kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I am glad I didn't hesitate. I hesitated hesitating, but man, I am glad I am in. This will be gone by tomorrow.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
ddeuddeg wrote:Either you're sure she doesn't read this, or you really like living dangerously. Good luck.

She only knows of Woot because I usually let her know after the fact when I buy something ;) Either that or she looks over at my laptop and sees it open!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

dreamchaser83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamchaser83

here's to superheroes, my love of red ZINs since (Noceto), and impulsive decisions at 1am EST

...still exploring the vino

• Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
  • Chaucer's Mead Trio
  • Vino Noceto Quartet
  • Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
  • Iron Horse Sparkling Two Pack with Four Wine Flutes
  • Yorkville Cellars Trio

maassen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maassen

Not a wine guy, but I'm in. I hope these turn out better than my last Wine.Woots. They took forever to ship, sat all weekend in a warehouse an hour and a half from my house in 90 degree weather, and tasted like expensive grape juice after they arrived.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

And the button she is a bouncing!!

Edit: Nevermind. It's been noted already.

But it did force me to click the big gold button!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:And the button she is a bouncing!!

Edit: Nevermind. It's been noted already.

But it did force me to click the big gold button!

Yeah, Sparky! Beat 'ya! In for 1.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

moonwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonwick

Wooo, got in right before the sellout. Lucky me. =D

DinkumThinkum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DinkumThinkum

Question: Great name for a wine, or greatest name for a wine?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:See if your name was Cheron you could replace months with seconds.

Not one of your slaves, Cat, but if I were, my name would be SPARTACUS!

No,I'm Spartacus!

Wait, didn't they want to kill Spartacus? Nevermind, HE'S Spartacus!

Seriously, it's him.

CT | | | | | |

tpftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpftw

Holy Cow !!! a woot wine sellout at 11:01 on Monday!!
I am InVineratored about this InZinerator....
sorry maybe not that punee

jgwinett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgwinett
sarahhuddy wrote:I just became a member of this site because I heard InZINerator was featured on it today and HAD to comment!!

I've been working for Scott Harvey Wines as a graphic designer and illustrator for almost two years now and have to tell you guys- this WINE IS DELICIOUS. It's just a wonderful blend. And Mike, the artist, has been a great friend of mine for years now, so I can vouch for his talent- it's superior. The labels are unlike anything out there and are definitely worth the purchase alone! The wine paired with the artwork makes it a perfect purchase!!!

****What this website doesn't mention is that one of the labels has been discontinued (the one that is pictured on the right, with the guy holding the bottle out in front of him), and a new label with a new character is currently being bottled! SO, BUY THE 3 PACK AND GET ALL OF THE 3 ORIGINAL LABELS WHILE THEY LAST!!! With shipping costs, it makes more sense anyway! The new label should come out any day now.

If you splurge on just one wine this month, make it this one. Scott Harvey, Jana Harvey, Michael Harants and everyone else at the winery are amazing and so is this wine!!!!

Thanks, very helpful info,I have been waiting for these also.

,Bacon Salt,Breville BES400XL Espresso Machine,Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Laser Mouse
Netgear RangeMax Wireless 2.0 Adapter,Micro Bullet RC Helicopter,Kingston 2GB Micro SD
Laser Level,Kingston 2GB MicroSD,Dazzle DVD Recorder,Versa Wrench 12”Ratcheting Wrench
Ideazon Reaper Gaming Mouse DigiPro Graphics Tablet,Hamilton Beach Ensemble Blender,Everglide S-500 Headphones,Stanley 20 Piece Socket Set,Screaming Monkey
Shut Up and WOOT!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

I leave early for one measly evening and you guys don't have the common decency to hold one steenkin' 3 pack for me...I am depressed.

Way to go Scott...guess I'll just have to buy multiples of the second offering.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86

Wow. Wanted to wait a day, but damn. Bad for me, good for my wallet.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jwhite6114

Clues?

CT | | | | | |

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed it, thanks guys........

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

jwhite6114

andyduncan wrote:As far as number of bottles of a single wine, however, I think it might be up there. Most of the single-wine offerings don't sell as many units for obvious reasons.

The relevant stat is sales pace -- this way an offer of 250 does not get an unfair advantage over an offer of 1,600.

Over the past six months, this has sold at the fastest pace of any non-wootoff wine offer (non wine items have sold faster). The TC offer, when blended across the 2004/2006 Merlot was actually slightly slower, though the first 1,000 sold at a blistering pace (more than twice as fast as this deal).

CT | | | | | |

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Missed this, damn.

Scott, any idea if your wines are distributed in NE Ohio? Cleveland - Akron?

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

whoa, looks like i'm going to need to steal a bottle from cesare.

signed.

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
mewalk707 wrote:Napa Valley Marriott (Napa)
Silverado Resort (Napa)
The Meritage Resort (Napa)
Villagio Inn (Yountville)
John Muir Inn (Napa)
Hilton Garden Inn (Napa)
Napa River Inn (Napa)
River Terrace Inn (Napa)
Napa Valley Lodge (Yountville)

thanks alot! to you and everyone who helped out on this! this will all be really helpful for this coming february/march. i'll be sure to post tasting notes from dnasquestthroughnapa when i do go!

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

jwhite6114

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:thanks alot! to you and everyone who helped out on this! this will all be really helpful for this coming february/march. i'll be sure to post tasting notes from dnasquestthroughnapa when i do go!

You should buy woot offers directly from wineries while you're there and count them on your "quest to black".

CT | | | | | |

dnasquesttoblack3000

jwhite6114 wrote:You should buy woot offers directly from wineries while you're there and count them on your "quest to black".

that's a great idea i'm gonna have to push really hard for people to go to alot of the woot vineyards...or maybe just plan a couple of days after the fact for a dna woot tour!

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck

Oh the humanity!!!

I have been patiently awaiting this offering since the last Scott Harvey woot. I even PM's Scott to see if this was going to be offered.

Then, I take 1 long weekend, come back to the office on Tuesday morning, and BAM!! There is the wine I have been waiting for!!!

Trembling, I slide the mouse down to click the "I Want One" button, but wait.... I can't find it... All I see is... S-O-L-D O-U-T

In the words of Good Ol' Charlie Brown: AAUGH!!!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Yes, it will be an annual offering. .8% RS is actually lower than a lot of the new world style zinfandels have. Dryness is always a balance of acidity and RS. The acid is high (.7) with the pH being low at 3.4 so at .8 RS the wine is still perceived dry. In Germany a wine can legally be labeled dry if it is with in 2 tenths of the acidity. So, a Riesling with .9 acid can have as much as 1.1% residual sugar and still be labeled as dry (troken). This wine falls within the same definition with a .7 acid and .8 RS.

ahhh. actually makes a lot of sense. thank you, Scott, for that lil' gem of knowledge.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
nycanuck wrote:Oh the humanity!!!

I have been patiently awaiting this offering since the last Scott Harvey woot. I even PM's Scott to see if this was going to be offered.

Then, I take 1 long weekend, come back to the office on Tuesday morning, and BAM!! There is the wine I have been waiting for!!!

Trembling, I slide the mouse down to click the "I Want One" button, but wait.... I can't find it... All I see is... S-O-L-D O-U-T

well, he might be back w/ more Wednesday at midnight. or he might not.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:You can't be serious. It's Bowtie. He practically adores you.

Hmmmm, not sure how to answer that without coming off rude. But I do not "adore" anyone. Possibly my wife and kids, but that'd be pushing it. Cat's a cool girl though, and she did use the term bastich once so she's pretty high on my list of cool.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Scott, is there any chance these will be available through "normal" distribution channels in NH - e.g. the state liquor outlets? As dna pointed out, NH was not on the ship-to list for this offering. I'm interested in trying the wine, though. The alternative would be to visit your winery in person -- which may be in the cards come mid-November. DW and I are planning to visit our daughter in California and hope to make some side trips to wineries while there.

Dude... wait, what?

jwhite6114

nycanuck wrote:Oh the humanity!!!

But maybe Thursday will be the Barbera -- you GOTTA have that one!

CT | | | | | |

dnasquesttoblack3000

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I would recommend the Silverado Country Club in the city of Napa. Let me know and I'll come down and do a private tasting for the group.

hey scott! that might be in the cards! i will for sure let you know - we love our wine in our group (friday group meetings are byo-bottle) and are planning our next conference in napa accordingly!

the quest:

dnasquesttoblack3000

ScottHarveyWines wrote:Yes, it will be an annual offering. .8% RS is actually lower than a lot of the new world style zinfandels have. Dryness is always a balance of acidity and RS. The acid is high (.7) with the pH being low at 3.4 so at .8 RS the wine is still perceived dry. In Germany a wine can legally be labeled dry if it is with in 2 tenths of the acidity. So, a Riesling with .9 acid can have as much as 1.1% residual sugar and still be labeled as dry (troken). This wine falls within the same definition with a .7 acid and .8 RS.

so - sometimes when i try a riesling, i note that its sweet, but something on the finish seems to 'clean the sweetness up' out of my mouth. so i dont feel like its coated with sugar at the end. its something i really like in some rieslings. is this 'clean up agent' the acidity? are sweet things a base, and the acidity neutralizing it? so then a high acid wine with a high RS wine can still taste dry after a few seconds?

the quest:

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
mewalk707 wrote:Napa Valley Marriott (Napa)
Silverado Resort (Napa)
The Meritage Resort (Napa)
Villagio Inn (Yountville)
John Muir Inn (Napa)
Hilton Garden Inn (Napa)
Napa River Inn (Napa)
River Terrace Inn (Napa)
Napa Valley Lodge (Yountville)

I work for a non-profit that does a lot of events. Some very small and some extremely large. We have used the first four on the list above. I didn't do the planning so I cannot give you that perspective, but as an attendee everything was wonderful.

The others on the list say they can hold a group of 50...

Hope that helps.

Gotta chime in for
Sonoma Valley Inn
Rennaisance Lodge at Sonoma
Sonoma Mission Inn
Ramekins (this is a cooking school and could make for a really fun team building event)

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
nycanuck wrote:Oh the humanity!!!<snip>All I see is... S-O-L-D O-U-T

I always check on my phone now if I am out of town and not near a computer...can't afford to miss some of these now that I'm hooked!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

Aw, Dang! This wouldve been my first wine.woot purchase if some jerk didnt buy the last set of bottles before I could. Hmph...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:You can't be serious. It's Bowtie. He practically adores you.

Aw, how sweet!

Wait... PRACTICALLY adores me? So does that mean he does, or almost does but not quite and thus DOESN'T adore me...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

Oh poo!!! I was planning on buying, I even checked at 8:30pm or so last night and the button was not bouncing. Then this morning I come in, ready to buy, and my ship has sailed! Woe is me!

cheron98

smartheart wrote:1. Will this be the quickest wine.woot sellout ever?

The first of the most recent Ty Caton triplet went within 14 hours. That, I believe, holds the record.

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:The relevant stat is sales pace -- this way an offer of 250 does not get an unfair advantage over an offer of 1,600.

Over the past six months, this has sold at the fastest pace of any non-wootoff wine offer (non wine items have sold faster). The TC offer, when blended across the 2004/2006 Merlot was actually slightly slower, though the first 1,000 sold at a blistering pace (more than twice as fast as this deal).

And Spreadsheet Man strikes again...

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:Hmmmm, not sure how to answer that without coming off rude. But I do not "adore" anyone. Possibly my wife and kids, but that'd be pushing it. Cat's a cool girl though, and she did use the term bastich once so she's pretty high on my list of cool.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

Can't reed real good.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Well - I emailed service@ and I won't say what they said here, but I'm interested to find if my wine will be delivered. Should make for an interesting few weeks. Congrats to SH!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jwhite6114 wrote:But maybe Thursday will be the Barbera -- you GOTTA have that one!

With all the praise for the Barbera, I'm kinda hoping NOT to see it. August is already my most expensive woot month ever, and another must-have on Thursday would make my poor credit card cry.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?