dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

nice. another dumb question - is the n d n's sparkling? i only ask because the blanc de blanc's i've all had were sparkling. and i know there's only a minor name analogy going on here, but still..thought it was worth asking.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

Bitter sweet that it has sold out. I was dying to try these wines and this winemaker but I also really wanted to eat this month too. Hopefully the next Wellington offering will not follow the serious back to back wine wooting I have been involved in.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I need to get more wine knowledge. Can't keep up with some of the talk.

Btw, how long does the shipping take to northern California?

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
CAGrl wrote:I need to get more wine knowledge. Can't keep up with some of the talk.

Btw, how long does the shipping take to northern California?

In my experience, once it ships, you'll get it the next day (I'm in San Jose)

Typically, the boxes are picked up one evening from WD, and then delivered the next morning to my Private Mail Box. So, actual ship time is never an issue.

Waiting for it to ship; that can be an issue. Can be the next day all the way to several weeks. Especially during the summer.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:what exactly is the noir de noirs? should i warn my kind wootleg of another set coming?

It is made from Concord (no actually some other red grape that actually has red grape juice) grapes. Unlike other red grapes, which have clear/light juice, this grape has red grape juice. At least that's what Toby told me (us).

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
woopdedoo wrote:It is made from Concord (no actually some other red grape that actually has red grape juice) grapes. Unlike other red grapes, which have clear/light juice, this grape has red grape juice. At least that's what Toby told me (us).

That would be Alicante Bouschet as the predominant varietal you're trying to recall.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
JOATMON wrote:In my experience, once it ships, you'll get it the next day (I'm in San Jose)

Typically, the boxes are picked up one evening from WD, and then delivered the next morning to my Private Mail Box. So, actual ship time is never an issue.

Waiting for it to ship; that can be an issue. Can be the next day all the way to several weeks. Especially during the summer.

East Coasters will be eagerly awaiting their boxes while West Coasters spoil all the dot fun.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:Cuvee R, Cuvee R, Cuvee R. I will bust out the Jobu statue if I have to

*opens wine cooler. gazes lovingly at the 3 Cuvee R's. giggles. closes the cooler door*

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
javadrinker wrote:That would be Alicante Bouschet as the predominant varietal you're trying to recall.

See, I knew SOMEONE was listening.

javadrinker

eric9tx wrote:*opens wine cooler. gazes lovingly at the 3 Cuvee R's. giggles. closes the cooler door*

*opens wine cooler door...oops...wrong one...opens OTHER wine cooler door. Pushes aside 2 Cuvee R's to make little goo-goo eyes at 2 Wellington Syrah RESERVE bottles*

Knight jumps queen!

Bishop jumps queen!

Pawns jump queen!

Gangbang!

Edit: Forgot to close the door... *closes door*...carry on.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
javadrinker wrote:*opens wine cooler door...oops...wrong one...opens OTHER wine cooler door. Pushes aside 2 Cuvee R's to make little goo-goo eyes at 2 Wellington Syrah RESERVE bottles*

Knight jumps queen!

Bishop jumps queen!

Pawns jump queen!

Gangbang!

Edit: Forgot to close the door... *closes door*...carry on.

You look like the piss boy.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
woopdedoo wrote:Congrats Peter, though I am astounded this took this long to sell out. Of course 4,000 bottles of juice sold in three days isn't so bad.

Thanks, and Imelda thanks all the w00ters. She left here 2 hours ago, after finishing her relabeling work, and I'd lay even odds she's already got at least one more pair of shoes than she did this morning.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
SonomaBouliste wrote:Thanks, and Imelda thanks all the w00ters. She left here 2 hours ago, after finishing her relabeling work, and I'd lay even odds she's already got at least one more pair of shoes than she did this morning.

Just one? Sounds like someone is taking advantage of the laws that allow you to pay you OWN kids less than you'd have to pay actual hired help . 1,000 relabled bottles and all she gets is a single pair of shoes. Geesh!

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwhite6114 wrote:Just one? Sounds like someone is taking advantage of the laws that allow you to pay you OWN kids less than you'd have to pay actual hired help . 1,000 relabled bottles and all she gets is a single pair of shoes. Geesh!

Hey, hey! You're alive! We were starting to get worried about ya

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sorry. I just caught up.
Noir de Noirs = "in the dark"?
PLEASE? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEEASE?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SonomaBouliste

jwhite6114 wrote:Just one? Sounds like someone is taking advantage of the laws that allow you to pay you OWN kids less than you'd have to pay actual hired help . 1,000 relabled bottles and all she gets is a single pair of shoes. Geesh!

I paid Imelda and and her sister piece rate, and they made $12-15/hr., which is about what I would have had to pay someone else.. She'll have plenty left over for latte's, other clothes, etc.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
javadrinker wrote:That would be Alicante Bouschet as the predominant varietal you're trying to recall.

Way to go Java!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

SonomaBouliste

ladyofwine wrote:Maybe its just a hook for Wooters. SB includes it, gets the mystery hunters interested and then doesn't woot it but it's great PR for the release - tricky and smart!

Guess whose newsletter I just got via e-mail? If memory serves, I think it's a ZAP list. Maybe other w00ters would like to receive it (I didn't notice any mention of it during your week).

SonomaBouliste

CIGAR TIME!

Ty Caton's a dad. Everybody needs to send congratulations to the first time parents.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:Sorry. I just caught up.

Read the posts at the top of p. 17 by woopdedoo and javadrinker. Also, click on the brown link within java's post and you will/might learn something.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

SonomaBouliste wrote:CIGAR TIME!

Ty Caton's a dad. Everybody needs to send congratulations to the first time parents.

Via his website? Or do you have a secret code-ring email?

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Congratulations to the Caton's on their new vintage!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

AWE-SOME (and then some)!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

Good God that was a fast response, I JUST emailed them...

Direct from Ty:

Kendall Julianne Caton, 6 Ibs, 9 ounces, 19 inches long
Born Monday, 2:50 AM
All is good

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Oh, I will! Do you have his email/contact info?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

javadrinker

Awesome!!! Congrats to the Catons and welcome to the little new Catonite!!!!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Loweeel wrote:Oh, I will! Do you have his email/contact info?

...or you could post here!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:what exactly is the noir de noirs? should i warn my kind wootleg of another set coming?

I'll have the mailroom on alert.

Dude... wait, what?

ChrisRM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRM
Method427 wrote:When can we expect to see the "Wanna Be" wine from the Wine Library TV episode? Is it possible that it is the Mystery Bottle? The 04 Wellington Zin was featured on the same episode.

I'm in for one just to be safe.

Which episode # would that be?

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:nice. another dumb question - is the n d n's sparkling? i only ask because the blanc de blanc's i've all had were sparkling. and i know there's only a minor name analogy going on here, but still..thought it was worth asking.

Surprised no-one answered this yet, no, not sparkling, and there's no Pinot Noir in it either. Just teeth-stainingly dark.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

cheron98

ChrisRM wrote:Which episode # would that be?

501, I believe.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
SonomaBouliste wrote:I paid Imelda and and her sister piece rate, and they made $12-15/hr., which is about what I would have had to pay someone else.. She'll have plenty left over for latte's, other clothes, etc.

Well, OK then -- just didn't want to think we were enjoying the fruits of slave labor

And, speaking of kids, congrats Ty!!

CT | | | | | |

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
andyduncan wrote:Surprised no-one answered this yet, no, not sparkling, and there's no Pinot Noir in it either. Just teeth-stainingly dark.

Furthermore, that was definitely not a dumb question. If I hadn't had some in Peter's tasting room a few weeks back, I could have been wondering the same thing.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:Sorry. I just caught up.

When you say "caught up," evidently you mean rejoined the thread without bothering to read any of what you missed during your absence. Otherwise, you might have read the post that bahwm referred you to about the predominant grape in the Noir de Noir (literally black from black). You might also have seen This one specifically about the wine itself, which is excerpted from the Wellington Vineyards website, available to anyone who has an internet connection, knows how to use it, and is willing to take the time to do so. Of course, who knows if you'll even bother to read this?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ChrisRM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRM
bahwm wrote:Yeah! Another Mac person! Accents with ease!

You can add another to the Apple column.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Hey, hey! You're alive! We were starting to get worried about ya

No, we weren't. We knew you were in Hershey.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Good God that was a fast response, I JUST emailed them...

Direct from Ty:

Kendall Julianne Caton, 6 Ibs, 9 ounces, 19 inches long
Born Monday, 2:50 AM
All is good

CONGRATULATIONS!

And I still need to get the pics to you from that night at Duece's for the RPM Wine Tour last month.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote: :snip: When you say "caught up," evidently you mean rejoined the thread without bothering to read any of what you missed during your absence. Otherwise, you might have read the post that bahwm referred you to about the predominant grape in the Noir de Noir (literally black from black). :snip:

I know what it means and I read the post and saw the website. My post was pleading that the Noir de Noir be tonight's offering. I was not asking what it was. The "in the dark" was refering to PW's comment that he likes to keep us "in the dark." I am fully aware of the word Noir, (Film Noir, Pinot Noir, etc.)

Either get your life together or stop jumping on me for your erroneous assumptions.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:yes, they were too few to part with this year. I like Loweeels idea of Noir de Noirs even more than Cuvee R I think.

You try the chicken rub yet? I know you said you liked the Prime Rib Rub

Not yet. I bought a noir de noirs last fall, but I have yet to open it. Liked it in the tasting room, but it is unique.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
ddeuddeg wrote:When you say "caught up," evidently you mean rejoined the thread without bothering to read any of what you missed during your absence. Otherwise, you might have read the post that bahwm referred you to about the predominant grape in the Noir de Noir (literally black from black). You might also have seen This one specifically about the wine itself, which is excerpted from the Wellington Vineyards website, available to anyone who has an internet connection, knows how to use it, and is willing to take the time to do so. Of course, who knows if you'll even bother to read this?

I hope this is someone you are close friends with, and not that you are just a nasty person.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now