+ Add a Comment

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
ddeuddeg wrote: I thought the orange was a Syrah. Shows how much (little) I know.

About as much as I, it appears!

I was sure my bottle was a syrah. I voted assuming the dot was red, but after a pm from Peter it seems it was an orange dot (marker drawn). At first sip, I would have bet my life it was a Wellington syrah. Now that I have had all this time to second guess myself I only know how little I know...

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ugh, no! Do not do this yet! I only have 19 bottles of Wellington right now, but I'm in no position to get more right now and I know I wouldn't be able to resist.

I'm pretty set on wellington cabs, for the moment, but I could use some more syrah, or some grenache.

Either way, I think they were pretty clear that this mystery pack was the last Wellington offer for 08.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
andyduncan wrote:I'm pretty set on wellington cabs, for the moment, but I could use some more syrah, or some grenache.

Either way, I think they were pretty clear that this mystery pack was the last Wellington offer for 08.

Ah right, I remember that now too. Whew!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jwhite6114 wrote:More even -- that's 5 weeks!

???

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

gsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsandoval

I think I had a red dot and I also said cab

nyesq54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyesq54

I also voted assuming my dot was red, and I too went syrah. But mine was a paper dot, if I recall correctly.

Whatever the result, I enjoyed the wine.

Edit: My bottle was absolutely a rhone style bottle.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
jwhite6114 wrote:More even -- that's 5 weeks!

How do you figure? The tasting is Nov. 15th? My post was on Oct. 15th. Color me confused.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

gsandoval wrote:I think I had a red dot and I also said cab

Had a Little Vineyards Cab tonight and based on my recollection of the Red Dot from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when I had it, it wouldn't take much arm twisting to talk me in to Cab from Zin. I could have believed that the LV Cab was an old world style Zin.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

andyduncan

Corrado wrote:Had a Little Vineyards Cab tonight and based on my recollection of the Red Dot from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when I had it, it wouldn't take much arm twisting to talk me in to Cab from Zin. I could have believed that the LV Cab was an old world style Zin.

We've had a discussion about that particular cab before. I, and a few others, think it's a very zin-like cab with it's very ripe, fruit-forward-ness, so that might not be the issue. I think Peter's cabs are more varietally correct, though they both share a similar sonoma-ness.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

andyduncan wrote:We've had a discussion about that particular cab before. I, and a few others, think it's a very zin-like cab with it's very ripe, fruit-forward-ness, so that might not be the issue. I think Peter's cabs are more varietally correct, though they both share a similar sonoma-ness.

Maybe I'll crack one of my Wellington Cabs tonight and put it up against the LV Night #2. I recall the Wellington's being more immediately recognizable as Cabernet, but Peter and his damn wine-making philosophy of letting the fruit 'talk' results in vintage-to-vintage variation, something I don't get at all from Blackstone or Bogle. ;)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bahwm wrote:How do you figure? The tasting is Nov. 15th? My post was on Oct. 15th. Color me confused.

Ha! My bad! I completely missed that you were responding to "Vegas" -- I had read Peter's post:

SonomaBouliste wrote:WineDavid swears the winners will be notified before Thanksgiving and the "key' will be released while "W" is still in the White House.

And thought your reply was in response to "Thanksgiving". Duh!

(I swear I can read)

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Corrado wrote:Maybe I'll crack one of my Wellington Cabs tonight and put it up against the LV Night #2. I recall the Wellington's being more immediately recognizable as Cabernet, but Peter and his damn wine-making philosophy of letting the fruit 'talk' results in vintage-to-vintage variation, something I don't get at all from Blackstone or Bogle. ;)

I drank my 03 Wellington Handal-Denier earlier this week -- and liked it VERY much. It's been too many weeks since I drank the red-dot to be sure, but this struck me as what I recalled from it.

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jwhite6114 wrote:I drank my 03 Wellington Handal-Denier earlier this week -- and liked it VERY much. It's been too many weeks since I drank the red-dot to be sure, but this struck me as what I recalled from it.

What was the decant time for that one. As I recall, it was the Morhardt Ridge CS that Peter said could age a long time.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

jwhite6114 wrote:I drank my 03 Wellington Handal-Denier earlier this week -- and liked it VERY much. It's been too many weeks since I drank the red-dot to be sure, but this struck me as what I recalled from it.

I *know* the red dot wasn't one of the single-vineyard cabs, at least not one of the vintages I have. The bottles I have for the H-D or MHR cabs are about an inch taller & heavier glass than the 'normal' bottle for the more general Sonoma Cabernet.

jpkrause

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpkrause
SonomaBouliste wrote:If it's a dot made by marking pen, it's orange. The pink dots are all paper dots, and on burgundy bottles.

Note to self: if we ever do this again, don't let the girls pick the colors, red and orange are a bit too close.

My bad, I was going from memory. The second thing that goes. I opened my wine fridge and mavelled at how the bottle had changed shape since I'd received it.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." -- Oscar Wilde

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

Wow... I really need to check this thread more often. Where did 3 pages come from? Anyway... I went with red dot (marker, not paper) = merlot

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske

Updated tally:

Red - Cab:8 Zin:4 Merlot:6 Alicante Bouschet(Noir):1 Syrah:1
Orange - Zin:4 Merlot:1 Syrah:2
Green - Zin:3 Grenache:2 Syrah:2
Blue - Grenache:1

andyduncan

Corrado wrote:I *know* the red dot wasn't one of the single-vineyard cabs, at least not one of the vintages I have. The bottles I have for the H-D or MHR cabs are about an inch taller & heavier glass than the 'normal' bottle for the more general Sonoma Cabernet.

Peter seems to have switched bottles between vineyards and vintages, so not all of the single vineyard cabs I have are the extra-tall ones, (for instance, I have a tall and short MHR from different years), but the ones I have are all in heavier glass.

I think that, plus just the odds that Peter would have used one of his flagship cabs for such a contest would indicate that if one of the bottles was a cab, it was probably the "Sonoma County" cab.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
Loweeel wrote:I'm 99% sure that green was grenache.

I had a green dot on my bottle. When I first tasted it I kept getting "plastic" on the mid-palate. There was a cinnamon smell on the cork, too. I knew the varietal was one that I had little or no experience with. I first thought that I had a PV, but wasn't sure. When the deadline came to make our guesses I just filled the box with something like "it's red, young, and I haven't a clue." Later, after tasting the Wellington grenache, I was sure the green dot was the same wine. So for the heck of it, I went back to the guess page well after the deadline and posted again. The "Thank You" page came up, so we'll see.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
SonomaBouliste wrote:Methinks you're 99% mistaken.

Oooooh! Noooooo!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
timbyrd wrote:Ya' know, I guessed Pinot Noir on one of the colors, even though I know he doesn't make one.

-- T

You're from California, aren't you?

nyesq54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyesq54

Here's my take on all of this: many of us will be wrong, a very few will be correct, but in the end who cares? Its been fun and I appreciate the thought and effort that went into this.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
jwhite6114 wrote:And thought your reply was in response to "Thanksgiving". Duh!

(I swear I can read)

I know I'm tired, but I think I can still count!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

nyesq54 wrote:Here's my take on all of this: many of us will be wrong, a very few will be correct, but in the end who cares? Its been fun and I appreciate the thought and effort that went into this.

This is a very wholesome attitude. I like it.
I also appreciated the chance to get my hands on some more Wellington wine. I enjoyed all 3 Mystery bottles, even if I got them all wrong.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bgulick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgulick

Well, I have a few points to make:

(1) I have yet to open my Wellington mystery bottle, which I would have firmly believed to be a red dot until an earlier, credible posting seemingly indicated that ANY demarkation made by a conventional marker was an orange-dot. I fully understand that my choice to refrain from opening this bottle is a blatant self-removal from the game, but, while I fully trust the quality of any Wellington varietal, I would much prefer to know which varietal I will be drinking -- not because I'm pretentious enough to care about a less-than-perfect pairing with my culinary adventures, but because my varietal preferences vary with my equally varying desires and the necessity of harmonious blend with my circumstance-specific moods and predispositions. Who the heck wants a big, fruity zin when circumstances call for a deep, brooding cab, right? Surely others can relate.

(2) Having worked in one of the finest restaurants in our state, where we periodically engaged in "brown bag" tastings (that is, specifying wines whose identity was concealed by our sommelier), I am as confident as I feel most others may rightly be in my own ability to determine the mere varietal at issue.

(3) Point two being made, however, the recent comments reveal that even among wine wooters, who are almost certainly (or at least presumably) better suited than the average Joe to 'name that varietal,' indicate that quite a few of us have no idea about which we are talking. The red dot bottle, for example, has herein been claimed to be a cab, a merlot, and a zin (amongst others) -- _all without a doubt_.

(4) At the end of the day, and in slight contravention of the extended implications made by my first point, a good wine is a good wine. Those who appreciate such will enjoy the same, regardless of the varietal therein employed. It would, however, behove both you (as the intermediary seller) and the ultimate consumers to convey the varietal designation so that those who marveled in their products' delight may further pursue the same or similar experiences.

(5) Dear (wine) god, please release the friggin results and key as soon as you can. What is the hold-up? To do so would require only a minimal degree of organization beforehand. Did you not plan on eventually having to release results? Are you under the impression that the added suspense you've created helps your marketing? This was a _wonderfully_ conceived innovation for the wine.woot community, but you've got to hold up your end of the bargain in a manner that will instill confidence in any similar undertaking you attempt in the future.

I'll refrain from further exploring numerous observations about this unique and interesting development in our shared community (other than to note the wisdom previously indicated in better selecting the identifying colors, marks, etc.). All in all, this was likely a great success when judged in light of the consumer interest and/or response. As a first go-'round, it wasn't bad; as always, though, there's room for improvement. Please temper your pleasant reminiscing with thoughts of that potential.

Thank you, wine.woot. You rock! As always, though, you can (and I hope will) continue to amaze us all by rocking harder in the future.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
bgulick wrote:Well, I have a few points to make:

(1) ... I fully understand that my choice to refrain from opening this bottle is a blatant self-removal from the game...

Your end of the bargain...

(5) Dear (wine) god, please release the friggin results and key as soon as you can. What is the hold-up? ... This was a _wonderfully_ conceived innovation for the wine.woot community, but you've got to hold up your end of the bargain...

Pot calling the kettle black.

I kinda hope they release results in email form to those who submitted guesses.

nothinghead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nothinghead

auggie24

I think your post is really uncalled for. I don't think there's any expectation for people to submit their guesses (holding up their end of the bargain as you say), especially seeing as, and let me re-emphasize, there are no prizes involved. And bgulick clearly explained his reasons for not opening the unknown bottle which make perfect sense.

I've also explained why I didn't guess: I don't know my varietals well enough to put my guess at anything more than a total shot in the dark. But I'd like to know what it was I drank now. This "contest" has been going on for a very long time, and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for not letting us know. If there was a reason we were still waiting I'd like to know it, otherwise, they should be posting a list of what each bottle was.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bgulick wrote:(1) I have yet to open my Wellington mystery bottle, which I would have firmly believed to be a red dot until an earlier, credible posting seemingly indicated that ANY demarkation made by a conventional marker was an orange-dot.

Can you link that? Mine was a marker but sure looked red to me.

bgulick wrote: I fully understand that my choice to refrain from opening this bottle is a blatant self-removal from the game, but, while I fully trust the quality of any Wellington varietal, I would much prefer to know which varietal I will be drinking -- not because I'm pretentious enough to care about a less-than-perfect pairing with my culinary adventures, but because my varietal preferences vary with my equally varying desires and the necessity of harmonious blend with my circumstance-specific moods and predispositions. Who the heck wants a big, fruity zin when circumstances call for a deep, brooding cab, right? Surely others can relate.

My circumstance-specific mood went something like this: 1) its a weekend 2) I've got a bottle of Wellington (for cheap!) 3) the deadline is approaching, so I better drink it! As for the culinary aspect, I paired my mystery wine with a glass.

Everyone could have just held their bottle(s) and waited for the results, but where's the fun in that? This is supposed to be an interactive "contest". Although I'm sure he's still making a buck, Peter put a lot of extra labor into this woot offer and I'm more than happy to do my part (drinking).

bgulick wrote:(3) Point two being made, however, the recent comments reveal that even among wine wooters, who are almost certainly (or at least presumably) better suited than the average Joe to 'name that varietal,' indicate that quite a few of us have no idea about which we are talking. The red dot bottle, for example, has herein been claimed to be a cab, a merlot, and a zin (amongst others) -- _all without a doubt_.

Hell, I even tried to cheat! Took the bottle to the fav wine market. Jopo and I each had a glass (although as a white-drinker, his input of "it's good!" was not added to the "helpful" category), and split the rest among the owner, a couple employees, and some lucky customers sitting at the bar. The owner kinda pissed me off when he wouldn't commit a guess. One employee (the most knowledgeable) kept saying Cab Franc even after I told her it wasn't a choice, but at least she tried. Guesses among the customers were vaired, so for sharing my bottle I really got nothing but a little deposit in the karma bank. But the point is... I had fun.

bgulick wrote:(5) Dear (wine) god, please release the friggin results and key as soon as you can.

Agreed!

edit: for auggie24

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

SonomaBouliste

bgulick wrote:Well, I have a few points to make:

(1) I have yet to open my Wellington mystery bottle, which I would have firmly believed to be a red dot until an earlier, credible posting seemingly indicated that ANY demarkation made by a conventional marker was an orange-dot. I fully understand that my choice to refrain from opening this bottle is a blatant self-removal from the game, but, while I fully trust the quality of any Wellington varietal, I would much prefer to know which varietal I will be drinking -- not because I'm pretentious enough to care about a less-than-perfect pairing with my culinary adventures, but because my varietal preferences vary with my equally varying desires and the necessity of harmonious blend with my circumstance-specific moods and predispositions. Who the heck wants a big, fruity zin when circumstances call for a deep, brooding cab, right? Surely others can relate.

(2) Having worked in one of the finest restaurants in our state, where we periodically engaged in "brown bag" tastings (that is, specifying wines whose identity was concealed by our sommelier), I am as confident as I feel most others may rightly be in my own ability to determine the mere varietal at issue.

(3) Point two being made, however, the recent comments reveal that even among wine wooters, who are almost certainly (or at least presumably) better suited than the average Joe to 'name that varietal,' indicate that quite a few of us have no idea about which we are talking. The red dot bottle, for example, has herein been claimed to be a cab, a merlot, and a zin (amongst others) -- _all without a doubt_.

(4) At the end of the day, and in slight contravention of the extended implications made by my first point, a good wine is a good wine. Those who appreciate such will enjoy the same, regardless of the varietal therein employed. It would, however, behove both you (as the intermediary seller) and the ultimate consumers to convey the varietal designation so that those who marveled in their products' delight may further pursue the same or similar experiences.

(5) Dear (wine) god, please release the friggin results and key as soon as you can. What is the hold-up? To do so would require only a minimal degree of organization beforehand. Did you not plan on eventually having to release results? Are you under the impression that the added suspense you've created helps your marketing? This was a _wonderfully_ conceived innovation for the wine.woot community, but you've got to hold up your end of the bargain in a manner that will instill confidence in any similar undertaking you attempt in the future.

I'll refrain from further exploring numerous observations about this unique and interesting development in our shared community (other than to note the wisdom previously indicated in better selecting the identifying colors, marks, etc.). All in all, this was likely a great success when judged in light of the consumer interest and/or response. As a first go-'round, it wasn't bad; as always, though, there's room for improvement. Please temper your pleasant reminiscing with thoughts of that potential.

Thank you, wine.woot. You rock! As always, though, you can (and I hope will) continue to amaze us all by rocking harder in the future.

There were both orange and red marker pen dots. They shoudn't be That hard to tell apart - we're talking a bit of a washed out orange versus a true red. In terms of style / texture, our Zin is closer to the "claret" model than the fruit bomb model. It's dry, has some structure and is moderate in alcohol (for a Zin). The Merlot and Cab are similar in style and balance, moderately oaked, with food-friendly acidity (perhaps a tiny bit on the tart side for maximum "sipping by themselves" pleasure. The biggest differences between all our wines (I just used these three for reference) will be in the varietal aromas and flavors - Zin being typified by raspberry and black pepper, Cabernet by cassis and blackberry, and Merlot by cherry and black tea aromas and flavors.

SonomaBouliste

auggie24 wrote:Pot calling the kettle black.

I kinda hope they release results in email form to those who submitted guesses.

I have a feeling that those who did respond will be notified first ;)

SonomaBouliste

nothinghead wrote:auggie24

I think your post is really uncalled for. I don't think there's any expectation for people to submit their guesses (holding up their end of the bargain as you say), especially seeing as, and let me re-emphasize, there are no prizes involved. And bgulick clearly explained his reasons for not opening the unknown bottle which make perfect sense.

I've also explained why I didn't guess: I don't know my varietals well enough to put my guess at anything more than a total shot in the dark. But I'd like to know what it was I drank now. This "contest" has been going on for a very long time, and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for not letting us know. If there was a reason we were still waiting I'd like to know it, otherwise, they should be posting a list of what each bottle was.

WineDavid has been either:

A) waiting for more guesses,

B) too busy

or,

C) out to lunch

Seriously,
The man has a lot on his plate; for all intents and purposes, he is wine.w00t. He has to taste and select wines, negotiate deals, comply with federal and state laws, permits and licenses, arrange wine pickup, packing and shipping (even often spending evenings helping pack boxes). Let's just say he doesn't have much time to work on his golf game.

auggie24

nothinghead wrote:auggie24

Yes, my earlier remark was a little snarky. But how can one complain about the process, when they (admittedly) didn't care about the process?

Also, how can you say there wasn't any expectation? That's what this challenge was all about! The gauntlet was thrown down, we all implicitly accepted by ordering. If there was no expectation, why was an email sent to those of us who either ignored the challenge part or procrastinated (of which I was one of those who procrastinated). /snarkiness

Geez, I really need to go get some sleep, but the yard is calling one last time here in MN.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
auggie24 wrote:
Geez, I really need to go get some sleep, but the yard is calling one last time here in MN.

Just "one last time"? Sounds hopeful to me.

We have lost about 70% of our leaves, yet our area is just hitting peak color according to the news. I guess my yard was in a hurry.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

auggie24

polarbear22 wrote:Just "one last time"? Sounds hopeful to me.

We have lost about 70% of our leaves, yet our area is just hitting peak color according to the news. I guess my yard was in a hurry.

Well, it is the middle of October. If I cut it short enough, there's not enough growing time left this year to get long... I hope...

We still have fully leaved trees. They just started falling last night due to the wind. The large oak out in back still has plenty of green on it.

ddeuddeg

nothinghead wrote: I don't think there's any expectation for people to submit their guesses

Perhaps you missed WD’s post.
While I respect the decision anyone might have made to hold off on opening his bottle until he knew what it was, if everyone did that, it clearly defeats the entire idea of the game. Therefore, since those people are part of the reason for the hold-up, IMHO they have forfeited their right to complain about the outcomes not being posted. I mean, if you don't want to play, fine. Buy a bottle you know will suit your needs, open it, and enjoy.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
SonomaBouliste wrote:WineDavid has been either:

A) waiting for more guesses,

B) too busy

or,

C) out to lunch

Seriously,
The man has a lot on his plate; for all intents and purposes, he is wine.w00t. He has to taste and select wines, negotiate deals, comply with federal and state laws, permits and licenses, arrange wine pickup, packing and shipping (even often spending evenings helping pack boxes). Let's just say he doesn't have much time to work on his golf game.

so, Peter, you're here, WD is clearly busy, and a whole lot of us are just dying to find out what we had & whether we guessed right. how's about you spill the beanz right here then??? we won't tell.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

nothinghead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nothinghead

I didn't get an e-mail urging me to submit my guess, and that's probably partially that I have < 20 posts in the forums under my belt. I'm not a forum regular, so I imagine it's only regulars/frequent wooters that were urged to submit their guesses.

I suppose I'm not overly annoyed, I just click on this thread a few times a day to see if the answers are up, and when they're not, I wonder how many more times I'm going to have to click it before my curiosity is satisfied.

And seriously, I haven't opened any of my other wines, only The Duke, but it was delicious (orange dot) and I'm curious to know what that delicious wine was so that I might explore more of that varietal.

Since I've suddenly decided to become a forum poster, what do you experts think is the drinking window for last year's Humbug? I still have at least one (maybe two) bottles left and I'm wondering if I should make them a priority or not.

jwhite6114

polarbear22 wrote:What was the decant time for that one. As I recall, it was the Morhardt Ridge CS that Peter said could age a long time.

I did not decant at all -- and it was good from first pour to last.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Corrado wrote:I *know* the red dot wasn't one of the single-vineyard cabs, at least not one of the vintages I have. The bottles I have for the H-D or MHR cabs are about an inch taller & heavier glass than the 'normal' bottle for the more general Sonoma Cabernet.

I did not mean to imply the red dot was a single vineyard varietal (though for all I know, it may be); rather that, as much as I can remember, the H-D made me think of the red dot bottle, thus validating (in my mind, only) that red dot was cab.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

bgulick wrote:The red dot bottle, for example, has herein been claimed to be a cab, a merlot, and a zin (amongst others) -- _all without a doubt_.

Beautiful, isn't it?

CT | | | | | |