BobboinAVL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobboinAVL
johannafin wrote:Ok I know I'm late to the party, but no NC!!! What WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! in Raleigh made that decision? I've kinda considered myself better than the rest of you because NC is always on the list. I loved the previous Scott Harvey offering. Can Thursday be a plain old boring Scott Harvey label? Huh, Huh, pretty please?

Edit: Oh and I was in World Market today and they had the naked Cycles Gladiator label. That's ok, but "comic books" aren't?

Johanna

PM me if you want and you can piggyback your order to a G'ville ship address I have mine going to. Mother-in-law and she doesn't take a cut. Nor do I.

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69

Oh, and btw, not to sidetrack this discussion, but we just popped the cork on our Mumm Cuvee Red last night, and HOLY HELL....THAT WAS SPECTACULAR BUBBLY!! The Cuvee M Blue was outstanding as well (still have yet to open the brut). I've had much more expensive bubbly, but both of these were far, FAR superior to bottles 3X price. Had I but known, I would have been in for 3! CURSES!!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

How about those labels!!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:hey everyone - our working group is trying to plan a small conference in napa or sonoma. basically about 50-ish people. we'd like to be able to stay somewhere, and then have that place have a room where we could stick about 50 people, have a projector, and give talks and stuff. basically, talks in the morning, wine in the afternoon!

does anyone have any suggestions for such a place?

thanks!

Napa Valley Marriott (Napa)
Silverado Resort (Napa)
The Meritage Resort (Napa)
Villagio Inn (Yountville)
John Muir Inn (Napa)
Hilton Garden Inn (Napa)
Napa River Inn (Napa)
River Terrace Inn (Napa)
Napa Valley Lodge (Yountville)

I work for a non-profit that does a lot of events. Some very small and some extremely large. We have used the first four on the list above. I didn't do the planning so I cannot give you that perspective, but as an attendee everything was wonderful.

The others on the list say they can hold a group of 50...

Hope that helps.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Yes, it will be an annual offering. .8% RS is actually lower than a lot of the new world style zinfandels have. Dryness is always a balance of acidity and RS. The acid is high (.7) with the pH being low at 3.4 so at .8 RS the wine is still perceived dry. In Germany a wine can legally be labeled dry if it is with in 2 tenths of the acidity. So, a Riesling with .9 acid can have as much as 1.1% residual sugar and still be labeled as dry (troken). This wine falls within the same definition with a .7 acid and .8 RS.

Scott, why did you choose Germany to go to school? It's not the first country I think of when I think wine, though they turn out some great wines.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

zolaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zolaster

Last wooter to woot: zolaster

Loved my first wine woot, lets see if it because habit forming...

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
ddeuddeg wrote:Yours apparently isn't the only state like that. He may not have obtained a permit to ship from the winery direct to Georgia, but has one for this offering. I don't know the marketing intricacies, but it's not unheard of. But since the offer has GA on the list, go for it.

Thanks for the info, and I'm still on the fence.
I want something different from my previous(yet to be shipped) purchase- 3 each of the Wellington 2006 Noir de Noirs- Old Vines, Syrah- Sonoma Valley Estate, and
Grenache- Estate Sonoma Valley.
Being a newbie to fine wines, I'm wondering if to buy this or wait until the next offering midweek.
~indecisive newbie here, and heartburn has been a problem the last few times I drank wine, so I'm gambling~

edit: Does the Buy button start bouncing when inventory gets low, as with the regular Woot? .

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
wootvirgin69 wrote:Oh dude, don't rub it in...that list was pretty impressive. I had previous plans for Sat. night, and try as I might, was not able to get out of them. We had already bought tickets and stuff, so it just was not in the stars for me. That's OK, I'm already in for the next one, unless a comet hits the planet or something.

That would be the October Surprise

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
psmurf wrote:
edit: Does the Buy button start bouncing when inventory gets low, as with the regular Woot? .

yes it does

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
wootvirgin69 wrote:Oh, and btw, not to sidetrack this discussion, but we just popped the cork on our Mumm Cuvee Red last night, and HOLY HELL....THAT WAS SPECTACULAR BUBBLY!! The Cuvee M Blue was outstanding as well (still have yet to open the brut). I've had much more expensive bubbly, but both of these were far, FAR superior to bottles 3X price. Had I but known, I would have been in for 3! CURSES!!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

How about those labels!!

Check my post in the pub.
And L's $.02

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
Loweeel wrote:If room-sharing isn't an issue, Mayacamas Ranch. Conveniently located near Vincent Arroyo and Zahtila.

If Calistoga is an option you could also try Solage. They’re the new kids in town. Probably pricey, but conveniently located just outside of town.

And to bring this back to the current offering... I’m in for 1.

On another note... only one more post and I will break into double digits. And it only took 15 months. Wahoo!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mewalk707 wrote:If Calistoga is an option you could also try Solage. They’re the new kids in town. Probably pricey, but conveniently located just outside of town.

On another note... only one more post and I will break into double digits. And it only took 15 months. Wahoo!

See if your name was Cheron you could replace months with seconds.

Not one of your slaves, Cat, but if I were, my name would be SPARTACUS!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
mewalk707 wrote:If Calistoga is an option you could also try Solage. They’re the new kids in town. Probably pricey, but conveniently located just outside of town.

Here's betting that the next 10 take you less than 15 months! Hope to see you around.

Having the Red Dot Wellington Mystery Tonight, and I have no idea what this is. The only thing that I've been reasonably assured of when drinking these two bottles is change. Cruel, also delightful change. Both bottles(Red and Orange) have been experiences unto themselves, and I look forward to hearing what exactly they are.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

sandtrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandtrap

I have picked this lovely offering to be my first every "Buy 2". And I did it without waiting for the labrats!!!

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: sandtrap

nabworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabworth

just popped my wine woot pimple for these bad boys

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda

I try and be good. I have waaaayy too many bottles to drink now, but NOOO. Sigh. In for two.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:The promised unofficial La Brat report:

packed

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:See if your name was Cheron you could replace months with seconds.

I'm not sure whether to be offended or complimented at this statement...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

The yellow button is bouncing.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
psmurf wrote:Thanks for the info, and I'm still on the fence.
I want something different from my previous(yet to be shipped) purchase- 3 each of the Wellington 2006 Noir de Noirs- Old Vines, Syrah- Sonoma Valley Estate, and
Grenache- Estate Sonoma Valley.
Being a newbie to fine wines, I'm wondering if to buy this or wait until the next offering midweek.
~indecisive newbie here, and heartburn has been a problem the last few times I drank wine, so I'm gambling~

Even now, it bounces. I humbly advise haste, dear self-described newbie. This is truly a user friendly wine, just as Scott's website says.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
bahwm wrote:The yellow button is bouncing.

Holy Manos, the Hands of Fate, it is! And it's only a Monday night! Whatever will we do until Thursday?! Bah, I guess I will pass on this one, even though I was interested in the beginning. I would need more time to come to a real decision, and failing being given that time, I must pass. Sorry, Scott, you sound like an awesome guy, but that's just how i roll.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

ddeuddeg

ddeuddeg wrote: ....Now to keep SWMBO from ordering more....

Ovaltina, my goat, she fell victim to the hypnotic bouncing button. Or she read my notes. Wait, she helped write them.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bahwm

thrawn1020 wrote:Holy Manos, the Hands of Fate, it is! And it's only a Monday night! Whatever will we do until Thursday?! Bah, I guess I will pass on this one, even though I was interested in the beginning. I would need more time to come to a real decision, and failing being given that time, I must pass. Sorry, Scott, you sound like an awesome guy, but that's just how i roll.

He who hesitates shall lose and miss out on a wonderful wine. We just drank some earlier this evening.
Check the labrat reports for an informal review.

EDIT: Check signature below!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:I'm not sure whether to be offended or complimented at this statement...

You can't be serious. It's Bowtie. He practically adores you.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Bouncing button got me

Last wooter to woot: damightyanteater

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

bahwm

damightyanteater wrote:Bouncing button got me

Last wooter to woot: damightyanteater

Oh my! You already updated your last five woots! Yikes!

ddeuddeg

bahwm wrote:Oh my! You already updated your last five woots! Yikes!

I could never do that. I'm too slow. By the time I got that stuff updated, I wouldn't still be last wooter to woot.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

sucker: MaskedMarvel

Last wooter to woot: griffiths

ddeuddeg

psmurf wrote:Thanks for the info, and I'm still on the fence.

I see you're off the fence. You won't be disappointed. You have my personal guarantee.

lisafw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisafw

I was contemplating, researching, analyzing, more researching, and then I read that the yellow button was bouncing. Even though I saw no bounce, I pounced:

Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: lisafw

Heck, we love zin, we love SH wines (one of our first wine.woots). The bounce was just an excuse.

christmaspie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christmaspie

Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: christmaspie

And for the first time ever... I'm in for 2. I blame the Turley we had at the 3rd MN woot gathering.

Oh, hey. All I ever wanted was marshmallows on my sweet potatoes...

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
ddeuddeg wrote:Even now, it bounces. I humbly advise haste, dear self-described newbie. This is truly a user friendly wine, just as Scott's website says.

Advice taken, although my wife is gonna kill me. Hey, it's for her... that's it.

Last wooter to woot: psmurf

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

ddeuddeg

psmurf wrote:Advice taken, although my wife is gonna kill me. Hey, it's for her... that's it.

Last wooter to woot: psmurf

She won't be disappointed, either.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

1. Will this be the quickest wine.woot sellout ever?

2. Are we certain the second offering of the week will be another Scott Harvey creation?

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219

My wife is pretty much going to kill me for buying this but I am very excited to just have these labels! We were in Napa in July and since then have been very addicted...we did a California Wine Tour with a total of 11 people on the limo bus and it was just incredible. On a side note, my Wellington Mystery pack was delivered Friday and my Wellington Noir de Noir x3 will be delivered tomorrow! Now, if only I can get lucky and be a labrat while my wife is on a work trip in Miami....

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
bahwm wrote:Oh my! You already updated your last five woots! Yikes!

It what I do when I buy evertime. Buy -> update sig -> post that I bought it on forums. Ha!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

ddeuddeg

smartheart wrote:1. Will this be the quickest wine.woot sellout ever?

2. Are we certain the second offering of the week will be another Scott Harvey creation?

No and no.

ddeuddeg

jp9219 wrote:My wife is pretty much going to kill me for buying this but ...(snip)... Now, if only I can get lucky and be a labrat while my wife is on a work trip in Miami....

Either you're sure she doesn't read this, or you really like living dangerously. Good luck.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
ddeuddeg wrote:No and no.

As far as number of bottles of a single wine, however, I think it might be up there. Most of the single-wine offerings don't sell as many units for obvious reasons.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

UltraV21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UltraV21

First wine.woot for me

Last wooter to woot: UltraV21

Yes, the Bouncy is what made me pull the trigger, pretty bottles and a good sugar content doesn't hurt either ;)

ddeuddeg

andyduncan wrote:As far as number of bottles of a single wine, however, I think it might be up there. Most of the single-wine offerings don't sell as many units for obvious reasons.

Agreed. Also, I deliberately disregarded the 14 hour TC sellout on the basis of a technicality.