eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:another classic movie! Heed, move now

He looks like an orange on a toothpick!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
bhodilee wrote:Yes, well thank you for reminding me of that particular childhood trauma, may I send the therapy bill to you directly?

I'll give it some thought. I'm gifted like that.

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
eric9tx wrote:Don't worry, oppsie. He'll cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.

nice!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
jwhite6114 wrote:Are RPM Tourists morally obligated to buy it?

If it is what I think it could be we're probably morally obligated to keep our mouths shut :-)

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
clintmccaskill wrote:Start doing "NON" cali wines!!!

I know which Virginia winery is under consideration... and it's a good one. But Mumm's (not) the word!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

No more comments from WD -- does that mean we guessed it?

CT | | | | | |

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

jwhite6114 wrote:No more comments from WD -- does that mean we guessed it?

Nope. what else does one feed?

rbwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot
Winedavid39 wrote:Nope. what else does one feed?

The mind. I'll guess a wine-related book. And if it is a book, it's obvious what it would be, so no need to mention the title here...

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

Feed your head!

rbwoot

iceeblue7 wrote:Feed your head!

Oh yeah! It's white rabbits. live.animals.woot

DatJiveTurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DatJiveTurkey

Am I the only one that thinks its wierd that woot.com would have a site for random gadets, shirts, and of all things...wine? Why not video games or something like that

DatJiveTurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DatJiveTurkey
DatJiveTurkey wrote:Am I the only one that thinks its wierd that woot.com would have a site for random gadets, shirts, and of all things...wine? Why not video games or something like that

game.woot.com

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I'm one of the founding members and on the board of the International Riesling Foundation. We are a newly formed world wide group of Riesling producers working togehter to promote Riesling. Our website is not up yet, but will be drinkriesling.com. One of the things we are working on is an international taste scale that we can all use on our labels that lets the customer know what sweetnes level the wine is at. There will be four levels, Dry - Medium Dry - Medium Sweet - Sweet. We are still working out the cut off points between the four levels and they are based on a residual sugar to acid ratio. Hopefully, in the future when you are looking for a dry Riesling or a sweet Riesling the standardized scale will get you to the right wine for the occasion you are purchasing it for. This scale is being spaerheaded by Dan Berger. He has a weekly wine news letter that is my favorite of all the news letters. It is called Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences.

I'm still reading the rest of the pages in this thread...

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be watching for the website to go live, and for the labeling on the bottles. I lived in Germany many years ago, and that is where my slippery slope of wine-loving started. I love very dry whites, and enjoy Rieslings, too, and prefer a more traditional flavor. I am disappointed when I take a chance on a wine and find it tastes like pure honey, without any nuances. I would really appreciate having an idea ahead of time of what the sweetness level is.

rbwoot

DatJiveTurkey wrote:game.woot.com

That could cover both animals and video games, good idea.

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
DatJiveTurkey wrote:Am I the only one that thinks its wierd that woot.com would have a site for random gadets, shirts, and of all things...wine? Why not video games or something like that

what a random first post my friend

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Pets?

Parking meters?

CT | | | | | |

rbwoot

jwhite6114 wrote:Pets?

Parking meters?

The hand that bites you?

nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

addictions? wait, no, thats wine again

cvonbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvonbo

I was hoping to pass by the deal this weak, but being riesling it's hard for me to pass up ... Mine is on the way !

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
cvonbo wrote:I was hoping to pass by the deal this weak, but being riesling it's hard for me to pass up ... Mine is on the way !

Really? Most of mine wines for the past two weeks say "Billing Information Received "

sarah40460

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah40460

Alright, I've caved for the first time in awhile. The fall is coming, and it's time to resume my wine.woot addiction.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in food."

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

A fever.

So, using the typical wine.woot obscure clue path -

'fever' = Saturday Night Fever = John Travolta

Googling "John Travolta" + wine gives a link to this quote in the top three hits -

In his work habits, Travolta is strict and disciplined. He drinks fine wine, but does so sparingly, only a few times a month.

(Clayfu?)

The article itself is about his love of cigars

So the offering is clearly going to be a Woot Launch of a line of Travolta cigars!

So, um, do I win?

tkastorff

the need for speed?

tkastorff

tkastorff wrote:the need for speed?

cue Tom Cruise ...

rhapsody32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhapsody32

No way I could pass on these, the husband and I are both cellar club members at V. Sattui and go at least 3 times a year and buy a case or two to tide us over until the next trip. We also have friends in the UK that beg us to bring some over everytime we visit (any excuse for a visit is a good thing!). Personally, I am more a fan of their cabs and the luscious Ramazzotti zin (please oh please offer this one Woot!). For those of you into port, theirs is not to be missed (or the vin santo). In the past, I bought the off-dry reisling for my step mother who prefers the sweeter wines and was pleasantly surprised by it myself. In for one....

BobboinAVL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobboinAVL

absinthe.woot.com

rx8doc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rx8doc

Bonsai

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123

It might be because my brain is fried from working, but suddenly, Seymour, it's as plain as day - the next offer is a Venus Fly-Trap plant. I promise to name mine Audrey, too.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Well, since this is the first Reisling and is a varietal not likely to show up again for a while...
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.093s

Last wooter to woot: tommythecat78

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Feed the fire! It's fire logs!

OR

Feed the kitty! Sweet little kittens! I'm in for 3! Do we still get ketchup packets with those?

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
iceeblue7 wrote:Feed your head!

Acid. It's gotta be acid.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
woopdedoo wrote:Really? Most of mine wines for the past two weeks say "Billing Information Received "

Just found out that my Wellington Mystery order x 3 has made it to the East Coast! It's in NJ. Maybe I'll even see it by the weekend. Can't wait!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
rx8doc wrote:Bonsai

Flowers.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
InShadows wrote:doubtful since sake is rice wine. I could go for some of those flavored wafers right about now.

Sake is not "rice wine." Sake is sake, made primarily of fermented rice grain, and has more in common with beer than with wine. Sake makers even call themselves "brewers" (when they say it in English anyway).

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

rbwoot wrote:The mind. I'll guess a wine-related book. And if it is a book, it's obvious what it would be, so no need to mention the title here...

braaains! BRAAAAAAINS!

This Thursday at zombie.woot.com

Your Private WIneaux

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

iByron

RSS.

We're getting a podcast! Just like regular.woot!

Your Private WIneaux

notfromtexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notfromtexas

Report from Vandolay industries:
Well I awake at 7 and waited patiently at the front door for my wine today, to the point of opening it a crack and stationing my furry doorbells (a lab x and a beagle) so that Fed Ex would not get away again. It came 1/2 hour before I was due to leave for work, so it had a quick 30 minutes in the fridge before I opened it (hey, if you can't go to work with wine on your breath...). Now, after work, I'm finishing my second glass, trying to rush to get my lab rat report up before it's too late. I got the dry variey. In a word: a wonderful wine. I caught the aroma of pears and as it warms up, a little peach. Tha aroma carries through to the taste, a rich, soft pear. Extremely smooth but not without a tart finish...almost a "tingle" on my tongue. I'm having it with a mildy spicy crawfish etoufee, which it pairs well with, although I think that anything spicier might overwhelm it. I would agree that it is a good wine to drink on it's own, to get the full benefit. Really, really enjoyable. i know it's late but if you are sitting on the fence I'd go for it. My experience with reislings has been with a sweeter kind in general as that's the only kind my in laws will drink, so I'm not sure that I will share this with them after all. Anyway-thank you woot for the lab rat opportunity and I'm sorry it took an extra day to report!

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

After hitting the orange button 3 times but not following through I finally just did. GF likes Riesling, isnt that good enough reason? These last 3 weeks have been rough on my pocket book even though none of them are arriving. Time to get on the overtime list again at work.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Winedavid39 wrote:is not consumed by the mouth.

Is it Iocane powder?

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."