bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MaskedMarvel wrote:I'm currently writing a utility that will blow up all negative posts for the last two pages and replace them with flowery posts on the exciting wines of this week. Anyone want a copy?

only if it smells of elderberries

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

deaconbluez wrote:I'm glad you didn't take offense. Sometimes I wish I had a sarcasm font so people wouldn't get offended.

This is an excellent idea, I hereby decree that anyone being sarcastic should use italics on the sarcastic portion of the post. Except for me, I'm always sarcastic and everything I say should be taken as such. Except this post, this post should be viewed as rational.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

conroo wrote:From Wiktionary:
Adjective

gibbous (comparative more gibbous, superlative most gibbous)

1. Characterized by convexity; protuberant.
2. (astronomy) Phase of moon between first quarter and full or between full and last quarter.
3. Humpbacked.

So that phase of the moon is what the hunchback of notre dame looks like after a trip to the waxers, that's great. Now I can never look at the moon again.

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd
ddeuddeg wrote:I resemble that remark, but I don't live in Scottsdale.

By the way, how *is* your niece?

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
bhodilee wrote:only if it smells of elderberries

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez
bhodilee wrote:only if it smells of elderberries

And your mother is a hamster?

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
timbyrd wrote:By the way, how *is* your niece?

-- T

"Delightful"

EDIT: She finally broke down, and got her woot square to change color, with the Mystery Wine offer from PW being too much temptation to resist.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

So, got my email saying that this is shipping out! Now, I have to sit patiently for two weeks and check the UPS site everyday, hoping it's almost here.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest
darlenee1 wrote:So, got my email saying that this is shipping out! Now, I have to sit patiently for two weeks and check the UPS site everyday, hoping it's almost here.

*giggles*!!!

I was hoping it would change to "shipped" today...then I would get them tomorrow...I love being this close to Sonoma.

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

BunnyPhooPhoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BunnyPhooPhoo

Got mine this morning, however I think I'll be opening one Thursday.

However, as it seems I'm the first (whoo!), I'll have to see about tonight.

~Woot Loot Total - 106 Total Items, $1,664.21 Spent - But Most Importantly: 7 Craps, 4 LeakFrogs, 6 Monkeys(Blue, Black, Purple, Orange, Desert Camo, Orange Psychadelic) - and Counting!~

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Mine gets here today. Now to bring one or both to NoVA/DC #6????

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pglee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pglee

It's here! Now to have my friends debate "The Duke"

ChrisRM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRM

Is it normal for UPS to get your information on 8/13 and today, 8/20 their tracker still state Billing Information Received with no sign of it actually in transit? I'm on the East Coast.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ChrisRM wrote:Is it normal for UPS to get your information on 8/13 and today, 8/20 their tracker still state Billing Information Received with no sign of it actually in transit? I'm on the East Coast.

Yup. It's on the refridgerated truck meandering across the countryside. When it reaches a UPS hub for final delivery processing, the UPS information will update.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
cheron98 wrote:Yup. It's on the refridgerated truck meandering across the countryside. When it reaches a UPS hub for final delivery processing, the UPS information will update.

Received mine today also, will probably try a duke tomorrow night ... one seems to be in a zin size bottle and the other in a pinot/syrah style bottle, if it makes a difference

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

grate88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grate88

Got my 2 sets this AM - Had the great fortune of running into the UPS guy on the road and he gave me the box approx 6 hours before he would have gotten to my house. Saved a good amount of 100 degree heat exposure.

Even better news...Kudos to the Wellington and Wine woot for the great packaging of the box. After my heat stroked Ty Caton's earlier this year, I was quite worried, but the ketchup packs and styrofoam got the little gems here in tip-top shape.

Now for the fun. I will be taking my 2 mystery bottles to our Palm Springs weekend to share with our wino friends. For the record I received a Pink dot and a blue dot bottle of "fake Duke".

Can't wait. Thanks again!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
tkastorff wrote:Received mine today also, will probably try a duke tomorrow night ... one seems to be in a zin size bottle and the other in a pinot/syrah style bottle, if it makes a difference

What color dot did you get?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

pglee wrote:It's here! Now to have my friends debate "The Duke"

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

BunnyPhooPhoo wrote:Got mine this morning, however I think I'll be opening one Thursday.

However, as it seems I'm the first (whoo!), I'll have to see about tonight.

(as of 2011-03-02)

fendie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fendie

Pink, Blue and Orange for me.

JOATMON

Our story so far:

(as of 2011-03-02)

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

i remember one was blue, think the other was red or pinkish

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

pickles1128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickles1128
fendie wrote:Pink, Blue and Orange for me.

Same here. My mystery wine is here! I'm drafting work friends for the "Duke" wine tasting...

Princessjolie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princessjolie
JOATMON wrote:What color dot did you get?

I got a pink and a blue dot as well. I was hoping someone would have cracked the dot code by the time mine arrived.

On a side note: The guys in receiving think I am getting kickbacks from our distributors. So, I spent the better part of this morning explaining to my boss that I am a woot-aholic, with a double major in wine.woot and shirt.woot. It may have helped that I had on the shirt from Aug 4th. I am pretty sure he joined today. Do I get some kind of Woot prize for spreading the word?

eta: to fix spelling errors, and I am sure there are still some.

cheron98

Mine just came up on the UPS radar as being in Jersey. Which means they now have to backtrack west to be delivered on Friday. This is silly. What happened to that perfect, ideal shipping route that the Laura Zahtila cabs took where they stopped halfway across the country in IL first?

sta11ion69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sta11ion69

got mine today (all the ketchup sized packs had warm water in them though) ... looking forward to testing The Duke ... btw my dot is RED.

brockb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brockb

Got mine in today. GREEN dot.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Mine just arrived at my desk a bit ago. Good thing it came today and not tomorrow as I'll be in DC tomorrow.
Red Dot, Green Dot! (sorta like the game Red Light, Green Light)

There sure are a lot of colors of dots out there. I've counted what, 5 or 6 already?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Mine just arrived at my desk a bit ago. Good thing it came today and not tomorrow as I'll be in DC tomorrow.
Red Dot, Green Dot! (sorta like the game Red Light, Green Light)

There sure are a lot of colors of dots out there. I've counted what, 5 or 6 already?

I think Joat's keeping track of them over on the Mystery Wine Challenge thread.

ready2go

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ready2go

I guess y'all are the lucky ones. Sitting here in Texas and as of 15 Aug, the only thing I have received is an email stating that UPS has received the billing info. Sure wish I could be part of the group comparing dot colors and the joys of these wines. All I get to enjoy is Billing Information received--its very dry, without any body!!!

Refurbished=scaffolding, just don't do it!!!!

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Randomness. I ordered a 1AM Monday when it launched. My coworker ordered about 5 minutes before it sold out. Both of us are getting it delivered to work.

Mine just hit Connecticut this morning (dropped in NY at around 10PM last night).

Hers hit her desk about 2 hours ago.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
Corrado wrote:Randomness. I ordered a 1AM Monday when it launched. My coworker ordered about 5 minutes before it sold out. Both of us are getting it delivered to work.

Mine just hit Connecticut this morning (dropped in NY at around 10PM last night).

Hers hit her desk about 2 hours ago.

I'm sure there's something hard coded in their system that says

if username == "Corrado"
Package.delay(5.days)
end

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
andyduncan wrote:I'm sure there's something hard coded in their system that says

if username == "Corrado"
Package.delay(5.days)
end

That would make sense, but in all likelihood, it's something Corrado did. After all, everything is his fault.

CT | | | | | |

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

I got mine today after missing a shipment attempt yesterday. I have a red dot!!!!

And Andy...doood you're a geek. Here's to catching you in Vegas man.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
javadrinker wrote:I got mine today after missing a shipment attempt yesterday. I have a red dot!!!!

And Andy...doood you're a geek. Here's to catching you in Vegas man.

Extra points if you can tell me what language that is... (although that example is using a language plus a third party framework) EDIT: and it's poorly coded, why on earth would I be calling a class method like that... bad form.

Mine got here today, I got two high shouldered bordeaux-style bottles, one with a red dot and one with a very difficult to tell light pink/peach/orange dot.

People who got orange, is it obviously bright orange?

People who got pink, is it obviously bright pink?

My mystery bottle is, itself, a mystery.

-------------------------------
EDIT: SB confirmed in the other thread that all Pink dots are paper pink dots, while some orange dotted bottles are paper dots and some are markers on the label, mine is a marker on the label, and therefore an orange dot.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

Got mine yesterday, red dot and pink dot, two different bottles too.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

grate88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grate88
andyduncan wrote:Extra points if you can tell me what language that is... (although that example is using a language plus a third party framework) EDIT: and it's poorly coded, why on earth would I be calling a class method like that... bad form.

Mine got here today, I got two high shouldered bordeaux-style bottles, one with a red dot and one with a very difficult to tell light pink/peach/orange dot.

People who got orange, is it obviously bright orange?

People who got pink, is it obviously bright pink?

My mystery bottle is, itself, a mystery.

-------------------------------
EDIT: SB confirmed in the other thread that all Pink dots are paper pink dots, while some orange dotted bottles are paper dots and some are markers on the label, mine is a marker on the label, and therefore an orange dot.

For me Blue and Pink dots both = Syrah type bottles

allanorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allanorn

Just got the order. It is a little warm down here but it looks like no damage to the wines.

I have a red dot on my bottle. I am in San Diego and would be interested in getting together for a "Duke" tasting; if you're interested PM me.

squirtbc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squirtbc

i just opened mine-i think it is an orange dot. could be red but hubby said orange.

H12, Kunde. Rasmussen,highway 12, FCC reserve,castoro,wellington, castoro woot off,

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Still waiting on mine to ship to MN. I've got the UPS notification, but only billing has occurred.

Anyone else in my predicament? Are they holding bottles for any reason?