woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
Daystar wrote:I'm in. I live in Akron.

I'm from Akron, though I live in MI. Perhaps a tasting event will happen to coincide with a visit home.

woopdedoo

jwhite6114 wrote:don't worry -- by tomorrow the choice will be made for you. if you have not decided by then, i'll be surprised if this is still available.

Yeah, this is one time I thought I needed to order early just to get the wine, rather than to qualify for the labrat lottery.

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex
woopdedoo wrote:I'm from Akron, though I live in MI. Perhaps a tasting event will happen to coincide with a visit home.

That would be cool. I live in Sharon Township.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
MaxAlex wrote:I've read all the old posts regarding figuring out where to meet in Ohio. I'm ready and willing to find a place hear in Northeast Ohio. I know of a few wineshops that would be more than happy to help host this event. Help!!

Who's in to go forward with this.

I'm closer to Detroit than Cleveland area, but would love to give it a go again.

I've cross posted to a new Ohio thread as to not kidnap the main thread. ;)

EDIT: Fixed the link ... I hope.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
SonomaBouliste wrote:know where I can get any candy cigarettes?

Cracker Barrel, but of course!

CT

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex
woopdedoo wrote:Yeah, this is one time I thought I needed to order early just to get the wine, rather than to qualify for the labrat lottery.

I'm new. What is the Labrat lottery?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
conroo wrote:I'm closer to Detroit than Cleveland area, but would love to give it a go again.

I've cross posted to a new Ohio thread as to not kidnap the main thread. ;)

Ahem? Detroit tasting... this weekend. See the link in the sig? Click the link! Come join us!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

woopdedoo

cheron98 wrote:Ahem? Detroit tasting... this weekend. See the link in the sig? Click the link! Come join us!

Can't be there - sent you PM. Have fun!

cheron98

MaxAlex wrote:I'm new. What is the Labrat lottery?

Go check out The LabRat Thread for the Rules of Rattery and how to sign up. Along with all of the LabRat notes since 6/2/08

woopdedoo

MaxAlex wrote:I'm new. What is the Labrat lottery?

I am SURE that at least five folks are typing furiously right now to describe the labrat program - unless they are hoping to increase their own odds by a very little bit by keeping you in the dark.

bluebeatpete

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bluebeatpete

In for 1, the fridge is full... But can't wait till Thursdays offering. Whites would be nice.
The 2003 Sonoma Cab Sauv from a previous offering was stellar!

cheron98

woopdedoo wrote:I am SURE that at least five folks are typing furiously right now to describe the labrat program - unless they are hoping to increase their own odds by a very little bit by keeping you in the dark.

Funny thing is I had JUST updated the initial post of the labrat thread with all these details and he provided the PERFECT opening for me to announce that

And I didn't get your PM, something is screwy with PMs these days where they don't always go through...

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Now I'm kicking myself. Wife and I did mini-prehoneymoon honeymoon last week and drove up to Sonoma for two days. Came home with three cases of wine, 1/2 a case of which was from the Wellington tasting room. If only I could see into WD's head and know what was coming just 6 days later. Although... I did taste everything they were offering, would that be considered inside advantage in IDing the mystery bottle? Might have to suck up the financed and go in for one after all.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
cheron98 wrote:Ahem? Detroit tasting... this weekend. See the link in the sig? Click the link! Come join us!

Can't make it, Cheron. Also posted in tasting thread.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So the question is, do I get three? The mystery wine is intriguing. I doubt they peeled the labels off other bottles and put new ones on so I'm guessing this is a very small lot of whatever wine it is. Perhaps we are to be guinea pigs for a new blend SB has kicking around in his head. Or maybe he had some really good juice from something he typically uses as a mixer so decided to bottle it and sell it here since there wouldn't be enough for mass consumption. If that's the case I've got a theory as to what it is and just based on the assumption there is a one in a thousand chance I'm right, I'm in for three. Now I just gotta call my boss at my other job and see if he has any hours open

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
tomatillo wrote:Thanks, SB.
By the way, opened one of your 03 Zins last week and all of us (2 couples) were blown away.

Keep up the great work!

Now, I've got to hoard the rest and hide them from my wife.

Wow. Shouldn't have opened my mouth, yesterday, about the Zins!

I'm in, and I'm still going to hide them from my wife.

Until the right time, of course.
Have had too many situations: "You gave away WHICH bottles to your friends ?!!!!!! " She is very generous with my things.

woopdedoo

"The mystery bottle will be labeled “The Duke”, because legally it has to have some kind of label on it. But this special version of "The Duke" will contain a specific mystery varietal. Which one? That's for us to know and you to find out. "

Go DUKE!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

SB, congrats.
Looks like a feeding frenzy with all the 'regulars' raving on through the wee hours of the morning.

How would you compare your 2003 Zins to the 2004?

Thanks, as always.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Okay, maybe it's Barges Of Cicadas conditioning from wootoffs, but I am a sucker for any Woot that has a question mark in it. In for one. If it was under $40 I woulda gotten 2 or 3.

lannywa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lannywa

I've ordered Wellington Woots before, but I'm having a hard time lining up the labels offered here with the ones on Vineyard website. I don't find an '04 Cab, and I see two '04 Zins.

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom
bhodilee wrote:So the question is, do I get three? The mystery wine is intriguing. I doubt they peeled the labels off other bottles and put new ones on so I'm guessing this is a very small lot of whatever wine it is. Perhaps we are to be guinea pigs for a new blend SB has kicking around in his head. Or maybe he had some really good juice from something he typically uses as a mixer so decided to bottle it and sell it here since there wouldn't be enough for mass consumption. If that's the case I've got a theory as to what it is and just based on the assumption there is a one in a thousand chance I'm right, I'm in for three. Now I just gotta call my boss at my other job and see if he has any hours open

In my infinite wisdom, I went for one. Come Wednesday at 11 MTDT I will purchase 1 of whatever the offer is (assuming it's more Wellington Love.) That and I didn't want to end up in divorce court for ordering 3.

woopdedoo

Do other folks notice that when one clicks on "the blog", the page takes forever to load - seemingly having to do with Digg?

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
woopdedoo wrote:Do other folks notice that when one clicks on "the blog", the page takes forever to load - seemingly having to do with Digg?

Yeah...What's up with that? I have just stopped going to that page, honestly. It's horrible.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

penkauskasd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penkauskasd

Got in quick, hoping for labrat status.

Need to evaluate at home, in preparation for our trip to see Peter in September. that way we can do an A/B comparison. A is cool calm and collected at home with a nice meal. B is the in situ tasting in Sonoma. Both sound pretty good right now.

bhodilee

thrawn1020 wrote:Will let the roommates know that they need to let ME check the mail in the next few days, and who to blame if it goes bad.

I have a beheaded good luck troll with piercings all over it's body. I could send you that

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

Druesaft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Druesaft

New to this forum but not to the Woot. I was trying to avoid temptations during the hot shipping period, but this looks difficult to pass up. So, trying to disuade myself. I understand the attraction of the Cab, but the Merlot seems more of an unknown entity. And comments on CellarTracker seems pretty ambivalent on the Zin. Any views on those two?

I can certainly see you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn’t know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret.

jhoofard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhoofard
jwhite6114 wrote:Tee hee! I hear WF has some "connections" who may be able to hook you up. And if you're looking for some other cigarettes, I hear your fellow oenographers up in Oregon have some stuff growing.

Actually the "stuff" was found growing in Washington vineyards......

Jeff in PDX

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Druesaft wrote:New to this forum but not to the Woot. I was trying to avoid temptations during the hot shipping period, but this looks difficult to pass up. So, trying to disuade myself. I understand the attraction of the Cab, but the Merlot seems more of an unknown entity. And comments on CellarTracker seems pretty ambivalent on the Zin. Any views on those two?

Sounds like the perfect offering for you then, get to try em all.

CT

bhodilee

reedmo wrote:So would you say I would like this set of wine?

No one can say, as I'm sure you've read ad nausem by now. I will say this though, if you're new to wine, these will be very representative of the grapes used. SB believes in letting the grapes speak and creating balanced wines. What this means to you is they're not going to be fruit bombs, not over oaked, not overly hot. Because they're well balanced, these wines will give your developing pallete a feel for the actual grapes. What they really taste like. Then, as you buy other brands of the same varietals you'll be able to explore the different things winemakers do to make the grapes speak a certain way. So, while I cannot say you'll like these, I can say you will learn from them. And that's even better.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
ddeuddeg wrote:Drink faster!

I'm fasting as drink as I can...hic.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

cheron98

Druesaft wrote:New to this forum but not to the Woot. I was trying to avoid temptations during the hot shipping period, but this looks difficult to pass up. So, trying to disuade myself. I understand the attraction of the Cab, but the Merlot seems more of an unknown entity. And comments on CellarTracker seems pretty ambivalent on the Zin. Any views on those two?

Tell you what. I'm due for opening a new bottle today. I've got the 03 Merlot sitting down in my cellar. I'll pop that open tonight and let you all know what I think of it

bhodilee

jwhite6114 wrote:We're on a common wavelength here, SB! I was wondering about this myself, but when I saw the prices of the others I decided to calculate the mystery one the same.

So, assuming the Mystery Wine is priced the same as the others* how good IS this deal?

Click the link for deal info and CT prices.

* Once the mystery wine is known, prices on the spreadsheet will be update. We already have been told that the price won't be less that the others, so any changes will just make it an even better deal. Bookmark the link to check it later for CT prices.

It looks like even if you threw the mystery bottle in at 0 dollars, we'd still be getting a pretty decent deal on just the three once shipping is factored in. So basically, we're some lucky mofos

bhodilee

jwhite6114 wrote:don't worry -- by tomorrow the choice will be made for you. if you have not decided by then, i'll be surprised if this is still available.

Boy you're optimistic. I'd be surprised to see this go past 6 Woot time.

bhodilee

laurmom wrote:In my infinite wisdom, I went for one. Come Wednesday at 11 MTDT I will purchase 1 of whatever the offer is (assuming it's more Wellington Love.) That and I didn't want to end up in divorce court for ordering 3.

I may end up there for ordering three. I'm getting the wines out before she can get half though. Plus really, three months of marriage is enough right?

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Hmmmm, variety pack PLUS a mystery bottle. Zin, Merlot and CS don't qualify as the 'weird' varietals I love to try. But, I have no Merlot or Zin right now, and CS is always welcome.

This is a tough choice. I am technically on a wine buying hiatus, however, until late September. Maybe the girlfriend can swing the pendulum one way or the other . . . .

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

bhodilee

I dont' like Merlot very much, kinda eh to me. I really like the Merlot Peter makes, so if you like Merlot, this is very good; if you don't like Merlot, there's a good chance you'll like this one. There's a 100% chance one of our resident grammarians is going to need to gouge out their eyes after seeing my sentence structure. I dunno if that helps.

lisap3877

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisap3877

Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
Current numbers (updated each minute):
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.110s

Last wooter to woot: lisap3877

Hi all! I'm new to wine, new to the blog and kinda new to woot and in for 2! I've heard so much about Wellington and am glad to have the chance to get in on it.
I doubt I'll be disappointed!

How did Wine Woot find me and what have they done with my wallet?

cheron98

winefarm, please check your PM And let me know if you didn't get it, because they're being... well... PMS-y. Ha Ha. I crack me up.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jwhite6114 wrote:For all of your griping about people not reading ahead ... tsk! tsk! to you Sir.

ssssshhhhhhh!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

Under $15/btl for 8 bottles of Wellington wine. Um, well, that money saving I was attempting didn't stand a chance.