ready2go

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ready2go

What a bunch of horseshit!!!!! How is that people on the freakin' East Coast are getting their wines already and the guy in Texas hasn't. Once again, Woot is becoming more and more of a disappointment---is my wine going to be "refurbished"?!?!?!?!

Refurbished=scaffolding, just don't do it!!!!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
ready2go wrote:What a bunch of horsemanure!!!!! How is that people on the freakin' East Coast are getting their wines already and the guy in Texas hasn't. Once again, Woot is becoming more and more of a disappointment---is my wine going to be "refurbished"?!?!?!?!

Easy does it there... Due to the sensitive nature of wines,wine.woot sometimes will 'hold' shipments due to the weather. If your state/location is expected to be warm for quite a while, they may be holding it so it doesn't get cooked in transit.

FWIW -- What's the hurry anyway? This wine should get better over the next couple of years, so I don't think there should be any rush to drink it right now.

billsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billsen
auggie24 wrote:Still waiting on mine to ship to MN. I've got the UPS notification, but only billing has occurred.

Anyone else in my predicament? Are they holding bottles for any reason?

Same deal - I ordered on the 10th, and UPS says that "Billing Information Rec'd" but that is it. I live in Atlanta.

This is my 1st Wine Woot, but if this is "normal" I doubt I'll bother again.

Bill

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Wow. I have my Mystery pack in hand. Thanks for being on the ball Peter!

Now someone explain how the shipment prior to this I still have yet to reci? hahah

I really dont care I'm just curious how I have Peters which was ordered a week after the other.

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

*giggles* the mystery bottle comes in a brown bag for easy drinking on my train ride home from work.

stay classy woot
<3

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou
auggie24 wrote:Still waiting on mine to ship to MN. I've got the UPS notification, but only billing has occurred.

Anyone else in my predicament? Are they holding bottles for any reason?

I'm in the same predicament. I'm assuming they got held because of the high temps this week. It looks to be much cooler next week, so I'm hoping they'll be released today for shipment (hint, hint).

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

I received this order today in NoVA, along with Epiphany trio,
as well as LZ Chardonay. The UPS driver was huffin' & puffin' ;)

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

richc7

quality posts: 4 Private Messages richc7
ready2go wrote:What a bunch of horseshit!!!!! How is that people on the freakin' East Coast are getting their wines already and the guy in Texas hasn't. Once again, Woot is becoming more and more of a disappointment---is my wine going to be "refurbished"?!?!?!?!

How about you relax and take a few deep breaths. I received my package here in Chicago and based on the tracking, the wines left from NEW YORK so yes, the people on the East coast should receive their wines before you do.

billsen wrote:Same deal - I ordered on the 10th, and UPS says that "Billing Information Rec'd" but that is it. I live in Atlanta.

Bill

They may be holding the wines if they feel the temperature is too hot for them to deliver the wines. I'm sure there's a faq where you can read up on this. This is how they ship wine during the summer and are usually much quicker when they switch to their regular shipping method when the temps drop.

billsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billsen
richc7 wrote:They may be holding the wines if they feel the temperature is too hot for them to deliver the wines. I'm sure there's a faq where you can read up on this. This is how they ship wine during the summer and are usually much quicker when they switch to their regular shipping method when the temps drop.

I've lived in Georgia for 15 years, and this is the coolest August we've ever had in that time - today was in the 70s - what are they waiting for? Xmas? (Literally...)

Bill

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
billsen wrote:Same deal - I ordered on the 10th, and UPS says that "Billing Information Rec'd" but that is it. I live in Atlanta.

Bill

Whenever you see the shipping costing $7 instead of $5, the general rule is that they're using a refrigerated truck for a large portion of the shipment.

Here's how it works. Wine.Woot labels the box in California. They use a private shipping company to truck the wine in a refrigerated vehicle across the country. THen, they drop the wine off at a UPS distribution center. From there, it should get to you in 1-2 days. They do this to protect the wine as much as possible and only have it potentially exposed to heat during those final 1-2 days. They also plan it out so the wine hits the UPS distribution center early in the week so there's little to no chance of it sitting in a warehouse duing its final 1-2 days of shipping. Quite honestly it's a pretty impressive system, but there is a period of time where it sits in a non-informative status as it makes it to UPS.

Make sense?

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
vaaccess wrote:Whenever you see the shipping costing $7 instead of $5, the general rule is that they're using a refrigerated truck for a large portion of the shipment.

Here's how it works. Wine.Woot labels the box in California. They use a private shipping company to truck the wine in a refrigerated vehicle across the country. THen, they drop the wine off at a UPS distribution center. From there, it should get to you in 1-2 days. They do this to protect the wine as much as possible and only have it potentially exposed to heat during those final 1-2 days. They also plan it out so the wine hits the UPS distribution center early in the week so there's little to no chance of it sitting in a warehouse duing its final 1-2 days of shipping. Quite honestly it's a pretty impressive system, but there is a period of time where it sits in a non-informative status as it makes it to UPS.

Make sense?

I don't think it matters how many times we explain it on the boards, people don't read them, there's always going to be someone who hasn't been paying attention and just doesn't expect the shipping to work the way it does.

I think WD needs to add something to the sales confirmation/receipt/whatever that gets sent for each order that explains how shipping works and what to expect.

I don't think people would be peeved if they knew how it worked, but someone showing up to this site has no way of knowing about it until they dig around the boards.

Even better, they'd have some sort of internal wine.woot tracking that told people what the status was before it hit UPS, something like "Waiting for reefer truck, reefer truck in transit, dropped at UPS hub".

It's a pretty common complaint on here in the summer. I think the number of people who are still getting pissed about it is an indication that more could be done to communicate the process.

Just my 4 cents.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
andyduncan wrote:
I think WD needs to add something to the sales confirmation/receipt/whatever that gets sent for each order that explains how shipping works and what to expect.

Even better, they'd have some sort of internal wine.woot tracking that told people what the status was before it hit UPS, something like "Waiting for reefer truck, reefer truck in transit, dropped at UPS hub".

That's why I came to the boards. I was hoping to find out if WD had held up any shipments. I know in the past it has been posted on the boards.

It may seem stupid, but I work overnights, and I need to make sure I fall asleep knowing whether the wine is coming or not. That way I can do some things to make sure I hear the UPS person, as well as be somewhat presentable. Can UPSy deliver wine to a naked guy with drool running down his cheek?

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
auggie24 wrote:That's why I came to the boards. I was hoping to find out if WD had held up any shipments. I know in the past it has been posted on the boards.

It may seem stupid, but I work overnights, and I need to make sure I fall asleep knowing whether the wine is coming or not. That way I can do some things to make sure I hear the UPS person, as well as be somewhat presentable. Can UPSy deliver wine to a naked guy with drool running down his cheek?

I live in Cali, my "regular" and summer shipping is the same and almost always takes two days from Sonoma to me. Sometimes my wine shows up before woot's system sends me a tracking number, though that seems to be happening less lately.

But if you've got a tracking number and UPSs system is stuck at "Billing information received" I think you can sleep well knowing it's not going to get there that day.

Once it gets dropped into the UPS system you should have a day or two before it shows up.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

ready2go

richc7: is easy to say "take a breather" when you are sitting there with your wines in hand. Its disconcerting to receive an email that UPS has received your info, yet it doesn't change from that each time you go back to the UPS site. With my impatience, maybe I have learned something more about the Woot system that is actually turning me off to this site. If I can receive frozen meats in the heat of Texas with no issue, I wouldn't imagine receiving wine would that much more difficult. I have had issues in the past with Woot items, and tend to get concerned with being available to take delivery of the items. I couldn't ship the wine to my work address, Uncle Sam and the US Army does not allow that. So yes, I would like to know exactly what days to be home to catch this shipment. This will probably be the one and only Wine.Woot that I participate in.

Dudleydog73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dudleydog73
ready2go wrote:Its disconcerting to receive an email that UPS has received your info, yet it doesn't change from that each time you go back to the UPS site.

I tend to agree with this, especially since I got my shipping info email on August 13th and it is now August 23rd with no change in status. I could drive coast to coast in about 4 days and I know the OTR truckers can make it in less then that. Being in Dallas that takes the time down even more. Where the hell are they taking this wine?

--DD73

richc7

quality posts: 4 Private Messages richc7
ready2go wrote:richc7: is easy to say "take a breather" when you are sitting there with your wines in hand. Its disconcerting to receive an email that UPS has received your info, yet it doesn't change from that each time you go back to the UPS site. With my impatience, maybe I have learned something more about the Woot system that is actually turning me off to this site. If I can receive frozen meats in the heat of Texas with no issue, I wouldn't imagine receiving wine would that much more difficult. I have had issues in the past with Woot items, and tend to get concerned with being available to take delivery of the items. I couldn't ship the wine to my work address, Uncle Sam and the US Army does not allow that. So yes, I would like to know exactly what days to be home to catch this shipment. This will probably be the one and only Wine.Woot that I participate in.

I also know what it feels like to have your wine shipment in limbo while you're patiently waiting for it (I think it took a shipment last summer almost a month to get to my door). I guess I've just come to terms with the fact that this is how it may be in the summer. If the shipping is too bothersome for you (and I know others refrain from making purchases in the summer as well), perhaps you should give it another try when they switch back to the 'regular' shipping.

737chick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 737chick

As much as I have loved my Wellingtons from prior orders, I will be saving these for (or creating) special occasions before pulling the corks. So the waiting only adds to the excitement. Totally ok with the delay to Dallas. Just glad I got in and all warm and fuzzy knowing they are on the way, eventually.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

andyduncan wrote:I don't think it matters how many times we explain it on the boards, people don't read them, there's always going to be someone who hasn't been paying attention and just doesn't expect the shipping to work the way it does.

I don't think people would be peeved if they knew how it worked, but someone showing up to this site has no way of knowing about it until they dig around the boards.

It's a pretty common complaint on here in the summer. I think the number of people who are still getting pissed about it is an indication that more could be done to communicate the process.

Just my 4 cents.

noted.

Taxers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Taxers

UPS decided not to deliver Friday (exception) - I suppose they wanted to cook the wine a little over the weekend in the 90 degree temps.

We'll see what (if anything) shows up today.

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

Update: Scheduled for delivery in 2 days!!! yea!!

I live in Kansas City and haven't recieved my Wellington wine either, It is still in "Billing Recieved" status on UPS site. I really wanted it by Friday, to take it on vacation to share with other winos, but it doesn't look like this is likely at this point. Anyone else in my area recieved or not recieved their wine yet from this offer. I'm not mad about it, just wanted to post to see if this was an anomoly for the area.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
ready2go wrote:richc7: is easy to say "take a breather" when you are sitting there with your wines in hand. Its disconcerting to receive an email that UPS has received your info, yet it doesn't change from that each time you go back to the UPS site. With my impatience, maybe I have learned something more about the Woot system that is actually turning me off to this site. If I can receive frozen meats in the heat of Texas with no issue, I wouldn't imagine receiving wine would that much more difficult. I have had issues in the past with Woot items, and tend to get concerned with being available to take delivery of the items. I couldn't ship the wine to my work address, Uncle Sam and the US Army does not allow that. So yes, I would like to know exactly what days to be home to catch this shipment. This will probably be the one and only Wine.Woot that I participate in.

Dudleydog73 wrote:I tend to agree with this, especially since I got my shipping info email on August 13th and it is now August 23rd with no change in status. I could drive coast to coast in about 4 days and I know the OTR truckers can make it in less then that. Being in Dallas that takes the time down even more. Where the hell are they taking this wine?

--DD73

Is the issue that you're concerned with where your wine is, or that you're never going to receive it? I think if you read around, no one has complained about never getting their wine, nor about unresolved issues with their wine once it arrives. So really, it all comes down to patience. No one has run off with your money. No one is partying with your wine leaving you with the tab. No one is chuckling about how by the time you get your wine it will be too late to register a complaint about an issue with the shipment.

It will arrive before it expires and you will get to drink it. If that's the important thing, you're covered.

If you want it faster, then you'll have to pay more than $7 for shipping .

CT | | | | | |

ready2go

jwhite6114 wrote:Is the issue that you're concerned with where your wine is, or that you're never going to receive it? I think if you read around, no one has complained about never getting their wine, nor about unresolved issues with their wine once it arrives. So really, it all comes down to patience. No one has run off with your money. No one is partying with your wine leaving you with the tab. No one is chuckling about how by the time you get your wine it will be too late to register a complaint about an issue with the shipment.

It will arrive before it expires and you will get to drink it. If that's the important thing, you're covered.

If you want it faster, then you'll have to pay more than $7 for shipping .

I couldn't agree with you more, I guess I would rather not receive an email then letting me know its with UPS. UPS deliverers have trouble with English in this neck of the woods, and when they see "Perishable", I think they believe its a stamp from Paris, TX. Unfortunately, this is a systemic problem with UPS throughout the States, so, yes, I want to know when exactly to expect my wine. Billing Information Received is useless to be quite honest with you, it tracks nothing. Its also easy to say noone is going to run off with my wines, leaving me having paid for nothing. Maybe you are that carefree about your money, however, I am not, so I expect to receive items that I have paid for. Honestly, its really quite useless at this point to respond further on this, the abundance of sarcastic responses to us "dumb folk" who didn't realize the full scope of the Woot.Wine process are so humbly informed now. Bottoms up and enjoy your wine if you have it, if not, bottoms up anyway, your refurbished grapes will eventually make it to us, I guess!!!

Dudleydog73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dudleydog73
ready2go wrote:I couldn't agree with you more, I guess I would rather not receive an email then letting me know its with UPS. UPS deliverers have trouble with English in this neck of the woods, and when they see "Perishable", I think they believe its a stamp from Paris, TX. Unfortunately, this is a systemic problem with UPS throughout the States, so, yes, I want to know when exactly to expect my wine. Billing Information Received is useless to be quite honest with you, it tracks nothing. Its also easy to say noone is going to run off with my wines, leaving me having paid for nothing. Maybe you are that carefree about your money, however, I am not, so I expect to receive items that I have paid for. Honestly, its really quite useless at this point to respond further on this, the abundance of sarcastic responses to us "dumb folk" who didn't realize the full scope of the Woot.Wine process are so humbly informed now. Bottoms up and enjoy your wine if you have it, if not, bottoms up anyway, your refurbished grapes will eventually make it to us, I guess!!!

Or not... I just happened to log into my account to check the tracking status and lo and behold I see that my order has been refunded in full for this........ I did NOT request any refund so PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?? I sent an email to service@woot.com and expect to hear "sorry about my luck", but those who got this enjoy I suppose as it appears I will NOT be getting my shipment as was promised in so many posts above as I have been quite patient......

--DD73

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Dudleydog73 wrote:Or not... I just happened to log into my account to check the tracking status and lo and behold I see that my order has been refunded in full for this........ I did NOT request any refund so PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?? I sent an email to service@woot.com and expect to hear "sorry about my luck", but those who got this enjoy I suppose as it appears I will NOT be getting my shipment as was promised in so many posts above as I have been quite patient......

--DD73

ok, that's weird. will look into this. we are VERY sensitive to make sure everyone gets their wine in order to judge starting Aug. 29th. we may use all the days, but almost everyone will get the wine in time. if not, we will take extraordinary actions to get it to you.

WD

ready2go

I know I said I was done with this, that the process had been thoroughly explained and that I was now aware of the process. As I thought, the wine arrived into the local UPS hub for delivery at about 5 am this morning and was sent out for delivery. Now, for those of you who may not be familiar with southern Texas, its pretty cool in the morning, mid-70s to lower-80's. So optimal delivery time would be sometime in the morning, before the heat of the day rises into the high-90s. Well, as you can probably guess, its almost 1 pm, and my wines are cooking in some WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! UPS driver's truck. It will probably be about another 4 hours, getting right into the highest temps of the day before "Go Brown" finally decides to stop in, on his way back to the hub, even though I am on the 2nd street coming in from the hub. Guess the books from Amazon.com might catch on fire if he doesn't deliver them first, good thing he has a box of Woot wine to douse the flames with. But hey, at least I know what I paid for is on its way.

mdcatlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdcatlin

Wow, I finally got a occasion to open this wine up and it's terrible. Just plain nasty wine.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Opened a 2004 Zin last night. Wow. Very, very tasty. Luscious fruit without any heat. I can't imagine this will get better with age as it is so delightful right now. It might change to a different "wow" over time, but I could drink cases of this right now.