bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I am not a grammaticist and do not claim to be; I do not think that my sentence was grammatically incorrect though. :/

If it is Wellington, I will be in. If it is Zin, only for one since I have 8 chase Zins already.

Glad that's cleared up. And if it was not incorrect it was groovy from a structure standpoint.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

And, of course, "Clueless" was a (bad) movie starring one Alicia Silverstone.

SilverStone Winery?

They have a Sauvignon Blanc (S.B.), from "Cedar Lane" though that would be something you DO smell, not something you don't...

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

olabner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olabner

Does someone have a wine designated "Princess"? Seems I've heard of a "Princess Cuvee" before. Can anyone take that guess and run with it?

I can't.

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare
Winedavid39 wrote:What you do not smell ...... and the battle of wits has begun...

It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andyduncan

Winedavid39 wrote:What you do not smell ...... and the battle of wits has begun...

from the film:

Man in Black: What you do not smell is called iocaine powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the deadliest poisons known to man.
Vizzini: [smirks] Hmm...
[The Man in Black takes the two wine goblets and turns away from Vizzini. He returns a moment later and, after shifting the goblets around quickly, sets them down in front of himself and Vizzini. Vizzini smirks again.]
Man in Black: Now, where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun.

That's all about poison.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
SonomaBouliste wrote:You got me. I just got back from a benefit wine/food/music event for one of the most wonderful people in Sonoma, who is in need of expensive medical treatment. I realise how tight and interwoven our community is - a lot of friends were there, but I also made several new ones who have mutual connections with other friends. It was a wonderful and mysterious evening, with many personal, professional, and community connections coming full circle, including the sealing of a co-operative winemaking deal that should be rewarding in many different ways. Not that I'm much of a believer, but I'd be real curious what my astrological chart says about today.

SB, all you need to do is ask us if there's anything you need. I would have done it before, but especially after meeting you in person, and seeing how much my family loved meeting you and learning about wine, all you need to is ask.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

ZIN! ZIN! ZIN! ZIN!

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Alaska1

Cesare wrote:It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Nice!

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Loweeel wrote:SB, all you need to do is ask us if there's anything you need. I would have done it before, but especially after meeting you in person, and seeing how much my family loved meeting you and learning about wine, all you need to is ask.

As I said. The wine.woot community is pretty tight, just as your wine community is.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

andyduncan wrote:That's all about poison.

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

Could be another Italian-styled offering (e.g. Mandolina).

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

andyduncan

Corrado wrote:"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

Could be another Italian-styled offering (e.g. Mandolina).

True. Though I think this is one of those situations where the clue (or lack thereof) is so ambiguous as to support a wide range of possible conclusions.

WD has certainly seemed to point to Poizin with the quotes, but the negative comment about Vizzini being a mistake, combined with the back and forth with S.B. points to a Wellington offer. Then the whole discussion about a lack of clues is what led me to Silverstone.

But hell. Who knows.

We could end up with Doug's Discount Winery and Vinegar Emporium's Bottle Of Cabernet at this rate.

Alaska1

( Sicilian) HA HA HA HA HA AAAAAAAAA .........................(((Dead)))

(princes)" he had the poison?"

(Man in black) No we both did, I have built up an immunity to it.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:Glad that's cleared up. And if it was not incorrect it was groovy from a structure standpoint.

Everyone's a hater.

Unfortunate woot filter there for you there.

Edit: Ah!!! And an unfortunate one for me as well!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

More Mandolina would be awsome! I am running low. Tis one of my go to wines, Wellington would also be awsome! Soon.....

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 238 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
ddeuddeg wrote:As I said. The wine.woot community is pretty tight, just as your wine community is.

Everything I've seen so far bears that out. The RPM tour group certainly was an exceptional group of people. I know that spirit carries over into your own communities. Thanks for the undoubtably heart felt offer. Fortunately, a large sum of money was raised today - evidence of how loved and esteemed the beneficiary is here in Sonoma. It seems that a good chunk of the money needed is already in place. If all the love and karma that was present today has any effect then I expect a good medical outcome as well.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
Winedavid39 wrote:You all have a truly dizzying intellect.

However, mentioning Vizzini has nothing to do with the wine. S.B, do you think they can handle not having any clues?

The clue is not having any clues! Usually WD is has no more clues if we had guessed correctly. So I will concur with the rest on the Wellington.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

SonomaBouliste

andyduncan wrote:True. Though I think this is one of those situations where the clue (or lack thereof) is so ambiguous as to support a wide range of possible conclusions.

WD has certainly seemed to point to Poizin with the quotes, but the negative comment about Vizzini being a mistake, combined with the back and forth with S.B. points to a Wellington offer. Then the whole discussion about a lack of clues is what led me to Silverstone.

But hell. Who knows.

I have a feeling you may be guessing for weeks.

We could end up with Doug's Discount Winery and Vinegar Emporium's Bottle Of Cabernet at this rate.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
SonomaBouliste wrote: If all the love and karma that was present today has any effect then I expect a good medical outcome as well.

Check your PM's.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

conroo wrote:The clue is not having any clues! Usually WD is has no more clues if we had guessed correctly. So I will concur with the rest on the Wellington.

There was the Vaynerchuk mention. They tasted the '04 (?) Wellington Zin.

That kinda combines all current theories/guesses.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

SonomaBouliste

ddeuddeg wrote:Check your PM's.

Many thanks.

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare
Corrado wrote:There was the Vaynerchuk mention. They tasted the '04 (?) Wellington Zin.

That kinda combines all current theories/guesses.

Ah yes this is true.
Episode 501. They tasted the 2004 Wellington Zin. Also tasted: 2005 Chase Zin and the Woot Cellars wannabe red.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Dude, seriously, HOW is Zin the next most overdue? We JUST had it. JUST. Update your little spreadsheets and calculations and stuff. Sheesh.

Doesn't matter if we just had it. If, say 10% of all offers have been Zin, but only 3 of the last 50 have been Zin, then Zin is overdue, even if we had it last week.

And, ahem! There is a Zin in this week's offer. :smug:

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Dude, seriously, HOW is Zin the next most overdue? We JUST had it. JUST. Update your little spreadsheets and calculations and stuff. Sheesh.

Doesn't matter if we just had it. If, say 10% of all offers have been Zin, but only 3 of the last 50 have been Zin, then Zin is overdue, even if we had it last week.

And, ahem! There is a Zin in this week's offer. :smug:

CT | | | | | |

ladyofwine

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ladyofwine
JOATMON wrote:Got a question only peripherally related to this offering: how is your last name Zahtila pronounced?

That would be, Zahtila, like vanilla...my favorite.

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70
ladyofwine wrote:That would be, Zahtila, like vanilla...my favorite.

Laura,

please check your private messages. thanks!!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
kylemittskus wrote:What is it you do Ms. Sanity? Speaking of english major, grad school is starting very soon. I'm scared!!

Dear psquishy, I regret having somehow missed a page of posts.
Presently, I do absolutely nothing. Formerly, I participated in a very valuable primary school education. high School, not so much. I mean for the value, not participation.
Why would you be afraid to start grad school? Nervous or anxious maybe, but scared? Put the terrifying thoughts aside, and maybe look forward to it with just....interest.
You'll be fine.

sanity

bhodilee wrote:I think she weeps for English everywhere when someone who is going to graduate school for said subject routinely makes a mockery of it.

And he didn't get the intentional, though oblique error I made in the comment, hence mocking myself at the same time.

sanity

kylemittskus wrote:I am not a grammaticist and do not claim to be; I do not think that my sentence was grammatically incorrect though. :/

If it is Wellington, I will be in. If it is Zin, only for one since I have 8 chase Zins already.

You mentioned you were an English major, but no mention of being a grammarian. I assume you are studying literature?

sanity

kylemittskus wrote:Everyone's a hater.

Unfortunate woot filter there for you there.

Edit: Ah!!! And an unfortunate one for me as well!

psquishy, you are just too much sometimes. It's all good!

Kothoga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kothoga

Just got mine in the panhandle of Texas. Much better shipping than the Chase fiasco.

LCromwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LCromwell

Laura was right, no oak flavor, and no butter. Excllent Chardonnay Laura! 10 Gold Stars.

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long After the Cheapness of Price is Forgotten!

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

Well, blame it on Rio or the rain or the bellboy or midnight or even me, but I swear it was all Mailboxes, etc. fault.

After having just mentioned at the SoCal tasting that I hadn't been a lab rat since that very first week so long ago, turns out I was la bratted on the Zahtila chard. Perhaps at this point never is better than late, but I took the lab rat oath and so post I shall in the hopes that future generations will profit somehow.

Were it not for the finish - which I love! - and the judicious application of some oak, I might confuse this with a sauvignon blanc or chablis. There is certainly minerally slate, fresh green apple and citrus on the front and mid palate. Very crisp, very clean. Lovely.

But the finish is where this wine earns its keep and then some. You know that moment when the wine's flavors all blow back up into your sinuses after the swallow? That moment is golden. Vanilla, but just in accent, not overwhelming, proportions. Oak that draws attention to the contrasting fruit the way chocolate makes a strawberry taste more strawberryish. And this wine lingers on the finish. I am finding myself waiting longer between sips than I typically do with whites. I am not in a hurry to taste it again only because I'm still tasting the last sip! This is more normal for me with syrahs than chardonnays.

Overall, I am delighted. I am in the minority, I suppose, in that I do think there is a time and a place for buttery, oakey chards (can I get an amen, cj?). But when you are looking for a chardonnay that reveals and revels in its fruit, that offers balance and a lingering finish that tastes of more than just one or two dimensions, this should be your go to wine. It will be mine.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

redpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpoet

Just wondering what happened to my wine. UPS received notification on August 11th, but nothing has happened since...

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen
redpoet wrote:Just wondering what happened to my wine. UPS received notification on August 11th, but nothing has happened since...

Same boat here. it says UPS ground.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Well this makes me sad. I thought with the apparent change in shipping practices, I'd've had the chards in hand today, but it's still meandering somewhere. Two of my bottles are supposed to be heading out east with me this weekend, and right now it's not looking like that's gonna happen. They'll need to arrive at the UPS hub in IL today in order for me to retrieve them tomorrow, since I leave EARLY EARLY Friday morning. That is, if I don't get impatient and just leave tomorrow after work instead.

Any status updates, WD?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker
IBcrashen wrote:Same boat here. it says UPS ground.

...add another voice with the same message....
UPS shows billing notification received on the 14th, but no activity since then. I'm also in IL -- maybe there's some state-related issue? I do know that a recent state law enacted here somehow modified the availability of alcohol online

Here's what the paper in St. Louis said about it when it took effect on June 1st.

=== Edited by Cherrypicker @ 20 Aug 2008 10:36 AM [GMT -6] ===

— Mail-order wine: HB429 tightens the rules regarding mail-order delivery of wine, which is generally ordered over the Internet. Largely aimed at limiting shipments from out-of-state wine distributors, the new law doesn't prohibit direct shipment of wine from wineries around the country."

=== Edited by Cherrypicker @ 20 Aug 2008 11:36 AM [GMT -6]

....looks like all shippers of wine into IL need to buy an expensive license.

Details here. http://www.state.il.us/lcc/PR10-03-07.asp

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Well this makes me sad. I thought with the apparent change in shipping practices, I'd've had the chards in hand today, but it's still meandering somewhere. Two of my bottles are supposed to be heading out east with me this weekend, and right now it's not looking like that's gonna happen. They'll need to arrive at the UPS hub in IL today in order for me to retrieve them tomorrow, since I leave EARLY EARLY Friday morning. That is, if I don't get impatient and just leave tomorrow after work instead.

Any status updates, WD?

Mine are re-scheduled for delivery tomorrow, when I will be flying out to DC. Have to have my son go in and pick them up from the UPS Store, so they don't sit over the weekend (no AC on Sunday, when they are closed).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

redpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpoet

I sent an email to Woot customer service about the missing wine and have heard nothing back...UPS still shows no change in status (which is no status)...I'm in Missouri and there are no issues here with delivery.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Mine are re-scheduled for delivery tomorrow, when I will be flying out to DC. Have to have my son go in and pick them up from the UPS Store, so they don't sit over the weekend (no AC on Sunday, when they are closed).

Luckily mine's open 7 days a week, so it won't be too bad if they get stuck there over the weekend. I just feel bad that I won't be able to bring out the two bottles for InShadows.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Luckily mine's open 7 days a week, so it won't be too bad if they get stuck there over the weekend. I just feel bad that I won't be able to bring out the two bottles for InShadows.

They were open on Sundays, but cut back for some reason.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.