nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

so, peter, did you forget to label a tank, or did the label-applier on the bottling line mis-fire? But really, an awesome idea, though I do pity your child - were they aware going in how many hundreds of bottles the woot crazies may order?

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Hey PW

I told a local wine store here called "Just Grapes" about you and they said they would try to contact you and maybe carry your stuff. They get decent patronage if you are wondering. Did they get a hold of you and if so, are they going to start carrying your wine?

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
SonomaBouliste wrote:That will make it tough, but he'll just have to use the price of the other bottles - it won't be anything that sells for less than that. And in case loweeel or anyone else is worried, the mystery wine is always red.

We're on a common wavelength here, SB! I was wondering about this myself, but when I saw the prices of the others I decided to calculate the mystery one the same.

So, assuming the Mystery Wine is priced the same as the others* how good IS this deal?

Click the link for deal info and CT prices.

* Once the mystery wine is known, prices on the spreadsheet will be update. We already have been told that the price won't be less that the others, so any changes will just make it an even better deal. Bookmark the link to check it later for CT prices.

CT | | | | | |

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
javadrinker wrote:In for only one because I literally have no more physical space for additional bottles. Looking forward to the mystery bottle. Thanks SB & WD...should be fun.

Drink faster!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jwhite6114

nmsoonergirl wrote:Wow, so if this means two Wellington offers this week I might as well just sign my paycheck directly over to WD....

Dag Nabbit -- I forgot about that part when I went in for 3 on this one!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Corrado wrote:In for 2 immediately (well, a bit tardier than MM).

I'm in Mobile, AL all week, so I'm not a candidate to labrat any of these.

Of all the luck -- I am in Hershey PA until Wednesday -- wouldn't get a shipment until Thursday at the earliest.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I hate you WD. And SB. I hate you both. And I love you for it.

...in for 3...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jwhite6114

SonomaBouliste wrote:That will make it tough, but he'll just have to use the price of the other bottles - it won't be anything that sells for less than that. And in case loweeel or anyone else is worried, the mystery wine is always red.

It's Pinot Noir! Toby told us in the tasting room that he was gonna quit if you didn't make a Pinot Noir, soon ... so this must be it!

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:We're on a common wavelength here, SB! I was wondering about this myself, but when I saw the prices of the others I decided to calculate the mystery one the same.

So, assuming the Mystery Wine is priced the same as the others* how good IS this deal?

Click the link for deal info and CT prices.

* Once the mystery wine is known, prices on the spreadsheet will be update. We already have been told that the price won't be less that the others, so any changes will just make it an even better deal. Bookmark the link to check it later for CT prices.

Sounds like there's 3 different mystery bottles. Since if you order 3, you receive 3 different mystery wines. So that ought to make the spreadsheet interesting.

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:It's Pinot Noir! Toby told us in the tasting room that he was gonna quit if you didn't make a Pinot Noir, soon ... so this must be it!

I think it's a PS. He singled out Loweeel to mention it was red.

jwhite6114

SonomaBouliste wrote:WD had some awesome prize ideas, but w00t legal almost lost one of their top eagles to a heart attack when it hit there. BIG NO-NO. btw - know where I can get any candy cigarettes?

Tee hee! I hear WF has some "connections" who may be able to hook you up. And if you're looking for some other cigarettes, I hear your fellow oenographers up in Oregon have some stuff growing.

CT | | | | | |

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jwhite6114 wrote:Of all the luck -- I am in Hershey PA until Wednesday -- wouldn't get a shipment until Thursday at the earliest.

Talk about luck: if I get a labrat shipment, I can't drink it until Wednesday, because I'm having a medical procedure Wednesday AM that requires a liquid diet starting tonight, with no red coloring allowed.
Have fun in Hershey, I'd join you if I could, just to keep you company on the coasters. I LOVE Cedar Point, they have 17 of 'em!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jwhite6114

bahwm wrote:I did it! I promised ddeuddeg that if tonight's offer was a Wellington that it would be my first woot. After tasting all of those wonderful wines at SB's winery, I just couldn't resist any longer!

Yeah! Welcome to the club as a full-fledged member! Now I think we need to work on 19 -- he's still virgin white, too.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

tkastorff wrote:and with this Wellington woot I am now a black square!!

if that doesn't deserve La Brat status, I don't know what does ....

No one does

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oops. You are right. Missed that post. They must have removed the label then, if we are to guess what it is. But then didn't they also indicate we might not all get the same wine?

For all of your griping about people not reading ahead ... tsk! tsk! to you Sir.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

... oh heck. September is the next Wellington wine club shipment isn't it. Crud. Guess I need to go buy another wine rack...

cheron98

Winedavid39 wrote:VAACCESS, good to see you in the game!

I think this means vaaccess is getting ratted...

alexandra29

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexandra29

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.110s

Last wooter to woot: alexandra29

In for three! I don't know how great I'll be at guessing the mystery wine, but I love Wellington!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:I did it! I promised ddeuddeg that if tonight's offer was a Wellington that it would be my first woot. After tasting all of those wonderful wines at SB's winery, I just couldn't resist any longer!

The first step. Welcome and enjoy the slide down. You can't stop, but the wine makes the ride so much fun.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

After all the hype how could I not pull the trigger. Now the only question is how many times will i up my order! Oh and that I am so very rattable on this one, not to mention that my birthday is on thursday... hint hint, nudge nudge (does this constitute begging?)! Name the bottle and a feast with friends will be prepared in it's honor!

CT

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Peter,
How do the 2004's differ from the 2003's we got in the quartet back when....?

In for two. One to drink, one to add to the cellar w/ the remaining bottles of Wellington I have. Soon I will be able to do my own vertical tasting.

jims19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jims19

Real tough to turn down...

Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: jims19

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez

Last wooter to woot: deaconbluez

Thanks, all you drunken insomniacs, for leaving some for me this morning! Thought I'd jump on this first thing this morning, before it sells out, and in time to labrat.

I'm not proud, I'll even labrat the frakking Merlot!

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

sasnakra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasnakra

Just counldn't resist....VISA be dammed!
As always, I am available and willing to be a LaBrat for a good wine.

Block 13 Cabernet Sauvignon - 4 Pack; Sake One Sampler of Six with Gift Box; Three Screaming Purple Monkeys; Toothstejnn - 6 pack; Scott Harvey In-ZINerator threesome; Wellington Three-Pack + Mystery; Ty Caton 2005 - Field Blend Three-pack; Ty Caton Three-pack Sampler (1st group); Iron Horse Cabernet Franc - Three-pack; Epiphany Winery Spring Trio; Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack; Pedroncelli Quartet; Helix Three Pack + One; Vino Noceto Quartet

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
deaconbluez wrote:Last wooter to woot: deaconbluez

Thanks, all you drunken insomniacs, for leaving some for me this morning! Thought I'd jump on this first thing this morning, before it sells out, and in time to labrat.

I'm not proud, I'll even labrat the frakking Merlot!

I love me a good Merlot!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

cheron98

reedmo wrote:So would you say I would like this set of wine?

It really depends on your tastes. No one can say for you what you'll like, particularly when you're still new and don't know yourself what you'll like. The best thing you can do is just TRY them. And if you don't like it, keep trying. Can't even say things like "Oh I like Syrah, so I'll like ALL Syrahs" because different vineyards produce them differently. Sure, there's commonalities across them all just because of the grape, but blending techniques can vastly alter the flavor.

For example, let's take last week's Chardonnay. There's a few of us around here who swear off of chards simply because of that buttery nasty icky flavor that just doesn't match our palates. But we bought last week's chard anyway because it tastes -different- (or so I hear, I can't wait to try mine).

Take a look in the community forums under world of woot wine and see if there's a tasting going on in your area. That's a great way to not only meet new people from here, but also to try new wines and start developing your taste buds to see what you like. But never get yourself so stuck on one varietal that you don't try anything else. And never get discouraged about one varietal that you give up all hope on it.

Just my $0.02

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez
vaaccess wrote:I love me a good Merlot!!!

Me, too, and Peter does make a frakking good one!

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

OH, what the h---! If I'm going to be poor, I might as well have some fun getting there!

Last wooter to woot: conroo

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis
reedmo wrote:I am new to the whole Wine experience being that I'm 21 now... I have tried Chardonnay and wasn't too thrilled with it. Does red wine have that same taste?

KEEP DRINKING, and send paycheck to woot.com!!!!!

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex
MarkDaSpark wrote:

*** We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ***
Dated 8/10/08 2:00PM by cjsiege

Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? If so - come find out what you've been missing! If not...well get off your duff and organize one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Please note: This list is for UPCOMING events…not the ones happening this weekend.
Note 2: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

8/15: SoCal #2 - The PSith Master Cometh…Continuing to 8/16, when MadWine try her hand at surfing.
8/16: Detroit #2 - Varietal Battle
8/16: Chicago #4 - Drinking the Expensive Stuff that you thought you would save, but then though…what the heck! These wooters are nice people.
8/22: The 3rd Minnesota woot gathering – I still think you all need a better name. How about “In Search of BigMay’s Aged Gouda Source”?
8/23: NoVA/DC #6 - DC Dark & Delicious
September TBD: Connecticut #2…because Darlenee1 got off her duff and decided to organize one! Yaaaay Darlenee1!!!
9/20: NYC #4 - Trekking for Wine
October TBD: NoVA/DC #7 – Big Eight Rumble: Old World vs. New World
10/18: NYC #5 – A Taste of Spain on the UWS

Still needing some help:
NEW – Portland, OR C’mon folks! Let’s get EdTheBedhead some fellow wineaux and set a date!
SE Pennsylvania - PLUS Brandywine Valley Wine Trail
JAX Area
Ohio!
Dallas-Fort Worth
Austin Area

***We now return you to your regularly scheduled Wellington Wine Woot***
end

I've read all the old posts regarding figuring out where to meet in Ohio. I'm ready and willing to find a place hear in Northeast Ohio. I know of a few wineshops that would be more than happy to help host this event. Help!!

Who's in to go forward with this.

By the way, the only experience I have ever had with Wellington wines are the ones that reached Ohio a few years back for less than $10. From allof the postings it seems that you are a cult hero among these worshippers. Am I in or am I out? It's a tough decision because I was actually going to sit on the sidelines this week.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

In for 2, cant wait to see what shows up!

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Grrrrrr..
My post from the request forum on the community page.....

Oct 26, 2007 9:48 PM
[1668146]
Ok, I haven't gone through this whole list, and some of these have probably been mentioned before, but since there is always the chance of an idea being put to good use, here you go.
1) Mystery wine. Just have a generic description of them, and maybe double up the labrats on this offering to describe what they are tasting (or even send them out a week in advance with a warning letter). Then say make a secondary web page where people can go to and see what they actually had/have from the offering. I'd probably be in for more than one on that. Taste a set, make guesses and write down my thoughts, then have a set to see if knowing what I am drinking makes a difference. You would probably have to tell people the retail on the wines here since they can't research. Would even be a fun contest to see who can guess the wine styles correctly and possibly see who matches up with the makers notes the best. Prizes?

So WineDavid waits until I go to California and lug home 2 cases back to MN to finally do the mystery wine. Bad timing on my part I guess. As much as I would love to get in on this, I think divorce papers would be served by the misses if I got more wine right now. Very interested to see what the mystery wine is though.

ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis
reedmo wrote:I am new to the whole Wine experience being that I'm 21 now... I have tried Chardonnay and wasn't too thrilled with it. Does red wine have that same taste?

Now on the serious side. Some of your fellow wooters have given you some great advice. I remember back on my first experiences...I started in the hills of Germany or was it valleys? I think that's where I ended up. Anyway, the trick is go for quality and not quantity. Go to taste samplings, read the wine blogs, share bottles with friends. Eventually, you'll find the wines you like and dislike, but remember it also depends on the grape, the season, winery, country, etc. There are a lot of good wines out there at a decent prices. Your not at the level yet where you should be going out spending $40 - $50 for a bottle. Heck, I do that very very seldom myself. Why...too many good wines out there. Sweet,dry, red, white. And finally, everyone's tastes vary, you may like one style, someone else may hate it. Woot gives you a chance to experience a lot of wines. With limited resources, sometimes you have to pick and choose or go in with friends that can help share in the cost.

Welcome to the world of WOOT

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MaxAlex wrote:I've read all the old posts regarding figuring out where to meet in Ohio. I'm ready and willing to find a place hear in Northeast Ohio. I know of a few wineshops that would be more than happy to help host this event. Help!!

By the way, the only experience I have ever had with Wellington wines are the ones that reached Ohio a few years back for less than $10. From allof the postings it seems that you are a cult hero among these worshippers. Am I in or am I out? It's a tough decision because I was actually going to sit on the sidelines this week.

In. I'm in for 3! After visiting Wellington on the tour and tasting the wonderful wines that are produced there, and then, sitting next to SB at dinner, I just had to succumb.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

I am in.

Last wooter to woot: polarbear22

Would be fun to labrat for Wellington.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

BobboinAVL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobboinAVL

Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: bobboinavl

I love a mystery! So why not three?

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
MaxAlex wrote:I've read all the old posts regarding figuring out where to meet in Ohio. I'm ready and willing to find a place hear in Northeast Ohio. I know of a few wineshops that would be more than happy to help host this event. Help!!

I'm in. I live in Akron.

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom

Happy Happy Joy Joy! I'm not telling NDH that I got any... maybe he'll gift me some... teeehee... FILL the house with Wellington! Fun game too! THIS is why I love a Monday!

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe

Woo Hoo one of each - LOVE IT!!
Since so many other labrats are on vacation just want you to know I'm home.

jwhite6114

don't worry -- by tomorrow the choice will be made for you. if you have not decided by then, i'll be surprised if this is still available.

CT | | | | | |