Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:hey everyone - our working group is trying to plan a small conference in napa or sonoma. basically about 50-ish people. we'd like to be able to stay somewhere, and then have that place have a room where we could stick about 50 people, have a projector, and give talks and stuff. basically, talks in the morning, wine in the afternoon!

does anyone have any suggestions for such a place?

thanks!

If room-sharing isn't an issue, Mayacamas Ranch. Conveniently located near Vincent Arroyo and Zahtila.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

vtstan has alerted me to an order issue with NC - If w00t let you order, and you're shipping to NC, it changes your state to CA automatically. Bummer. NC orders should prolly email service@woot.com - thanks for the heads up, vtstan!

I'm looking for a sneak attack from nallie for FirstSucker now... ;)

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
wootvirgin69 wrote:Wait, let me get this straight...a very affordable Cali Zin, low acidity, .8 RS (meaning very drinkable in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE), and a great label to boot? This is a tough one....let me think about it....OK, done (just enough time to click that nice gold button).

Dood, u missed primo wine experience Sat.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus

I couldn't pass up a well priced, awesome bottle, zin. In for one and not joking, broke.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sarah40460

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah40460

I, too, am hoping for labrattery, even though I imagine it's a little too late to mention. I normally spend all week (or lately, a half of a week) studying the commentary to decide if it's something I would like at all. This is the first time I've jumped in before the 10 am mark. I'm only sorry I missed out on the first deal from this winery however long ago it was.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in food."

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
MaskedMarvel wrote:vtstan has alerted me to an order issue with NC - If w00t let you order, and you're shipping to NC, it changes your state to CA automatically. Bummer. NC orders should prolly email service@woot.com - thanks for the heads up, vtstan!

I'm looking for a sneak attack from nallie for FirstSucker now... ;)

Bummer! And you had a solid hold on second place -- now back to a tie for second-most first suckers. For a week, anyway.

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
shh64 wrote:Yea, sounds like a good choice. You really did have a bad (or maybe good) habit, so going cold turkey was the way to go...

Oh yeah, that's why I didn't just pair down to 10-20 titles. It had to be all or nothing.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

Love Zins, but been a lot of them lately - I went in for 6 Chase and 2 Wellington, and have a few others. And SH is saying to drink sooner rather than later ... hmm

Not sure if in for 1 or 2

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

polarbear22

quality posts: 34 Private Messages polarbear22
tkastorff wrote:Love Zins, but been a lot of them lately - I went in for 6 Chase and 2 Wellington, and have a few others. And SH is saying to drink sooner rather than later ... hmm

Not sure if in for 1 or 2

Just looked at your sig -- is life long enough for bad white wine?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tkastorff

polarbear22 wrote:Just looked at your sig -- is life long enough for bad white wine?

good point

not much of a white drinker though, unless Carneros Chard, or Rieslings

and of course, it was a quote stolen from somewhere

polarbear22

tkastorff wrote:good point

not much of a white drinker though, unless Carneros Chard, or Rieslings

and of course, it was a quote stolen from somewhere

Gotcha. I have just seen, life is to short to drink bad wine. So that would include most whites for you in definition of bad. (Along with white zin if you want to think of it as wine.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
polarbear22 wrote:CT wootlegger here if needed.

ah thanks PB - i'd take it if i lived a bit further south or west. i make it up to NH reasonably often to go camping, surfing, and hopefully this winter, snowboarding. but i hardly ever drive southerly. i do appreciate it though, and should a ty come up, i may have to make a special exceptional trip

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

polarbear22

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:ah thanks PB - i'd take it if i lived a bit further south or west. i make it up to NH reasonably often to go camping, surfing, and hopefully this winter, snowboarding. but i hardly ever drive southerly. i do appreciate it though, and should a ty come up, i may have to make a special exceptional trip

You got it. And storage is not an issue, so you don't have to get it right away.

My Cellar

kramsauer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramsauer

Tried and tried and tried to resist. I know I have commented that I have no room before, but this time I'm serious. I've stuffed the storage and jammed the fridge with whites. I was happy to pass, but then I went back and saw what I said on CT about a previous Scott Harvey, and I gave in. Curse you woot.

Anyway, this was the first time I was able to actually see my name in lights on the main page:
Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: kramsauer

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

I went in for 2 this morning on my way to work (before the deadline that shall not be begged for... and I'm available should my number come up... I'm just saying...), if only to have something I can drink now. I'm also in because (as several of us discussed at the NoVa/DC #6 tasting) of Scott's active participation on the boards. I love supporting good people... especially if they make good juice.

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Truly zinful, but I confess I am in for one.

tkastorff

Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: tkastorff

In for 1 ...

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
canonizer wrote:Is it hard to get 3 labels for the same wine passed through the board of alcohol and tobaccy?

Could you comment further on the RS? Seems high compared to what we are used to, but the opportunity to purchase a non 15%+ zin excites me.

As far as the TTB thinks, they approved three different labels for three different wines. So we submitted three label approvals all with the same back label. I don't think they care that they are all in the same case of wine. I didn't ask them, anyway.

skizzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skizzy

Well, I just ordered from NC..
What do I do now?

ScottHarveyWines

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:hey everyone - our working group is trying to plan a small conference in napa or sonoma. basically about 50-ish people. we'd like to be able to stay somewhere, and then have that place have a room where we could stick about 50 people, have a projector, and give talks and stuff. basically, talks in the morning, wine in the afternoon!

does anyone have any suggestions for such a place?

thanks!

I would recommend the Silverado Country Club in the city of Napa. Let me know and I'll come down and do a private tasting for the group.

ScottHarveyWines

bhodilee wrote:Only 150 cases means:

Last wooter to woot:
me

150 cases means 600 three packs. David asked us to release some more if we could. We decided to take some that was committed out of state and released another 25 cases (100) three packs to woot.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
ScottHarveyWines wrote:150 cases means 600 three packs. David asked us to release some more if we could. We decided to take some that was committed out of state and released another 25 cases (100) three packs to woot.

Nice to be popular, isn't it?

Since the labels will be changing with each vintage now, will this be an annual offering? (Yes, I know I asked this before, but I must have missed the answer).

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
ScottHarveyWines wrote:150 cases means 600 three packs. David asked us to release some more if we could. We decided to take some that was committed out of state and released another 25 cases (100) three packs to woot.

Hmm, reasonably large amount of good, accessible wine, end of month, I smell a woot off.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

ScottHarveyWines

tenuki wrote:Any chance we can see a pic of the femnight label? Might have to pick a few of those up and try to get a couple girls I know to try more reds. Maybe it's wrong to assume they'd be more appealing to girls though?

I can't seem to be able to get the picture onto woot. Email me at scottharveywines@comcast.net and I'll send you the artwork and maybe you can get it onto the blog.

NX211

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NX211

Yummy!

ScottHarveyWines

coynedj wrote:Nice to be popular, isn't it?

Since the labels will be changing with each vintage now, will this be an annual offering? (Yes, I know I asked this before, but I must have missed the answer).

Yes, it will be an annual offering. .8% RS is actually lower than a lot of the new world style zinfandels have. Dryness is always a balance of acidity and RS. The acid is high (.7) with the pH being low at 3.4 so at .8 RS the wine is still perceived dry. In Germany a wine can legally be labeled dry if it is with in 2 tenths of the acidity. So, a Riesling with .9 acid can have as much as 1.1% residual sugar and still be labeled as dry (troken). This wine falls within the same definition with a .7 acid and .8 RS.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I can't seem to be able to get the picture onto woot. Email me at scottharveywines@comcast.net and I'll send you the artwork and maybe you can get it onto the blog.

EDIT: Just found a site that I could use to upload the pic easily without having to register an account. Here it is peeps!

It's REALLY frakkin' awesome! Great work Sarah!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

olabner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olabner

I'm in. I love Zin, but it was the Barbera that sold it for me. I love, Love, LOVE Barbera. An incredible varietal. I'm thinking of this wine with a homemade stuffed pizza. Any other suggested food pairings?

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

Agreeing with several other posters, I find it patently absurd that somebody is concerned about the labels appealing to underage drinkers. Knowing a few myself, a bottle of this wine, however great it may be, would be an expensive night at a bar for them, and at least 2 hours of work. Affording that would take a lot of dedication to your wine! Even for me, making a decent amount over the minimum here in IL, which is assuredly higher than many other places in the country, I don't have the money to purchase w.w's all the time. Wine is an expensive habit, to be sure. Now buying good wine? That's almost impossible.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Oops, sent an e-mail to Scott for the pic, guess I should have hit refresh or just assumed one of you crazy active people would beat me to it :P Thanks for posting HAK. Agreed, nice work Sarah.

Hmm, what other good wineries are there out in Amador? Maybe I should make a trip of it to pick some up later.

Edit: Oops, I'm confused, is Amador just where the grapes are from? The winery's in Napa though?

CT

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

How tall are the bottles?

I like to store my consumed bottles, but they don't all fit (sometimes too tall).

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

newfangled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfangled

My first woot ever...it had to be something like a cool zin 3 pack to make me pull the trigger...coupled with the fact that I have to ship it to a family members house in Cali because they can't ship to AZ....ugh, perhaps I should be thankfull, since I have a bad habbit of buying way too much wine. Especially when it is just a click away.

I could sign your yearbook if you want.

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
tripgrad wrote:Dood, u missed primo wine experience Sat.

Oh dude, don't rub it in...that list was pretty impressive. I had previous plans for Sat. night, and try as I might, was not able to get out of them. We had already bought tickets and stuff, so it just was not in the stars for me. That's OK, I'm already in for the next one, unless a comet hits the planet or something. And then, we'll have the tasting deep inside the sandstone caves of Missouri!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ddeuddeg

The promised unofficial La Brat report:
2004 InZINerator, opened at 5:45 PM, nice aromas of ripe dark fruits. Tried just a sip and decided it didn't need decanting, besides, Auntie doesn't have one.
This is a nice, easy-drinking wine with no noticeable heat, just as we expected at only 13.5% ABV. My first taste impression was plums, but bahwm noted dark cherries. There is certainly a lot of fruit here, and a great balance. We liked it a lot on its own, but it was also a really good complement to the selection of cheeses offered before dinner.
Auntie, who usually buys CS when she's in the store, liked it so much that she asked me to order her a set, and Cali cousin, who prefers white Zin (gasp!) to almost anything else, actually asked for more! We've only had a few days to try to educate her palate, and we haven't gotten far, but this one is a real winner. Now to keep SWMBO from ordering more. We're definitely out of room, and there may be another SH offering we won't be able to resist.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
dhouse87 wrote:First wine.woot purchase. What's the deal with labratting. How does one get selected?

Send lotsa money to WD39!!!!!!

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf

?
Got a question here for anyone with knowledge/experience.
WineWoot's page indicates that today's offering can be shipped to GA, but per Scott Harvey's website "Sorry this wine could not be added to your cart. We can not ship this wine to your state. ".
I assume that this wine cannot be shipped to me?? Or would it be re-routed(shipped from somewhere else) as to be legal?
Many thanks for an answer, as this looks really tempting.
~still waiting for the last Wellington trio(s) to ship... "shipping info received" for quite some time, maybe normal?~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

ddeuddeg

No, no, no! Signing up is free. Send an email to labrat@woot.com.
I'd make that a live link, but my notes aren't available to me on this computer

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

johannafin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johannafin

Ok I know I'm late to the party, but no NC!!! What WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! in Raleigh made that decision? I've kinda considered myself better than the rest of you because NC is always on the list. I loved the previous Scott Harvey offering. Can Thursday be a plain old boring Scott Harvey label? Huh, Huh, pretty please?

Edit: Oh and I was in World Market today and they had the naked Cycles Gladiator label. That's ok, but "comic books" aren't?

Johanna

44 Wine Woots; 17 Woots (6 woot off wines)

ddeuddeg

psmurf wrote:?
Got a question here for anyone with knowledge/experience.
WineWoot's page indicates that today's offering can be shipped to GA, but per Scott Harvey's website "Sorry this wine could not be added to your cart. We can not ship this wine to your state. ".
I assume that this wine cannot be shipped to me?? Or would it be re-routed(shipped from somewhere else) as to be legal?
Many thanks for an answer, as this looks really tempting.
~still waiting for the last Wellington trio(s) to ship... "shipping info received" for quite some time, maybe normal?~

Yours apparently isn't the only state like that. He may not have obtained a permit to ship from the winery direct to Georgia, but has one for this offering. I don't know the marketing intricacies, but it's not unheard of. But since the offer has GA on the list, go for it.

ddeuddeg

johannafin wrote:Ok I know I'm late to the party, but no NC!!! What WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! in Raleigh made that decision? I've kinda considered myself better than the rest of you because NC is always on the list. I loved the previous Scott Harvey offering. Can Thursday be a plain old boring Scott Harvey label? Huh, Huh, pretty please?

Edit: Oh and I was in World Market today and they had the naked Cycles Gladiator label. That's ok, but "comic books" aren't?

Johanna

I can't tell if you've seen Scott's post on this topic, but if not, you simply must. It's a hoot. Scroll back to 12:25 PM on page 3.