lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Joel says the artwork is really cool. That's good enough reason to order. Right??

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: jp9219

In for 1 and I now work from home most weeks (this week) and would love to labrat one of these...the wife is out of town and I am just sitting around waiting !!!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

jgwinett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgwinett

Just what I have been waiting for, in for 1, wish I had the cash for 2 but oh well...

,Bacon Salt,Breville BES400XL Espresso Machine,Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Laser Mouse
Netgear RangeMax Wireless 2.0 Adapter,Micro Bullet RC Helicopter,Kingston 2GB Micro SD
Laser Level,Kingston 2GB MicroSD,Dazzle DVD Recorder,Versa Wrench 12”Ratcheting Wrench
Ideazon Reaper Gaming Mouse DigiPro Graphics Tablet,Hamilton Beach Ensemble Blender,Everglide S-500 Headphones,Stanley 20 Piece Socket Set,Screaming Monkey
Shut Up and WOOT!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
lauratchi wrote:Joel says the artwork is really cool. That's good enough reason to order. Right??

Sure. You enjoy the inside, he can enjoy the outside. What a deal!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

sarahhuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahhuddy

I just became a member of this site because I heard InZINerator was featured on it today and HAD to comment!!

I've been working for Scott Harvey Wines as a graphic designer and illustrator for almost two years now and have to tell you guys- this WINE IS DELICIOUS. It's just a wonderful blend. And Mike, the artist, has been a great friend of mine for years now, so I can vouch for his talent- it's superior. The labels are unlike anything out there and are definitely worth the purchase alone! The wine paired with the artwork makes it a perfect purchase!!!

****What this website doesn't mention is that one of the labels has been discontinued (the one that is pictured on the right, with the guy holding the bottle out in front of him), and a new label with a new character is currently being bottled! SO, BUY THE 3 PACK AND GET ALL OF THE 3 ORIGINAL LABELS WHILE THEY LAST!!! With shipping costs, it makes more sense anyway! The new label should come out any day now.

If you splurge on just one wine this month, make it this one. Scott Harvey, Jana Harvey, Michael Harants and everyone else at the winery are amazing and so is this wine!!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
RyanAdams1337 wrote:Ok let's all listen to the story I am unfortunatly obligated to tell. So for the past couple of nights I have been waiting for a decent Zin to appear on woots magical list, and tonight that event actually happened. So I decide to read the ever so clear description and details about the wine to further insite my taste buds and anticipation. All is well until look upon the shipping details." What's this," mine eyes say to the brain, "I CAN ONLY GLADDEN MY MANLY HEART IF I LIVE IN CERTAIN STATES? How can this be?" Well being from Tennessee (a rather wet state if you catch my drift) I confidently flicked the screen of my iPod to scroll down to where I thought my state would surely be listed but to my suprise... IT WASN'T! I mean what the hell state legistlators? We can export millions of gallons of wiskey but I can't get a bloody bottle of wine in the mail? This is an outrage and I for one will not stand for it. All those in favor of killing those who set these laws in place reply, "aye!"

I'd say go for it, but I would imagine it's gonna kill your singing career.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mydoppelganger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydoppelganger

I'm looking for a wine to go with a roast. I was thinking about a syrah-cabernet sauvignon blend, but I wonder if this might be of greater interest. I'm buying wine for about 20 people, so I'll need 4-5 bottles. Thoughts?

I am not who I think I am.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
mydoppelganger wrote:I'm looking for a wine to go with a roast. I was thinking about a syrah-cabernet sauvignon blend, but I wonder if this might be of greater interest. I'm buying wine for about 20 people, so I'll need 4-5 bottles. Thoughts?

20 guests = 20 bottles. good luck!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

jharvpartnerinwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jharvpartnerinwine
Corrado wrote:So before I go and add this to CellarTracker, can someone confirm if these are NV offerings?

Scott will be here shortly. He's making juice. I just want to confirm that these wines are 2004 vintage.

free2scour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages free2scour

I'm in......My first WOOT!!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
eric9tx wrote:20 guests = 20 bottles. good luck!

You're bad at math, 20 guests = 40 bottles. Wait, I'm not invited? Okay 20 guests = 20 bottles

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

eric9tx

bhodilee wrote:You're bad at math, 20 guests = 40 bottles. Wait, I'm not invited? Okay 20 guests = 20 bottles

I had the same thought, but didn't want to shock him/her.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

whdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whdigital

I'm in for 1... My first WineWoot!

vtstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtstan

Wine David,

What the heck is the story with North Carolina?

I ordered 2 without even looking at the states listed as NC has never been excluded before. I need to know if it will be canceled and I will have to place my order again to have it delivered to my SC office instead.

Murphy's Law would say that I was going to be a Labrat and get the shaft.

Thanks!

mydoppelganger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydoppelganger
eric9tx wrote:I had the same thought, but didn't want to shock him/her.

Mydoppelganger is male. I'm not sure if you're saying that my guests drink quite a bit or that this offering is good enough that they'll want to.

I am not who I think I am.

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70
sarahhuddy wrote:I just became a member of this site because I heard InZINerator was featured on it today and HAD to comment!!

I've been working for Scott Harvey Wines as a graphic designer and illustrator for almost two years now and have to tell you guys- this WINE IS DELICIOUS. It's just a wonderful blend. And Mike, the artist, has been a great friend of mine for years now, so I can vouch for his talent- it's superior. The labels are unlike anything out there and are definitely worth the purchase alone! The wine paired with the artwork makes it a perfect purchase!!!

****What this website doesn't mention is that one of the labels has been discontinued (the one that is pictured on the right, with the guy holding the bottle out in front of him), and a new label with a new character is currently being bottled! SO, BUY THE 3 PACK AND GET ALL OF THE 3 ORIGINAL LABELS WHILE THEY LAST!!! With shipping costs, it makes more sense anyway! The new label should come out any day now.

If you splurge on just one wine this month, make it this one. Scott Harvey, Jana Harvey, Michael Harants and everyone else at the winery are amazing and so is this wine!!!!

This is the type of ringer I can respect. Openly discloses the fact that she's here specifically for that purpose, not trying to pretend she's just some regular joe who happens to like Scott Harvey wines.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
bhodilee wrote:You're bad at math, 20 guests = 40 bottles. Wait, I'm not invited? Okay 20 guests = 20 bottles

I love this place!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

chilidogfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chilidogfood

Mmmmm, tasty Zins...in for 1.

46 Wines Wooted

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
mandoo500 wrote:I NEED SOME HONEST OPNIONS HERE...
BETWEEN INZINERATOR AND POIZIN.... WHICH IS BETTER (I KNOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT SO THAT'S WHY I SAID OPINION)

actually, also anyone who could compare the armida surf-zin to the inzinerator would be very appreciated. i actually liked the surf zin a good bit more than the poizin (i think even last years is still quite too young...i have one bottle of last years left and will probably save it till next march/april)

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

eric9tx

mydoppelganger wrote:Mydoppelganger is male. I'm not sure if you're saying that my guests drink quite a bit or that this offering is good enough that they'll want to.

This is my first purchase of Scott's wine so I can't personally vouch for quality, but he has quite a few fans here on woot. And I was just saying that if your friends are anything like my friends (or myself for that matter), that 4-5 bottles would be sufficient for a taste, but not a "party"

213 wooted bottles

CT

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
polarbear22 wrote:JW - they also offer the three pack for $45, rather than $18/bottle. I think that comparison is more fair. Still a great deal.

I have updated the spreadsheet using the InZINerator 3-pack price, which is a pretty good deal, itself. However, and this is usually the case, no one can touch wine.woot shipping costs. Strangely, the winery 3-pack costs more to ship that 3 individual bottles (just a smidgen), so shipping costs are adjusted as well.

CT | | | | | |

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
crzycajn70 wrote:This is the type of ringer I can respect. Openly discloses the fact that she's here specifically for that purpose, not trying to pretend she's just some regular joe-SEPHINE who happens to like Scott Harvey wines.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

jwhite6114

polarbear22 wrote:Wasn't the InZin one of the wines that his nephew brought after Scott realized we were running short of wine? How can you not like a guy that goes to that effort to make sure our glasses remain full?

Also, by that point, observations for me were just thumbs up or thumbs down. So I could not have had any more to say on why it was good.

I think so. I also remember the Barbera being a wicked delicious wine.

Speaking of which, Scott, is the Barbera we had at Tra Vinge the same that is blended into this Zin?

CT | | | | | |

operknockity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages operknockity
jwhite6114 wrote:Thanks PB. I saw references to a "three-pack" on the website, but did not see a way to order it. I'll look again and update as approrpiate.

Here you go...

http://www.scottharveywines.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showDrilldown&productid=0c12766a-05a8-746b-9908-0f95de2e53c5&ProductCategoryID=09524aad-d8b9-5363-7e84-a440066fbbd6&OrderBy=PXPC.DisplayOrder%20Asc,%20P.Price1

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Sparky,

I know you got a couple bottles of this on the RPM tour, did you give notes yet? I havent' bothered to read as I've got to get ready for work, and it's funner to post meaningless already answered questions.

Nope, haven't opened them yet, but I thought they were yummy during the farewell dinner, and I think we also tasted them the day after at Scott's (Cesare, ktttest, ddeudig, & bahwm).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219
mydoppelganger wrote:Mydoppelganger is male. I'm not sure if you're saying that my guests drink quite a bit or that this offering is good enough that they'll want to.

General guidance for a dinner party is half a bottle per guest (assuming everyone drinks). So you would need 10 bottles. If you are having a dinner party for wine.woot wineaux, you would need a bottle per person. They were commenting on their lush-ciousness, not your guests.

Regarding your original question, I'd be more likely to pair elegant cab or big merlot with a roast than zin. I don't think the zin would be bad (and certainly Scott's wines are awesome) just not a traditional pairing.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
jwhite6114 wrote:If I say "aye", does this get added to my FBI file?

Just asking the question is enough - sorry.

jwhite6114

woopdedoo wrote:Just asking the question is enough - sorry.

Well how am I supposed to find out if I don't ask?

CT | | | | | |

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
jwhite6114 wrote:Well how am I supposed to find out if I don't ask?

See - there goes another entry into your file.

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:actually, also anyone who could compare the armida surf-zin to the inzinerator would be very appreciated. i actually liked the surf zin a good bit more than the poizin (i think even last years is still quite too young...i have one bottle of last years left and will probably save it till next march/april)

Thank you Thank you

I do want to try more zins and only memorable zin ever tasted was nonetheless POIZIN. ..

Thank you for your HONEST OPNION

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Ugh! Why oh why did I just have to read this thread? Late last night I almost went in for 2 simply because the labels look so kewl (and I do like Zin) before stopping myself because I've already made two purchases for August, am rapidly running low on funds again, and am SOOO far beyond my capacity it's not funny. I had to skip the first Scott Harvey offering back in March due to having already made multiple purchases that month.
But now I'm seeing too many rave reviews and even rpm saying he's gotta get some. *cry* What am I going to do?

WD, why'd you have to put Wellington and Scott Harvey in the same month?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Time to get on the board and tell you about the wine. First off the labels. Our nephew Michael Harants designed them all. After he finished graphics school at Long Beach State, we siad " Now that you're out of graphics school it's time to got too work" I said I wanted a label that he as a 26 year old would buy. He came up with three examples to choose from. Jana and I likes them all. With today's technology we decided to have them printed three up thus putting four bottles of each label in a case. The front labels are graphics only. It is the back label that tells you what the wine is and gives you the vintage date, which is 2004. Needless to say the labels have beeen a bit controversal, North Carolina has out lawed them all together saying they appeal to much to miners like Joe Camel does. Mike also designed the Jana label and the Angel ice label. He has sence gone off to be very succeseful in the graphic arts world. The next InZinerator bottling will have a new graphic designed by Sarah, who posted earlier. It is called the femnight. The future bottlings will rotate through different graphics with each bottling. Now about the wine. The wine is made to be user friendly and to have fun with. It's low pH of 3.4 allows it to have enough acidity to go with food, but it also has .8% residual sugar that allows it to be consumed alone with good company and a cigar as some of our fellow wine wooter did here at our place under the Napa Valley oaks next to the vineyard. It's lower alcohol allows it to be a wine by the glass where you can enjoy it for lunch and still go back to work. Again my European training showing through. This is the tail end of the vinatge, so we were only able to release 150 cases of wine for wine woot. After that, we'll have to wait for the new wine with Sarah's femnight label, which will be 2006 vintage. We did not bottle a 2005.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Time to get on the board and tell you about the wine. First off the labels. Our nephew Michael Harants designed them all. After he finished graphics school at Long Beach State, we siad " Now that you're out of graphics school it's time to got too work" I said I wanted a label that he as a 26 year old would buy. He came up with three examples to choose from. Jana and I likes them all. With today's technology we decided to have them printed three up thus putting four bottles of each label in a case. The front labels are graphics only. It is the back label that tells you what the wine is and gives you the vintage date, which is 2004. Needless to say the labels have beeen a bit controversal, North Carolina has out lawed them all together saying they appeal to much to miners like Joe Camel does. Mike also designed the Jana label and the Angel ice label. He has sence gone off to be very succeseful in the graphic arts world. The next InZinerator bottling will have a new graphic designed by Sarah, who posted earlier. It is called the femnight. The future bottlings will rotate through different graphics with each bottling. Now about the wine. The wine is made to be user friendly and to have fun with. It's low pH of 3.4 allows it to have enough acidity to go with food, but it also has .8% residual sugar that allows it to be consumed alone with good company and a cigar as some of our fellow wine wooter did here at our place under the Napa Valley oaks next to the vineyard. It's lower alcohol allows it to be a wine by the glass where you can enjoy it for lunch and still go back to work. Again my European training showing through. This is the tail end of the vinatge, so we were only able to release 150 cases of wine for wine woot. After that, we'll have to wait for the new wine with Sarah's femnight label, which will be 2006 vintage. We did not bottle a 2005.

Is it hard to get 3 labels for the same wine passed through the board of alcohol and tobaccy?

Could you comment further on the RS? Seems high compared to what we are used to, but the opportunity to purchase a non 15%+ zin excites me.

signed.

shh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shh64

In for two, one for me and one for a gift for a friend who shares my interest in both wine and graphic novels. Seeing the number available in Scott's post above, needed to jump on this now rather than wait until I get home from work tonight since it may not last that long.

Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: shh64

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jwhite6114 wrote:I think so. I also remember the Barbera being a wicked delicious wine.

I agree and had the same personal recollection. I really hope to see that on Thursday, and will be prepared to buy multiples when it does.

After getting 34 bottles delivered last Thursday, SWMBO is going to be a little ticked off that I am buying both this week. But Scott Harvey is up there with Wellington and Ty Caton for me.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
ScottHarveyWines wrote:This is the tail end of the vinatge, so we were only able to release 150 cases of wine for wine woot.

Oh oh. That means I've got to figure this out today!

Closetnerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Closetnerd

ok........pulled the trigger.
in for 2 based on all of the positive comments here, not to mention the pretty cool labels!

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Time to get on the board and tell you about the wine. First off the labels. Our nephew Michael Harants designed them all. After he finished graphics school at Long Beach State, we siad " Now that you're out of graphics school it's time to got too work" I said I wanted a label that he as a 26 year old would buy. He came up with three examples to choose from. Jana and I likes them all. With today's technology we decided to have them printed three up thus putting four bottles of each label in a case. The front labels are graphics only. It is the back label that tells you what the wine is and gives you the vintage date, which is 2004. Needless to say the labels have beeen a bit controversal, North Carolina has out lawed them all together saying they appeal to much to miners like Joe Camel does. Mike also designed the Jana label and the Angel ice label. He has sence gone off to be very succeseful in the graphic arts world. The next InZinerator bottling will have a new graphic designed by Sarah, who posted earlier. It is called the femnight. The future bottlings will rotate through different graphics with each bottling. Now about the wine. The wine is made to be user friendly and to have fun with. It's low pH of 3.4 allows it to have enough acidity to go with food, but it also has .8% residual sugar that allows it to be consumed alone with good company and a cigar as some of our fellow wine wooter did here at our place under the Napa Valley oaks next to the vineyard. It's lower alcohol allows it to be a wine by the glass where you can enjoy it for lunch and still go back to work. Again my European training showing through. This is the tail end of the vinatge, so we were only able to release 150 cases of wine for wine woot. After that, we'll have to wait for the new wine with Sarah's femnight label, which will be 2006 vintage. We did not bottle a 2005.

Thanks for popping in Scott (not that we didn't expect you not to). Just wanted to express my appreciation for all of your hospitality when we wooters ransacked your neck of the woods during the RPM tour. I didn't get a chance to sit at your table during our dinner nor visit with the other wooters during the post-tour smoke fest but it was a pleasure meeting you in passing and shaking your hand.

Now, on to these bottles, I get the impression that you made these to "drink now". During our tour, we were able to taste some wonderfully aged Zins. Do these bottles have the structure to be lain down for awhile (as I expect your previeously offered Amador bottles can)? Or should we just pop these during the next year or 2?

Also, why no 2005?

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: Lighter

He who hesitates - and so forth. Now that I've done the deal I've been reflecting on Scott's comment about his target audience. Did I just buy a 2008 version of Ripple?

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
ScottHarveyWines wrote:... Needless to say the labels have beeen a bit controversal, North Carolina has out lawed them all together saying they appeal to much to miners like Joe Camel does...

Inconceivable!