paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

Wow!

So what's next?? Maybe throw in the Epiphany trio again?? I not a huge white fan, but that stuff is going fast at the casa...much too tasty.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Since Scott Harvey sold out! Yeah! Everyone can go over to the side deal and bid away. There are some pretty cool items and sometimes you can pick them up for a good price. This is definitely the best auction in town.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
coynedj wrote:With all the praise for the Barbera, I'm kinda hoping NOT to see it. August is already my most expensive woot month ever, and another must-have on Thursday would make my poor credit card cry.

Barbera on Thursday would make August my top month, too.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

winefarm wrote:Since Scott Harvey sold out! Yeah! Everyone can go over to the side deal and bid away. There are some pretty cool items and sometimes you can pick them up for a good price. This is definitely the best auction in town.

Oh, I'm bidding on the girl & the fig Weekend Getaway. I'm not sure what you actually get for this item, but it sure sounds interesting!

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:Oh, I'm bidding on the girl & the fig Weekend Getaway. I'm not sure what you actually get for this item, but it sure sounds interesting!

I'm bidding against you just because I can.

No I'm not, but it made ya mad for just a second ;)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mnwrasslin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnwrasslin
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:hey everyone - our working group is trying to plan a small conference in napa or sonoma. basically about 50-ish people. we'd like to be able to stay somewhere, and then have that place have a room where we could stick about 50 people, have a projector, and give talks and stuff. basically, talks in the morning, wine in the afternoon!

does anyone have any suggestions for such a place?

thanks!

A suggestion for something to do is go to Reid Family Vineyards and do a "Bottle your own Barrel" experience. The winery is run by good friends of mine and they have great team building excercise where you get to have a winery walk through and then bottle up a barrel of wine that you get to take home. www.jkirkwood.com is where you can see some pictures explanations.

10 random carp

jwhite6114

bhodilee wrote:I'm bidding against you just because I can.

Actually, I am disappointed, cuz I never actually bid and I thought what a great gag that Bhodi is trying to outbid me when I never bid to begin with and now he is going to win and have this trip he has to plan thinking he stole it from me when I was just joshing from the start because the name of the place sounded like some double entendre and really -- what? you didn't bid either? bummer.

CT | | | | | |

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23
jwhite6114 wrote:Oh, I'm bidding on the girl & the fig Weekend Getaway. I'm not sure what you actually get for this item, but it sure sounds interesting!

My sis and I had dinner there when she was visiting a few weeks ago. Yum!

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219

Quick random question...Do you just find out about if you are a labrat when the package gets delivered? I'm just curious to if they send an e-mail or anything to let you know to expect your special prize!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

bhodilee

jp9219 wrote:Quick random question...Do you just find out about if you are a labrat when the package gets delivered? I'm just curious to if they send an e-mail or anything to let you know to expect your special prize!

it shows up you get happy, no advance warning

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

jwhite6114

WD must be helping with crush this year, cuz still no clues ...

(hint, hint, hint! )

CT | | | | | |

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
jwhite6114 wrote:WD must be helping with crush this year, cuz still no clues ...

Not until we've had a labrat! Things have to be done in order, after all. No wine before its time and all that.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jwhite6114 wrote:WD must be helping with crush this year, cuz still no clues ...

(hint, hint, hint! )

You're a bit early looking for clues - the next offering's not due for 30 hours!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

coynedj wrote:You're a bit early looking for clues - the next offering's not due for 30 hours!

Too busy packing Inzinerator boxes.. in due time. Oh, it ain't wine (again).

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
winefarm wrote:Since Scott Harvey sold out! Yeah! Everyone can go over to the side deal and bid away. There are some pretty cool items and sometimes you can pick them up for a good price. This is definitely the best auction in town.

As you are looking at the items for bid, it should give you renewed appreciation for the extreme GENEROSITY of Peter Wellington's Cab and Zin gifts to the tour-ists at Deuce! Incredible - Thank you again Peter!

.. and Ty Caton, the Shugs, Scott Harvey, Trent Moffett of Livingston Moffett, David & Colleen Topper of Goosecross Cellars, and even the mystery Clif donation.

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker
Winedavid39 wrote:Too busy packing Inzinerator boxes.. in due time. Oh, it ain't wine (again).

I hope it's a Roomba. Seems hard as sin to get one of those around here. Oooooo...a Roomba with a bottle holder on top...and a remote control....and the wine.woot logo...oooooooooo.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis

July and August was a very busy for me here, when the wife stated that I've spent over $500 for the last month and half, that I've been a wine head with over 54 bottles for the 40 bottle cooler. I've cleaned out the regular frig and have bottles throughout. And 6 more Welllington arriving tomorrow, I thought it best to stay on the sidelines. I was going to pull the trigger last night for one, but seems like the woot sites went down or the wife was jamming the internet on me. Today, after being in training all day, I found out there was a sellout. Maybe be good sign for me because if I hit the yellow button, this laptop would be in the front yard in a million pieces! Guess I'll have to take the laptop wireless into the closet for a while. Definitely a winewoot addict due to all of the great wine!!!! Gonna have to use the patch or pop more corks!!!!

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1
Winedavid39 wrote:Too busy packing Inzinerator boxes.. in due time. Oh, it ain't wine (again).

Thats ok, we still love you WD. Wow dose that sound wrong?

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Great restaurant- my wife and I really enjoyed it there.

Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare
bhodilee wrote:I'm bidding against you just because I can.

jwhite6114 wrote:Actually, I am disappointed, cuz I never actually bid and I thought what a great gag that Bhodi is trying to outbid me when I never bid to begin with and now he is going to win and have this trip he has to plan thinking he stole it from me when I was just joshing from the start because the name of the place sounded like some double entendre and really -- what? you didn't bid either? bummer.

They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke
javadrinker wrote:I hope it's a Roomba. Seems hard as sin to get one of those around here. Oooooo...a Roomba with a bottle holder on top...and a remote control....and the wine.woot logo...oooooooooo.

<strokes chin pensively>

Hmmm... It wouldn't be too hard to have an embedded system interface with CT... The real trick would be getting it to recognize a cork closure versus a screw cap, such that it would know which opening mechanism to use. Maybe use an ultrasound system to check for matter in the neck of the bottle?

You could even have a WineDavid feature, where it randomly selects a bottle and gives you vague clues as it rolls towards you.

<dashes off to call a patent attorney>

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
afranke wrote:<strokes chin pensively>

Hmmm... It wouldn't be too hard to have an embedded system interface with CT... The real trick would be getting it to recognize a cork closure versus a screw cap, such that it would know which opening mechanism to use. Maybe use an ultrasound system to check for matter in the neck of the bottle?

You could even have a WineDavid feature, where it randomly selects a bottle and gives you vague clues as it rolls towards you.

it just might work!

WD

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf

decanter??

~wonders when the Wellington Select - Three Pack will change from "Billing Information Received", and hopes it's worth the wait~
Anxious am I- you bet.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

new wine time yet?

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

GGWilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GGWilliams

Missed again.

ksims81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksims81

My husband and I are taking our first trip out to Sonoma this weekend to celebrate one whole year of marital bliss. The number of wineries is so overwhelming! Can you recommend some that aren't to be missed? We're staying in Santa Rosa at the Fountaingrove Inn, and we'll have 3 full days and a few hours on Monday.

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen
Cesare wrote:They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Inconceivable!!

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
afranke wrote:<strokes chin pensively>

As long as it doesn't chase the cat, I'm in!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

WOO HOO, Rat reporting for duty! Well, it appears my secretary isn't getting fired - a FedEx Package containing the 2004 InZINerator was sitting on my desk when I got in today! Before I get asked, as I'm sure I will the bottle label is the one in the middle. Now all I need to do is try to work while that bottle talks to me ... So, assuming it survives long enough to get it home, what should I be having with it - or is it better all by itself? I'm thinking some spicy sushi or making something with this great spicy Italian sausage that I got from my butcher yesterday. There is a bit of a theme that I've got going on there! I'll post more when I pop it open this evening - - considering you all are basing your decisions on it! he he, maybe the 2nd fastest sell-out ever!?

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ksims81 wrote:My husband and I are taking our first trip out to Sonoma this weekend to celebrate one whole year of marital bliss. The number of wineries is so overwhelming! Can you recommend some that aren't to be missed? We're staying in Santa Rosa at the Fountaingrove Inn, and we'll have 3 full days and a few hours on Monday.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions, but don't miss Ty Caton's tasting room in Kenwood, and Wellington Vineyards in Glen Ellen, and be sure to mention that you're a wooter.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ksims81 wrote:My husband and I are taking our first trip out to Sonoma this weekend to celebrate one whole year of marital bliss. The number of wineries is so overwhelming! Can you recommend some that aren't to be missed? We're staying in Santa Rosa at the Fountaingrove Inn, and we'll have 3 full days and a few hours on Monday.

You can get some ideas from the RPM Wine Tour website and from the RPM Field Notes thread.

Call ahead if you can to the wine.woot wineries, and sometimes they will meet you and make it very special. Ty & Peter (as ddeudeg suggested), but Scott Harvey and Axel Schug are also very down to earth.

Good Luck!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

bkarney wrote:WOO HOO, Rat reporting for duty! Well, it appears my secretary isn't getting fired - a FedEx Package containing the 2004 InZINerator was sitting on my desk when I got in today! Before I get asked, as I'm sure I will the bottle label is the one in the middle. Now all I need to do is try to work while that bottle talks to me ... So, assuming it survives long enough to get it home, what should I be having with it - or is it better all by itself? I'm thinking some spicy sushi or making something with this great spicy Italian sausage that I got from my butcher yesterday. There is a bit of a theme that I've got going on there! I'll post more when I pop it open this evening - - considering you all are basing your decisions on it! he he, maybe the 2nd fastest sell-out ever!?

Given those 2 choices, I'd go with the sausage, but this zin is a bit more versatile than most, IMHO.
However, it's unlikely anyone will be basing decisions on your report, since it sold out more than 24 hours ago.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
nmachen wrote:Inconceivable!!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Also, I have mapped out all of the Woot wineries, so you can view them geographically (as well as having links into the specific woot offerings for that winery). Click on the link in my signature to see the map.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Call ahead if you can to the wine.woot wineries, and sometimes they will meet you and make it very special. Ty & Peter (as ddeudeg suggested), but Scott Harvey and Axel Schug are also very down to earth.

Indeed, and even though they're over in Napa, it seems like you'll have plenty of time to fit them in. I should have mentioned calling ahead. Scott will take great care of you if he's not up to his ears stomping grapes. To get in to see Jeff at Chase (see the July 14 w.w offer), an appointment is a must, but well worth it. Speaking of which, Chase wasn't on the rpm tour, but that reminds me to suggest that many of the wine.woot previous offers would be good places to visit.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
ddeuddeg wrote:Given those 2 choices, I'd go with the sausage, but this zin is a bit more versatile than most, IMHO.
However, it's unlikely anyone will be basing decisions on your report, since it sold out more than 24 hours ago.

It is by no means limited by those two things, that's just what I was thinking at the moment. Butcher closes @ 6 so the options are limitless! So about this next offering, WD said no wine.... any thoughts? I could really go for some primo EVOO

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Woo Hoo!!! Just got three boxes filled with Zahtila and Wellington wine! Now I just need to open up some space for it all, along with the zin yet to arrive.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

bkarney wrote:It is by no means limited by those two things, that's just what I was thinking at the moment. Butcher closes @ 6 so the options are limitless! So about this next offering, WD said no wine.... any thoughts? I could really go for some primo EVOO

Anyone who makes the extra effort to go to an actual butcher is OK by me. Where you at?

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
MarkDaSpark wrote:You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

i think its a princess bride joke

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis