clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
Jopo528 wrote:Ok kids...this might be my 1st purchase on woot. My only reservation is that I don't like a lot of reds...I do like most Cabs, Pinot Noirs, ans a couple of Zins...I haven't foun a Merlot I like though....so with yalls professional opinions with that little info about my tastes, is it something I might like? Although I guess if I don't like it, Eric just inherited 3 bottles, llo

there are some really good merlot's out there.. they just aren't in the lower price range. I haven't figured out why yet.

RyanAdams1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyanAdams1337

Ok let's all listen to the story I am unfortunatly obligated to tell. So for the past couple of nights I have been waiting for a decent Zin to appear on woots magical list, and tonight that event actually happened. So I decide to read the ever so clear description and details about the wine to further insite my taste buds and anticipation. All is well until look upon the shipping details." What's this," mine eyes say to the brain, "I CAN ONLY GLADDEN MY MANLY HEART IF I LIVE IN CERTAIN STATES? How can this be?" Well being from Tennessee (a rather wet state if you catch my drift) I confidently flicked the screen of my iPod to scroll down to where I thought my state would surely be listed but to my suprise... IT WASN'T! I mean what the hell state legistlators? We can export millions of gallons of wiskey but I can't get a bloody bottle of wine in the mail? This is an outrage and I for one will not stand for it. All those in favor of killing those who set these laws in place reply, "aye!"

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Welcome back, Scott!!

But, how good is this deal?

Click the link above for price comparisons to the retail price, with and without shipping costs. You can also get CT prices, as well as other handy info.

CT | | | | | |

dixbry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dixbry

Just bought one. I would Absolutely LOVE to be a labrat for this.........

jwhite6114

eric9tx wrote:Haven't seen jwhite chime in yet, so FYI:
3-pack from the winery: $45.00
Shipping (to TX): $26.22
Sales tax (really?): $3.71

Total: $74.93

Sometimes I *am* actually asleep at 1:00AM (EDT) when the new offer comes up. In which case I try to get it posted before work the next morning.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

BobboinAVL wrote:Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: BobboinAVL

In for two - North Carolina is not of the list but I was able to buy anyway. Guess that's a typo.

Virginia IS on the list, here, but Scott Harvey's website will not ship to Virginia ... very strange.

Edit: I know Bobboin was talking about NC, not VA;just commenting on additoonal ship-to state strangeness.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

RyanAdams1337 wrote:Ok let's all listen to the story I am unfortunatly obligated to tell. So for the past couple of nights I have been waiting for a decent Zin to appear on woots magical list, and tonight that event actually happened. So I decide to read the ever so clear description and details about the wine to further insite my taste buds and anticipation. All is well until look upon the shipping details." What's this," mine eyes say to the brain, "I CAN ONLY GLADDEN MY MANLY HEART IF I LIVE IN CERTAIN STATES? How can this be?" Well being from Tennessee (a rather wet state if you catch my drift) I confidently flicked the screen of my iPod to scroll down to where I thought my state would surely be listed but to my suprise... IT WASN'T! I mean what the hell state legistlators? We can export millions of gallons of wiskey but I can't get a bloody bottle of wine in the mail? This is an outrage and I for one will not stand for it. All those in favor of killing those who set these laws in place reply, "aye!"

If I say "aye", does this get added to my FBI file?

CT | | | | | |

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

Just having trouble pulling the trigger on this one. My last 3 wine.woot orders still havent moved since ordering. Its been in the 70`s here. ????
I like the last Scott Harvey wines enough but.... dang it where are they?

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Yes!!!! more Zin!!!!! Love it. But where has all my money gone??

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

rpm

quality posts: 175 Private Messages rpm

Gotta try this! I hope I get to Labrat, WD.

We met Scott Harvey on the RPM Wine Tour and were very much impressed Scott and the wine he brought to dinner at Tra Vigne.

I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

Scott Harvey ships to Michigan now! I'm in!

I'D LOVE TO LABRAT THIS ONE.

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.030s

Last wooter to woot: marekny7

I had to be in on this one. In for one.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Sparky,

I know you got a couple bottles of this on the RPM tour, did you give notes yet? I havent' bothered to read as I've got to get ready for work, and it's funner to post meaningless already answered questions.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528
DinkumThinkum wrote:Try it. This comes from a respected winemaker who is active on the forums here, is at a relatively low price point compared to many of the wines that appear on w.w, and on the off chance that you really hate the wine, the epicness of the label art alone would probably make this a great gift for someone you know.

This is very true about the artwork, it's utterly amazing!

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jwhite6114 wrote:Welcome back, Scott!!

But, how good is this deal?

Click the link above for price comparisons to the retail price, with and without shipping costs. You can also get CT prices, as well as other handy info.

JW - they also offer the three pack for $45, rather than $18/bottle. I think that comparison is more fair. Still a great deal.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

In for 1 before I decide I have to be in for more than one. The labels alone are worth a purchase on this one.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

polarbear22

I recall tasting this wine in Napa and I liked it. More importantly, after sitting with Scott over dinner and hearing his approach to wine and learning what a great guy he is, I have to buy his wine. He is the type of winemaker I want to support.

As I type this, I realize that I have his business card on my desk which displays InZinerator.

My biggest dilemma is that we will see more of his wine here on Thursday, and I need to save capacity for that offer as well.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I'm in for one and I'll be home all day tomorrow if called upon for Labrat duties
-hint hint wink wink-

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
jwhite6114 wrote: Sometimes I *am* actually asleep at 1:00AM (EDT) when the new offer comes up. In which case I try to get it posted before work the next morning.

Just trying to help!

jwhite6114 wrote:If I say "aye", does this get added to my FBI file?

Too late. That happened as soon as you read it.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

jwhite6114

polarbear22 wrote:JW - they also offer the three pack for $45, rather than $18/bottle. I think that comparison is more fair. Still a great deal.

Thanks PB. I saw references to a "three-pack" on the website, but did not see a way to order it. I'll look again and update as approrpiate.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

polarbear22 wrote:I recall tasting this wine in Napa and I liked it. More importantly, after sitting with Scott over dinner and hearing his approach to wine and learning what a great guy he is, I have to buy his wine. He is the type of winemaker I want to support.

As I type this, I realize that I have his business card on my desk which displays InZinerator.

My biggest dilemma is that we will see more of his wine here on Thursday, and I need to save capacity for that offer as well.

Hear! Hear!

There is no wa I should be ordering this week, but I like the InZIN when we had it at Tra Vinge and Scott is such a cool guy. Even if crush keeps him away this weel, he has already shown his character many times on these boards (have you agreed to a regular blog yet, Scott?).

Then thinking Thursday could be more of his? I should probably just disable my Internet connection now.

Note: for those looking for substantiation of of my "I liked it" comment, I am sorry I have no notes from that dinner. I just recall thinking, "If this comes up on w.w, I'll have to get some."

CT | | | | | |

sasnakra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasnakra

OK, I can tell already this is going to another one of those weeks... ordering wine before 7:40 AM on a Monday morning! Wine.WOOT's outragiously BIG yellow button just makes it too darn easy! Why does something so wrong - feel SO right. Guess that this wild and crazy behavior could only be further topped by being selected as a LaRat - yes, that would be the icing on just such a week (but it's a chance that I am welling to take - for the good of the other WOOTers of course)

Block 13 Cabernet Sauvignon - 4 Pack; Sake One Sampler of Six with Gift Box; Three Screaming Purple Monkeys; Toothstejnn - 6 pack; Scott Harvey In-ZINerator threesome; Wellington Three-Pack + Mystery; Ty Caton 2005 - Field Blend Three-pack; Ty Caton Three-pack Sampler (1st group); Iron Horse Cabernet Franc - Three-pack; Epiphany Winery Spring Trio; Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack; Pedroncelli Quartet; Helix Three Pack + One; Vino Noceto Quartet

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Without hesitation... Last wooter to woot: bkarney

and my secretary will ensure that I don't miss any FedEx packages,

CT

jwhite6114

eric9tx wrote:Too late. That happened as soon as you read it.

Well at least I'll know you'll be there with me in that undisclosed offshore "holding facility" while the ivestigation drags on for years. We can trade stories of the wines we used to enjoy "on the outside."

CT | | | | | |

boaz38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

Im in da zin zone......im in da zin zone!! Touchdown~! In for one, for now......have to talk to the lady over in accounting to see if i can have another go at it............wish me luck me hearties!!!!

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87

First wine.woot purchase. What's the deal with labratting. How does one get selected?

IUnknown

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IUnknown

I'm definately in on this one for two. Last wooter to woot - IUnknown

Also, I get it shipped to work and would love to have a shot at being a labrat

Francis Coppola Reserve | Wellington Cabernet Collecton | Armida Armada | Bargetto Winery | Ty Caton Trio | Vino Noceto | Helix | Sadler-Wells | Wellington Cuveé R Syrah | Epiphany Winery | Iron Horse Cabernet | Dry Creek | Laura Zahtila Chard | Andretti Chard | InZINerator | Little Vineyards | Mumm | Willamette Pinot | Block 13 Cab | Maloy O'Neill Blend | Mandolina Case | K Vintners Syrah | Carneros Pinot Noir | Triacipedis | Domaine Chandon Rose

jwhite6114

dhouse87 wrote:First wine.woot purchase. What's the deal with labratting. How does one get selected?

wikipedia wrote:Beginning the week of October 7, 2007, wine.woot began a new practice dubbed "Labrat". Customers can ask to be a Labrat by sending e-mail to labrat@woot.com. Eligible customers who make a winery purchase through Wine.Woot by 10 AM Central Time Monday may automatically receive an additional bottle or more of that week's offer overnight. Labrats are expected to taste the wine and to comment about it on the wine.woot forums that week.[10] If the Thursday offer is also wine, Labrats may also be chosen from those orders placed before 10 AM Central Time Thursday.

You don't need to send a new e-mail each time -- once you're on the list you're on the list. Every time you purchase in time to qualify you could be a labrat. Begging for it is popular, though there is no evidence that works.

CT | | | | | |

chad1323ross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chad1323ross

Excellent! In for one and hoping for more Scott Harvey goodness on Thursday!

Edit: Scott turned me black!

222 bottles and counting.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
BobboinAVL wrote:Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack

In for two - North Carolina is not of the list but I was able to buy anyway. Guess that's a typo.

Typo, maybe. If you were betting on it, though, the safe money would be on seeing your order cancelled, and a credit issued, once they discover the error.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

pluthe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe

Scott Harvey wines are wonderful. We really loved the Cloud 9 wines that he made when he was the winemaker for Solomon Wines.

fseppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fseppy

In for one. Love my zins and am a sucker for pretty bottles. No labrat again this time, as I will once again be on the left coast all week. I feel that I'm building labrat karma for the week my life is not so much a tour of airports and a gaggle of meetings, but that of being home and sipping something excellent.

alansz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alansz

Right. In for zin!

Rock Hollow sextet (85), Helix three-pack plus one (90), Woot Cellars Humbug (88), Mumm Napa Sparkling trio (90), Montinore Estate Williamette trio (85), Armida Winery Poizin (95), SakeOne Sake quartet (92), C&T Cellars double-duo (88) (Ratings mine)

ddeuddeg

jwhite6114 wrote:You don't need to send a new e-mail each time -- once you're on the list you're on the list. Every time you purchase in time to qualify you could be a labrat. Begging for it is popular, though there is no evidence that works.

I'm sure jw meant to post a live link:
Sorry, read the next post.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

jwhite6114 wrote:You don't need to send a new e-mail each time -- once you're on the list you're on the list. Every time you purchase in time to qualify you could be a labrat. Begging for it is popular, though there is no evidence that works.

I'm sure jw meant to post a live link:
labrat info

polarbear22

jwhite6114 wrote:Note: for those looking for substantiation of of my "I liked it" comment, I am sorry I have no notes from that dinner. I just recall thinking, "If this comes up on w.w, I'll have to get some."

Wasn't the InZin one of the wines that his nephew brought after Scott realized we were running short of wine? How can you not like a guy that goes to that effort to make sure our glasses remain full?

Also, by that point, observations for me were just thumbs up or thumbs down. So I could not have had any more to say on why it was good.

My Cellar

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500

I NEED SOME HONEST OPNIONS HERE...
BETWEEN INZINERATOR AND POIZIN.... WHICH IS BETTER (I KNOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT SO THAT'S WHY I SAID OPINION)

ddeuddeg

IBcrashen wrote:Just having trouble pulling the trigger on this one. My last 3 wine.woot orders still havent moved since ordering. Its been in the 70`s here. ????
I like the last Scott Harvey wines enough but.... dang it where are they?

Try not to get too bummed. I know how you feel, the same thing happens here. Then there's an embarrassment of riches, like last week, when the rpm tour wines arrived, and the Wellington Mystery, AND the second Zahtila offering (I'm still waiting for the first) all at once. Since I'm out of space anyway, I can wait for this one, knowing it will be worth waiting for. In fact, I think I'll pop open the one I picked up at Scott's place last month tonight, just to heighten the sense of anticipation, in which case bahwm and I will get some notes on here later today.
BTW, kyle, since I'll be in for at least 2, I'll have some (empty) bottles to spare at some point in the future. If you decide you're serious about not being able to afford full ones, and you're that enthusiastic about the bottles, I'd be happy to hold onto them and send them to you.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

WD -- sent you an email early last week re: shipping issues.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Wasn't the InZin one of the wines that his nephew brought after Scott realized we were running short of wine? How can you not like a guy that goes to that effort to make sure our glasses remain full?

Also, by that point, observations for me were just thumbs up or thumbs down. So I could not have had any more to say on why it was good.

Same here. We were at his house the next day, and he poured over a dozen different ones for the 5 of us, bahwm, Cesare, kttest, Sparky, and me. I remember really liking the Barbera, and the InZIN is 24% Barbera. I know we tasted the InZIN, but memory fades quickly with that many wines and no notes. We were just relaxing under the big patio umbrella alongside the vineyard. Scott's a terrific host as well as a winemaker who takes his craft seriously. I'll have more later.

EDIT: BTW, WD, my willingness to share my thoughts on the current offering is not meant to disclaim my labrat eligibility. Indeed, I'll need my stock replenished ASAP. I know begging doesn't work, so I thought I try logic. Just trying to get in shape for next week's foray into the Honors Geometry classroom.