+ Add a Comment

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Along with the Alabama wine, there is Wallace wine of Iowa. Vizzini was of course played by Wallace Shawn.

Or might we be going down under? I see there's a Glaetzer Wallace, but I'm too lazy to research it.

Or, since WD did the rhyming game with Zhatila, maybe we'll see some Trecini?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
kylemittskus wrote:Zahtila. Duh!!!

And was it really necessary to clarify it as her last name? Her first name is Laura.

AH,... PSquishy....This, from and English major who wrote this sentence:
"I am not sure if we can say the olympics are a factor seeing as swimming is currently on, or would be on, WD's tv currently."

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:who makes this PoiZin?

Edit: jwhite, how are we ready for Zin again, or are we? We just had Chase zin.

If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, you're missing a really fun movie, as well as a significant number of arcane references from a bunch of the regulars.
Poizin: Armida Winery, located in the Dry Creek Valley.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
jwhite6114 wrote:Well, it would be a Zin, but I think it's too early for PoiZin. Their last two offers were October. The 2007's do appear to be released, though. But it is an interesting guess.

My suspicion is that we'll see PoiZin for Halloween

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
sanity wrote:AH,... PSquishy....This, from and English major who wrote this sentence:
"I am not sure if we can say the olympics are a factor seeing as swimming is currently on, or would be on, WD's tv currently."

What is it you do Ms. Sanity? Speaking of english major, grad school is starting very soon. I'm scared!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Armida

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwhite6114 wrote:Quite the week for labrats!! Indeed!

You've been packed (though we'll have to wait for Cheron to return to put up all of the links and stuff.

Link's up. Thanks for helping out, JW.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

coynedj

I just noticed that Inigo Montoya has a winery, cleverly disguised as being by Robert Montoya (dread pirate Robert?). Sold as, simply, Montoya.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
MarkDaSpark wrote:So I think it is more likely that it will be PoiZin ....

Vizzini was not a great "fool" plus SB's possibly accidental inclusion of "fool":

Peachy Canyon made a "Jester" until at least 2004, but they don't have it listed on their site.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
andyduncan wrote:Vizzini was not a great "fool" plus SB's possibly accidental inclusion of "fool":

Peachy Canyon made a "Jester" until at least 2004, but they don't have it listed on their site.

He said he wasn't a fool. But he still died. Making him a fool.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
MarkDaSpark wrote:He said he wasn't a fool. But he still died. Making him a fool.

If dying makes one a fool, then fools we all shall surely one day be. <Not picking on you, Sparky; just feeling ironic.>

Poizin has traditionally been a pre-Halloween release. I'd be inclined to stick with the Wellington theme, but it's been a very long time since I guessed correctly.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

ddeuddeg

I'm with JOAT, here. I think if we see PoIZin again, it will be closer to Hallowe'en.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Ohhhhh please More ZIN!!!!!!

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

I don't know what tonight's offering is. At least, I think not.

I do, however, know the ultimate fate of Wannabe red... :-D. Sorry, WD swore me to secrecy. But the final blend is QUITE nice, and it will be well worth the wait.

Now all I have to do is hope/pray that he doesn't send nallie after me....

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I think she weeps for English everywhere when someone who is going to graduate school for said subject routinely makes a mockery of it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

You all have a truly dizzying intellect.

However, mentioning Vizzini has nothing to do with the wine. S.B, do you think they can handle not having any clues?

bhodilee

andyduncan wrote:Vizzini was not a great "fool" plus SB's possibly accidental inclusion of "fool":

I literally just drank the "Jester" a couple days ago. Pretty sure it was the 04' vintage. Didn't fair well with my steak but a very nice sipping wine, or maybe I just didn't let it open enough. Regardless I thought it was quite good for $15 bucks. Cab, PS, um, and some other stuff. Here's the write up from the wine store just in case you're right.

A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Merlot, Syrah, and Cabernet Franc. Flavors consist of cedar, currant, blackberry jam and raspberries with a hint of toasted oak. Aromas are made up of dark plums, bing cherries, raspberry cola and subtle black currant

I'd be in

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Winedavid39 wrote: do you think they can handle not having any clues?

We need our fix!

CT

bhodilee

Winedavid39 wrote:You all have a truly dizzying intellect.

However, mentioning Vizzini has nothing to do with the wine. S.B, do you think they can handle not having any clues?

I say take the night off, enjoy the games and let us sweat it out until 12. Well, I'm not gonna sweat it out because I wouldn't stay up late just to find out anyway. It'll be there in the morning.

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:I say take the night off, enjoy the games and let us sweat it out until 12. Well, I'm not gonna sweat it out because I wouldn't stay up late just to find out anyway. It'll be there in the morning.

Now that just sounds a little too sensible. Not to me, though; I'm up at 6AM to teach the penultimate day of summer school.

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:Now that just sounds a little too sensible. Not to me, though; I'm up at 6AM to teach the penultimate day of summer school.

That is honestly the first time anyone has referred to me as sensible

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:That is honestly the first time anyone has referred to me as sensible

ROTFLMAO!!

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I'll take a WILD guess. Foolish Oak Winery, Columbia Valley, Washington.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

coynedj

Vizzini: Where was I?
Westley: Australia.

Hmmmm.....

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

We're ready for more based on the historical share Zin has represented of all offers (over the last 50 it is underrepresented).

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

WD ... He is low on charm
to deny us our clues
I hope he doesn't mean us harm
psychological damage ... Withdrawl symptoms

I'm betting on Wellington, again (now that we supposedly have no clues)

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

jwhite6114 wrote:WD ... He is low on charm
to deny us our clues

That'd frakking suck. Sorry SB, but it would. I really am in a saving mindset, or trying to be. I'll be in though. And offer the Cuvee R so I can rectify my earlier mistake of not going in on it.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwhite6114 wrote:Zin is the next most overdue varietal

Dude, seriously, HOW is Zin the next most overdue? We JUST had it. JUST. Update your little spreadsheets and calculations and stuff. Sheesh.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I think the "S.B." is the clue. And an awfully obvious one.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Dude, seriously, HOW is Zin the next most overdue? We JUST had it. JUST. Update your little spreadsheets and calculations and stuff. Sheesh.

Chill winstawn

jwhite6114 wrote:We're ready for more based on the historical share Zin has represented of all offers (over the last 50 it is underrepresented).

Ready whole thready firsty

ddeuddeg

Off topic, but in case anyone is interested, I (finally) got around to posting on the Field Notes thread. Ignore the bogus one by No winner. That's a system error issue.

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I think the "S.B." is the clue. And an awfully obvious one.

I called Wellington 8 hours ago. I still like that guess.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
jwhite6114 wrote:WD ... He is low on charm
to deny us our clues

Ah, Mr. White, my friend, could it be Scott Harvey's InZinerator?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:I think she weeps for English everywhere when someone who is going to graduate school for said subject routinely makes a mockery of it.

I am not a grammaticist and do not claim to be; I do not think that my sentence was grammatically incorrect though. :/

If it is Wellington, I will be in. If it is Zin, only for one since I have 8 chase Zins already.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

You got me. I just got back from a benefit wine/food/music event for one of the most wonderful people in Sonoma, who is in need of expensive medical treatment. I realise how tight and interwoven our community is - a lot of friends were there, but I also made several new ones who have mutual connections with other friends. It was a wonderful and mysterious evening, with many personal, professional, and community connections coming full circle, including the sealing of a co-operative winemaking deal that should be rewarding in many different ways. Not that I'm much of a believer, but I'd be real curious what my astrological chart says about today.

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare
SonomaBouliste wrote: Not that I'm much of a believer, but I'd be real curious what my astrological chart says about today.

It says you're going to sell a lot of wine next week!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

I'd agree that's leaning towards Wellington. Though, someone without a clue would no doubt be a fool...

It's like reading tea leaves around here.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Cesare wrote:It says you're going to sell a lot of wine next week!

What you do not smell ...... and the battle of wits has begun...

ddeuddeg

SonomaBouliste wrote:You got me. I just got back from a benefit wine/food/music event for one of the most wonderful people in Sonoma, who is in need of expensive medical treatment. I realise how tight and interwoven our community is - a lot of friends were there, but I also made several new ones who have mutual connections with other friends. It was a wonderful and mysterious evening, with many personal, professional, and community connections coming full circle, including the sealing of a co-operative winemaking deal that should be rewarding in many different ways. Not that I'm much of a believer, but I'd be real curious what my astrological chart says about today.

You might also be surprised to find out how many wine.wooters might just respond to that need, if you give us a chance. Michelleshari, cheron98, polarbear22 all participated in major fund-raisers in May and June, and lots of us stepped up with support. Get WD to put up an opportunity, and see what happens.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
JOATMON wrote:I think the "S.B." is the clue. And an awfully obvious one.

Santa Barbara?

I'm now thinking that the Wellington guess isn't right, since WD is usually quiet after a correct guess...