bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
themostrighteous wrote:... except that, oh, um, AAARRRGGG!!!

i'm totally done. no point in arguing w/ the wall. fur realz.

EDIT: the prior use of the was intended to lighten our mutual intransigence. it worked on me. still waiting for it to work on you (though i haven't caught up w/ the rest of the thread yet).

Now we're talking about letting sleeping dogs lie, or is it lay?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:Ah, no, not done... okay I'll go wander off again...

i'm SO done.

until Saturday that is.

when Mr. White & i go MANO a MANO LIVE.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:Sweet -- I knew them Ozzie's were clever.

<slaps forehead in exasperation>

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
eric9tx wrote:Dammit. Still catching up.

(tee hee) -- glad you caught that!

CT | | | | | |

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Argh. broke my driver on the range today. I play these clubs from the 50's - real woods, ugly blades. I was already looking for a great deal on the Odyssey Sabertooth , and now I'm out of the game until I can find a driver to replace the set. Can't play a busy course with irons, as I learned today....

Bummer...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

You guys suck. I'm going home.

Fur realz.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

themostrighteous

bhodilee wrote:Now we're talking about letting sleeping dogs lie, or is it lay?

i will NOT be deprived of my opportunity to up my post count yet again. especially when this is the only game in town since those Sattui wines are apparently SO FRAKKIN' GOOD that the winery does not deem it worthy to make a second appearance in the forums to answer our questions. lame doesn't begin to cover it.

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:... except that, oh, um, AAARRRGGG!!!

i'm totally done. no point in arguing w/ the wall. fur realz.

EDIT: the prior use of the was intended to lighten our mutual intransigence. it worked on me. still waiting for it to work on you (though i haven't caught up w/ the rest of the thread yet).

better a wall than a pile of dung.

besides, you're brick face clashes with my stone facade.

CT | | | | | |

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
themostrighteous wrote:that depends on your definition...

Of "scared" or "womenfolk"?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:i'm SO done.

until Saturday that is.

when Mr. White & i go MANO a MANO LIVE.

I'll bring my hands of fate!

CT | | | | | |

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
bhodilee wrote:I'd do the same thing. You'd hate to get five years worth of wines and open one and be like, yeah, not my style.

Yeah, but I'm sure unloading anything you don't like wouldn't be a problem around here.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

I was going to attempt to catch up before heading in to work, but that's not going to happen. See ya'll later.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:i will NOT be deprived of my opportunity to up my post count yet again. especially when this is the only game in town since those Sattui wines are apparently SO FRAKKIN' GOOD that the winery does not deem it worthy to make a second appearance in the forums to answer our questions. lame doesn't begin to cover it.

So is this good news: Have to get NEW clubs!

or bad news: HAVE to get new clubs :sob:?

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
themostrighteous wrote:i will NOT be deprived of my opportunity to up my post count yet again. especially when this is the only game in town since those Sattui wines are apparently SO FRAKKIN' GOOD that the winery does not deem it worthy to make a second appearance in the forums to answer our questions. lame doesn't begin to cover it.

And this from the person who in last week's pub (or was it the week before? Old-timers is really setting in) called me a post whore .....

But the real question is will Cheron get to 3,000 before I get to 4,000? Only Mr. White has the stats ...... and we all go to NoVA/DC #6 this week!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:better a wall than a pile of dung.

besides, you're brick face clashes with my stone facade.

speaking about that pile of dung....

... having watched beaucoup Olympics over the last 9 days, i am reminded that all good athletes practice incessantly - and so i decided to prepare for this weekend's debauchery by popping open a bottle of 2002 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah Leeds-Chavez Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford). aka THE bottling of PS that started it all for me. it does not disappoint: nearly pitch black in color, brett-infused dark fruit melange on the nose, huge (but no longer overpowering) mouth w/ solid (but softening) tannins & a nice long finish. but, overriding it all, is that dirty diaper / poopy smell that some of you love to hate, some of you hate to love, and yet fewer of us still (C? andyduncan? definitely me) openly love. YUMMM!!!

themostrighteous

JOATMON wrote:Of "scared" or "womenfolk"?

the latter.

but to more important matters: The Rare WIne Co does not ship to Illinois (cuz my legislators are motherfrakking ratholes bitches), so i needz me a wootlegger in Wisconsin to get a hold of that intro Madeira trio you so kindly recommended. be looking into it over the next couple of weeks. can't wait to try 'em!

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:So is this good news: Have to get NEW clubs!

you like me so much you feel compelled to direct to me your responses to other's posts.

methinks that this (below) is the post you likely intended to respond to.

MaskedMarvel wrote:Argh. broke my driver on the range today. I play these clubs from the 50's - real woods, ugly blades. I was already looking for a great deal on the Odyssey Sabertooth , and now I'm out of the game until I can find a driver to replace the set. Can't play a busy course with irons, as I learned today....

Bummer...

virtuousvinophile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virtuousvinophile
MarkDaSpark wrote:And this from the person who in last week's pub (or was it the week before? Old-timers is really setting in) called me a post whore .....

But the real question is will Cheron get to 3,000 before I get to 4,000? Only Mr. White has the stats ...... and we all go to NoVA/DC #6 this week!!!

i only labeled you as such out of purely competitive jealousy. cuz we all know that i'm the real wine.homey don't play that around here. as my name so clearly implies.

MarkDaSpark

virtuousvinophile wrote:i only labeled you as such out of purely competitive jealousy. cuz we all know that i'm the real wine.homey don't play that around here. as my name so clearly implies.

You ... you .... you .... Zinfidel!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
jwhite6114 wrote:So is this good news: Have to get NEW clubs!

Good timing for my SIWBM... Bad timing for my ability to adhere to my SIWBM...

I'm hitting playitagainsports tonight... I'll let you know how it goes..

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Ok, so we went to Costco this afternoon.

They rearranged a good part of the store. Liquor/wines back over where cleaning supplies and paper goods lived. The space former occupied by liquor and wine had small appliances.

It was quite disorienting.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:the latter.

but to more important matters: The Rare WIne Co does not ship to Illinois (cuz my legislators are motherfrakking ratholes bitches), so i needz me a wootlegger in Wisconsin to get a hold of that intro Madeira trio you so kindly recommended. be looking into it over the next couple of weeks. can't wait to try 'em!

Oof, sorry I broke up with Greg... he was the wisconsin wootlegger. Though I think pfcouvar is a cheesehead...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:I wins. Thus the new blog. Read it tonight. Srsly.

Looks like it'll be a good blog. And the Sauv Blanc did turn out quite nice with the shells (which were in a red sauce) and meatballs. The Windsor Sonoma Sauv Blanc was a very good pairing with it. The slight fruitiness of it, the slight sour apple and a bit of minerality it had balanced well with both the cheese in the shells and the small amount of sauce on them.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

lauratchi wrote:Ok, so we went to Costco this afternoon.

They rearranged a good part of the store. Liquor/wines back over where cleaning supplies and paper goods lived. The space former occupied by liquor and wine had small appliances.

If you are in SoCal, go to the Costco in Carlsbad. Three, 3, rows of wines! Not the two I'm used to in other Costco's, but three aisles!! Dry Creek Meritage and Endeavour were there.

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:

Why yes, and yes. And thanks for correcting.

CT | | | | | |

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I'm sorry; I wondered about that possibility as I was writing up my answer to you. Part of the problem is that Rare Wine Company is not a winery, obviously.

There are 5 and 10 year Madeiras spottily available in some retail outlets, but I'd avoid them if possible. They are but pale shadows of decently aged Madeiras. And, there are domestically produced Madeiras available; unfortunately, unlike Champaign, there is no legal protection for the term Madeira.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

jwhite6114

lauratchi wrote:Ok, so we went to Costco this afternoon.

I had a fun Costco trip last weekend. Our LCD tv suddenly took on a blue tint to everything on the day my daughter was to have a sleepover (10 twelve-year old girls) for which the Wii was a part of the plan. After calls to vizio and Costco Concierge we determined it was not a misaligned setting and needed repair. Screw that -- turns out we bought it a few months before thy changed their return policy on tv's and other electronics, and the lifetime return policy still applied.

So, two hours before the party I was lugging in a new tv. Cool.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Looks like it'll be a good blog. And the Sauv Blanc did turn out quite nice with the shells (which were in a red sauce) and meatballs. The Windsor Sonoma Sauv Blanc was a very good pairing with it. The slight fruitiness of it, the slight sour apple and a bit of minerality it had balanced well with both the cheese in the shells and the small amount of sauce on them.

And to think, I've never had a Sauv Blanc I just figured despite the meatballs, the cheese would be the predominant component of the dish, and the pasta portion of it holding it, which in my head went "crisp white". I saw the Sauv Blanc in your inventory and another little bell went off saying "that's the one!" I'm really glad it worked out well, and I'm sure it'll be super happy with the fish, too

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:You are a horrible person, bowtie. Horrible.

You misspelled entertaining. I also love to frak with the door to door church of whatever people. I am going to have to remember the virgin blood thing.

cheron98

And the post is up for a·pair·i·tif!

tommythecat78

bhodilee wrote:frak that dude, I'm not eating ever again. I"m fat, I'll last a couple weeks.

Average male can live over 50 days without food.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Bad HAK! Bad!

Why must you all torment me so?

Because you enjoy it and give us so many opportunities to do so.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Because you enjoy it and give us so many oppurtunities to do so.

I do not! I... well... maybe a little...

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Oof, sorry I broke up with Greg... he was the wisconsin wootlegger. Though I think pfcouvar is a cheesehead...

Yes pfcouvar is in Madison I think.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:I do not! I... well... maybe a little...

HA!!! The truth comes out!!! It looks like I may be going to ren faire this saturday after all. I still don't know about next weekend. I will keep you posted.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

TMR...

What about getting one of those UPS drops right across the border? Could work maybe....

or.. Where has that joeker dude been anyway?

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

madwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages madwine

Wowzer!! You have been a busy bunch!! Loved the debate! Who won? Team Bowtie & JW or Team L & TMR?

Dr. George, hope all is well w/ you and the Mrs. Fay does not look like a very nice woman!! Hey wasn't there legislation about this: Naming all storms after woman?

Nope, me wolves never bit the children. Nor has any of my children been bitten on any other ranch that they frequent up in Paso (with lots of dogs of all different breeds). Dr. George is right. The only time my child was bit was by a human 18 mo. old who went into my youngest playpen and started biting his face. Three times!! The Dr. said it was the worse case he had ever seen!! And he'd been in the biz for over 30 years. Now, now, the boy is fine and there are no scars. He was only 6 mo.'s and doesn't even remember.

tommythecat78

madwine wrote:Wowzer!! You have been a busy bunch!! Loved the debate! Who won? Team Bowtie & JW or Team L & TMR?

Dr. George, hope all is well w/ you and the Mrs. Fay does not look like a very nice woman!! Hey wasn't there legislation about this: Naming all storms after woman?

Nope, me wolves never bit the children. Nor has any been bitten on any ranch that they frequent up in Paso. Dr. George is right. The only time my child was bit was by a human 18 mo. old who went into my youngest playpen and started biting his face. Three times!! The Dr. said it was the worse case he had ever seen!! And he'd been in the biz for over 30 years. Now, now, the boy is fine and there are no scars. He was only 6 mo.'s and doesn't even remember.

I would really like to meet your wolves one day (and of course you and all the other So-cal people). I had a wolf hybrid puppy a few years back that unfortunately died at about 6months old (parvo). It had its shots, but either they weren't on time or the breeder lied. I think the breeder lied.

cheron98

madwine wrote:Wowzer!! You have been a busy bunch!! Loved the debate! Who won? Team Bowtie & JW or Team L & TMR?

Wasn't really a "winner" per se. I think they just both decided that it was a circular debate and no one was gonna budge, and so for the well-being of everyone else, stopped

madwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages madwine
tommythecat78 wrote:I would really like to meet your wolves one day (and of course you and all the other So-cal people). I had a wolf hybrid puppy a few years back that unfortunately died at about 6months old (parvo). It had its shots, but either they weren't on time or the breeder lied. I think the breeder lied.

That makes me sad I'm so sorry. I love my wolves! I'm going to fly shotgun w/ Jon this weekend to see them (Sorry Java!) Wolves are soooo mis-understood! They are the biggest lovers!!