Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality posts:

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69

First sucker: wootvirgin69
Speed to first woot: 0m -6.-827s

Last wooter to woot: wootvirgin69

Yeah baby, time travel ROCKS!!! Go me...it's my wootday...

EDIT: must have been that first experience of PS tonight...thanks PSith!!

sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4

ok, so I was about to make my first woot wine purchase on the reds that were before this...(I figure after all the shirts, I should venture elsewhere).....my order got declined, despite plenty of available $$....is it because it switched over to this new sale?

if so, I'm really disappointed....

scuac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scuac
Speed to first woot: 0m -6.-827s

Now THAT's fast.

Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

Filling in for Corrado...

Benziger Macleod Vineyard Sauvignon - Three Pack
$39.99 + $7.00 shipping
condition: White
product: 3 06 Macleod Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc

Link to the Winery
Link to the Vineyard

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

WD, why is shipping still $7.00? It's not summer any more.

racephoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racephoto

I loved the Vina Robles SB I got last year. Any idea how these compare?

docklink

quality posts: 2 Private Messages docklink
sjgilbert4 wrote:ok, so I was about to make my first woot wine purchase on the reds that were before this...(I figure after all the shirts, I should venture elsewhere).....my order got declined, despite plenty of available $$....is it because it switched over to this new sale?

if so, I'm really disappointed....

Are you perchance in one of the non-covered states?

Bacchus had it right!!

DinkumThinkum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DinkumThinkum
speedoo wrote:WD, why is shipping still $7.00? It's not summer any more.

It's not snowing, so it is summer!

sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4
docklink wrote:Are you perchance in one of the non-covered states?

nope - I'm in California.

oh well....I didn't really need to spend that money as it is....just thought I'd give them a shot since everyone was raving about the value.

my first will come eventually. =)

pjkang7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjkang7

Hmm. just out of curiosity.. Anyone knows how often this "wine.woot" is updated? I've noticed (over last months..it's pretty obvious) that they don't get updated every day like "shirt.woot" or "woot.com

Don't know how good this Benziger is.......

Princessjolie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princessjolie
pjkang7 wrote:Hmm. just out of curiosity.. Anyone knows how often this "wine.woot" is updated? I've noticed (over last months..it's pretty obvious) that they don't get updated every day like "shirt.woot" or "woot.com

Every Monday and Thursday @ 12:00AM Central time

Edit: because I can't spell

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

In for one. Despite the fact that I love reds more than whites, I do love my Sauvignon Blancs. And given that this is a three-pack of a single bottle, there's not much sense in being in for two, now is there?

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

You ought to be able to guess by now, but click the link above for deal info and CT pricing.

CT | | | | | |

cathyk39

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cathyk39

OMIGOD, what happened to Indiana being on the list? I can swear we were on the list for the previous offerring from this same winery. Sadness, because while I consider myself to be "mostly" a red wine drinker, Sauvignon Blanc is one of my favorite whites.

"A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk."
~~ Lee Entrekin

hk94

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hk94

Nice to see the 2 offerings a week format back to wine.

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

A short review.

I'm on the fence... not the smokin' deal that Monday's offering was and I've already got more white than I'll drink in the cooler. I could be convinced though... rats? offical or unofficial

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

InHoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InHoc

Early Lab Rat report!

I, too, was awarded double rat status this week - all things considered, it's been a very good week.

We had the Sauvignon Blanc about two hours after our last taste of the Claret, and paired it with a triple-cream brie on Carr's water crackers. It sat in our wine fridge at 44 degrees for about 6 hours after arrival. The wine was crisp and refreshing; the melon came through, although we had a hard time tasting the green apple in the tasting notes. We watched the video, and absolutely picked up the pineapple and pear that George MacLeod refers to. This is not a grassy SB, nor is it too sweet. It was a great compliment to the rich cheese.

We were a little surprised that this is the first release of this wine, as it really was quite elegant. Benziger clearly produces great wine, but we were surprised that a winery's first vintage from this vineyard would be so refined.

Overall, it's been a real pleasure to sample Benziger wines and I hope to see more of their product in future wine.woot offers. I think these were w.w purchases #27 & #28 for me, and clearly among the best (although I was flamed for panning the Saki!)

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex

I wish I could. Love a good SB. But I live in Oh and there is no shipping to our great state. You have allowed me to save the cash and go out to dinner this weekend. My wife thanks you.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cathyk39 wrote:OMIGOD, what happened to Indiana being on the list? I can swear we were on the list for the previous offerring from this same winery.

A look at the map shows the state pretty black. Must not have been on the list. I hope that provides some consolation.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Some states stay ridiculously hot. Maybe others are doing a bit of subsidizing. I'm fine with this through september, still a screaming deal on shipping.

signed.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
dianefreda wrote:

Sorry about giving away the Thurs. offering in my first report-I was sent an e-mail not to say but it went to work and I was home nursing a bad bad case of poisen ivy and didn't see it until this AM. I totally agree with the other lab rat that this white is wonderful, crisp and very elegant. Given my misery (itching) this was such a treat. Thanks

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23

It's been very warm out here in Northern California over the last few weeks, with record heat (low 100s) last week. We've had a little bit of a respite this week, but temps are still in the low 80s.

I guess we just refuse to let summer go

suikagirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suikagirl1

How is it that this Benzinger isn't available in GA, yet the last Benzinger offer was? Just curious....

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
suikagirl1 wrote:How is it that this Benzinger isn't available in GA, yet the last Benzinger offer was? Just curious....

Code monkey error maybe? Give it an hour and see if they fix it now that you've alerted them.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Isn't it summer until September 22nd?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
suikagirl1 wrote:How is it that this Benzinger isn't available in GA, yet the last Benzinger offer was? Just curious....

will fix this shortly.

WD

washout9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages washout9

In for 1, light up SC!

bluebeatpete

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bluebeatpete

Love me some Sauv Blanc. In for one, unless the rats persuade me otherwise. Perhaps I will be a rat ;)

joegopher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joegopher

In again this week.

I guess I am a sucker for Benziger, or maybe my cellar needs some more whites???

56 wine.woots and counting...

DinkumThinkum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DinkumThinkum
bluebeatpete wrote:Love me some Sauv Blanc. In for one, unless the rats persuade me otherwise. Perhaps I will be a rat ;)

If I were to guess, I'd say that the appearance of the "early" rats indicates that there will not be any separate rats for this offering.

lostinlouisiana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostinlouisiana

Where is Louisiana on the states this can be sent to? Can the wine woot gods please add LA to the list as well as the other missing states? Thanks. Sounds like yummy wine - I need to stock some for the next hurricane.

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Vineyard practices for MacLeod Family Vineyards look pretty conventional. Link

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

vquasarv

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vquasarv

Always in for some sauv blanc, my fave white by a mile.... but only one cus I'm poor

"Cause once you're addicted to wine and champagne,It's gonna drive you insane,
Because the world's not so tame." -The Kinks

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

The big three, Parker, Robinson and Johnson all have great ratings for Benziger .

Low on whites, can't pass this up.

In for 1.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
Krugsters wrote:The big three, Parker, Robinson and Johnson all have great ratings for Beringer.

Low on whites, can't pass this up.

In for 1.

Just so you know, this is BenZinger, not Beringer.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

In the northern hemisphere, the meteorological start of autumn is on 1 September.
The astronomical start of autumn is on the Autumnal Equinox (22–23 September), not to mention Indian Summer.

Edit: 300 posts

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
woopdedoo wrote:Just so you know, this is BenZinger, not Beringer.

Typo on my part. Fixed.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
woopdedoo wrote:Just so you know, this is BenZinger, not Beringer.

Benziger, not BenziNger.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Imagine4vr wrote:Benziger, not BenziNger.

Oh the humanity!

CT | | | | | |