bridgeresq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgeresq

Last wooter to woot: bridgeresq

found out today my painter loves red wine, so these will be part of the celebration of finally getting my walls re-plastered and primed - it's gonna be a great day!!

pickles1128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickles1128
pickles1128 wrote:which is why you should get three!

P.S. WD, I'm in for labrat if you're feeling generous!

pickles1128

thrawn1020 wrote:LMAO

I will use a stamp if I can find something weird enough...I'm sure there's something from a leftover bucket of chum, somewhere in my house...

tjun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tjun
luckyinla wrote:I have no self control. I was visiting wineries last week in Santa Barbara County for 2 days & came home with 2 cases of wine. I swore I wasn't going to buy any wine on wine.woot this week, but I just had to check in to see what was for sale. I'm in...

If it's not too nosy, what was in your cases? I'm thinking about heading up there soon. (If it is too nosy, feel free to ignore me.)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
SonomaBouliste wrote:As stated in the blog, you will receive a different mystery wine with each set you order.

Sez you.

There are going to be at least three different color dots. There may be more.

However, I wouldn't put it past these guys to have the same wine with two different color dots.

OK, we are going to need some cooperation here. When you receive your wine, can you post what color dots you got?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
pickles1128 wrote:I will use a stamp if I can find something weird enough...I'm sure there's something from a leftover bucket of chum, somewhere in my house...

Will let the roommates know that they need to let ME check the mail in the next few days, and who to blame if it goes bad.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

GaleForce

quality posts: 12 Private Messages GaleForce

in for one

brockb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brockb

I'm sure nobody will say for sure... but is the mystery wine a random bottle from the three listed or totally unique from the three? If they are not any of the three offered and you get three unique mystery bottles with an order of three... it would only make sense to boost my order to three. Never upped my order before... What is the process?

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

BTW, drinking a Cycles Gladiator Merlot 2006 right now. And it's for work. I swear. We're actually carrying it, so I need to have some details to describe it with!

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
JOATMON wrote:Sez you.

There are going to be at least three different color dots. There may be more.

However, I wouldn't put it past these guys to have the same wine with two different color dots.

OK, we are going to need some cooperation here. When you receive your wine, can you post what color dots you got?

This sounds like it could get interesting...OK, I'll post mine. I'm already planning a tasting dinner...

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

A few questions come up with this -

How many different dots are there?
Are the dots regular offers from Wellington, or new "trial" vines?
Labratting for dots?
If there are more than three different dots, does gifting allow you to get them all, or could they double up?
Will there be new mystery wines come the Thursday (supposed Wellington) offering?

Time to cash in those birthday coupons! WOOT!

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

Could we please have an "Expensive Grand Cru Library Wine Month," so that everything is out of my price range for a while, and my credit card gets a rest?

In for one. Really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

P.S. If I should be lucky enough to be LabRatted this week, WD, could you holla at me with an email?

P.P.S. I'm RED!!!

pickles1128

thrawn1020 wrote:Will let the roommates know that they need to let ME check the mail in the next few days, and who to blame if it goes bad.

it'll be the only letter addressed to thrawn1020 in the stack.

mrkrispy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkrispy

why can't I find any reviews of this wine? odd

TeelaJBrown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TeelaJBrown

I was in for 2 before even reading the description. I can always hope for labrattery! :-D

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla
tjun wrote:If it's not too nosy, what was in your cases? I'm thinking about heading up there soon. (If it is too nosy, feel free to ignore me.)

Not too nosy at all. The contents consisted of Fiddlehead Cellars, Demetria, Stolpman, Longoria, Mosby, Babcock & Melville. I concentrated on Santa Rita Hills, with a few other stops...

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

*** We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ***
Dated 8/10/08 2:00PM by cjsiege

Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? If so - come find out what you've been missing! If not...well get off your duff and organize one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Please note: This list is for UPCOMING events…not the ones happening this weekend.
Note 2: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

8/15: SoCal #2 - The PSith Master Cometh…Continuing to 8/16, when MadWine try her hand at surfing.
8/16: Detroit #2 - Varietal Battle
8/16: Chicago #4 - Drinking the Expensive Stuff that you thought you would save, but then though…what the heck! These wooters are nice people.
8/22: The 3rd Minnesota woot gathering – I still think you all need a better name. How about “In Search of BigMay’s Aged Gouda Source”?
8/23: NoVA/DC #6 - DC Dark & Delicious
September TBD: Connecticut #2…because Darlenee1 got off her duff and decided to organize one! Yaaaay Darlenee1!!!
9/20: NYC #4 - Trekking for Wine
October TBD: NoVA/DC #7 – Big Eight Rumble: Old World vs. New World
10/18: NYC #5 – A Taste of Spain on the UWS

Still needing some help:
NEW – Portland, OR C’mon folks! Let’s get EdTheBedhead some fellow wineaux and set a date!
SE Pennsylvania - PLUS Brandywine Valley Wine Trail
JAX Area
Ohio!
Dallas-Fort Worth
Austin Area

***We now return you to your regularly scheduled Wellington Wine Woot***
end

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

's Wellington...it's swellington !

In for two.

Hope my mystery wine is the 2004 100 year old vines Zin....or the successor 05 or 06 blends. (Or at least something red -- unless Peter has somehow miraculously conjured up a sparkler....now that would be something to celebrate!)

And I am glad to see the temperature is expected to be about 10 degrees lower in the DC/Middle Atlantic area for the next 10 days than during the time transit of my most recently received shipment.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

The picture states it's the 2004 Merlot Estate Bottled, but the description doesn't state that. Which is it? If it's the Estate Bottled, then Corrado did the CT link to the wrong one and he needs to fix it.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kemaceyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kemaceyo

Already thinking 'yummy' now no Ty anytime soon because I'm broke.

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.110s

Last wooter to woot: kemaceyo

mace

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

In for only one because I literally have no more physical space for additional bottles. Looking forward to the mystery bottle. Thanks SB & WD...should be fun.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
javadrinker wrote:In for only one because I literally have no more physical space for additional bottles. Looking forward to the mystery bottle. Thanks SB & WD...should be fun.

yah for me! mystery bottle! ^_^

HitAnyKey42

So as i get ready to crawl into bed (2 hours later than I should have), I've gone in for two. First time ordering in almost a month, and in plenty of time to labrat. And Tues night being my only night of a real meal would be a perfect night for it.

The tough thing will be deciding when to open the mystery wines and what to pair them with. Or whether I should skip the contest and just wait for the results to come out so I can cheat and know what they are before opening them.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

javadrinker wrote:In for only one because I literally have no more physical space for additional bottles. Looking forward to the mystery bottle. Thanks SB & WD...should be fun.

What do you need space for? I have neither space nor funds...and even I went in for two.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

This is so not fair! (But, yes, I'm in.)

Don't try this at home kids! (Go to a friend's house...)

Mystery tasting at mi casa?

By the way, found the bottle neck this morning, and some of the shards of glass made it almost to the patio door. What wine was that again?

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

smartheart wrote:'s Wellington...it's swellington !

In for two.

Hope my mystery wine is the 2004 100 year old vines Zin....or the successor 05 or 06 blends. (Or at least something red -- unless Peter has somehow miraculously conjured up a sparkler....now that would be something to celebrate!)

And I am glad to see the temperature is expected to be about 10 degrees lower in the DC/Middle Atlantic area for the next 10 days than during the time transit of my most recently received shipment.

I suspect that the mystery wine may be the woot wannabe! That's why it's a mystery!

And I was thinking of waiting til Wednesday to order to get it next week, but knowing how fast this goes, I'm just afraid it would sell out before, so in for two! Here's hoping they ship it this week so I get it by Thursday!

Edit: Oops. Missed the post where SB says it will be Wellington Vineyards. So much for woot wannabe wine. But Wellington wines are so good ..........

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
MarkDaSpark wrote:I suspect that the mystery wine may be the woot wannabe! That's why it's a mystery!

And I was thinking of waiting til Wednesday to order to get it next week, but knowing how fast this goes, I'm just afraid it would sell out before, so in for two! Here's hoping they ship it this week so I get it by Thursday!

SB said that the mystery wine is a Wellington Vineyards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

timbyrd wrote:This is so not fair! (But, yes, I'm in.)

Don't try this at home kids! (Go to a friend's house...)

Mystery tasting at mi casa?

By the way, found the bottle neck this morning, and some of the shards of glass made it almost to the patio door. What wine was that again?

-- T

Holy Shards, Byrdman! We looked, and didn't see any more there (found one small piece close to the patio door).

It was one of your Merlots (one of the winery that you had Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Merlot. I think it might have been Castle, and all of them were most excellent wines), that Java sacrificed to the wine gods.

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:SB said that the mystery wine is a Wellington Vineyards.

Oops. You are right. Missed that post. They must have removed the label then, if we are to guess what it is. But then didn't they also indicate we might not all get the same wine?

MarkDaSpark

Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: timbyrd

Tim, didn't the 4 additional cases you bought from Wellington on the way back from the RPM Tour fill up your quota for Wellington wines?

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
tommythecat78 wrote:SB said that the mystery wine is a Wellington Vineyards.

BUT, is it a Woot Cellars wine, produced and bottled by Wellington?

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

Is there any particular cut off for getting in tasting notes on the mystery bottle(s)? I don't get back to the US until early October, but I'll gladly have a mystery as my first bottle back.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

tommythecat78

Thread with all the details of the Mystery WIne Contest

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

reedmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reedmo

I am new to the whole Wine experience being that I'm 21 now... I have tried Chardonnay and wasn't too thrilled with it. Does red wine have that same taste?

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

In for 2, not sure where I'm going to fit 8 more bottles though.

Oh, yay, I'm black!

CT

tommythecat78

reedmo wrote:I am new to the whole Wine experience being that I'm 21 now... I have tried Chardonnay and wasn't too thrilled with it. Does red wine have that same taste?

Not even close.

reedmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reedmo
tommythecat78 wrote:Not even close.

So would you say I would like this set of wine?

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
reedmo wrote:I am new to the whole Wine experience being that I'm 21 now... I have tried Chardonnay and wasn't too thrilled with it. Does red wine have that same taste?

In a word, no. Really nothing alike. I guess Chards are supposed to be buttery or green appley, red wines tend towards dark berries. Unfortunately there's really no way to know what you like without just going out and trying it, since even within each varietal there's a huge range. This offering would be a great intro to reds though, since a) Wellington's previous offerings have been well received by the woot community, and b) you get three popular varietals in merlot, cab, and zin so you could get an idea of what you like.

Oh, if you drink reds though, you'll probably have to let it breathe, and a lot of them pair better with food.

CT

tommythecat78

reedmo wrote:So would you say I would like this set of wine?

That is very hard to say. What didn't you like about the Chard. There other Chards out there that won't taste like the one you tried. I am new to wine myself and am just learning what I like and don't like. I can only recommend trying a bunch of different wines to see what you like. Wellington is VERY well thought of by pretty much everyone that posts here so I would say it wouldn't be a bad start. Especially since your getting 3 (4) different varietals with this offering.

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

Haven't wooted in a while, in for two.

Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: marekny7

CT