jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Had my first Laura Z cab, last night. Very good! It was a bit tart on the finish upon opening the bottle, but after about an hour that went away and this opened up beautifully with lots of fruit (nose and taste). Smooth feel, and just enough finish to make me reach for that next drink.

CT | | | | | |

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
jwhite6114 wrote:Had my first Laura Z cab, last night. Very good! It was a bit tart on the finish upon opening the bottle, but after about an hour that went away and this opened up beautifully with lots of fruit (nose and taste). Smooth feel, and just enough finish to make me reach for that next drink.

Same here. Opened it last night and took a sip, and thought "wow - I loved the chard but this is disappointing". Then I let it sit for a while and came back to it, and it was like an entirely different wine. Much, much better, and well worth the purchase.

For my money, the chard was light years ahead of other chards and the cab is quite good, but not the knockout compared to expectations that the chard was.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

ladyofwine

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ladyofwine
txmusicman49 wrote:Laura I don't know if you're still around, but I received my 2004 CS today, but the enclosed winery sheet was for the 2006 Chardonnay offering. Now I have mismatched paperwork. But, just to show you how flexible I am, I am willing to accept delivery of the proper 2004 CS sheet if you'll include three bottles of the 2006 Chardonnay.

Thanks

Here I am, tardy, but here. Since WD does the packing and shipping I have to defer to Team Woot on the mismatched paperwork....the proper sheet is on my website under the Wines/Trade tab. Maybe WD can send out more wine??? At any rate, I hope you enjoy the wine, proper paperwork or not!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Just opened up my first bottle of the 2004 Cab. Nice cassis, blackberry, cherry on the nose. Smelled like a fruit bomb. But came out of the bottle with what others here have described as 'heat'. Very hot. Couldn't touch it. An hour later it's definitely benefitting from some fresh air. I'm enjoying it now, but I do find it a bit oaky--for the price point on her website not worth it, I'd rather have something from Spain or Italy for that price, but it is a fair effort. 87.

pfffft!