SBVlad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBVlad

In Ohio here, no known issues shipping to here still nothing from UPS or Woot.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Mine just came up on the UPS radar as being in Jersey. Which means they now have to backtrack west (Michigan) to be delivered on Friday. This is silly. What happened to that perfect, ideal shipping route that the Laura Zahtila cabs took where they stopped halfway across the country in IL first?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

eileenfh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eileenfh

Mine has arrived in West Texas! Great packaging! Now if I could just get off early....

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

Well, I'm getting really ticked. 2 full weeks now since the order, and NO MOVEMENT via UPS. Still shows 'Billing Info Received'.

Sure would be nice to actually GET what I ordered.

Geez.....

wbhog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wbhog

My UPS tracking only shows "billing information received" and that was on 8/11 (11 days ago). That means this has not shipped yet. No word at all from woot about what the status is.

Usually things are smooth with woot but when there is an issue they are a giant pain. Who has time to follow up on orders - this stuff should be automatic.....I have bought tons and tons of stuff from them but they are really trying our patience here....

SBATTY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBATTY
wbhog wrote:My UPS tracking only shows "billing information received" and that was on 8/11 (11 days ago). That means this has not shipped yet. No word at all from woot about what the status is.

Usually things are smooth with woot but when there is an issue they are a giant pain. Who has time to follow up on orders - this stuff should be automatic.....I have bought tons and tons of stuff from them but they are really trying our patience here....

I have still not received the wine and my UPS tracking information still only shows "Billing Information Received."

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

Did we pay extra for SmartPost??

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
wbhog wrote:My UPS tracking only shows "billing information received" and that was on 8/11 (11 days ago). That means this has not shipped yet. No word at all from woot about what the status is.

No, that's not what it means. UPS has the shiping info, but not the box which is travelling cross-country on reefer truck.
I got this today in NoVA as well as Epiphany trio, & Wellington Mystery wines.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

Princessjolie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princessjolie
tripgrad wrote:No, that's not what it means. UPS has the shiping info, but not the box which is travelling cross-country on reefer truck.
I got this today in NoVA as well as Epiphany trio, & Wellington Mystery wines.

Got mine yesterday and the wellington mystery bottle on Tuesday.

ETA: I am in Seattle btw, if that helps anyone else expecting in this area.

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

OK, I was really hoping to sample the Chardonnay this weekend, but must have wine in hand to do that. However, after hitting the gold button on August 7th, I still have NOT received my order. Geez Woot, I send packages to my son-in-law in Uganda and they arrive within two weeks. Whats up with the almost three week delivery time for this wine? Hope it is worth the wait. We shall see.........This is only my 9th order on Wine.Woot, but have never had such a delay before. I am usually a reasonable person, really, I am!!!!!!!

redpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpoet

I'm out here in Missouri and I'm still seeing no movement of any kind...I did get a "smart" answer from Woot telling me I should understand it could take two to three weeks, blah, blah, blah...

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

Maybe it is a Midwest thing.....the long delay. I am from central Illinois and still awaiting. For those of you who have taken delivery, is this worth the wait??? Please tell all.......

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69

Received mine Friday (DC), popped the bottle tonight. A bit disappointed, I must say. It is indeed light, and crisp on the finish, but that oaky bite is very distinctly present, which just isn't my personal bag. Thought it would be more subtle than it is. One note: it actually mellows out nicely as it warms up a bit...much smoother. I'm guessing this would be better after maybe a year or so in the cellar, but that's just me.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
wootvirgin69 wrote:Received mine Friday (DC), popped the bottle tonight. A bit disappointed, I must say. It is indeed light, and crisp on the finish, but that oaky bite is very distinctly present, which just isn't my personal bag. Thought it would be more subtle than it is. One note: it actually mellows out nicely as it warms up a bit...much smoother. I'm guessing this would be better after maybe a year or so in the cellar, but that's just me.

I have found temp to be very important with white's -- both, really, but some white's seem to me to have a much greater swing from meh to yes! as they come up to temp and then to blech as they get too warm.

CT | | | | | |

redpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpoet

My wine has finally made an appearance on the map. It's in Hodgkins, Illinois. I can't say as I know why. Oh well, at least, it is somewhere. Unfortunately that post about the Oakey taste doesn't exactly get me too excited about it.

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

Mine is finally scheduled for delivery today, along with my next 2 wellington orders. 1 more to go.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Well,
I've finished all three bottles in the company of family.
The first bottle was a resounding "meh". There was nothing wrong with it, but I would have been bummed if I paid full retail for it. It was very light, and really didn't have a lot going on.
The second bottle was amazing. It tasted similar to Chehalem Inox, which is a stainless steel fermented Chardonnay, with a little softer mouth feel and not as brightly acidic. It had wonderful varietal character and my wife and I very much enjoyed it while we prepared dinner.
The third bottle was more like the second than the first, but was not as impressive as the second. Similar varietal character shining through and a very enjoyable bottle.

To sum up, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but they didn't seem consistent.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
SmilingBoognish wrote:Well,
The first bottle was a resounding "meh". There was nothing wrong with it, but I would have been bummed if I paid full retail for it. It was very light, and really didn't have a lot going on.
The second bottle was amazing. It tasted similar to Chehalem Inox, which is a stainless steel fermented Chardonnay, with a little softer mouth feel and not as brightly acidic. It had wonderful varietal character and my wife and I very much enjoyed it while we prepared dinner.
The third bottle was more like the second than the first, but was not as impressive as the second. Similar varietal character shining through and a very enjoyable bottle.

I have run into this quite a bit, too (different wineries) and usually chalk it up to me. What have I eaten today? What kind of mood am I in? What is the state of my hormonal cycle?

But it sounds like you drank these in a single evening? If that is the case then I would think much less variance could be attributed to you. Was temperature consistent for all three bottles?

CT | | | | | |

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
SmilingBoognish wrote:Well,

I've only had one bottle, and I hope the rest are like the first. It's been a long time since I took a sip of something and said "wow, this is good", but this one did the trick. The fact that it was a chard makes it even more remarkable. I expect good wines from w.w, but this was much better than expected. If they're consistently as good as the first, I will regret not buying more.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
jwhite6114 wrote:I have run into this quite a bit, too (different wineries) and usually chalk it up to me. What have I eaten today? What kind of mood am I in? What is the state of my hormonal cycle?

But it sounds like you drank these in a single evening? If that is the case then I would think much less variance could be attributed to you. Was temperature consistent for all three bottles?

What's going on with the palate can definitely have a huge impact on the taste of wine, I agree!
We did not drink all three in one sitting; we drank the first on a Friday evening, the second was opened Saturday and the third on a Sunday. Interestingly, we had the same thing with the first and second bottles: caprese with heirloom tomatoes and some balsamic vinegar we brought back from Tuscany last September...