javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
winefarm wrote:This is why you are my people. I love this conversation. Are we at my family dinner table?

But, if we are voting, I vote for semi-weekly, because to me bi-weekly means every two weeks. Now, if we could just get the baseball announcers to stop saying, "should have went."

Yes, but which definition would you rather have us use for purchasing purposes?

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

cooneym11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cooneym11

Two.
Two offers.
Two offers, one week.

Of course to the tune of the successful subway campaign. I apologize in advance if you find yourself muttering some form of this later in the day, its catchy.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
winefarm wrote:This is why you are my people. I love this conversation. Are we at my family dinner table?

But, if we are voting, I vote for semi-weekly, because to me bi-weekly means every two weeks. Now, if we could just get the baseball announcers to stop saying, "should have went."

Yeah, but what do you expect from a bunch of baseball jocks?

What's that? There are a bunch of baseball fans here? Baseball jocks, even? Really?

Nevermind!

CT | | | | | |

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

The Count, from Sesame Street:
"Two... two wines per veek! Ah, ah, ah, ah..."

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

javadrinker

"Wine.woot: Now 2 a week because your cellar ain't gonna fill itself"

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
cooneym11 wrote:Two.
Two offers.
Two offers, one week.

Of course to the tune of the successful subway campaign. I apologize in advance if you find yourself muttering some form of this later in the day, its catchy.

My first thought was the comparison to two girls one cup, not subway

two deals, one week

double the fun, half the time: two deals, one week

the wine lottery: two deals a week, for life

ok back to work

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

clifwinelinzi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages clifwinelinzi

Thank you for all the great posts about Clif Bar Family Winery. If anyone has any questions about the wines, let me know. I'm online and happy to answer!

cooneym11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cooneym11
tkastorff wrote:My first thought was the comparison to two girls one cup, not subway

two deals, one week

double the fun, half the time: two deals, one week

the wine lottery: two deals a week, for life

ok back to work

Ohhhhh...Just the mention of two girls one cup should make you eligible for probation. I hope no one makes the mistake of googling that.

babalooo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages babalooo
cheron98 wrote:Just wanted to make sure no one else responded before I did. Woot has a newsletter that gets sent out on random occasions, and this morning those of us who have subscribed (check Your Account, there should be a checkbox in there to opt-in) received a newsletter spouting about s.w birthday and regular woot's birthday and then there was the killer paragraph about wine.woot going semi-weekly. And it was as if a thousand voices cried out...

That's really odd.....I've subscribed to the Woot newsletter and have received some in the past, but didn't get the one that others have gotten. Is there anyone else that didn't get the recent email?

babalooo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages babalooo

Did anyone come up with: "Twice a Week for Twice the Wines"?

pssquishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pssquishy
hld1970 wrote:Forget the newsletter, I am still waiting for my Chase Cellars Zins. Unbelievable. QC is going south on here.

I gots me mine. This is kylemittskus, by the way. I'm busted for something, although I don't know what.

pssquishy

babalooo wrote:Did anyone come up with: "Twice a Week for Twice the Wines"?

But it's not really twice the wine... it's twice the offering but it may not be wine all the time.

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
pssquishy wrote:I gots me mine. This is kylemittskus, by the way. I'm busted for something, although I don't know what.

Did you want a cookie?

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

pssquishy

tkastorff wrote:Did you want a cookie?

Hell yeah I do!!! Oatmeal chocolate chip.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sbacro wrote:How about "Four Wines, Fortnightly".

Hopefully should end the bi/semi-weekly debate.

Four Wines every two weeks??? Fortnight means 14 days.

So nope, not gonna work. Surprised Loweeel didn't catch it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

babalooo wrote:That's really odd.....I've subscribed to the Woot newsletter and have received some in the past, but didn't get the one that others have gotten. Is there anyone else that didn't get the recent email?

Still haven't gotten it yet. Someone posted that it gets sent in waves.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

How about:

"Wine.Woot ... Now emptying your wallet at twice the speed each week"

or

"Wine.Woot ... Now emptying your wallet Two times a week"

or

"Wine.Woot ... It's not just on Mondays anymore"

or my favorite:

"Wine.Woot ... Now two times a week for Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun"

pssquishy

MarkDaSpark wrote:How about:

"Wine.Woot ... Now emptying your wallet at twice the speed each week"

or

"Wine.Woot ... Now emptying your wallet Two times a week"

or

"Wine.Woot ... It's not just on Mondays anymore"

or my favorite:

"Wine.Woot ... Now two times a week for Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun"

I like the middle two.

Does this mean clues twice a week also?

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

Wine.Woot ... now for those who thinking doing it once a week is just not enough.

MarkDaSpark

pssquishy wrote:I like the middle two.

Does this mean clues twice a week also?

It should. But you never know.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

A doublet of wines a week to fill up your goblet.
A doublet for goblet a week.
Wine Weekly - Now two-fold.
Wine.Woot! - Now in dynamic duo style!
W2ne.Woot!
Wine.W22t! - You see what we did there.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

favrerocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages favrerocks

Wine.Woot - Now Twice as Nice

Random Crap x3
Norman, Monticello (rat), Cavedoni (bv), Chase (x3), Benson (x3) and much more to come

pssquishy

favrerocks wrote:Wine.Woot - Now Twice as Nice

I like the elegance.

Why don't we take this to the Cyberpub and allow this thread to remain true to those crazy climbers?

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
MarkDaSpark wrote:Four Wines every two weeks??? Fortnight means 14 days.

So nope, not gonna work. Surprised Loweeel didn't catch it.

Forgive my ignorance, but why won't this work?
Week 1 - new wine on monday and thursday - 2 wines
Week 2 - new wine on monday and thursday - 2 wines
After two weeks, a fortnight, there have been four wines or wine-related products that have been for sale.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

pssquishy

InShadows wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but why won't this work?
After two weeks, a fortnight, there have been four wines or wine-related products that have been for sale.

Four wines a fortnight?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

DUDES ENOUGH. Go discuss the slogan over here: Thread for discussing the w.w slogan. Beat it!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

In for 1. So if I'm buying wines way faster than I'm drinking them and even giving them away, what happens when there are twice the offerings? :P

CT

MarkDaSpark

InShadows wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but why won't this work?

What if only 1 wine in the offer? Or more than 2? Anyway, off to the thread!!

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

I'm in. Wanted some of that Syrah last week but no Michigan.

I like buying wines that are ready to drink. I've got way too much sitting in my cellar that I don't want to touch for two years...

shopping77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shopping77

Wine.Woot - Drink wine - See Double. Two offers per week.

BobboinAVL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobboinAVL

Wine Woot: Doing duos weekly for double your dough. D'oh!

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke
clifwinelinzi wrote:Thank you for all the great posts about Clif Bar Family Winery. If anyone has any questions about the wines, let me know. I'm online and happy to answer!

Ok, I have an actual wine-related question for you. In the description, there isn't much mention of how/how long/in what these wines have been aged. Could you tell us a bit about the wine-making process which has produced these snazzy blends?

Also, I'm curious: why the name "Improv"?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
afranke wrote:Ok, I have an actual wine-related question for you. In the description, there isn't much mention of how/how long/in what these wines have been aged. Could you tell us a bit about the wine-making process which has produced these snazzy blends?

And, of course, what is the recommended drinking / aging window?

CT | | | | | |

clifwinelinzi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages clifwinelinzi
afranke wrote:Ok, I have an actual wine-related question for you. In the description, there isn't much mention of how/how long/in what these wines have been aged. Could you tell us a bit about the wine-making process which has produced these snazzy blends?

Also, I'm curious: why the name "Improv"?

These wines were both made by winemaker Rob Hunter, before Sarah Gott joined us. For Gary's Improv, Rob used a combination of new French and American Oak. I believe the split was 50/50. The wine was aged for 12 months. The Climber Red is aged for 8 months in 25% new and 75% used American Oak. The name Improv comes from the fact that Gary is an improvisational jazz trumpet player. He can actually play two trumpets at one time...it's something to see! The Gary's Improv changes each vintage. In fact our 2005 vintage which we just released is a Zinfandel with a touch of Petite Sirah blended in (3%). The 2006 will be a Syrah. The Gary's Improv is always sourced from select vineyards in the Napa Valley.

javadrinker

You know what would be really cool right now? A Clif bar. Mmmmmm...rich, chocolaty, and full of all the essential minerals you need to wait for your Clif wine to arrive. Mmmmm...that's good.

This attempt at changing the subject brought to you by the fine folks at Clif...mmmmmmm Clif.

Disclaimer: Java is in no way shape or form associated with the fine folks at Clif...mmmmmmmm Clif. He has however been instructed to remain at least 500 feet from the fine folks at Clif. Mmmmmmmm...oh you get the idea.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
hld1970 wrote:Valid point. Can we hug it out now?

fine by me. whomever you choose to have this convo w/ in the future, may i suggest that you post it in the Pub, ie not here? the issue(s) that you raise have nothing to do w/ this week's offering & it would be the courteous thing to do. cool?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

hld1970 wrote:Glad I am doing my part.

Oh, and in the meantime, Check the Chase thread where WD has very kindly addressed the concerns with where your Chase zins are and what happened to them.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
cheron98 wrote:Oh, and in the meantime, Check the Chase thread where WD has very kindly addressed the concerns with where your Chase zins are and what happened to them.

While I have addressed your concerns and sent you a PM, you continue to post on here out this. Kindly follow your own advice and send me a PM, ok?

cheron98

hld1970 wrote:While I have addressed your concerns and sent you a PM, you continue to post on here out this. Kindly follow your own advice and send me a PM, ok?

Actually, that post was meant for anyone who happens to have a question about it.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
themostrighteous wrote:fine by me. whomever you choose to have this convo w/ in the future, may i suggest that you post it in the Pub, ie not here? the issue(s) that you raise have nothing to do w/ this week's offering & it would be the courteous thing to do. cool?

Absolutely. I am cool with that. Could you guys call off cheron. He/she has a lot of anger or something. Good god.