shh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shh64
Winedavid39 wrote:Nope. what else does one feed?

Ego! I am looking forward to this woot that will tell me how smart, wonderful and attractive I am, must be a magic mirror.

ethos123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethos123

let just say that "theoretically" my state isnt on the list of places that its legal to ship to... anybody know of ways to potentially get around such a problem?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ethos123 wrote:let just say that "theoretically" my state isnt on the list of places that its legal to ship to... anybody know of ways to potentially get around such a problem?

You find someone in a state that can receive it and you send it there. We call it wootlegging

Where are you?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Let's see, you could always feed your wine to a decanter.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

ethos123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethos123
bhodilee wrote:You find someone in a state that can receive it and you send it there. We call it wootlegging

Where are you?

Louisville, KY

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe WD watches South Park too much?

Or it could be the Wine Tasting Wheel from UC Davis? Would love to get that one. And it's smaller than a breadbox.

just caught up w/ this thread. right before midnight CDT. my money is on you SParky.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

ScottHarveyWines wrote:What's the wineries name, I'll go on the website and see if I can order some. I would love to try it. Most of my Rieslings are vineyard specific so I don't do a lot of blending. Probably would if I had other white wines I was making in my cellar, but make pretty much only Riesling for white wines. I suggested maybe making some Gewurztraminer, and my wife, the one that has to sell all this wine, gave me a pretty cold stare. I guess I'll just have to buy my Gewurztraminer from Sattui's Castello di Amorosa for now. I do know of a good Gewurztraminer Vineyard in Mendocino thou, that I used to make an Ice Wine form for Folie a Deux. Maybe they still have some garapes. This is how it all gets started.

you should also try Cathy Corison's 2005 Corison Gewürztraminer Corazón (USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley). we tasted this on the rpm tour. it was delightfully aromatic, well-balanced & perfect on a hot summer's day.

themostrighteous

themostrighteous wrote:just caught up w/ this thread. right before midnight CDT. my money is on you SParky.

DOH! didn't see that coming. good thing i only had a dime on you!

ArtWholeflaffer29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArtWholeflaffer29

Sure, one can purchase Ch. St. Michelle Riesling at Costco for 6 big ones. But where is the money really going? V. Sattui is owned by the Sattui family and they are not part of any huge corporate entity. CSM is owned by US Tobacco. I'd rather give alittle more to the little guy who will really appreciate it rather than the Corporate beast who only care about the bottom right of the spreadsheet.

themostrighteous

ArtWholeflaffer29 wrote:Sure, one can purchase Ch. St. Michelle Riesling at Costco for 6 big ones. But where is the money really going? V. Sattui is owned by the Sattui family and they are not part of any huge corporate entity. CSM is owned by US Tobacco. I'd rather give alittle more to the little guy who will really appreciate it rather than the Corporate beast who only care about the bottom right of the spreadsheet.

well, i hope you gave then, cuz this offering is no longer available as of 7 mins ago.

MalcolmPX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MalcolmPX

So I managed to get in on this one even though the ridiculously large button was clicked some 20 minutes after the fact!

Yay! Malcolm gets Riesling!

MPX

Bringing about an all wine.woot black square by any means necessary.--MalcolmPX

Betty Shirazz? Yeah, I think I know her.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
themostrighteous wrote:you should also try Cathy Corison's 2005 Corison Gewürztraminer Corazón (USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley). we tasted this on the rpm tour. it was delightfully aromatic, well-balanced & perfect on a hot summer's day.

It was nice, I think it was Mark or Joatmon who mentioned, much to Cathy's surprise, that it smelled like salami. But there were definitely some (nice) deli-like aromatics in it. Good stuff.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
andyduncan wrote:It was nice, I think it was Mark or Joatmon who mentioned, much to Cathy's surprise, that it smelled like salami. But there were definitely some (nice) deli-like aromatics in it. Good stuff.

Oi, you had to bring that up. It was me, and I flashed on pepperoni pizza.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

themostrighteous

andyduncan wrote:It was nice, I think it was Mark or Joatmon who mentioned, much to Cathy's surprise, that it smelled like salami. But there were definitely some (nice) deli-like aromatics in it. Good stuff.

i LOVE salami on a hot summer's day!

themostrighteous

JOATMON wrote:Oi, you had to bring that up. It was me, and I flashed on pepperoni pizza.

... but, pepperoni, not so much.

stebs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stebs
kbiehl wrote:I saw the Vin Santo on their webite and was very excited. I had the opportunity to taste quite a bit of it when I was in Tuscany last year...it was AMAZING! The Frangelica and the Port sound great as well. Have you tried them?

Along with the Vin Santo, I also purchased their 1999 Vintage Ruby Port. Also quite good. As was the Madeira. I never got to try the Frangelica, though...

Neophyte Oenophile Extraordinaire

stebs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stebs
winefarm wrote:This suggests "lay". The direct object being it.

The verb lay means to place or to set down. It always takes a direct object, the thing that is placed or set down.
Examples: Lay the magazine on the table.
I have laid the bike under the tree.
The verb lie means to recline. It does not take a direct object.
Examples: I will lie down around noon.
Let's go lie out on the grass.

On the other hand, it is best to let a sleeping dog lie... Is that not the same format as the previous sentence?

Neophyte Oenophile Extraordinaire

cvonbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvonbo
woopdedoo wrote:Really? Most of mine wines for the past two weeks say "Billing Information Received "

I ordered the 4 reds last wek and it arrived super fast !

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

615 in three days -- not bad!

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:615 in three days -- not bad!

especially with 2 winemaker posts.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:especially with 2 winemaker posts.

and all the negative comments. obviously a fair number of riesling fans!

CT | | | | | |

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
andyduncan wrote:Bah, it's a living language, by the time you guys have settled this the proper usage will have changed.

Got it you have, Joda!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Weird, I just got my tracking number for this order and it's coming from FedEx. I thought all wine from wine.woot was shipped UPS? Something new to use FedEx for regular shipments?

drkchyld5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkchyld5

Anyone still hasnt received theirs yet?
Its been like 2 weeks for me and still nothing

TacoPizzaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacoPizzaBob
drkchyld5 wrote:Anyone still hasnt received theirs yet?

I got a shipment notification, but the FedEx tracking number doesn't work

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
TacoPizzaBob wrote:I got a shipment notification, but the FedEx tracking number doesn't work

Try putting a zero in front of the tracking number they sent. It looks like they left off the leading 0, when I added the 0 to mine it worked.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

TacoPizzaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacoPizzaBob
Cesare wrote:Try putting a zero in front of the tracking number they sent. It looks like they left off the leading 0, when I added the 0 to mine it worked.

Hey, thanks alot. that works perfectly! Still haven't gotten my wine, but now I can find it at least!

lenvo65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lenvo65

Just received my order - which unlike all my other woots was shipped directly from V Sattui via fed ex. Noticed that the labels on the necks of all four bottles are partially ripped down. I'm sure this won't effect taste but is this somehow to indicate that we did not buy at full price ?

dawntheirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawntheirl

The labels on all my bottles were fine.

ddxtdl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddxtdl
drkchyld5 wrote:Anyone still hasnt received theirs yet?

I became concerned about my order last week, so I went to check my tracking number and it turns out I don't have one. No email from the woot bot, no tracking number on the order page in my account.

On a whim, I went down to the UPS store where I have my shipments sent and, of course, there it was. Turns out it had arrived 2 weeks earlier. The clerk said it was a good thing I showed up - otherwise they were going to open it up and have a party (obviously he was kidding).

On a serious note, the clerk said he would have called me except the phone number field on the shipping label was blank.

Bad Woot, Bad.

carusodan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carusodan

hmmm, same thing with the shipping number. When I added a '0' I found a shipment that attempted delivery in Rexburg ID then apparently returned to the winery. Problem is I'm in Reno NV. Any suggestions?