drifter3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drifter3

Thanks for your interest in our Cab Sauv. Appreciate all of the feedback as well. This wine has aged to where it can be enjoyed now, for the upcoming holidays, or for up to 5 yrs as a gentle sipper. It is a versatile style, in that it has appeal to serious Cab Fan while friendly to those who might usually be scared off by the over the top tannic red.

Had fun meeting some of you on your RPM tour this last summer.
Have a great Saturday.
WM TC

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007
drifter3 wrote:Thanks for your interest in our Cab Sauv. Appreciate all of the feedback as well. This wine has aged to where it can be enjoyed now, for the upcoming holidays, or for up to 5 yrs as a gentle sipper. It is a versatile style, in that it has appeal to serious Cab Fan while friendly to those who might usually be scared off by the over the top tannic red.

Had fun meeting some of you on your RPM tour this last summer.
Have a great Saturday.
WM TC

Sold out already after you logged in! Must be a nice feeling. Can't wait to try it.

Can you tell us a little more of the vineyard this came from? Thanks!

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Our 2006 Napa Cabernet is still in barrel, most of the rest of the 2006's have been bottled. We always tell you the next vintage is the best vintage we've ever made until we sell out. Then by then the next vintage after that is the best. The 2006 Vintage is a fatter-fruit forward vintage than the 2005. More like the 2004. For us 2005 had lower pH's and are leaner wines than both the 2004 and 2006. The 2005's will last the longest, but the 2006 will give more enjoyment early. Of the three the 2006 is the one with the most jammyness with alcohols that are little higher. A jummy vintage to enjoy with a cigar.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jrbw3 wrote:I see this (too much wine) comment a lot and finally I am forced to what is evidently the obvious conclusion(s). I am either much more poverty stricken than most or (more likely) I drink far too much wine. I cannot imagine having too much wine.

And it's sold out .... just glad I got my two sets ordered early.

I think the too much wine isn't about the wine or drinking it, but rather having space to store it at the appropriate tempurature (or space period). You don't want to buy wine and store it for long periods at too high of a temp. It can prematurely age the wine.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommyrants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommyrants

So...I'm labratted for the first time and the offering sells out!

I'll share anyway.

1. What a gorgeous color. Ruby/Garnet read.
2. Not remmotely too hot and alchoholly - as this was without breathing.
3. Rich cab flavor, but not huge. This would pair well with a mild filet but would stand up to a beefy prime rib as well.

We went out to dinner last night and had ordered a Rodney Strong. Much more expensive. Not nearly as good.

Sorry I didn't get this in before the sell out. This wine sells itself. Very glad I got 3. This is great for drinking and would also make a great gift for a wine lover.

drifter3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drifter3
jaykid007 wrote:Sold out already after you logged in! Must be a nice feeling. Can't wait to try it.

Can you tell us a little more of the vineyard this came from? Thanks!

From the estate vineyard. Cherry picked eastern portion of blk for this blend, had most intense flavor & balanced vigor. Perched slightly off valley floor on well drained rocky bench. On leeward side of Sonoma Mtn, nice banana belt spot for this variety to thrive in.

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
drifter3 wrote:From the estate vineyard. Cherry picked eastern portion of blk for this blend, had most intense flavor & balanced vigor. Perched slightly off valley floor on well drained rocky bench. On leeward side of Sonoma Mtn, nice banana belt spot for this variety to thrive in.

Please try to make this available for GA residents in the near future. Per the LabRat reviews on all(LV past and present) offerings, LV seems like the place to try/buy from. I'd been in for at least 1 order... probably more- if GA was in the ship picture.
~not that it matters- finishing of a Wellington Noir De Noirs from recent... nice~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

kramerd

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kramerd
psmurf wrote:Please try to make this available for GA residents in the near future. Per the LabRat reviews on all(LV past and present) offerings, LV seems like the place to try/buy from. I'd been in for at least 1 order... probably more- if GA was in the ship picture.
~not that it matters- finishing of a Wellington Noir De Noirs from recent... nice~

The problem with Georgia is that shipped wine must have age verification upon arrival. Although June 1 had a change in the law so that residents can have up to 12 cases delivered from out of state wineries (previously 5 cases and in state only), the vast majority of wineries have not caught on to this and refuse to ship directly to the consumer.

The easiest method I have found is to have the winery ship directly to your favorite liquor store and pony up the distribution fee. I have found in Atlanta that most places that do not deal exclusively in wine will mark up about 10-15% on the bottle cost and add in the shipping fee, so a $30 bottle becomes a $40 bottle. If you get to know your liquor store owners, they may reduce or remove the standard ordering charge for you (YMMV).

dixbry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dixbry

WD...How about a clue for the next offering? Please...

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
dixbry wrote:WD...How about a clue for the next offering? Please...

<tap> <tap> -- is this thing on?

CT | | | | | |

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
jwhite6114 wrote:<tap> <tap> -- is this thing on?

That Fresno State game yesterday must STILL be in overtime. ;)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
smartheart wrote:That Fresno State game yesterday must STILL be in overtime. ;)

don't forget the golf,,,,,actually, our weather is gorgeous today and I've got him working on some "honey-do's".

jwhite6114

winefarm wrote:don't forget the golf,,,,,actually, our weather is gorgeous today and I've got him working on some "honey-do's".

Honeydew .... that sounds like a white wine, at least.

CT | | | | | |

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jwhite6114 wrote:<tap> <tap> -- is this thing on?

Hmmm... a microphone, also called a mike. I see five wineries in California that are "Michael something".

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Ok, it's getting that time of year. I've got to replenish my Poizin skull and crossbones for the coming holiday. Opened one of the last ones last week to absolutely rave reviews.

Halloween calls! Poizin, Poizin Poizin!

(so that it gets here in time to seasonally share!!!!!!!!)

Edit: To further get into the mood:
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MONTRESOR!" "Yes," I said, "for the love of God!"
In pace requiescat.
Oops, wrong spirits.

winefarm

First clue: Short lived emperor.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
winefarm wrote:First clue: Short lived emperor.

I am going with {url=http://www.titusvineyards.com/titus/index.jsp]Titus Vineyards[/url]. My knowledge of ancient history is limited, but Titus fits short lived, and the winery is in St. Helena, so right area.

Nice set of reds. PS, CS, Cab Franc, Merlot and Zin are all in a price range that would make a good woot.

(And I gotta get something right today.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
polarbear22 wrote:I am going with Titus Vineyards. My knowledge of ancient history is limited, but Titus fits short lived, and the winery is in St. Helena, so right area.

Nice set of reds. PS, CS, Cab Franc, Merlot and Zin are all in a price range that would make a good woot.

That fits. Titus was Roman Emperor from 79-81 AD, which is longer than most of the so-called Barracks Emperors, and shorter than basically everyone else.

Edit: linkified. And after looking at their wine, I am not so sure. Most of their wines are retailing at prices that are generally too high for w.w, barring WD getting a ridiculous discount like he has done so many times in the past.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
thrawn1020 wrote:That fits. Titus was Roman Emperor from 79-81 AD, which is longer than most of the so-called Barracks Emperors, and shorter than basically everyone else.

Well, there was always Petronius Maximus, emperor for 77 days (17 March 455 - 22 May 455).

But I am not wise enough in the ways of wine to relate Petronius Maximus to anything logical. Feel free to build on this.

Prosper graphically described Maximus' end:
"For in his second month of rule, the approach of king Gaiseric from Africa was announced, and when many panicked crowds fled from the city, when he himself also fearfully desired to depart, having given everyone the liberty to flee, he was butchered by the imperial slaves on his seventy-seventh day of rule [22 May 455]. His dismembered body was cast into the Tiber, and he did not have a tomb."

jwhite6114

What about just "short"?

Nothing immediate on "Napoleon Bonaparte winery" ... other short emperors?

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
thrawn1020 wrote:That fits. Titus was Roman Emperor from 79-81 AD, which is longer than most of the so-called Barracks Emperors, and shorter than basically everyone else.

Edit: linkified. And after looking at their wine, I am not so sure. Most of their wines are retailing at prices that are generally too high for w.w, barring WD getting a ridiculous discount like he has done so many times in the past.

I was thinking that $30-$35, with a 20% discount or so, you can get a two pack into the $45-50 range. And I was too lazy to search past the first thing that fit.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
tomatillo wrote:Well, there was always Petronius Maximus, emperor for 77 days (17 March 455 - 22 May 455).

But I am not wise enough in the ways of wine to relate Petronius Maximus to anything logical. Feel free to build on this.

Prosper graphically described Maximus' end:
"For in his second month of rule, the approach of king Gaiseric from Africa was announced, and when many panicked crowds fled from the city, when he himself also fearfully desired to depart, having given everyone the liberty to flee, he was butchered by the imperial slaves on his seventy-seventh day of rule [22 May 455]. His dismembered body was cast into the Tiber, and he did not have a tomb."

Perhaps another Madison Cellars offering?

Not Maximus, of course. The new name?

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3

C'mon folks. It's obviously C. Nymphidius Sabinus, and therefore the world famous Sabinus Vineyard on the Hill.

WD, let's make this a little tougher.

Oh. Wait.

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3
jrbw3 wrote:C'mon folks. It's obviously C. Nymphidius Sabinus, and therefore the world famous Sabinus Vineyard on the Hill.

WD, let's make this a little tougher.

Oh. Wait.

Maximus 2004 is still available. I'm just saying.

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 238 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
polarbear22 wrote:I am going with {url=http://www.titusvineyards.com/titus/index.jsp]Titus Vineyards[/url]. My knowledge of ancient history is limited, but Titus fits short lived, and the winery is in St. Helena, so right area.

Titus would be a real coup. Intensely flavorful, somewhat tannic Zin & Cab, and maybe the best Cali Cab Franc I've ever had. I thought the honey do ref might have hinted at another mead offering, but what do I know?

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

Hahn Winery in honor of Emperor Shang of Han.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
kttest wrote:Hahn Winery in honor of Emperor Shang of Han.

BRAVO! Like you, my thoughts went farther afield.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
kkv123 wrote:BRAVO! Like you, my thoughts went farther afield.

Thanks! Now if only WD would chime in again.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

winefarm

SonomaBouliste wrote:Titus would be a real coup. Intensely flavorful,

Booh yah !!

WD

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

A little help for someone with a bit more vineyard knowledge.

http://library.thinkquest.org/26907/emperors/list.htm

on edit: looks like I posted too late

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

jwhite6114

winefarm wrote:Booh yah !!

WD

Is that an actual confirmation?! Have we ever had an explicit confirmation of the guess before? (before the new wine comes up for sale, that is)

Impressive PB!

CT | | | | | |

pickles1128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickles1128
jwhite6114 wrote:Is that an actual confirmation?! Have we ever had an explicit confirmation of the guess before? (before the new wine comes up for sale, that is)

Impressive PB!

TItus has a Petite Syrah. Could it be?!?

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

titus trio: cab, merlot, and their 'lot 1'?

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

And TMR and I each just so happen to have a bottle of the Titus PS ... :-D.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke
kttest wrote:Hahn Winery in honor of Emperor Shang of Han.

Would love more of this. I wish I'd gotten more of their last offering on here. It was around this time last year, if I recall correctly...

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
Loweeel wrote:And TMR and I each just so happen to have a bottle of the Titus PS ... :-D.

Hey L, how come you never wrote up the tasting notes on the Ursa PS samples that they sent you?

Cesare

quality posts: 1675 Private Messages Cesare
afranke wrote:Would love more of this. I wish I'd gotten more of their last offering on here. It was around this time last year, if I recall correctly...

Yes, 9/3/2007.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988

Any ideas on when I should see my wine show up? I'm trying to plan my working remotely day so I'm around for delivery :-)

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

jwhite6114

mstang1988 wrote:Any ideas on when I should see my wine show up? I'm trying to plan my working remotely day so I'm around for delivery :-)

Depends on where you are. If you're on the East Coast, I would expect about 20 days with summer shipping (10 - 14 days normally).

CT | | | | | |

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
jwhite6114 wrote:Depends on where you are. If you're on the East Coast, I would expect about 20 days with summer shipping (10 - 14 days normally).

Thanks! I'm in Austin, TX so perhaps a little less for me then.

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab