cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Sakeguy2 wrote:I understand the numbers are cranking up the scale and its time to get serious and commit for those who have not. Don't take my word for how wonderful these saké are, look at bhodilee's and other's who have shared about G and our other saké.

Click in. Time's a ticking the saké is waiting for a good home.

Meh, it's not even bouncing yet

Then again, we've seen offerings go from unbouncy to sold out overnight before...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Sakeguy2

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Sakeguy2

OK, I need to shut down for the evening and put a big glass of G in front of myself. I wasn't kidding about the dentist and oreos, she didn't like it much and so now I can not feel the entire left side of my face. Good thing I am typing and not talking. Nothing like G through a straw. Anyway I can.

グッドナイト友達とします。アナザーデイはまだありませんしています。

Kompai!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bhodilee wrote:Prelimary Report on the Organic Junmai

Junmai First Impressions: More to follow, this is just a first sip to see what I should have with dinner.

First off, the Junmai has a little cloudy appearance in the glass. This isn't to say it's milky, but it's not perfectly clear either. I like it. The nose is Sake all the way, little citrusy note but I'm getting mostly rice. Flavor is perfectly balanced, seriously where's the alcohol? Wherever it is, it is NOT on the palate. This isn't your jet fuel type sake. Flavor wise, it's citrusy with a coconut milk back. The coconut flavor is kinda there but not in an overpowering way. By the way I'm drinking this maybe around 68 degrees. Rest of the bottle is in the Fridge. The finish is long and smooth, reminds me A LOT of rice pudding if that makes sense. So far this is a great understated, smooth Sake. I think I'll go with something Mild for dinner as I dont' think it's big enough for spicy dishes. Vietnamese place I frequent is closed on Tuesday nights so dinner is up in the air. I'm thinking Chinese since there are many places to choose from. I dunno though. Back later as a reply and a part two. So far I'm very happy to have been in for three, they're not gonna last long.

Labrat Report Organic Junmai Ginjo (or is ig Ginjo Junmai?)
I take back my Coconut assessment, it's closer to slightly underripe banana. Very nice flavor and the finish is still rice pudding with banana. Dinner was Lemon Chicken and it paired ok, the Sake was better than the food so I didn't eat it all. I was going to pair it with Pork and Eggrolls with fish sauce and that would have been gold, but the place was closed. Anyway, this is a mild Sake so mild foods are good with it. The Lemon Chicken was too Citrusy. More to come after I give my daughter a bath.

Edit before final report: I think this Sake would work great in place of coconut rum anywhere that rum is called for. In fact, had I the skill (I'm looking at you MM, you have the skills) I would make a Sajito with this (I trademarked the male name) I think it would be great in place of rum in a Mojito. Third glass coming up now, fourth glass before I post again. End of coherence...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Sakeguy2 wrote:The coconut is very subtle, its more a note than a dominant characteristic. There is probably more of a banana tone than coconut. Coconut is a note that I get out of many Nigoris. Banana on the other hand takes our secret yeast and a whole lot of attention. Mmmmmmm.

Just think of the flavor notes as suggestions of what others find in the saké. Like wine tasting notes. You may taste it and get more anise, cream or berries.

Yeah, what he said, bananas. I seriously didn't read this prior to replying to my post. Good call SakeGuy

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

fredv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv

I know this has been said, but I am so glad to see the Sake offer again. I loved the flavored ones from the last order and have ordered them since from Sake One directly since I can't find most of them locally. Be sure to go to their website and sign up for their newsletter as it sometimes contains special offers. That is how I was able to order the G without paying huge shipping. That is also why I am in for 3 this time, because the G was amazing. If you have had Sake you didn't like, you should try this. It is smooth and mellow, no jet fuel here. If you haven't tried Sake, this is a great way to start.

npickett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npickett
bhodilee wrote:Yeah, what he said, bananas. I seriously didn't read this prior to replying to my post. Good call SakeGuy

G Joy sake labrat reporting in. Grabbed some sushi for dinner and "twisted" this one open. First assessment "hrmmm what is that smell?". My eight year old daughter took a sniff and said "bananas!" then it clicked for me too. Smell of banana without the overt sweetness. Very smooth, but I do notice the alcohol. I'm quite enjoying it. Thank you. I'll try to get some more opinions soon.

-Nancy

elitemrp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elitemrp

Ovaltina, my goat alcohol can be shipped to RI now??!?!?!?!?!??!?1/!?!??!/1/1//1r/w3/ff

::orders 3::

my woot stats as of 07-25-2013:
www.woot : 65 orders (114 items) | wine.woot : 6 orders (10 items)
shirt.woot : 7 orders (8 items) | sellout.woot :11 orders (22 items)
home.woot : 13 orders (21 items) | tech woot : 2 (2 items)
tools.woot : 3 (5 items)
total woots : 107 orders (182 total items)

bhodilee

bhodilee wrote:Prelimary Report on the Organic Junmai

Junmai First Impressions: More to follow, this is just a first sip to see what I should have with dinner.

First off, the Junmai has a little cloudy appearance in the glass. This isn't to say it's milky, but it's not perfectly clear either. I like it. The nose is Sake all the way, little citrusy note but I'm getting mostly rice. Flavor is perfectly balanced, seriously where's the alcohol? Wherever it is, it is NOT on the palate. This isn't your jet fuel type sake. Flavor wise, it's citrusy with a coconut milk back. The coconut flavor is kinda there but not in an overpowering way. By the way I'm drinking this maybe around 68 degrees. Rest of the bottle is in the Fridge. The finish is long and smooth, reminds me A LOT of rice pudding if that makes sense. So far this is a great understated, smooth Sake. I think I'll go with something Mild for dinner as I dont' think it's big enough for spicy dishes. Vietnamese place I frequent is closed on Tuesday nights so dinner is up in the air. I'm thinking Chinese since there are many places to choose from. I dunno though. Back later as a reply and a part two. So far I'm very happy to have been in for three, they're not gonna last long.

bhodilee wrote:Labrat Report Organic Junmai Ginjo (or is ig Ginjo Junmai?)
I take back my Coconut assessment, it's closer to slightly underripe banana. Very nice flavor and the finish is still rice pudding with banana. Dinner was Lemon Chicken and it paired ok, the Sake was better than the food so I didn't eat it all. I was going to pair it with Pork and Eggrolls with fish sauce and that would have been gold, but the place was closed. Anyway, this is a mild Sake so mild foods are good with it. The Lemon Chicken was too Citrusy. More to come after I give my daughter a bath.

Edit before final report: I think this Sake would work great in place of coconut rum anywhere that rum is called for. In fact, had I the skill (I'm looking at you MM, you have the skills) I would make a Sajito with this (I trademarked the male name) I think it would be great in place of rum in a Mojito. Third glass coming up now, fourth glass before I post again. End of coherence...

Labrat Final Report Organic Junmai Ginjo
Gonna stop at Glass 3, I've got a long day tomorrow.
To recap, this is an exceptionally smooth Sake, Green Banana, Citrus, Nagging Wife ( no wait, that's my life right now, has nothing to do with the Sake). Okay, where were we, Green Banana, Citrus, long smooth finish of Banana Rice Pudding, no discernable Alcohol. Just a really nice Sake. Super Clean taste, like if a mountain stream were made of Sake. If you don't like Sake you may like this, if you do like Sake, you'll love this. It was quite good and I can't wait to have a tasting party (drunkfest) with the other three bottles heading my way. Well done SakeOne!

Addendum: The last sip was room temp, which is about 80 today and there was very noticeable alcohol at that temp. With it chilled though the alcohol wasn't at all noticeable. So drink this chilled and if it warms up stick the glass in the fridge for five minutes.

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
cheron98 wrote:Meh, it's not even bouncing yet

Then again, we've seen offerings go from unbouncy to sold out overnight before...

Why? Because GA isn't on the "ship to" list(quite a few posts regarding that).
This offer might have been sold out by now???
's back atcha

ps, edit... I would have definitely been on this one.
~just a smile~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

cheron98

npickett wrote:G Joy sake labrat reporting in.

Packed! So are you, bowtie

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Packed! So are you, bowtie

It's like music to my ears. I do have one final thing, the last sip was room temp, which is about 80 today and there was very noticeable alcohol at that temp. With it chilled though the alcohol wasn't at all noticeable. So drink this chilled and if it warms up stick the glass in the fridge for five minutes. I'll go add an addendum to my labrat post if you want to add this last little smidge to it.

chefjef

quality posts: 10 Private Messages chefjef

gonna have to dust off my copy of Akira for this i think.

I still have 4 bottles of Humbug resting gently in my cellar =)

Aflaedge

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Aflaedge

Labrat Report on the Organic Nigori Junmai Ginjo

The results are in from the Nigori tasting and asian BBQ party. The uncapped, freshly shaken bottle brought forth fresh cut bananas. A mellow fragrance that gives a whiff of things to come but by no means fills the room. Dinner, comprised of Teryaki chicken, shrimp, onion and green pepper kabobs with coconut cous-cous, proved to be a decent precursor despite lacking the spiciness of recommended pairings. After pouring an ochoko for each of the three deputized labrats, and one for myself, I asked them to take a sip and write their first impressions.

In no particular order the consensus found the Nigori quite fragrant, slightly sweet and full of presence. The banana carries through to the end but only as a soft layer and not like a milk shake held hostage by artificial flavor. The fullness brought on by the sediment prolongs the aftertaste by providing a texture on the tongue. The alcohol sneaks in and out quickly leaving one to wonder if it was even there in the first place. This quiet impact gave me confidence to pour another cup. Two rounds later the guests dispersed and I was left to finish the tasting and validate the chocolate pairing.

If ever there was a understudy to Ambrosia and Nectar it would be Chocolate and SakeOne Nigori. I couldn't agree more with Sakeguy2 on this point. While sweet or semi-sweet would work, I recommend a dark chocolate. That way the bitter and sweet flavors wage a delicious war for control of your taste buds. Although I haven't found one yet, this combination should surely have its own mixed drink if a worthy chocolate liquor could be found. During this second tasting I would also like to note that the coconut flavor did not appear as previously advertised. I was afraid that the dinner might have drowned it out initially, but almost two hours later and still nothing.

With two thirds of the bottle gone, I've called it quits for the evening. In summary, the banana fragrance and smooth finish are two excellent qualities to look forward to for this and future offerings. Pair with chocolate after dinner for best results, and always, always, always serve cold. Konpai!

Wines this wooter has wooted
  • Vino Noceto Sangiovese & Zin 3+1 (QTY 1)
  • Sierra Club Chardonnay Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Parker Station Critter Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Jepson Winery Mendocino Mix (QTY 1)
  • Vina Robles Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Wine 0' Elvis (QTY 1)
  • SakeOne Sake Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Woot Cellars Humbug Crate w/shirt (QTY 1)
  • Mandolina Woot-off 4 Pack (QTY 1)
  • SakeOne Sake Sampler Trio (QTY 1)

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Aflaedge wrote: Labrat Report on the Organic Nigori Junmai Ginjo

The results are in from the Nigori tasting and asian BBQ party. The uncapped, freshly shaken bottle brought forth fresh cut bananas. A mellow fragrance that gives a whiff of things to come but by no means fills the room. Dinner, comprised of Teryaki chicken, shrimp, onion and green pepper kabobs with coconut cous-cous, proved to be a decent precursor despite lacking the spiciness of recommended pairings. After pouring an ochoko for each of the three deputized labrats, and one for myself, I asked them to take a sip and write their first impressions.

In no particular order the consensus found the Nigori quite fragrant, slightly sweet and full of presence. The banana carries through to the end but only as a soft layer and not like a milk shake held hostage by artificial flavor. The fullness brought on by the sediment prolongs the aftertaste by providing a texture on the tongue. The alcohol sneaks in and out quickly leaving one to wonder if it was even there in the first place. This quiet impact gave me confidence to pour another cup. Two rounds later the guests dispersed and I was left to finish the tasting and validate the chocolate pairing.

If ever there was a understudy to Ambrosia and Nectar it would be Chocolate and SakeOne Nigori. I couldn't agree more with Sakeguy2 on this point. While sweet or semi-sweet would work, I recommend a dark chocolate. That way the bitter and sweet flavors wage a delicious war for control of your taste buds. Although I haven't found one yet, this combination should surely have its own mixed drink if a worthy chocolate liquor could be found. During this second tasting I would also like to note that the coconut flavor did not appear as previously advertised. I was afraid that the dinner might have drowned it out initially, but almost two hours later and still nothing.

With two thirds of the bottle gone, I've called it quits for the evening. In summary, the banana fragrance and smooth finish are two excellent qualities to look forward to for this and future offerings. Pair with chocolate after dinner for best results, and always, always, always serve cold. Konpai!

Well done labrats !

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Hmm, all this talk of mixed drinks is making me wish I was in for two. Mojito with Ginjo Junmai sake and Zaya rum? Some type of concoction with Nigori sake, Godiva liqueur and Bailey's? Nice job of making me thirsty labrats. Now ... time to have a talk with my favorite bartendress :P

CT

dweller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dweller

I don't check wine woot too often. And I rarely drink adult beverages. However, after a visit to the SakeOne sakery about a year ago... i'm hooked (in a good way). i think i've tried nearly every variety with the exception of these two organic offerings. I am still working through a second bottle of the amazing Momokawa Daiginjo. All i can say is... Mmmmm. I love the G. Goes great with anything. I still have a bottle i'm ready to polish off. So this woot is going to save me a 45 minute drive to restock. i'm in for two.

Incidentally, if any of you are ever out to the Pacific NW or are within a couple hours of driving to Sake One in Forest Grove OR it is well worth the drive for the tour. Extremely interesting brewing/fermenting process. Plus the tasting afterward allows you to sample the extensive palate of sake offerings.

Order up folks you will not be disappointed.

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

Hey, for anyone who knows, are the inserts that the wine bottles are placed in for shipping(the ones everyone gets during the wintertime) made out of cardboard? I ask so I know whether or not they can be recycled.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Aflaedge

thrawn1020 wrote:Hey, for anyone who knows, are the inserts that the wine bottles are placed in for shipping(the ones everyone gets during the wintertime) made out of cardboard? I ask so I know whether or not they can be recycled.

The labrat sample arrived with an insert that appeared to have been formed from post consumer recycled paper. I've recycled these in the past without catching any heat from the city's recycling dept.

• Wine 0' Elvis (QTY 1)

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG
Ibuprofane wrote:Crossing my fingers for Iowa by the end of the week. I have family in MI, but it would be a pain to ship it there and pick it up at Christmas.

Been keeping mine crossed too...

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
Aflaedge wrote:The labrat sample arrived with an insert that appeared to have been formed from post consumer recycled paper. I've recycled these in the past without catching any heat from the city's recycling dept.

Thanks! I wanted to check before I threw it in with everything else. They're pretty particular here.

Edit: I am awesome at spelling and grammar this morning.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Giggers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giggers

I like to occasionally heat my sake before drinking it (Not by boiling it, I place a sake carafe into heated water and let it heat up that way). Are any of these sake ones that could be heated?

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG
eric9tx wrote:Hmm... this is the first wine.woot for 51% of purchasers. Seems ridiculously high.

It's SakeGuy's salesmanship... I'd add to that 51% if they could ship it to Iowa...

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:Addendum: The last sip was room temp, which is about 80 today and there was very noticeable alcohol at that temp. With it chilled though the alcohol wasn't at all noticeable. So drink this chilled and if it warms up stick the glass in the fridge for five minutes.

Aflaedge wrote: Labrat Report on the Organic Nigori Junmai Ginjo

Done and done.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

It's Hump Day!

What's on tap for tonight?
(a) More sake, different lineup
(b) Other Booze
(c) Edible non-booze
(d) Inedible non-booze

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Aflaedge wrote:The labrat sample arrived with an insert that appeared to have been formed from post consumer recycled paper. I've recycled these in the past without catching any heat from the city's recycling dept.

Have you heard from the city's recycling dept on anything else?

I ask because I never have, and I know stuff has made it into the recycle bin that should not. I don't know how anyone could tie anything back to an individual house, anyway. So I am curious if in your town, "not hearing anything" is validation that your stuff was OK to recycle, or just par for the course.

CT | | | | | |

maddprofessor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages maddprofessor
jwhite6114 wrote:Have you heard from the city's recycling dept on anything else?

I ask because I never have, and I know stuff has made it into the recycle bin that should not. I don't know how anyone could tie anything back to an individual house, anyway. So I am curious if in your town, "not hearing anything" is validation that your stuff was OK to recycle, or just par for the course.

I've recycled them. Here we put a bin our front and they cone pick it up and sort it and anything they deem unfit they just leave in the bin. They've taken the cardboard form thing and not left them. At least the guys picking them up think they are ok.

Ibuprofane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ibuprofane
UncleFroG wrote:It's SakeGuy's salesmanship... I'd add to that 51% if they could ship it to Iowa...

I just added to the 51%. It helps to have contacts out of Iowa.

IN-4-2

Aflaedge

jwhite6114 wrote:Have you heard from the city's recycling dept on anything else?

Well, growing up the recycling collection guys were pretty picky and would leave stuff on the curb if it was obviously not recyclable. Now it seems like the city will occasionally put out a public service announcement about what happens to the unwanted stuff and how it costs taxpayers if you don't pay attention. I think they are still picky about yard clippings but otherwise I never hear from them directly.

• Wine 0' Elvis (QTY 1)

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

So....I took one for the team and went to BevMo! and bought a bottle of the G Joy Saké.

I got home, stuck it in the fridge for an hour and decided it was time to try it out. The black ceramic bottle is a beautiful design, first off...wow! I broke the plastic seal, unscrewed it and took a huge whiff straight from it....talk about deceptive....the aroma was mellow...subtle hints of honeydew and apple with a slight contrast of rubbing alcohol, but, not in a bad way. I poured it into a Spiegelau Authentis White Wine Glass...it looked distinctly like a Sauv Blanc...swirled it around a bit..huge legs, rightly so, due to its 18% ABV.

Took another sniff, same as before, but, the alcohol was a bit more prominent...took a swig..weird! Its clear but, has the creamy flavor of a melon and asian pear..swallowing brings out some spice that lingers quite longer than regular red wine. My dinner pairing just happened to be some tomato rice and jerk chicken that ended up being well suited for the sake.

This being my first experience with higher quality Ginjo Sake, I was pleasantly happy with it. My wife, on the other hand, could barely get a swig down..then she did the "eechhhh"! that you get from cough medicine..she's solely a red drinker, its fine.

After dinner, I decided to have some fun with the Sake and try mixing it with different juices that were in my fridge..

Cranberry - nice!! The tangy cranberries did well to counteract the bitter alcohol flavor...my wife even said she could handle that after a few glasses of wine..

Passionfruit - meh...turned it into a cloudy, murky yellow mess..it was a potent wine cooler, and, I'm not a wine cooler fella, so this would be better suited for someone fruitier.

Acai/Blueberry - the best! I could have served this to the kids and they wouldn't know otherwise...but, I wouldn't...really..

I had a V8, but, I decided to pass on that for the evening..

Now, to get down to the price value..This is a good price, no doubt...my local BevMo! had this and four other in the Momokawa family and this and two others would have ran me roughly $4 more than the woot offering after shipping. If you can't find this stuff local, buy this one now! I'm really glad to see I can get it locally when my four bottles run out.

Thanks, SakeGuy!! I feel that Sake may now how a permanent place in my house now.

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking

I'm in for my first woot purchase!!! I wanted to see if the Nigori will go with Brandini Toffee.

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

Oh!! I forgot to add one thing...

This bottle was just on the shelf with the other wines..so, it was room temp..an hour in the fridge made the ceramic bottle cold, but, not the Sake very much...I took half an ice cube and dropped it in ...wow, that was neat to watch dissolve...seeing the water trying to mix with the clear 18% ABV Sake was a treat in itself..try it!

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jkwest wrote:So....I took one for the team and went to BevMo! and bought a bottle of the G Joy Saké.

What a trooper.

After saying "Sake? No way!" all along (thanks to my previous experience of few and probably low-quality sakes), I'm now intrigued. And yes, SakeGuy is so good a salesman he could probably sell Lehman stock. But I'm not intrigued enough to jump in and buy three bottles - I may have to find some G Joy at a retail shop and do my own test. If it tastes as good to me as it seems to taste to many other wooters, I'll go in for the next offering.

Only a few more posts, and this sake will have more in two days than Benziger managed in a whole week. Of course, half of them are from SakeGuy, but at least we don't have a "discussion" of how the moon's gravity affects the distribution of water within a grape!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Giggers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giggers

Still wondering if any of these can be gently heated.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Giggers wrote:Still wondering if any of these can be gently heated.

Sure you can heat it, but I think that is generally for the cheaper stuff - BUT I'm not much of a Sake guy so I could be totally wrong. Didn't SakeGuy mention something about this earlier?

Edit: the hot stuff

CT

jwhite6114

coynedj wrote:What a trooper.

After saying "Sake? No way!" all along (thanks to my previous experience of few and probably low-quality sakes), I'm now intrigued. And yes, SakeGuy is so good a salesman he could probably sell Lehman stock. But I'm not intrigued enough to jump in and buy three bottles - I may have to find some G Joy at a retail shop and do my own test. If it tastes as good to me as it seems to taste to many other wooters, I'll go in for the next offering.

Only a few more posts, and this sake will have more in two days than Benziger managed in a whole week. Of course, half of them are from SakeGuy, but at least we don't have a "discussion" of how the moon's gravity affects the distribution of water within a grape!

I don't know -- it was six months between the first SakeOne offer and the seoncd one, and over a year between the last offer and this one. It may be one to TWO years before SakeGuy comes around again.

(don't mind me, this is just like poking animals at the zoo with a stick through bars, except you don't have to explain to your mom why you're not allowed to go on any more field trips this year and are not welcome back at the zoo forever)

CT | | | | | |

JPHARES

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPHARES
terrenceistheman wrote:PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?

Wisconsin was on that list before.. i just ordered some wine last month. Did a law just pass? Did I miss something?

It still is. Check again.

cheron98

bkarney wrote:Sure you can heat it, but I think that is generally for the cheaper stuff - BUT I'm not much of a Sake guy so I could be totally wrong. Didn't SakeGuy mention something about this earlier?

Edit: the hot stuff

Speaking of which, where IS SakeGuy today? He's been awful quiet ... which is probably a good thing for my wallet...

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Speaking of which, where IS SakeGuy today? He's been awful quiet ... which is probably a good thing for my wallet...

Probably at home recovering from his mix of sake and dental anesthesia. (and Oreo's)

CT | | | | | |

Sakeguy2

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Sakeguy2
Giggers wrote:Still wondering if any of these can be gently heated.

Finally got a chance to check in. Busy morning here at the Kura. Some of it may be due to this woot.

Of the three offered I think G will warm the best because it is very nice at room temp. I've never warmed it though. I tend to find drier, more crisp saké warm the best for my palate so our Momokawa SIlver would do very well as would the Murai Family Tanrei Junmai. Remember that warming will hide flavor so be careful with you temps.

Now a bit of odd saké technical notes. When asked what the ideal temp for warm saké is, a prominent saké expert replied "The temperature of your inner thigh." Interesting.

cheron98

Sakeguy2 wrote:Finally got a chance to check in.

Speak of the devil...