coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Are we still missing a Climber labrat?

I saw two glowing reports on the Improv and one confused/nothing special report on the Climber. Did I miss one?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
coynedj wrote:Are we still missing a Climber labrat?

Yeah it looks like it. Unless labROUS's report was supposed to be an 'official' labrat report rather than a 'volunteer' report... he never makes that clear

Please remember since we are now officially doing the twice-a-week thing that this offer will be gone tomorrow, so if you ordered within the rattery timeframe and you haven't checked to see if you've missed a package, please do so! You may be the lucky recipient of a golden ticket for the Climber, and we would love to hear what you have to say.

WD also strongly suggested that there will be a detour this woot-off, which means we may run out of time on this offering BEFORE midnight. Unless they're using the detour as the "second" offering for the week and will return to the Clif Bar Wines afterward... Not sure about that.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
cheron98 wrote:Yeah it looks like it. Unless labROUS's report was supposed to be an 'official' labrat report rather than a 'volunteer' report... he never makes that clear

Please remember since we are now officially doing the twice-a-week thing that this offer will be gone tomorrow, so if you ordered within the rattery timeframe and you haven't checked to see if you've missed a package, please do so! You may be the lucky recipient of a golden ticket for the Climber, and we would love to hear what you have to say.

Ahh Chase just arrived. I'll be in my bunk.
WD also strongly suggested that there will be a detour this woot-off, which means we may run out of time on this offering BEFORE midnight. Unless they're using the detour as the "second" offering for the week and will return to the Clif Bar Wines afterward... Not sure about that.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Yeah it looks like it. Unless labROUS's report was supposed to be an 'official' labrat report rather than a 'volunteer' report... he never makes that clear

I hope so, you dont' give an addict a kilo of black tar heroin all at once, you sell it to him over the course of time. Let him build up a little resistance

I should totally build a website called Needle Tracker

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
paryb wrote:

Well said Pary!

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

How cool would it be if the second offering was an assortment of Clif bars? I'm just eating a carrot cake one and mmm.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarney

Cesare wrote:How cool would it be if the second offering was an assortment of Clif bars? I'm just eating a carrot cake one and mmm.

Nice! Better yet, how bout the bars as the side deal and some of the killer cab as the next offering!? Yummy!

CT

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

When he posts under that handle, it is official.

cheron98

Lighter wrote:When he posts under that handle, it is official.

Got it. I shall update the pack thread accordingly, and consider rattage done with

dudeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dudeguy

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not wine.woot! can ship to Utah?

bhodilee

dudeguy wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not wine.woot! can ship to Utah?

I've never seen it as a ship to state so no. If it's a non wine offering yes. Depending on where in Utah you are, you may be able to find someone here wiling to "wootleg" for you. Essentially have your wine delivered and they hold it for you until you pick it up. You may also be able to get an out of state UPS box and have it delivered there.

Edit: I should mention that on the main offering page, at the bottom, is a list of states that the weeks wine can be shipped. Sometimes a particular state is there, sometimes not. Can't get Sake in Nebraska for example.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

dudeguy

dudeguy wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not wine.woot! can ship to Utah?

never mind.......
answered my own question

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight

Wish I knew if any wine was expected on the WootOff....and approx. when to look for it.

Speaking of hints, any for tonight's offering?

dudeguy

bhodilee wrote:I've never seen it as a ship to state so no. If it's a non wine offering yes. Depending on where in Utah you are, you may be able to find someone here wiling to "wootleg" for you. Essentially have your wine delivered and they hold it for you until you pick it up. You may also be able to get an out of state UPS box and have it delivered there.

Edit: I should mention that on the main offering page, at the bottom, is a list of states that the weeks wine can be shipped. Sometimes a particular state is there, sometimes not. Can't get Sake in Nebraska for example.

Thanks, bhodilee! I'll try that.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Lighter wrote:When he posts under that handle, it is official.

This is incorrect. He always posts his reviews under labROUS, and he is not one of the designated Labrats. He does these postings as additional information. He used to do them nearly every week awhile back.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
cheron98 wrote:Please remember since we are now officially doing the twice-a-week thing that this offer will be gone tomorrow, so if you ordered within the rattery timeframe and you haven't checked to see if you've missed a package, please do so! You may be the lucky recipient of a golden ticket for the Climber, and we would love to hear what you have to say.

Did I miss the memo where you work for woot now?

coynedj

jrbw3 wrote:just had an awesome Oregon Pinot

Please, do tell.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

cheron98

aces219 wrote:Did I miss the memo where you work for woot now?

"we" as in the collective wine.woot community. Didn't mean to imply that I'm working for them. Sorry about that.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
aces219 wrote:Did I miss the memo where you work for woot now?

Speaking of memo's...we're still waiting on the one where Mr. Aces announces his own woot ID. Let's get the boy a crackalackin'!!!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
cheron98 wrote:"we" as in the collective wine.woot community. Didn't mean to imply that I'm working for them. Sorry about that.

aces is yanking your chain.

signed.

bkarney

javadrinker wrote:Speaking of memo's...we're still waiting on the one where Mr. Aces announces his own woot ID. Let's get the boy a crackalackin'!!!

Not sure why but that just reminded me of one of my fav's but...... Have you seen my stapler? It's a swingline....

CT

cheron98

canonizer wrote:aces is yanking your chain.

Yeah I know. Just wanted to make it clear though in case anyone else decided to think along the same lines, but without the chain-yanking factor thrown in

bhodilee

bkarney wrote:Not sure why but that just reminded me of one of my fav's but...... Have you seen my stapler? It's a swingline....

I read that prior to that movie, Swingline did not make a red stapler. After the movie they were bombarded with complaints about not being able to find one so they went ahead and started producing a Red Swingline Stapler.

bkarney

bhodilee wrote:I read that prior to that movie, Swingline did not make a red stapler. After the movie they were bombarded with complaints about not being able to find one so they went ahead and started producing a Red Swingline Stapler.

No Manos, the Hands of Fate!?!? That's one heck of a tid-bit, good to know! and where are those TPS reports Peter?

CT

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
bhodilee wrote:I read that prior to that movie, Swingline did not make a red stapler. After the movie they were bombarded with complaints about not being able to find one so they went ahead and started producing a Red Swingline Stapler.

and my DH bought me one! It proudly resides on my desk at work.

I forwarded your comment to him, java, perhaps he will make an appearance.

bhodilee

bkarney wrote:No Manos, the Hands of Fate!?!? That's one heck of a tid-bit, good to know! and where are those TPS reports Peter?

Dont' know if it's true, but it's what I read

From the Amazon website

Movie buffs may recall that a Swingline product was featured in the 1999 cult-classic film "Office Space." One disgruntled employee, named Milton, complains repeatedly that his red Swingline stapler was stolen and eventually sets fire to the office building in retaliation. Although at the time Swingline had not manufactured red staplers for years, customer demand was so tremendous that in 2002 they released a limited edition series.

K, I'm done hijacking now, promise. Drink this red wine with your red stapler folks

bhodilee

EPHINANY IS BACK WITH A VENGENANCE, NO WOOTOFF DETOUR!!!!

spelling, not so vengeful

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

406 units at the break.

signed.

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
bkarney wrote:Well said Pary!

Dagnabbit! Durn laptop touchpad moved my cursor. or curseor as the case may be. my "chase arrived, I'll be in my bunk" is hidden in the middle of my quote.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

bkarney

paryb wrote:Dagnabbit! Durn laptop touchpad moved my cursor. or curseor as the case may be. my "chase arrived, I'll be in my bunk" is hidden in the middle of my quote.

I saw that, was wondering how it happened! Entertaining nonetheless!

CT

coynedj

winefarm wrote:Now, if we could just get the baseball announcers to stop saying, "should have went."

Long after the original post but....

I'm still hoping to hear some baseball announcer use one of my favorite Charlie Brown quotes. After Charlie struck out, Lucy told him he "shouldn't-a hadn't-a oughtn't-a swang".

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

tlonsammie wrote:I'm confused. There have been several references to a Texas sales tax being charged. I live in Texas and have never been charged a sales tax on my wine woot orders. My last order was the end of June. Is the Texas sales tax something new? Or is this a tax on regular woot orders? Thanks!!!

I don't *think* TX residents should get sales tax on wine.woot orders. My [limited] understanding of the tax codes is that an online e-tailer only has to collect tax for in-state orders (or if there is a retail presence in the general vicinity of the purchaser).

Additionally, liquor taxes/fees/etc. tend to be the responsibility of the seller and, since wine.woot is effectively selling to a slew of states, they build those charges into the product cost (as they obviously do with a portion of the shipping charge).

What I don't know is how the legalities of tax liability factor in for a site that's hosted in Missouri with a HQ in Texas with the shipper in California and the seller-of-record being in CA/OR/WA/Other for booze... and occasionally non-booze. Do *you* want to be the one writing the code for that ordering matrix? If so, I sure as hell don't want to be the poor soul stuck QAing that code!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

canonizer wrote:406 units at the break.

If something new launches tonight, it might not be a 'break.'

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Not in a million years.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
Winedavid39 wrote:Not in a million years.

What if like, the big quake hits, california slides off, and utah is the new west coast, survivors (including w.w) migrate, climate changes, utah turns out to be good for growing grapes and vineyards start up?

CT

yanktex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yanktex

Hello folks. It seems I am the missing LabRat. I just received the bottle today. It seems my building's concierge was away on a break yesterday when they first tried to deliver, but the Climber is now in my hands. Understanding the importance of the gift that has been bestowed upon me, I have cancelled my dinner plans for the evening and will be opening the bottle momentarily. I promise a review this evening.

Wigdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wigdog

WD-you've got a PM

"I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret."
Basil Fawlty

Aaron385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385
yanktex wrote:Hello folks. It seems I am the missing LabRat. I just received the bottle today. It seems my building's concierge was away on a break yesterday when they first tried to deliver, but the Climber is now in my hands. Understanding the importance of the gift that has been bestowed upon me, I have cancelled my dinner plans for the evening and will be opening the bottle momentarily. I promise a review this evening.

Ugh.. tough break.. enjoy the wine though. We have the knock and run UPS guys here.. they knock on the door and if you don't make it to the door in under 5 seconds (literally!) all you will get is a paper "missed ya" letter and get to see the brown truck at the end of the street turning right. I now have a well tuned ear for the tattle tale diesel engine + grinding brakes sound which sends me flying off the couch and running to the door in advance.

Aaron385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385

So harsh.. what else is there to do in Utah except getting plastered? Oh thats right.. polygamy.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

AS Clif Bar Winery winds down, i have to say i'm surprised that the community did not jump at the chance to ask Gary more (any?) questions. Dude is an unbelievable success story, has decided not to sell out Clif Bar to larger food behemiths and appears to be a very cool head.

or is that just me?