and fairnymph for the "just like in Italy" Tiramisu!

Just a few house keeping notes regarding lost and found items:
A notepad in a plastic bag (HAK I think this belongs to you)

I wholeheartedly agree about the lasagna and tiramisu. Those were two of the best dishes of each I think I've ever had. Quite a unique and tasty recipe for the lasagna, and the tiramisu was just heavenly!

Yes, that's my notepad which as usual didn't get any notes written down in it. L-O-L.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kttest

delete

- Krista

kttest

HitAnyKey42 wrote:For those of you who tend to worry about those of us who drive home after the tasting, especially such as myself who has to drive over an hour to do so, just wanted to let ya'll know I just made it home safe and sound. Though driving for an hour through torrential downpour in the dark makes for a really sucky drive.
I'm also glad I keep a NYC/Queens map in the car, cuz after I dropped fairnymph off at the subway stop I think I missed the turn I should have taken to find the GCP and ended up having to pull off to the side of the road a couple times to doublecheck my location on the map to find the best route to pick it up again. I at least didn't have to make any U-Turns.

As for the tasting, it was most definitely yet another truly great tasting and I had a wonderful time with you all as always, and meeting the few newcomers. Fairnymph you need to put off moving to NC for a few more months so you can attend a few more tastings with us!

Oh no! Well at least you found your way and got home OK.

- Krista

kttest

Here are some theme options for upcoming tastings:

Country Specific Themes:
Greece
France
Portugal

- Krista

Loweeel

kttest wrote:Here are some theme options for upcoming tastings:

Country Specific Themes:
Greece
France
Portugal

Israel!

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

canonizer

I wouldn't mind doing a grape specific tasting. or maybe two grapes, one red one white.

signed.

kttest

Loweeel wrote:Israel!

Are you volunteering to be our Israeli wine expert???

- Krista

kttest

A couple of things I forgot to mention:

Another thanks to Cesare's mom, Rita, for the delicious canneloni and for transporting Zio Carmine's wine back from Molise!

Also thanks to WD & WF for the yummy Gouda, it seemed to be a big hit, since the only thing left was the rind!

- Krista

Krugsters

kttest wrote:Here are some theme options for upcoming tastings:

Country Specific Themes:
Greece
France
Portugal

IMHO, I think we'd need to break France up into at least 4 to 5 different tastings. It's just too massive.

Loweeel

kttest wrote:Are you volunteering to be our Israeli wine expert???

Hell yeah. NYC is the best place to do it, too, because of the kosher wine stores, and IsraeliWineDirect delivers to NY. Springtime might be better, though, because the Vitkin Carignane and PS will be available then too.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

canonizer

Loweeel wrote:Hell yeah. NYC is the best place to do it, too, because of the kosher wine stores, and IsraeliWineDirect delivers to NY. Springtime might be better, though, because the Vitkin Carignane and PS will be available then too.

Yep, places get flush with israeli wine during passover.

signed.

kttest

Krugsters wrote:IMHO, I think we'd need to break France up into at least 4 to 5 different tastings. It's just too massive.

Good point, any thoughts on what those categories could be? Maybe 1 could be after the January tasting and then something else and then another France, to break it up a bit?

Loweeel wrote:Hell yeah. NYC is the best place to do it, too, because of the kosher wine stores, and IsraeliWineDirect delivers to NY. Springtime might be better, though, because the Vitkin Carignane and PS will be available then too.

Sounds find by me!

- Krista

kttest

We just enjoyed a late lunch finishing up the rose from Thatgirl and afranke's bruschetta, it was lovely. Afranke, glad you let me keep those leftovers, thanks again!

- Krista

synchrodan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages synchrodan
kttest wrote:Dan, you forgot your spatula, we can bring it to the next tasting.

Thanks... yeah that would be great. We realized we forgot it on the train! Glad to hear people liked the lasagna. Thanks for everyone for the contributions. We had a great time.