60%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

Nice work, WD, thanks!

How about some comments on the different vinegar. Can it be used in the same way as the raspberry?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Darn you, WD. Darn you to HECK.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Thank you, thank you, thank you! In for three, as gifts =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

cheron98

speedoo wrote:Nice work, WD, thanks!

How about some comments on the different vinegar. Can it be used in the same way as the raspberry?

Well let's see... where the raspberry would be good with fruity salads, this one would be good to make a vinaigrette for like an asian chicken salad. With mandarin oranges. And almond slices... mmm...

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

so NOT cool that this is the one that i did NOT get. i would much rather have the ginger key lime vinegar. if anybody in the Chicago area wants to trade vinegars, i'm certainly game.

(but, seriously WD, nice comeback after a blistering first round sell-out.)

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:so NOT cool that this is the one that i did NOT get. i would much rather have the ginger key lime vinegar. if anybody in the Chicago area wants to trade vinegars, i'm certainly game.

i picked up 3. i'll trade you one or two of them

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

Ginger-key lime vinegar was the tipping point. I sat on my hands for the first o&v offering, but ginger-key lime vinegar? I will pour it into my sparkling waters. I will splash it onto my buttered bread. Heck, I may just eat it off a spoon.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

hizzeraud

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hizzeraud

oohhhh winewoot if you were a man I'd have your grape babies. I almost cried when I saw this was sold out before I could order more for Christmas gifts. And now I'm crying tears of joy so I just ticked THREE people off my list! In August! The grocery stores are already selling halloween candy here so why can't I be ahead of the game, too?

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23

Yay!

I was so sad that the first set sold out so quickly

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

In!!!! Thanks so much for giving we the procrastinators a second chance.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
cheron98 wrote:Well let's see... where the raspberry would be good with fruity salads, this one would be good to make a vinaigrette for like an asian chicken salad. With mandarin oranges. And almond slices... mmm...

Sold. I was very intrigued by the key-lime ginger, and now I know why.

In for three, including a couple of gifts that will be perfect.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
themostrighteous wrote:so NOT cool that this is the one that i did NOT get. i would much rather have the ginger key lime vinegar. if anybody in the Chicago area wants to trade vinegars, i'm certainly game.

If no one responded quicker, I would do it. I missed out on the first, and only not ordering this because I don't like anything ginger lime. Let me know and I'll buy a set.

Thanks!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

OK, nothings really changed except the contents of one bottle, but here is an updated view of how good is this deal?

Click the link above for comparative pricing to see how woot's price stacks up against direct purchase from the manufacturer.

CT | | | | | |

carolynanh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carolynanh

I"m in! I missed the first one because i waited to talk to Dh....

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wow. A chance to redo huh? Just got my Scott Harvey and I have no money. These still sound amazing though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Chefclyde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chefclyde
speedoo wrote:Nice work, WD, thanks!

Yes it can, but it can also be used over sliced avocado and it will keep them green almost all day and not overpower your $$$$ Avocados with a lemon flavor.

This vinegar can also be used in place of Mirin with the addition of some sugar. It makes an awsome sushi.

It also makes a great marinade with the garlic oil and some thyme, and chopped shallot. I actually use this product way more than I do the Raspberry Vinegar.

Chefclyde

cheron98 wrote:Well let's see... where the raspberry would be good with fruity salads, this one would be good to make a vinaigrette for like an asian chicken salad. With mandarin oranges. And almond slices... mmm...

Also try a splash on a mango papaya salad for some brightness. Or use it with some Achoite and and S & P, a little garlic and marinate chicken for the grill.

themostrighteous

cheron98 wrote:i picked up 3. i'll trade you one or two of them

SOLD!

themostrighteous

nallie wrote:Ginger-key lime vinegar was the tipping point. I sat on my hands for the first o&v offering, but ginger-key lime vinegar? I will pour it into my sparkling waters. I will splash it onto my buttered bread. Heck, I may just eat it off a spoon.

like, Ovaltina, my goat, you are like my long-lost sister!

themostrighteous

Imagine4vr wrote:If no one responded quicker, I would do it. I missed out on the first, and only not ordering this because I don't like anything ginger lime. Let me know and I'll buy a set.

Thanks!

SOLD AGAIN! just saw this. i am certain my dearest cheron will be most understanding if i proceed to exchange vinegars w/ you instead since she got 3 sets of each!

Chefclyde

Chefclyde wrote:Also try a splash on a mango papaya salad for some brightness. Or use it with some Achoite and and S & P, a little garlic and marinate chicken for the grill.

Okay hold on to your key boards.

GINGER KEY LIME SAUCE

Once you buy more of the Ginger Key Lime Vinegar, and you will! Take a whole bottle, reduce it over high heat to about 2 tablespoons along with one medium shallot chopped up. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and over low heat or even off the heat, add a WHOLE cube of unsalted butter and keep stirring until it's melted. Serve over that grilled chicken.

And don't blame me if you get married over it (or at least lucky.)

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:SOLD AGAIN! just saw this. i am certain my dearest cheron will be most understanding if i proceed to exchange vinegars w/ you instead since she got 3 sets of each!

Absolutely! No problem at all, totally understand

cheron98

Chefclyde wrote:Okay hold on to your key boards.

GINGER KEY LIME SAUCE

Once you buy more of the Ginger Key Lime Vinegar, and you will! Take a whole bottle, reduce it over high heat to about 2 tablespoons along with one medium shallot chopped up. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and over low heat or even off the heat, add a WHOLE cube of unsalted butter and keep stirring until it's melted. Serve over that grilled chicken.

And don't blame me if you get married over it (or at least lucky.)

*takes some notes* I HAVE been looking for a good man... say Chef Clyde, you ain't married are ya?

Now, by "whole cube of unsalted butter" do you mean a whole pound block of it?

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez
nallie wrote:Ginger-key lime vinegar was the tipping point. I sat on my hands for the first o&v offering, but ginger-key lime vinegar? I will pour it into my sparkling waters. I will splash it onto my buttered bread. Heck, I may just eat it off a spoon.

Last wooter to woot: deaconbluez

I'm there with you, nallie; I procrastinated until the first one sold out; saw the Ginger-key lime and had to jump on it.

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

grassbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grassbass

why is this not very popular? i would have thought that we would have snatched this right up!

cheron98

grassbass wrote:why is this not very popular? i would have thought that we would have snatched this right up!

Just because it hasn't sold out yet doesn't mean it's not selling at a good clip It's only been up for 4 hours at this point, and probably most people weren't exactly expecting a new offering up at 6pm. As word spreads, I'm sure it'll go. And probably when people log on to check main woot and all that in a couple hours they'll suddenly realize this is back.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
themostrighteous wrote:SOLD AGAIN! just saw this. i am certain my dearest cheron will be most understanding if i proceed to exchange vinegars w/ you instead since she got 3 sets of each!

I bought one set, will trade one ginger lime for one raspberry vinegar.

Thanks!

themostrighteous

Imagine4vr wrote:I bought one set, will trade one ginger lime for one raspberry vinegar.

Thanks!

confirmed!

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1
coynedj wrote:In!!!! Thanks so much for giving we the procrastinators a second chance.

did you get my PM?

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Decided to post here instead of the first offering's forum to maybe help sway the undecided. I got labrated the chili oil today, and by an odd coincidence today is also my two month wedding anniversary, so great excuse to cook dinner for my wife. After much debate I decided to pan sear some scallops in the chili oil. first seasoned the scallops with just a touch of salt and pepper. Then into the oil on high heat, about 1.5 minutes per side until they had a nice golden coloring. I took the scallops out to rest then threw some minced garlic and shallot into the pan. Added a little broth and some corn startch to thicken. Put the whole thing over some fettucine (random point.. wife and I wound up debating the fettucini.. should it have been cooked through or al-dente? opinions welcome). Served with a bottle of 2006 Dry Creek Vineyard Fume Blanc. I must say the sweet chili oil gave a nice touch of flavor to the scallops. I'm looking foward to trying some more recipies and experimenting with the others when they arrive.

cheron98

ArcheDiver wrote:Decided to post here instead ...

Packity packed

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Now see... that's some vinegar love

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69

Last wooter to woot: wootvirgin69

Oh, sweet Jesus...I just purchased my third offering in a week. I think I need intervention, STAT!!!!! <hands shaking, wiping sweat from brow>

Chefclyde

cheron98 wrote:*takes some notes* I HAVE been looking for a good man... say Chef Clyde, you ain't married are ya?

Now, by "whole cube of unsalted butter" do you mean a whole pound block of it?

Just a cube 1/4 pound up to 1 pound....

pickles1128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickles1128

Did anyone else get a Charlie Bucket?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Packity packed

Wow Wow cheron, do you watch wubbzy or something?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rationalthinker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rationalthinker

I'm only 19, can I still order this since it's not a wine?

Just want to make sure, TIA.

w 28 s.w 26 w.w 4 so.w 16

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

I am infinitely sad that I can't get these shipped to Japan. -_-;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rationalthinker wrote:I'm only 19, can I still order this since it's not a wine?

Just want to make sure, TIA.

Yes.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2