darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Red dot here, standard bottle shape

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

Had our little gathering. Drank to the good ol' Orange, Pink and Blue. Had a couple cheeses (include a trial of Dubliner with quince jam). Made strawberry ice cream and finished with some Madeira.

And the results are....

... going to have to wait for the 29th.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
timbyrd wrote:Had our little gathering. Drank to the good ol' Orange, Pink and Blue. Had a couple cheeses (include a trial of Dubliner with quince jam). Made strawberry ice cream and finished with some Madeira.

And the results are....

... going to have to wait for the 29th.

-- T

Oh man! If only I hadn't had more fun at the PSadawan Training and NoVA/DC #6!

But if I hadn't already been in DC, I would have brought my Red one. Oh well, another time .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

Hey, Peter!! You've got your tasting room guys trained well....I was at your tasting room on Saturday and tried to get Toby(I believe that was his name...kind of looked like Robert Downey Jr.) to give any clues on "The Duke", but, to no avail...great room you have there! Your chocolates are great!! Had one with some of your port, delicious.

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

srisbon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srisbon

Received my shipment today (actually delivered last week but I was out....) My mystery wine has a green dot. Will try to wait until Friday and have some friends sample with me so as to try and increase my chances of guessing correctly....

kevo152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevo152
afranke wrote:I laughed out loud at the brown bag. Well played.

Green dot, high-shouldered bottle.

Same here. On both accounts. I laughed and removed the bag to see my high-shouldered bottle, green dot.

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla
kevo152 wrote:Same here. On both accounts. I laughed and removed the bag to see my high-shouldered bottle, green dot.

I too have the green dot in a "Bordeaux" type bottle. I just opened it & poured it into a decanter. Hope it goes well with deep dish pizzas flown in from Chicago. (A spinach & a sausage for anyone interested...)

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

Just wondering how/if people are entering their mystery bottles into cellar tracker?

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh man! If only I hadn't had more fun at the PSadawan Training and NoVA/DC #6!

I'd also meant to post that neither Java nor Sparky showed up with their red dots, but at least Java had a valid excuse. Merely being 3000 miles away doesn't count.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom

No Mad Skillz for this mama. BUT. I got an orange dot. A scribbled on one. VERY light marker. I had to chase the UPS guy down after the 3rd delivery attempt! He's used to it though. Stay at home moms rarely do. Stay home that is.
Anyway... opened it last night. YUM. AND... I think I know what it is! I can't wait to read the entries! Who knew drinking wine could be MORE fun?

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

Green and red dots here in standard Bordeaux bottles. Will open one tomorrow nite.

CT

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Green dot in standard Bordeaux bottles. 13.9% alcohol. Will open thursday nite.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
SonomaBouliste wrote:The orange paper dots are fairly dark - could even be confused for red in poor light (my fault for letting my daughter pick similar colors). We did run out of orange paper dots and had to use a marking pen. If your dot was made by pen and is lighter, then it's "orange". (All the pink dots are paper.)

I hope this helps.

Gifted order arrives with an orange dot (drawn), pink dot, and a drawn "red" dot - but your post indicates all drawn dots are orange? I'm guessing it's a red dot, since they were all in the same order?

EDIT -

For a total 6 bottles ordered:

(First Order)
Green Dot
Red Dot
Orange Dot

(Second Order)
Pink Dot
Orange Dot (Drawn)
Red Dot? (Drawn)

Shucks - No Blue!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
MaskedMarvel wrote:Gifted order arrives with an orange dot (drawn), pink dot, and a drawn "red" dot - but your post indicates all drawn dots are orange? I'm guessing it's a red dot, since they were all in the same order?

EDIT -

(First Order)
Green Dot
Red Dot
Orange Dot

(Second Order)
Pink Dot
Orange Dot (Drawn)
Red Dot? (Drawn)

Shucks - No Blue!

My red dot and my orange dot were both drawn on with a marker. Red was obviously red, orange was the one I had trouble with.

And holy shirts and pants, six orders? That's two full cases. No wonder these sold out quick :-)

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

bluebeatpete

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bluebeatpete

Green dot 14.2%, bordeaux bottle in a brown paper bag. Hmm, what do I drink first, wine or 40 of OE??

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
bluebeatpete wrote:Green dot 14.2%, bordeaux bottle in a brown paper bag. Hmm, what do I drink first, wine or 40 of OE??

We're more of a "Steel Reserve" family. It's high gravity, you know ;)

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
MaskedMarvel wrote:Gifted order arrives with an orange dot (drawn), pink dot, and a drawn "red" dot - but your post indicates all drawn dots are orange? I'm guessing it's a red dot, since they were all in the same order?

EDIT -

(First Order)
Green Dot
Red Dot
Orange Dot

(Second Order)
Pink Dot
Orange Dot (Drawn)
Red Dot? (Drawn)

Shucks - No Blue!

We had to draw some red, orange and green dots

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I got a blue dot as my brown baggin' Duke! It's in a burgundy bottle if that matters, but I am running under the assumption that it doesn't.

I'm looking forward to playing, this was a very fun idea and I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to the Wellington's for their work on our game as well as Peter's contributions to the site.

senorwilli

quality posts: 4 Private Messages senorwilli

Just opened the box today. I have a red dot and a pink dot. Bottle types consistent with previous posts. It's a darn good thing I'm not color blind.

Clever contest to get us to empty our wine cellars quicker and order more....
Salud!

In Bacchus we trust, and practice daily...
It all started with Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio 8/23/2006

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Peter - I used your Haley's Pourers on both mystery bottles to deal with the crystals. They worked great. And I used them to store over night as well. Very versatile, and filter without using a decanter.

WD - How about offering as a side deal?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

And finally I have mine in hand! orange, red, and green dots.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

I'm drinking my red-dot-Duke now. If it's the varietal I think it is, it's the best of that varietal I've had yet!

Peter's Cuvee R is the only other Wellington I've had so far, but I'm glad I've got 6 more Wellington varieties in the cooler!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Woo hoo! Form's Up (not that you could have missed it)

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

bbainmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbainmd

When will the results be posted? Since there's no real prize, I decided to wait for the answers so I can best match the food and occasion. I've got a red dot Duke

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bbainmd wrote:When will the results be posted? Since there's no real prize, I decided to wait for the answers so I can best match the food and occasion. I've got a red dot Duke

Check the other thread. WD called you out. Better make a blind guess quick.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar