MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
javadrinker wrote:Awesome side by side comparison MM. Just to expand on the '02 a bit, did you feel that this one was more like the other wines and had just gone past its sweet spot or was it just different all together?

SB, any comments on the differences during the growing seasons for each year?

Very possibly. Also possible the bottle wasn't as "loved." No idea what happened to it before a few weeks ago. We did note that all three seemed very well balanced. But the 2002 was more different than the 2003, than the 2003 was more different than the 2004. Very distinct wines, but the 2003 and 2004 was closer.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
JOATMON wrote:Heh, I don't even know where "there" is.

"Here" is SF Bay Area. Dangerously close to the wine country. Wine countries.

You win. Guess I should put the house up for sale...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Are you as impecunious as I am because man... I need to stop sometime.

Dude, alcohol only makes that worse

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

sk8ybike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sk8ybike
kylemittskus wrote:My order was successfully increased to 2!!! How am I going to pay for this??? I took a week and a half off work! And Thursday is still coming! Ah!!!!

Did you order both at once, or did you add the order for the second later? I meant to order 2 of these, but I was too fast on the mouse and forgot to click i want two Is there any way of changing this before the new woot is up?

cheron98

sk8ybike wrote:Did you order both at once, or did you add the order for the second later? I meant to order 2 of these, but I was too fast on the mouse and forgot to click i want two Is there any way of changing this before the new woot is up?

email service@woot.com and beg to have your order upped

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
sk8ybike wrote:Did you order both at once, or did you add the order for the second later? I meant to order 2 of these, but I was too fast on the mouse and forgot to click i want two Is there any way of changing this before the new woot is up?

I increased after my original order. Do what Cheron said. She is an intelliget woman. And apparently, she owns me as well. (Although, this time, she responded to a question posed to me so who owns whom Ms. Cheron? )

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
andyduncan wrote:My Thermo Hawk infrafred thermometer begs to differ. (actually, that's all it can do, since it's f-ing useless at reading temperatures)

Surface temp is kind of cool. Was fun while smoking food this weekend to take relative temperatures inside. Also, I plan on measuring temps of snow soils at Mt. Washington next spring.

Tuckerman's here I come.

signed.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:You win, she's in the Detroit area.

Anywhere vs. Detroit wins, doesn't it?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

smlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smlauren
eric9tx wrote:Anywhere vs. Detroit wins, doesn't it?

Unless we're talkin NHL, yeah.

439 Bottles
$8,531.53
Avg. cost per bottle $19.43

cheron98

This is true... 'Course, as I keep saying, I'm not IN Detroit...

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

Well, except Pittsburgh...

Method427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Method427

When can we expect to see the "Wanna Be" wine from the Wine Library TV episode? Is it possible that it is the Mystery Bottle? The 04 Wellington Zin was featured on the same episode.

I'm in for one just to be safe.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Method427 wrote:When can we expect to see the "Wanna Be" wine from the Wine Library TV episode? Is it possible that it is the Mystery Bottle? The 04 Wellington Zin was featured on the same episode.

Ha, feel free to ask SB, something tells me that he's not spilling tho!

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Method427 wrote:When can we expect to see the "Wanna Be" wine from the Wine Library TV episode? Is it possible that it is the Mystery Bottle? The 04 Wellington Zin was featured on the same episode.

As it says in the posts, the Mystery wine is a Wellington, from the current Wellington offerings.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Even I don't know when it will be offered... and I've tasted the final blend and seen the INSANELY AWESOME final label.

Just chill. It will be well worth the wait.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:As it says in the posts, the Mystery wine is a Wellington, from the current Wellington offerings.

And there are at least three "dots" which theoretically denotes 3 mystery wines.

kylemittskus

Loweeel wrote:Even I don't know when it will be offered... and I've tasted the final blend and seen the INSANELY AWESOME final label.

Do you know the name of said wine?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:I increased after my original order. Do what Cheron said. She is an intelliget woman. And apparently, she owns me as well. (Although, this time, she responded to a question posed to me so who owns whom Ms. Cheron? )

..... silly PSquishy! she was being helpful to the other poster. Note she did not address you at all. ... mmmmmm PSquishy burgers .......

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Method427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Method427
Loweeel wrote:Even I don't know when it will be offered... and I've tasted the final blend and seen the INSANELY AWESOME final label.

Just chill. It will be well worth the wait.

Thanks!

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:..... silly PSquishy! she was being helpful to the other poster. Note she did not address you at all. ... mmmmmm PSquishy burgers .......

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
afranke wrote:Well, except Pittsburgh...

and this not even coming from MarkDaSpark. It hurts, but "next year" begins Oct 4th. Ya'll got Hossa and Conklin but we have Satan on our side. Miroslav that is, probably 1/2 as good as Hossa but a cooler name.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:And there are at least three "dots" which theoretically denotes 3 mystery wines.

If you had read the contest "rules," you would know that 3 orders = 3 different mystery wines. You can read, can't you?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

InShadows wrote:and this not even coming from MarkDaSpark. It hurts, but "next year" begins Oct 4th. Ya'll got Hossa and Conklin but we have Satan on our side. Miroslav that is, probably 1/2 as good as Hossa but a cooler name.

Figured you had suffered enough ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:If you had read the contest "rules," you would know that 3 orders = 3 different mystery wines. You can read, can't you?

Well, PSquishy is an english grad student .... so no

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219

First wine.woot for me! I am very excited and am planning on beginning a project to build a cellar to store all the wine that I am going to start getting now that we moved from Kansas to Illinois! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on plans for a wine rack that they love or could point me online to one of the more reasonable racks they have found? I have the ability to build one myself but really don't know how would be the best way to go about that just yet.

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
cheron98 wrote:You win. Guess I should put the house up for sale...

Can you rent it out? You can then wait for the market to go back up again.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bhodilee

jp9219 wrote:First wine.woot for me! I am very excited and am planning on beginning a project to build a cellar to store all the wine that I am going to start getting now that we moved from Kansas to Illinois! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on plans for a wine rack that they love or could point me online to one of the more reasonable racks they have found? I have the ability to build one myself but really don't know how would be the best way to go about that just yet.

Build your own wine rack you say?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

smlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smlauren
jp9219 wrote:First wine.woot for me! I am very excited and am planning on beginning a project to build a cellar to store all the wine that I am going to start getting now that we moved from Kansas to Illinois! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on plans for a wine rack that they love or could point me online to one of the more reasonable racks they have found? I have the ability to build one myself but really don't know how would be the best way to go about that just yet.

My only advice would be build it twice as big as you had originally planned.

Where are you at in Illinois? Come to the CWWT #4 this weekend.

439 Bottles
$8,531.53
Avg. cost per bottle $19.43

Loweeel

kylemittskus wrote:Do you know the name of said wine?

Yes . The PSith have PowerS beyond your comPrehenSion.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:If you had read the contest "rules," you would know that 3 orders = 3 different mystery wines. You can read, can't you?

The rules actually say "three mystery bottles" so your assumption that each bottle contains a different wine (based on the rules) could be erroneous. Do I readed them rules good?

kylemittskus

Loweeel wrote:Yes . The PSith have PowerS beyond your comPrehenSion.

Does that mean that WD told you not to tell us?

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
smlauren wrote:My only advice would be build it twice as big as you had originally planned.

Where are you at in Illinois? Come to the CWWT #4 this weekend.

We are in Bartlett but we have a wedding out of town this week-end...otherwise, I'm sure I'd find my way there! Thanks for the advice

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:The rules actually say "three mystery bottles" so your assumption that each bottle contains a different wine (based on the rules) could be erroneous. Do I readed them rules good?

This is from Jason Toon's initial post about the Challenge:
Buy the current winery direct deal, a Peter Wellington Three-Pack. Each order will include a 4th bottle of mystery wine from Wellington Vineyards. If you order two or three three-packs, you’ll get two or three different mystery bottles.

I don't see how it could be more clear. But as always, YMMV.

EDIT: I suppose that one might argue that different bottles does not necessarily mean different contents. Most of us would reject that argument as totally spurious.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder
kylemittskus wrote:Are you as impecunious as I am because man... I need to stop sometime.

Impecunious. Had to look that one up. Impetuous, maybe
(mini-part-hat? post #100!)

Dude... wait, what?

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:Does that mean that WD told you not to tell us?

Your PowerS of deduction are impeccable.

Loweeel

kylemittskus wrote:Does that mean that WD told you not to tell us?

"Told" would be putting it mildly. I think it was something like, "You'll keep your damn mouth shut if you ever want the scent of your beloved PS on this site again."

But I still got to see the label (which I recommended that WD get on a shirt, because it's that frakking sweet!), see the final composition, and taste a sample bottle of the final blend. Mmm... strawberry jam.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
kylemittskus wrote:The rules actually say "three mystery bottles" so your assumption that each bottle contains a different wine (based on the rules) could be erroneous. Do I readed them rules good?

From the rules blog post:

Buy the current winery direct deal, a Peter Wellington Three-Pack. Each order will include a 4th bottle of mystery wine from Wellington Vineyards. If you order two or three three-packs, you’ll get two or three different mystery bottles.

Available here, for those pesky about sources.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

bhodilee

Loweeel wrote:"Told" would be putting it mildly. I think it was something like, "You'll keep your damn mouth shut if you ever want the scent of your beloved PS on this site again."

But I still got to see the label (which I recommended that WD get on a shirt, because it's that frakking sweet!), see the final composition, and taste a sample bottle of the final blend. Mmm... strawberry jam.

Damn you Psidious, I'm already in for three with gifting a serious option

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
Loweeel wrote:
But I still got to see the label (which I recommended that WD get on a shirt, because it's that frakking sweet!)

In for one! Oh, wait...

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

senorwilli

quality posts: 4 Private Messages senorwilli
paryb wrote:Totally!

I'm down south in Alamogordo, where are you? Other NM wooters?

Hey, I'm in El Paso. A mere hour or so drive. I'm in for a group tasting. anyone else in the area?

PS - WD thanks for the $4.98 birthday gift.

In Bacchus we trust, and practice daily...
It all started with Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio 8/23/2006