cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:the winners will find out very soon.

tease.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

Just had the red dot last night and it sure tasted like a cab. The color was almost black though.

CT

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
Winedavid39 wrote:the winners will find out very soon.

And, for those interested, here are the losers (moved forward to current page)

-- removed due to SEC mandated quiet period --

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
andyduncan wrote:And, for those interested, here are the losers (moved forward to current page)

Loser like hell!!! Both WD and Ed McMahon have said I may already be a winner.

Well, ok, just Ed.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
javadrinker wrote:Loser like hell!!! Both WD and Ed McMahon have said I may already be a winner.

Well, ok, just Ed.

You thought it was a typo when WD said "you may be a weiner."

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:You thought it was a typo when WD said "you may be a weiner."

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

andyduncan wrote:And, for those interested, here are the losers (moved forward to current page)

Wait, wait, wait... are these just the guesses that have been posted in the thread since we all got impatient and you're just tallying them up? Cuz I clearly don't see my name in there anywhere... I can't possibly have gotten these RIGHT

andyduncan

cheron98 wrote:are these just the guesses that have been posted in the thread since we all got impatient and you're just tallying them up?

That's correct, although I prefer to refer to it as my "Support Group of Failure". We're open to anyone, you just have to tell us what you guessed and we'll add you to our wall of shame.

cheron98

andyduncan wrote:That's correct, although I prefer to refer to it as my "Support Group of Failure". We're open to anyone, you just have to tell us what you guessed and we'll add you to our wall of shame.

Yeah that's the problem. I don't remember what I guessed It's been too long! Though I -think- it was red- cab, green - syrah. But i see how syrah was wrong now given the bottle shape, so possibly zin. I never got around to the orange

shh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shh64
cheron98 wrote:Yeah that's the problem. I don't remember what I guessed It's been too long! Though I -think- it was red- cab, green - syrah. But i see how syrah was wrong now given the bottle shape, so possibly zin. I never got around to the orange

I agree, I can't remember my choices due to the length of time. I would not do this again for any guessing. If I wanted the wine I would order, but certainly not for the game as it has been disappointing after the submission.

andyduncan

shh64 wrote:I agree, I can't remember my choices due to the length of time. I would not do this again for any guessing. If I wanted the wine I would order, but certainly not for the game as it has been disappointing after the submission.

Well, that's true so far. WD could still pull a surprise out of his, err, hat. You know, the reason he might be taking so long could be due to the paperwork required to hold a ticker-tape parade complete with elephants and shriners.

javadrinker

andyduncan wrote:Well, that's true so far. WD could still pull a surprise out of his, err, hat. You know, the reason he might be taking so long could be due to the paperwork required to hold a ticker-tape parade complete with elephants and shriners.

Yup...WD has the Wine.woot Prize Patrol van currently driving around the country personally notifying each of the wooters that guessed correctly. It's a pain in the arse to get those elephants back into the mini-van after each stop. Thus the delay.

javadrinker

Hahahahah...ok...this was worth waiting for!!!! Those of you that know...hee heee...those of you that don't...aw so sad.

Disclaimer...this random rant in no way confirms or denies the correctedness or lack of correctedness of my guess or guesses and this might not even be me really typing or not typing.

polarbear22

javadrinker wrote:Hahahahah...ok...this was worth waiting for!!!! Those of you that know...hee heee...those of you that don't...aw so sad.

Disclaimer...this random rant in no way confirms or denies the correctedness or lack of correctedness of my guess or guesses and this might not even be me really typing or not typing.

I use my home e-mail, which I cannot access from work. Looks like I have to wait until tonight to eliminate my sadness.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

andyduncan

javadrinker wrote:Hahahahah...ok...this was worth waiting for!!!! Those of you that know...hee heee...those of you that don't...aw so sad.

My hatred for you is beyond words right now. Open a window, you should be able to feel the seething from there.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Aren't we a sorry lot.
Here we are, waiting, not so impatiently all these weeks/months for the results. We've cried, pleaded, threatened......and not so humbly begged.
We say maybe we don't want to do this again yada yada yada. (well, not me, but maybe someone else did)

Sounds like java finally gets some interesting info, and here we are all again, waiting with baited breath....do we have short memories or what?

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske

Count me confused. Java said Merlot for Red, which Peter said was incorrect.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
sanity wrote:Aren't we a sorry lot.
Here we are, waiting, not so impatiently all these weeks/months for the results. We've cried, pleaded, threatened......and not so humbly begged.
We say maybe we don't want to do this again yada yada yada. (well, not me, but maybe someone else did)

Sounds like java finally gets some interesting info, and here we are all again, waiting with baited breath....do we have short memories or what?

He's just screwing with us.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

sanity

Loweeel wrote:He's just screwing with us.

Yes, maybe so, probably so, knowing java.
Which further illustrates my point!

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Loweeel wrote:He's just screwing with us.

Yeah this is messed up. Of course I torture myself by checking this thread every friggin day.... no more!! Someone holler at me in the pub if they ever get posted!! Oh who am I kidding, i'm still gunna check... dammit

CT

javadrinker

Oh ye's of little faith...and incorrect guesses.

Disclaimer: See previous Disclaimer.

sanity

...and see my previous post...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

javadrinker wrote:Yup...WD has the Wine.woot Prize Patrol van currently driving around the country personally notifying each of the wooters that guessed correctly. It's a pain in the arse to get those elephants back into the mini-van after each stop. Thus the delay.

not quite, but winners will see something shortly.

andyduncan

Winedavid39 wrote:not quite, but winners will see something shortly.

Ok, but how long until us losers find out we were wrong?

polarbear22

andyduncan wrote:Ok, but how long until us losers find out we were wrong?

Apparently when you don't see something and all us winners post that we did. (Or am I a weiner?)

My Cellar

polarbear22

andyduncan wrote:Ok, but how long until us losers find out we were wrong?

Apparently when you don't see something and all us winners post that we did. (Or am I a weiner?)

My Cellar

AjaxLives

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AjaxLives

And we have a winner!

Received a bonafide certificate in the mail today!

I will try to get the scanner working and scan a copy for all you losers ;) to see.

Now, if I just knew if it was one, two, or three of them I guessed right.

Edit: Sorry, can't get the scanner going. Maybe another winner is out there that can get a copy posted.

andyduncan

AjaxLives wrote:And we have a winner!

Received a bonafide certificate in the mail today!

I will try to get the scanner working and scan a copy for all you losers ;) to see.

Now, if I just knew if it was one, two, or three of them I guessed right.

Hmm. based on your guesses above I'd say you were right about the orange being Zin, but not the other two. Which means I should have a certificate in the mail...

EDIT: I say that because Loweel was adamant about the blue being grenache, and merlot probably didn't come in a rhone bottle (pink)

berrda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berrda
mfelske wrote:Count me confused. Java said Merlot for Red, which Peter said was incorrect.

But then later recanted. I'm just waiting for that prize van to wander up my driveway.

opiate2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opiate2002
andyduncan wrote:Hmm. based on your guesses above I'd say you were right about the orange being Zin, but not the other two. Which means I should have a certificate in the mail...

EDIT: I say that because Loweel was adamant about the blue being grenache, and merlot probably didn't come in a rhone bottle (pink)

I received a certificate today. Yay! I'm pretty sure blue wasn't grenache, cause IIRC that was the color I had. Not certain though, it might have been green... it was all so long ago!

AjaxLives

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AjaxLives

Oh, and the certificate has "1st Annual Wine.Woot! Mystery Wine Challenge"

Woot! An annual challenge!

And a really big THANKS to WineDavid and Peter for putting this together.

j7f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j7f

you know...i have to be honest...i don't even remember what dot we had or what we guessed.

is there any way of finding that out?
i'm going to look at my posts...maybe i buried it in there somewhere...

go wellington! had a bottle tonight.
his wines are always so fragrant and taste like a million bucks.

K00L

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K00L

YEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I received my certificate today, signed by WD and Peter!

What does this mean!!!!????

There was a grape of every type in each of the bottles, so you can't lose! -- I really don't know that --

Anyways, I am posting the cert proudly!!!

ADDENDUM: My wife assures me that I have "great" taste in the opposite sex!

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

Well, isn't that disappointing then. Really two crazy bottles of wine, and clearly I didn't guess right for either of them.

Wait, did the certificates say which one you got right? And did they have a listing of all of the wines? Now I'm curious. Who all got certificates?

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

berrda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berrda

How are these notifications arriving? Is there still hope for me (perhaps the mailman couldn't read the address as scrawled by one of those flying monkeys)?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

hmm...haven't gone through the mail in about two weeks. I suppose I should make time for that this weekend and either rejoice or drown my sorrows in a bottle of Wellington!

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

Got a Monkey Plaque in the mail yesterday. Nice...I just wish I knew which one I guessed right?

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

also, drank a bottle of Peter's Merlot last night....I'm pretty sure thats the one I got right..

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme

Can't remember my four guesses. Here's to playing the odds!

Thanks to WD and SB, and congrats to all the winners!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
berrda wrote:How are these notifications arriving? Is there still hope for me (perhaps the mailman couldn't read the address as scrawled by one of those flying monkeys)?

Snail mail to home address.

I gotz Mail!!!! Came in yesterday, and got stuck in the mail chute. Saw it last night, but was too lazy to get it (thought it was junk mail, boy was I wrong!!)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.