duck833

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duck833

I am doing an inventory and updating cellar tracker data base, just went to Dundee and brought home three cases of upper end Oregon Pinot Noir's, going to be some real nice drinking.

In my opinion the reason the previous offer sold out was the Mystery Wine, caught lots of interest and is kind of fun.

Nice weather in Dundee today, grapes are happy!!!

good food, good wine, bad girl = great evening

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

i only read a random assortment of posts on the last 2 pages and damn is w.w.com being brutal tonight

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
deaconbluez wrote:I'm glad you didn't take offense. Sometimes I wish I had a sarcasm font so people wouldn't get offended.

If you find such a font, please pass it my way.

I apologize for coming off as rude or as a showoff, tonight or ever. I am quickly learning, as I mature (and admittedly, I have a lot of maturing left to do; I'm only 23) that I come off much different than I intend about 99% of the time. The fact that font lacks any emotion makes this exponentially worse, apparently. I will cease to correct people (even in jest); in reality, I will probably just read more than be so loquacious. I'm here to learn and meet people. I can do both in reticence.

DD, apologies for my admittedly puerile comments.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
duck833 wrote:I am doing an inventory and updating cellar tracker data base, just went to Dundee and brought home three cases of upper end Oregon Pinot Noir's, going to be some real nice drinking.

In my opinion the reason the previous offer sold out was the Mystery Wine, caught lots of interest and is kind of fun.

Nice weather in Dundee today, grapes are happy!!!

i must disagree an say it sold out is cause PW is putting some sort of opiates in the wine.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

duck833

Folks should not post on the blog when drunk.

Princessjolie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princessjolie
conroo wrote:Ah, I loved the Mandolina quartet, too. What great memories.

It was my first wine.woot purchase. And now, a year later, I am spending waaaaaay too much money in here. But at least it is entertaining between shipments.

Princessjolie

duck833 wrote:Folks should not post on the blog when drunk.

aww, but it is so entertaining.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:what exactly is the noir de noirs? should i warn my kind wootleg of another set coming?

I'd hit it.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
Princessjolie wrote:It was my first wine.woot purchase. And now, a year later, I am spending waaaaaay too much money in here. But at least it is entertaining between shipments.

Hey ... we joined at about the same time! Except ..ummm ... I have ten times the posts and a true wine.woot black square. I need to get a life .....

EDIT: ALMOST ten times the posts.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

So, seriously, there were only 2 rats this time? Really? Truly? Wow...

Edit: and conroo, you thought you had no life? I joined months after you, have a true w.w black, and... the post count... my God... I need to get out more!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd
tripgrad wrote:Wooter to blame for sellout: jedudley
Item quantity: 1065

I'm seeing 1063.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

conroo

cheron98 wrote:So, seriously, there were only 2 rats this time? Really? Truly? Wow...

Edit: and conroo, you thought you had no life? I joined months after you, have a true w.w black, and... the post count... my God... I need to get out more!

You are quite loquacious!
I had to look up that word and use it in a sentence to remember it ...

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

duck833 wrote:Folks should not post on the blog when drunk.

What about those in the process of achieving inebriation?

(let me know soon so I can figure out if I need to sign off for the night)

duck833

Glasses of wine are like women's breasts:

One is not enough

Two is just right

Three is too many

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
MaskedMarvel wrote:Predition for tonight's offer:

Le Pique Nique Rose
Sauvignon Blanc
Chardonnay
White Port

4 pack - $55

My dream offer:

Noir de Noir
Victory
Cuvee' R
Anything old vine or 100 yr...

4 pack - PRICELESS

That equals an automatic in for 2. though I know the last is the zin you are looking for...not that I'd hate it...

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

duck833 wrote:Glasses of wine are like women's breasts:

One is not enough

Two is just right

Three is too many

...and too much artificial influence, while great for entertaining, is not the sort of thing you'd want day after day.

conroo

Corrado wrote:What about those in the process of achieving inebriation?

(let me know soon so I can figure out if I need to sign off for the night)

Corrado, you just unwittingly pushed me into opening a bottle of Laura Zahtila Vineyards 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks!

briffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briffe
Corrado wrote:...and too much artificial influence, while great for entertaining, is not the sort of thing you'd want day after day.

Wait until you get to be 60 and decide you are actually going to date your age group.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

briffe wrote:Wait until you get to be 60 and decide you are actually going to date your age group.

If something tragic happens and I am in the dating pool when I'm 60, I will most certainly NOT be dating my age group.

Princessjolie

briffe wrote:Wait until you get to be 60 and decide you are actually going to date your age group.

Wow!

conroo wrote:Corrado, you just unwittingly pushed me into opening a bottle of Laura Zahtila Vineyards 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks!

Seriously? What time zone are you in?

duck833

The don't do that in Scottsdale, all the old farts are running around with eye candy that look like their daughter.

conroo

For those of you looking for a small therm- electric wine cooler, there is a good deal on Atomic Deals! It's nice for a vaction home, or those without a lot of room. It runs very quietly.

From the Web site:
With the Emerson 8 Bottle Electronic Wine Cooler, your private cellar is wherever you want it to be. This compact wine cooler is perfect for entertaining guests with its stylish design and high capacity or just for keeping a private collection at hand. Accommodates eight 13" bottles, and features an adjustable thermoelectric cooling system that allows you to set temperature to match the type of wine.

duck833

Best to trade in the 60 for two 30's!!!!

conroo

Princessjolie wrote:Seriously? What time zone are you in?

Eastern .. and staying up to late tonight, for sure!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
nematic wrote:See, now, there is a right funny name. And, sadly, wikipedia did not indulge my interest in why it is called that. Anyone else know?

A couple different references:

"The waxing gibbous Moon is very nearly full and illuminated generally from the right."
My favorite:
"As the waxing gibbous moon turns full, the pages of our story unfold."

Very apropos woopdedoo....

briffe

Corrado wrote:If something tragic happens and I am in the dating pool when I'm 60, I will most certainly NOT be dating my age group.

It still applies, you will need artificial influence to keep up.

As to being inspired to drinking, I just opened up a Tablas Creek Cotes de Tablas and the first sip (no decanting and no waiting) was velvet. I'm retired and in SoCal so there is still plenty of drinking time.

conroo

sanity wrote:A couple different references:

"The waxing gibbous Moon is very nearly full and illuminated generally from the right."
My favorite:
"As the waxing gibbous moon turns full, the pages of our story unfold."

Very apropos woopdedoo....

From Wiktionary:
Adjective

gibbous (comparative more gibbous, superlative most gibbous)

1. Characterized by convexity; protuberant.
2. (astronomy) Phase of moon between first quarter and full or between full and last quarter.
3. Humpbacked.

briffe

duck833 wrote:The don't do that in Scottsdale, all the old farts are running around with eye candy that look like their daughter.

I remember walking into an upscale hotel in Santa Monica and remarking to my friend how nice it was that all of these elderly gentlemen brought their nieces along for the trip.

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

My guess is Noir de Noir & a red port, for the keeping dark and whoever posted the not starboard (= port) comments.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
timbyrd wrote:My guess is Noir de Noir & a red port, for the keeping dark and whoever posted the not starboard (= port) comments.

-- T

Would one store a port in their cellar with the rest of his/her reds with the cellar on the red setting?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
duck833 wrote:The don't do that in Scottsdale, all the old farts are running around with eye candy that look like their daughter.

I resemble that remark, but I don't live in Scottsdale.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic
conroo wrote:From Wiktionary:
Adjective

gibbous (comparative more gibbous, superlative most gibbous)

1. Characterized by convexity; protuberant.
2. (astronomy) Phase of moon between first quarter and full or between full and last quarter.
3. Humpbacked.

So, basically, its so-named because of the shape of the moon, and the waxing comes because its increasing? Makes sense.

edit: your post gave me the idea to check the OED - sadly, no latin or other root, this word seems to have just appeared -
1. Convex, rounded, protuberant.
c1400 Lanfranc's Cirurg. 167 In oon side he is gibbous, & in {th}e to{th}er side he is more playn. 1548-77 VICARY Anat. viii. (1888) 69 The forme of the lyuer is gibbous or bunchy on the back side.

conroo

nematic wrote:So, basically, its so-named because of the shape of the moon, and the waxing comes because its increasing? Makes sense.

edit: your post gave me the idea to check the OED - sadly, no latin or other root, this word seems to have just appeared -
c1400 Lanfranc's Cirurg. 167 In oon side he is gibbous, & in {th}e to{th}er side he is more playn. 1548-77 VICARY Anat. viii. (1888) 69 The forme of the lyuer is gibbous or bunchy on the back side.

I believe the word has a use in botany in describing leaf shapes.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Would one store a port in their cellar with the rest of his/her reds with the cellar on the red setting?

I would say so, but because of the higher alcohol content, I think you have a greater margin of error. Someone with greater expertise, please correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that; we have a bottle coming already, and more, if the optimists are correct on this being in the coming offer.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
nematic wrote:So, basically, its so-named because of the shape of the moon, and the waxing comes because its increasing? Makes sense.

Yes to the first part of your post, think waxing and waning, and yes to conroo from the subsequent post. Thank goodness for many years of latin. Somehow, I remembered the reference to a story unfolding, and found it it my dictionary (a paper one) but heck if I can find the quote online, though I did find it at dictionary.com, too.

Ok, I'm probably getting too oblique here, but one of my all time favorite poems as a kid was "Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod" and I remember the gibbous quote from another poem in the book. As a child, this book was huge and too heavy for me to carry, so I would pull it off the shelf and read it right on the floor, and I remember it had so many poems that made me daydream and want to travel.

Thanks woopdedoo for the inadvertent trip down memory lane.

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight
duck833 wrote:Glasses of wine are like women's breasts:

One is not enough

Two is just right

Three is too many

Nothing wrong with enjoying four !

Princessjolie

conroo wrote:I believe the word has a use in botany in describing leaf shapes.

I swear, this place has the best conversations. Where else can you get the usage of loquacious and a discussion on Waxing Gibbous.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I heard of one guy who was really happy when his first grandchild was born.

The only sand in his vaseline was the realization that he was going to bed with a grandmother...

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Wow...I just caught up on the shenanigans right before going to bed and I have to say that I've seen monkeys at the zoo acting with more class...and they were flinging poo at each other.

I'm kidding...it wasn't that bad. I've just always wanted to have a reference to monkeys flinging poo in a post. My goals in life are surprisingly simple.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
dannies wrote:i have full detail about Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge and other popular wine if anyone want to know about visit here.

Wine Club

This spammer got us in the other thread (the guy who moved to Utah or whatever). How appropriate it's after a post about monkey's and their poo-flinging!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now