ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
themostrighteous wrote:nah, that would have been easy: to do so w/ just ONE is an art form!

Yeah, I was going for one, but I missed by about a minute. Fortunately, bahwm already got us 3. And there are still 9 bottles on the way from the tour.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
Daystar wrote:Just booked my sky dive for Saturday! Wooot!

Good for you, I've never done it, but understand that having a parachute along helps the chances of survival.

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
javadrinker wrote:WTG on the sell out SB...but it's not like any of us didn't see it coming.

As for a guess to the new offer, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not going to be a Wellington offer at all. They don't have the time to offer us new wine...they're still labeling 1000+ bottles of the quasi-Duke.

Maybe a food-related offering is coming up next.

Do we have any reason to believe that it is another PW offering?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Okay where's the other rats. There should be a total of 6 out there, and we've heard from TWO. We're definitely missing some rattage.

Maybe WD can talk the codeslaves into adding something to the order page on labrat and/or delivery delay.

Something like a check box to indicate availability for labrat that week. Or lack therof. And maybe another text box to request a delivery delay (travel that week or next week).

Or WD could just post the labrat shipments in the labrat thread on the World of Woot Wine forums .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
woopdedoo wrote:I am astounded this took this long to sell out. Of course 4,000 bottles of juice sold in three days isn't so bad.

4260 bottles, to be precise.
Edit: not including the free bottles to 'rats.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

ddeuddeg

darlenee1 wrote:Touche (don't know how to do that accent mark)

If you want to know how to do Accent marks, this will help.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

woopdedoo wrote:Not really predictions, but hopes -

Marsanne, Sav Blanc, and Chard AND White Port - all Wellington of course.

Marsanne, yes, please.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
javadrinker wrote:WTG on the sell out SB...but it's not like any of us didn't see it coming.

As for a guess to the new offer, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not going to be a Wellington offer at all. They don't have the time to offer us new wine...they're still labeling 1000+ bottles of the quasi-Duke.

Maybe a food-related offering is coming up next.

God I hope so, I can't afford more wine this week. If it's the Balsamic again though I'll probably be in. Even better if it was the olive oil

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Okay where's the other rats. There should be a total of 6 out there, and we've heard from TWO. We're definitely missing some rattage.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was more typical to have one labrat per bottle of the offer. That would mean there's only one missing. Maybe 2.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
kylemittskus wrote:Do we have any reason to believe that it is another PW offering?

It freakin better be more Wellington! I only wooted for one so I could Woot for a bunch come Thursday!

Pls more Wellington, pls!

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe WD can talk the codeslaves into adding something to the order page on labrat and/or delivery delay.

Something like a check box to indicate availability for labrat that week. Or lack therof. And maybe another text box to request a delivery delay (travel that week or next week).

Or WD could just post the labrat shipments in the labrat thread on the World of Woot Wine forums .....

Cool! Something else to slow down the wannabe first buyers!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
MarkDaSpark wrote:touché (hold down the ALT key and press 0 2 3 3 in succession and release the ALT key. the é should then appear.

Oh, right, 0233... that's intuitive and memorable. Of all the things MS hasn't yet ripped off from Apple, can't they at least steal the special character input? (é = press option-e then e again)

Heck, repurpose the windows key, it's not like it's busy doing anything else...

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought it was more typical to have one labrat per bottle of the offer. That would mean there's only one missing. Maybe 2.

I thought it was 2 rats per bottle. That's how it was during the Chase offering (I know that one for sure).

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
andyduncan wrote:Oh, right, 0233... that's intuitive and memorable. Of all the things MS hasn't yet ripped off from Apple, can't they at least steal the special character input? (é = press option-e then e again)

Yeah! Another Mac person! Accents with ease!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

andyduncan wrote:Oh, right, 0233... that's intuitive and memorable. Of all the things MS hasn't yet ripped off from Apple, can't they at least steal the special character input? (é = press option-e then e again)

You only have to do it that way on the boards. Inside Office, you can do it easier.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought it was more typical to have one labrat per bottle of the offer. That would mean there's only one missing. Maybe 2.

Watching the rat pack over the past few months has shown that there's typically 2 rats per DIFFERENT bottle in the offering. Assuming there will be no rattage of the mystery bottle, that puts us at 6 rats.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

From what I remember, it has always been 2 labrats per bottle in the offer. If it is the same wine, then only 2 labrats. With 3 wines (not counting the mystery wine), it should be 6. It could be more if WD shipped the mystery wine(s) also.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
MarkDaSpark wrote:You only have to do it that way on the boards. Inside Office, you can do it easier.

Still not good enough. It should be part of the OS's text services. Demand better of your OS :-)

Disclaimer: I use Windows, Mac, Solaris and Linux machines, so I'm not trying to start a holy war. Except OS2. OS2 is for timid kitty cats.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
Daystar wrote:Just booked my sky dive for Saturday! Wooot!

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may not be for you."

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

Isn't the true "Duke" supposed to come out soon? That would be my guess for the next offering. I would be in for a couple six packs.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Watching the rat pack over the past few months has shown that there's typically 2 rats per DIFFERENT bottle in the offering. Assuming there will be no rattage of the mystery bottle, that puts us at 6 rats.

Obviously, I shouldn't be posting memory-based things while still under the influence of the Versid the doc gave me this morning.

bhodilee

mshilko wrote:Isn't the true "Duke" supposed to come out soon? That would be my guess for the next offering. I would be in for a couple six packs.

Duke doesn't cost enough retail to make sense to sell here.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
MaskedMarvel wrote:Predictions, then, for tonight?

Who said anything about tonight?

mshilko

bhodilee wrote:Duke doesn't cost enough retail to make sense to sell here.

Probably right, unless it is a higher level duke. Maybe even an Earl, Baron, or Lord.

I did enjoy their Pique-Nique wine at the tasting room last month, so will probably get whatever SB offers up.

ladyofwine

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ladyofwine

Maybe its just a hook for Wooters. SB includes it, gets the mystery hunters interested and then doesn't woot it but it's great PR for the release - tricky and smart!

kylemittskus

SonomaBouliste wrote:Who said anything about tonight?

Um... does someone want to decode this mess now?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

In word, you can hit ctrl-', and then the e and get an accent. Doesn't work in this editor.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mshilko

kylemittskus wrote:Um... does someone want to decode this mess now?

I guess it can mean that it might be today instead of tonight, or that there is not a Wellington offer tonight and it is something else altogether.

I am guessing there are more than a few that will be bummed if there is not another Wellington offer tonight.

bhodilee

mshilko wrote:I guess it can mean that it might be today instead of tonight, or that there is not a Wellington offer tonight and it is something else altogether.

I am guessing there are more than a few that will be bummed if there is not another Wellington offer tonight.

I for one would be ok with it unless it's the Cuvee R and I can rid myself of that little mistake.

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
kylemittskus wrote:Um... does someone want to decode this mess now?

how bout you sit patiently till 10pm tonight ... sigh

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

kylemittskus

bhodilee wrote:I for one would be ok with it unless it's the Cuvee R and I can rid myself of that little mistake.

If said mistake was that of not ordering, I have a penance to pay as well. I will not be stupid enough to pass the Cuvee up again.

mshilko

kylemittskus wrote:If said mistake was that of not ordering, I have a penance to pay as well. I will not be stupid enough to pass the Cuvee up again.

Fortunately I was able to get those.

Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack
You ordered 6 Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
bhodilee wrote:I for one would be ok with it unless it's the Cuvee R and I can rid myself of that little mistake.

Bhodi, buddy, You know how much i care. Sorry just drank my last bottle 2 nights ago and well, Your Right! You should have. Damn was it good

bhodilee

ERMD wrote:Bhodi, buddy, You know how much i care. Sorry just drank my last bottle 2 nights ago and well, Your Right! You should have. Damn was it good

Well, ya don't care enough to send the very best! ya done drank it

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
bhodilee wrote:bkarney can evidently get you a deal, he shoots coke out of his nose

Coca-COLA, I had really hoped that you had forgotten bout that one!! You and those one-liners!

CT

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
bhodilee wrote:Duke doesn't cost enough retail to make sense to sell here.

I think quite a few of us would purchase the duke here, even at full retail price, just to save on shipping.

signed.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
bhodilee wrote:Even better if it was the olive oil

Right on *crossing fingers*

CT

bhodilee

canonizer wrote:I think quite a few of us would purchase the duke here, even at full retail price, just to save on shipping.

I would actually, but even at retail after woots cut I dunno if he'd do it. We'll leave it up to SB and WD. But demand is there I think.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder
woopdedoo wrote:Not really predictions, but hopes -

Marsanne, Sav Blanc, and Chard AND White Port - all Wellington of course.

Roussanne, perhaps?

Dude... wait, what?

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

So what's the next offer double secret Lady Queen???