themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
hld1970 wrote:Absolutely. I am cool with that. Could you guys call off cheron. He/she has a lot of anger or something. Good god.

SHE is a very sweet girl otherwise!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
themostrighteous wrote:SHE is a very sweet girl otherwise!

PM sent. Thanks

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
babalooo wrote:Did anyone come up with: "Twice a Week for Twice the Wines"?

Or should it be: "Twice a Week for Twice the Whines"

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
conroo wrote:Or should it be: "Twice a Week for Twice the Whines"

Now THAT is funny.

I can appreciate that.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
conroo wrote:Or should it be: "Twice a Week for Twice the Whines"

Zing.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

As WD would say: Did somebody get the wacky stick out?

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

themostrighteous

clifwinelinzi wrote:These wines were both made by winemaker Rob Hunter, before Sarah Gott joined us. For Gary's Improv, Rob used a combination of new French and American Oak. I believe the split was 50/50. The wine was aged for 12 months. The Climber Red is aged for 8 months in 25% new and 75% used American Oak. The name Improv comes from the fact that Gary is an improvisational jazz trumpet player. He can actually play two trumpets at one time...it's something to see! The Gary's Improv changes each vintage. In fact our 2005 vintage which we just released is a Zinfandel with a touch of Petite Sirah blended in (3%). The 2006 will be a Syrah. The Gary's Improv is always sourced from select vineyards in the Napa Valley.

thanks, Linzi. for the geeks among us who were in Napa JUST LAST WEEK (i miss it SO MUCH), can you give us a sense of where in Napa these select vineyards are located? Valley-based? Mountain-based? and how long have you been sourcing fruit from them?

lisafw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisafw

okkkkkkkay ....
Clif Bar Winery - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.983s

Last wooter to woot: lisafw

Haven't wooted in a while & here's why I decided to woot this week:
1) I haven't wooted in a while
2) I like clif bars. And they are a sponsor of the home team, who just finished their first Tour de France.
3) We love Joel Gott Cabs
4) We love red wine

I'm especially interested in The Climber (and about the name - if it's already been explained, I'll go back & try to find the/a relevant post). I've always appreciated blends and am very curious about how all these different grapes come together.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

winefarm wrote:This is why you are my people. I love this conversation. Are we at my family dinner table?

But, if we are voting, I vote for semi-weekly, because to me bi-weekly means every two weeks. Now, if we could just get the baseball announcers to stop saying, "should have went."

C'mon. I want Bi-Weekly even if it's wrong just for the official blog post: Woot Wine Goes Bi.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

andyduncan

Sonofa... it's a woot off, people.

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

oooooh woot off time. <crosses fingers for more yummy woot off wine>

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

Cesare

quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare
andyduncan wrote:Sonofa... it's a woot off, people.

On a Tuesday? Wow.
WD: Any idea if any wine will show up? And what timeframe? thanks

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andyduncan

Batten down the hatches... Get a list of FAQ answer-links primed up... Get your tetanus booster shots... Put the chastity belts on the monkeys... We're due for an influx of tacky.wooters!

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

themostrighteous wrote:fine by me. whomever you choose to have this convo w/ in the future, may i suggest that you post it in the Pub, ie not here? the issue(s) that you raise have nothing to do w/ this week's offering & it would be the courteous thing to do. cool?

Lessons learned:

1) Use PMs if you expect to have a private conversation with a single user.
2) The main product thread is not an appropriate place for off-topic running dialogs. The Cyberpub is a lovely place to visit for idle chatter.
3) Please be polite. We have guests.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Before the Woot-off sidetrack occurs:

Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark

2 sets.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pssquishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pssquishy
Cesare wrote:On a Tuesday? Wow.
WD: Any idea if any wine will show up? And what timeframe? thanks

And can we have a clue as to what said wine will be?

themostrighteous

lisafw wrote:okkkkkkkay ....
Clif Bar Winery - Three Pack

Last wooter to woot: lisafw

Haven't wooted in a while & here's why I decided to woot this week:
1) I haven't wooted in a while
2) I like clif bars. And they are a sponsor of the home team, who just finished their first Tour de France.
3) We love Joel Gott Cabs
4) We love red wine

I'm especially interested in The Climber (and about the name - if it's already been explained, I'll go back & try to find the/a relevant post). I've always appreciated blends and am very curious about how all these different grapes come together.

all lovely reasons to woot this baby, but as i mentioned earlier - and, more to the point, as linzi from Clif confirmed earlier / above -, this is not a Sarah Gott Cab. just thought you'd wanna know. peace.

themostrighteous

pssquishy wrote:And can we have a clue as to what said wine will be?

'tis never happened before.

pssquishy

themostrighteous wrote:'tis never happened before.

I was going to ask. I didn't think so. WD did tell us though when the detour was going to occur last woot! off. Has anyone ever asked him for a clue during a woot off?

themostrighteous

pssquishy wrote:I was going to ask. I didn't think so. WD did tell us though when the detour was going to occur last woot! off. Has anyone ever asked him for a clue during a woot off?

don't know. too busy hitting Refresh to notice! off to bed!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

pssquishy wrote:And can we have a clue as to what said wine will be?

hold on to your varment hat. keep an eye on Wednesday. but who knows. as Crash Davis said, " i wouldn't dig in, i don't know where it's going.."

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
Winedavid39 wrote:hold on to your varment hat. keep an eye on Wednesday. but who knows. as Crash Davis said, " i wouldn't dig in, i don't know where it's going.."

Hmm.. Wednesday, huh? David, if you offer the Chase Zins again, you will once again be my hero. Missed out the first time.

pssquishy

speedoo wrote:Hmm.. Wednesday, huh? David, if you offer the Chase Zins again, you will once again be my hero. Missed out the first time.

They have a woot deal. 20% 6 or more bottles. I know that's a lot of bottles but if you're interested, the code is WOOT.

speedoo

Corrado wrote:Lessons learned:

1) Use PMs if you expect to have a private conversation with a single user.
2) The main product thread is not an appropriate place for off-topic running dialogs. The Cyberpub is a lovely place to visit for idle chatter.
3) Please be polite. We have guests.

Yes, the Cyberpub is a lovely place to visit for idle chatter, for some. For others, it's a board where posts about wine are regularly ignored (maybe its just me, maybe others see it that way as well... I dunno).

Maybe it's time to add another weekly board, for discussion of wines other than the current offering? Let the Pub continue to be what it has become, but I think we need a board where folks can talk about wine.

speedoo

pssquishy wrote:They have a woot deal. 20% 6 or more bottles. I know that's a lot of bottles but if you're interested, the code is WOOT.

Thanks, but I want shipping at $7. Can't do it otherwise.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Winedavid39 wrote:hold on to your varment hat. keep an eye on Wednesday. but who knows. as Crash Davis said, " i wouldn't dig in, i don't know where it's going.."

Murphy Goode?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Oooooooo, Castoro is making a comeback?!?!?!?!?!?

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

swordwright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swordwright

Coca? Hints of coca... think wine.woot might have meant cacao, or cocoa, or coffee. Probably cocoa. Probably not coca. Even Clif & co wouldn't go that far, right guys?

Right?

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean

I love Clif bars...easily the only energy/nutrition bar that tastes really good. This wine sounds incredible. All I have to say is...

Damn you, Kansas. Damn you to hell.

*sigh*

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

jhoofard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhoofard

Hints of coca? Does it give you the drips and the jitters as well?
Jeff in PDX

Cesare

quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare
speedoo wrote:Yes, the Cyberpub is a lovely place to visit for idle chatter, for some. For others, it's a board where posts about wine are regularly ignored (maybe its just me, maybe others see it that way as well... I dunno).

Maybe it's time to add another weekly board, for discussion of wines other than the current offering? Let the Pub continue to be what it has become, but I think we need a board where folks can talk about wine.

I think this is a great idea. On another forum I frequent they have a thread section called "what are you drinking?". We should do the same here.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

WD.....can we expect some wine in the Woot Off ? Any idea if it will hit today or tmrw?

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
speedoo wrote:Yes, the Cyberpub is a lovely place to visit for idle chatter, for some. For others, it's a board where posts about wine are regularly ignored (maybe its just me, maybe others see it that way as well... I dunno)

It's become very frustrating. Too much that should be PM's and too much scattering of topics. Only by posting here and rudely intruding on a wineries time can we talk about wine.

pongx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pongx

Hmmm I love clif bars and I love wine. Soo very tempting.

boaz38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38
pongx wrote:Hmmm I love clif bars and I love wine. Soo very tempting.

i dunno, sounds hinky.........they offer a wine from a previous winemaker.......... if the wine was so good........then why is it here? are they dumping inventory on us? the alcohol content is just a bit too high to my liking........c ya thursday.....maybe i am paranoid..... "it could be worse....it could be raining"........

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

edit: must learn to read.

All else, anyone have a woot off tracker?

signed.

ashecorvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashecorvin
themostrighteous wrote:'tis never happened before.

JC - I sent you a PM...

Ashe

123 bottles and counting...

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

so with 2 offerings (note...not necessarily wine if i read the newsletter right) a week, does this mean we have a sliver of a chance of getting a shipping-state limited wine offered sometime this year?

i hate to gripe about it, but the worst has been when wines that were previously offered to us (like the ty...sigh i'm still crying about that one) aren't on the next go around. has there been a uniform change to the policy that i missed?

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
canonizer wrote:Um, WD, any woot-off love?

I like this one [url=http://www.mywoot.net/]

CT

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
canonizer wrote:edit: must learn to read.

I like the wootalyzer. YMMV

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT