hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
Corrado wrote:Did we ever get anything? Shocked that it's 20 minutes to launch & no one is clamoring for hints. It *is* tonight, right?


All we know is that its not wine.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

psmurf wrote:A question for the Pros/Experienced here:
Has anyone received their Wellington Select - three pack, or any tracking info other than " Billing Information Received"?
My UPS info has been stuck there for a week now. GA was listed as a ship to state on the main page, but isn't on the blog page?? ... so I'm kinda concerned now.
I'm ready to email service@woot, but thought I'd ask here first... as not to waste Woot's time with a dumb question.

I'm also in for a Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack... looks yummy from the review above. Maybe the shipping info will be better, or maybe this is standard procedure??
~tia~



If you're on the east coast, there's a possibility that not all shipments got out on the Wednesday truck and some ended up going out with the second half of the week's wine. That would mean that the shipments should be arriving at the UPS hub and getting into the UPS tracking system Thursday for Friday delivery.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Corrado wrote:Did we ever get anything? Shocked that it's 20 minutes to launch & no one is clamoring for hints. It *is* tonight, right?



I believe WD said a couple days ago, "not wine"

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
hld1970 wrote:His name is actually Wallace Shawn and I met him many years ago in Balducci's in NYC.



Thanks! Keep wanting to reverse them. He is one of my favorite actors, and was perfect in the role of Vizzini...


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Daystar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Our distributor in NE Ohio is called Superior Beverage Group in Hudson Ohio. The phone number is 234 380-8098. Ask for Dan Kanuk or email him at dkanuk@superiorbeveragegroup.com



*giggles*! Called to the local store....3 bottle of inzin left for 13.99 each!

They are ordering the Barbera for me too. 15.99

LoonBoarder


quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
ScottHarveyWines wrote:We are not in NH. That is a really tough state. Closest is up state New York. Give me a call when you're in California 707 337-9202. If we're home, we'll just sit under the big oaks and enjoy some wine.



I saw that this offer shipped to CT, which may be closer. Do you distribute there?

Not sure if we'll be closer to LA or SF on our trip out. Our daughter is in Santa Clarita area...or maybe we could do a whirlwind tour of the state Depends on our friends' willingness to hop around.

Thanks!

Dude... wait, what?

ScottHarveyWines


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
LoonBoarder wrote:I saw that this offer shipped to CT, which may be closer. Do you distribute there?

Not sure if we'll be closer to LA or SF on our trip out. Our daughter is in Santa Clarita area...or maybe we could do a whirlwind tour of the state Depends on our friends' willingness to hop around.

Thanks!



In Connecticut, try Gia Cellars, 45 Great Hill, Naugatuck, CT 06770 203 729-0103. Hope to see you in northern Califronia.

tkastorff


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

got mine already today, look great ... can't wait to try one

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

philpotpie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages philpotpie
tkastorff wrote:got mine already today, look great ... can't wait to try one



Me, too. UPS tracking said tomorrow and I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived here in the office.

Well, kind of. The receptionist came by the cube farm and started with, "ADULT...
..
...
signature required.. are you an adult?"

Yay.

TacoPizzaBob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacoPizzaBob

I got me mine today!!! Haven't had a sip yet, but look pretty cool... Now if i could just get my V. Sattui to ship i'd be all set.

psmurf


quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
Corrado wrote:If you're on the east coast, there's a possibility that not all shipments got out on the Wednesday truck and some ended up going out with the second half of the week's wine. That would mean that the shipments should be arriving at the UPS hub and getting into the UPS tracking system Thursday for Friday delivery.



Thanks for the info, and to everyone else who replied. It looks like I'll be drinking beer for the Labor Day grill out, but that's not too bad.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

Prngr44


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

I do believe I was labratted!

I missed the shipment yesterday but my wife was home today to sign.

It's chillin' in the wine fridge and should be ready to drink in an hour or so.

Can't wait!!

I should probably add that I'm more like Jack in Sideways than a legit connoisseur.

Prngr44


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

My wife and I started off with a glass straight out of the bottle.

Like the others said, there was some distinct fruit scent that we really enjoyed.

My first taste felt like it was young; kind of tart and somewhat sharp. My wife swore she got some chocolaty overtones, but I didn't sense that. We definitely both liked it, but I had to warm up to it. A little sidenote: we're out in the country (okay, some say it's the sticks) of the St. Louis area. The fruit flies are HORRIBLE this year and opening the house up evidently let plenty of those bastards in. They LOVED the wine and literally swarmed the bottle. I was a man possessed with the fly swatter.

I really wish I could have paired this up with a nice meal but the wine stood up well on its own. I only ordered the 3 pack, and will probably be hitting up my wine merchant for a few more.

I felt it was a very good value and would recommend it to others.

maassen


quality posts: 2 Private Messages maassen
Prngr44 wrote:My wife and I started off with a glass straight out of the bottle.

Like the others said, there was some distinct fruit scent that we really enjoyed.

My first taste felt like it was young; kind of tart and somewhat sharp. My wife swore she got some chocolaty overtones, but I didn't sense that. We definitely both liked it, but I had to warm up to it. A little sidenote: we're out in the country (okay, some say it's the sticks) of the St. Louis area. The fruit flies are HORRIBLE this year and opening the house up evidently let plenty of those bastards in. They LOVED the wine and literally swarmed the bottle. I was a man possessed with the fly swatter.

I really wish I could have paired this up with a nice meal but the wine stood up well on its own. I only ordered the 3 pack, and will probably be hitting up my wine merchant for a few more.

I felt it was a very good value and would recommend it to others.



heh, wow. A St. Louis person. AND you have problems with Fruit Flies. It sounds like me.


Edit: Oh, and so far, I've ordered 3 Wine.woots and I've never once had to sign for them. They *always* just leave it on the front door step.

Prngr44


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44
maassen wrote:heh, wow. A St. Louis person. AND you have problems with Fruit Flies. It sounds like me.


Edit: Oh, and so far, I've ordered 3 Wine.woots and I've never once had to sign for them. They *always* just leave it on the front door step.



We just moved into our new house, so I'm guessing since the delivery guy doesn't know us he didn't leave it on the step. (Which stunk since it was 95 here yesterday; can't imagine how hot that truck was.)

daddybush


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddybush

weather is nice and cool in my neck of the woods. sure hope this thing ships this week!!!




dhouse87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87

My shipping status still says "billing information received." And it has for almost 2 weeks now. Any idea how long these things usually take to ship?

daddybush


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddybush
dhouse87 wrote:My shipping status still says "billing information received." And it has for almost 2 weeks now. Any idea how long these things usually take to ship?



im in the same boat. hopefully it will ship by next week.




Cowwboyy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cowwboyy

Finishing the first glass from my 3-pack now! Very fruity and tart indeed...definitely a worthy wine.woot purchase! I, too, will be thankful if my nearest wine merchant has more of these in stock, because I will be sharing, and of course drinking more for myself!

Oh, and UPS never asks for age verification, but I don't think it really matters.

**For shipping wonderers, though doubtful there are any remaining, I received my Wellington 4 pack and the InZINerator fairly quick, within 3-5 days after ordering online.

dhouse87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87

So what, was I just skipped over in being shipped to? What's the deal here.

TrevynPaige


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrevynPaige
dhouse87 wrote:So what, was I just skipped over in being shipped to? What's the deal here.



I'm in the same boat here in MN! I have a tracking info from 8/27 that says "billing ifnormation recieved" but no wine or date of delivery.

Unfortunately for me, this seems to happen often, regardless of season.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
TrevynPaige wrote:I'm in the same boat here in MN! I have a tracking info from 8/27 that says "billing ifnormation recieved" but no wine or date of delivery.

Unfortunately for me, this seems to happen often, regardless of season.



To quote Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Except that, in the case of woot shipments, we in Minnesota are three weeks from everywhere.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

jhallgren


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhallgren

Yeah... I'm in minnesota too - Billing Information Received 08/27/2008. So, it hasn't even been put on a truck yet or what? Annoying and will make me think twice on future Harvey wines.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jhallgren wrote:Yeah... I'm in minnesota too - Billing Information Received 08/27/2008. So, it hasn't even been put on a truck yet or what? Annoying and will make me think twice on future Harvey wines.



No, that means it has been put on a truck but hasn't made it to UPS yet. If I remeber the details right, UPS tends to leave wine in hot trucks/warehouses too often in the summer, and wine shipped long distances can get cooked. So, woot ships via refrigerated truck most of the way and then delivers it to UPS only for the final leg. But UPS can't track it until it gets delivered to them, so that's why we get that "billing information received" note. It's annoying, but WD really is taking steps to make sure that the wine we get is worth drinking!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

jhallgren


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhallgren

Thanks coynedj, that's good to know - But now I'm imagining "refrigerator truck road trip". Maybe they're trying to stay out of MN until the RNC and the storm troopers are gone.

bloczyns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloczyns

I'm in TX and still getting the "billing information received" message, so don't feel like MN gets all the love.

dhouse87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87

Same in WI.

I wanted for a get-together I'm having this evening.

Shame.

sherrileg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherrileg
bloczyns wrote:I'm in TX and still getting the "billing information received" message, so don't feel like MN gets all the love.



Same for me here in Georgia. I lost my spaghetti. =(.

You won't wake up. You're not dreaming. This is all real.

bloczyns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloczyns
sherrileg wrote:Same for me here in Georgia. I lost my spaghetti. =(.


I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who's missing out. I lost my spaghetti. =( too.

wootvirgin69


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
bloczyns wrote:I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who's missing out. I lost my spaghetti. =( too.



Hey, try being East Coast (DC)! Mine should arrive just before Thanksgiving.

cessna007


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cessna007
wootvirgin69 wrote:Hey, try being East Coast (DC)! Mine should arrive just before Thanksgiving.



Maybe mine will arrive by New Years. Still waiting.................

tomaste


quality posts: 13 Private Messages tomaste

Status: Billing Information Received

=(

shuree


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shuree
wootvirgin69 wrote:Hey, try being East Coast (DC)! Mine should arrive just before Thanksgiving.



Still waiting in St. Louis. Maybe Halloween for me =(

UltraV21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages UltraV21

Iowa - same here, all the bottles headed for the Midwest must be together laughing at us.

jgwinett


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgwinett

Billing info recieved message for me too, for the last two weeks, from Ga.

,Bacon Salt,Breville BES400XL Espresso Machine,Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Laser Mouse
Netgear RangeMax Wireless 2.0 Adapter,Micro Bullet RC Helicopter,Kingston 2GB Micro SD
Laser Level,Kingston 2GB MicroSD,Dazzle DVD Recorder,Versa Wrench 12”Ratcheting Wrench
Ideazon Reaper Gaming Mouse DigiPro Graphics Tablet,Hamilton Beach Ensemble Blender,Everglide S-500 Headphones,Stanley 20 Piece Socket Set,Screaming Monkey
Shut Up and WOOT!

cessna007


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cessna007

Getting very thirsty...still waiting.

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

No updates on the UPS data yet. Looking forward to this being delivered !


"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Oooh! Minnesota gets a delivery scheduled! For Wednesday!

Life is good.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Drez143


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drez143

Just got a date too! I checked it about 6 hours ago and nothing, but now I am expecting it Wed! (New York)

sherrileg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherrileg

Yay, me too! It made it to Illinois. 12 hours from the great state of Georgia, where I live. I'm hoping for a Wed. delivery, as well!

You won't wake up. You're not dreaming. This is all real.