eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
jwhite6114 wrote:
(of course, generalizations are always wrong, so you may find a dictionary that does not show both meanings, but in general they all do)

Good stuff.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
jwhite6114 wrote:Be patient. No one ever promised you'd get it quickly (just cheaply), and summer shipping takes longer than normal. 10 - 14 days to Virginia is the norm for me, and during the summer it can take even longer.

Forgive this dumb question: Then why do we pay MORE for summer shipping? So it can be slower? That makes no sense.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
jwhite6114 wrote:Your statement may be true, but language is a function of usage. And every dictionary you check will show both meanings for this word.

(of course, generalizations are always wrong, so you may find a dictionary that does not show both meanings, but in general they all do)

But this is the slippery slope which incorporates lolcat speak into the vernacular, why we say 'healthy' instead of healthful and why we have absurd terms like 'organic' (as if some food is not organic). Let's draw a line! Language itself is accurate, even if the people employing it are not.

signed.

canonizer

hld1970 wrote:Forgive this dumb question: Then why do we pay MORE for summer shipping? So it can be slower? That makes no sense.

So it can arrive without experiencing heat damage.

signed.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
hld1970 wrote:Forgive this dumb question: Then why do we pay MORE for summer shipping? So it can be slower? That makes no sense.

This has been covered before, but...
AFAIK, orders are shipped via refridgerated truck to central distribution points (I'm guessing east coast, midwest, south, etc) and then UPS picks them up. Once UPS gets them, they get to you within 2 days. $2 extra for summer shipping = a lot less time sitting someplace hot.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

You normally pay a (highly subsidized) shipping rate based on just transporting a weight. In summer, you're also paying for the protection from heat damage.

I'm sure they could send it regularly, but you wouldn't want to drink (or even cook with) what was left. Of course, that's assuming that there was something left and that the cork didn't push entirely out and leak all over the package.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:That's funny, you didn't woot the Harvey wines, though I told you you'd be sad if you didn't, and now you're in his wine club. Proving once and for all, wine.woot always wins in the end.

Part of it was trying (note "trying") to not buy every wine.woot's weekly offering. Part of it was not having room (since have gotten a wine locker). Part of it was that it wasn't PS. Another part must have been to let you crow about it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

So it stays cooler across the country. Your wine is more likely to cook in a standard ground UPS truck in the summer ... so they use refirg cars to get to the east coast, and cooling packs to central / midwest locations. it takes longer, yes, but is costlier.

compare it to the cost of 2nd day or overnight, and then come back with a counter proposal of how to get your wine faster at woot costs.

CT | | | | | |

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7
cheron98 wrote:Just wanted to make sure no one else responded before I did. Woot has a newsletter that gets sent out on random occasions, and this morning those of us who have subscribed (check Your Account, there should be a checkbox in there to opt-in) received a newsletter spouting about s.w birthday and regular woot's birthday and then there was the killer paragraph about wine.woot going semi-weekly. And it was as if a thousand voices cried out...

Thanks all for heads up on the newsletter. I have only been a member for a couple of months. I will look for it with interest, especially if it is filled with tidbits like this that can affect my financial standing. Can man live by wine alone! With two offerings a week I think I may be about to find out.

jwhite6114

canonizer wrote:But this is the slippery slope which incorporates lolcat speak into the vernacular, why we say 'healthy' instead of healthful and why we have absurd terms like 'organic' (as if some food is not organic). Let's draw a line! Language itself is accurate, even if the people employing it are not.

Neither you nor I need to draw any line. Real experts already have. And they have said biweekly can mean twice a week or every two weeks .

CT | | | | | |

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
jwhite6114 wrote:Uh, oh! It's official:

Wine.Woot Ages Nicely, Now Offers Two Sales Per Week
If your cup runneth over with love for Wine.Woot, then getteth a load of this: we're now officially featuring two wine deals per week, every week. The first round will still be poured on Monday morning at midnight. The chaser comes on Thursday morning at the same time, sometimes with the same kinds of deals on premium wines from the winery, sometimes with a little something different. Wine.Woot has done this regularly for a while now, so we figured it was time to make an honest web site out of it. Now, if you've got any suggestions for replacing Wine.Woot's old slogan ("One Week, One Wine"), we'd love to hear them.

Does this mean twice the chance for being a labrat?

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

jwhite6114

InShadows wrote:Does this mean twice the chance for being a labrat?

He has been labratting both offers in recent weeks, so I think the answer is "yes"

CT | | | | | |

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
canonizer wrote:But this is the slippery slope which incorporates lolcat speak into the vernacular, why we say 'healthy' instead of healthful and why we have absurd terms like 'organic' (as if some food is not organic). Let's draw a line! Language itself is accurate, even if the people employing it are not.

Wow, I never thought about healthy/healthful. I am EXTREMELY bothered by that now!

This is like when someone informed me of nauseous/nauseated. THANK YOU.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

canonizer

fairnymph wrote:Wow, I never thought about healthy/healthful. I am EXTREMELY bothered by that now!

This is like when someone informed me of nauseous/nauseated. THANK YOU.

Yep, there is 0 healthy food, at least not by the time it's being consumed.

signed.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
jwhite6114 wrote:Be patient. No one ever promised you'd get it quickly (just cheaply), and summer shipping takes longer than normal. 10 - 14 days to Virginia is the norm for me, and during the summer it can take even longer.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my Chase too. But personally I totally don't mind as I have no real need for any of my wine to arrive quickly due to having so much in stock.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

labROUS

quality posts: 7 Private Messages labROUS

Early labROUS report. I'm out of here in a few minutes, so I have to post this a bit early. Have a great week everyone.

LabROUS report 2004 Clif The Climber

Color: medium depth, quite purple. I noticed this was a blend of several varieties when WD gave it to me last week, but I intend not to look at the makeup until after I have smelled and tasted the wine. Initial aromas are dominated somewhat by oak, along with ripe berry-cherry fruit, brown sugar and hints of tar and leather. Swirling brings out the cherry and raspberry aromas along with a spicy, licorice-like component and a slight whiff of alcohol. The oak is not as obvious, and there are notes of black pepper, olive, cassis, tobacco and leather. The aromas don't change a lot with more time and aeration – I still get raspberry and cherry with a bit of watermelon, licorice, brown sugar, slight hints of tar, leather and soy. In summation ; there's a lot going on aromatically; this wine is fruity, but not simple. Don't let the references to tar, leather and soy bother you – these are minor nuances, not dominant characters.

The entry is medium full, with a supple texture. There is enough acid to keep the fruit bright, with cherry and raspberry flavors. The tannins are moderate with some astringency and a little bit of drying chalkiness on the otherwise sweet (fruit and alcohol, not RS) and long finish. There also is a slight touch of heat on the finish. This wine definitely has enough fruit and suppleness to enjoy by itself, but I think the bit of tannin and decent acid level make it a good candidate for matching with rich food. This has the stuff to last at least another 2-4 years, but it certainly is very ready to drink now, and I'd be inclined to drink it sooner than later.

Now comes the fun, and hard part – guessing the composition. Raspberry (and watermelon), brown sugar and black pepper say Zin. The cherry suggests Merlot. Certainly some Cab, with the olive, tobacco and cassis. Maybe some Syrah, but I don't really pick up the smoky, bacony, gamy trademark Syrah aromas. The purplish color and slight tannic edge might be from Durif (PS) or Petite Verdot, but I don't get excessive tannins, so I don't think either of these is a significant component. What else is possible? Pinot noir – no, maybe Carignan, Malbec, or Cab. Franc (licorice).
On looking at the back label, I'm surprised there's more Syrah than Merlot or Cabernet sauvignon. These three (and the Durif/PS) certainly give structure and complexity to the Zin.

eajpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eajpuckett

The entire email reads as follows:

Good day, eajpuckett,

We heard you had some time to kill, so we thought, what the hell, might as well send you a Woot newsletter to read. So, you know, here it is. Take a look at what we're up to, see if anything interests you, whatever. Like, maybe you're into, like, we dunno, battery-powered lawnmowers or something. If not, that's cool, you know? No pressure, dude.

Shirt.Woot Turns One Year Old, Turns On International Shipping
Twelve grueling months of daily t-shirt sales culminated in a veritable buttload of birthday fun as Shirt.Woot marked its first anniversary. There was the special Happy Birthday to Us t-shirt, still available long after the candles have grown cold, along with our many other strikingly lovely shirt designs. There was our b-day hoedown party in St. Louis, which had not happened yet at press time but will have by the time you read this. And there's the imminent retirement of our Launch shirt, because it's been a year now and nobody's buying it anymore anyway. Best of all, we get to share the occasion with our friends in the 45 foreign countries that Shirt.Woot now ships to - by all means, invite your international pals to peruse our wares. We're one big happy global t-shirt family, like those kids singing "It's A Small World After All", only more stylishly dressed.

Regular Old Woot Turns Four Years Old, Sells carp
Before our big alpha daddy flagship site gets jealous, we should tell you that Woot.com also had a birthday recently. On July 12, we turned four years old in regular time, which makes us roughly 93 years old in Internet time. And we marked the occasion the way we do best: crappily. Thousands upon thousands of carp-crazed addicts stormed our servers for a Bag O' carp that night, and an elite handful procured bonafide Woot carp. See for yourself, and marvel at the carp people willingly pay money for. That's the most special birthday miracle of all.

If your cup runneth over with love for Wine.Woot, then getteth a load of this: we're now officially featuring two wine deals per week, every week. The first round will still be poured on Monday morning at midnight. The chaser comes on Thursday morning at the same time, sometimes with the same kinds of deals on premium wines from the winery, sometimes with a little something different. Wine.Woot has done this regularly for a while now, so we figured it was time to make an honest web site out of it. Now, if you've got any suggestions for replacing Wine.Woot's old slogan ("One Week, One Wine"), we'd love to hear them.

CEO Tries To Stay Young By Blogging, Just Like The Kids Do These Days
As if ordering us minions to carry out his deranged vision isn't self-actualization enough, Woot CEO Matt "Snapster" Rutledge has begun musing on our blog. His CEO, Interrupted series brings the thoughts of Chairman Matt to the masses. The guy who thought up the whole one-day, one-deal thing speaks frankly about where the company is headed, fields comments and questions from readers, and drops terms like "Kombinieren-geschick" and "blog-evolved", sometimes jokingly. It's a much more effective way to communicate with the Woot brain trust than those e-cards you keep sending.

Grown-Ups Wanted For Positions With Immature E-Commerce Company
When we've got job openings - like we do right now - we prefer to hire savvy people. Clued-in people. Woot people. So if you live in the Dallas megametroplexopolis and you're cool with doing a little warehouse or t-shirt production work, come to our open house at Woot HQ (4121 International Parkway, Carrollton, TX 75007) on Saturday, August 2 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. We'll have you fill out an application, undergo a background check, chat with the hirin' folks, and take a test. We're also looking for other kinds of help, from Business Process Analyst to Buyer, as listed on our jobs page. And if you happen to live in St. Louis, we're looking for an experienced Photoshop and CSS hotshot to be our new Lead Designer. How much harder does opportunity have to knock? Apply already, jeez!

That's about all we can reveal to someone with your security clearance. Anyway, we've gotta go figure out how to clear some space in our warehouse, so we'll let you go. Until next time, dance as if nobody's watching, love as if you've never been hurt, and buy our stuff as if your credit card has no limit.

Keep the faith -
Woot

And back on topic: (and no clayfu, I'm not a poser or a marketing jerk somewhere :p)

Having been a long-time lurker here on the boards, I am a newbie to the wine world, primarily because of my taste for vodka and tequila eats at my drink budget, and the fact that my soon-to-be-wife abhors most wines (only recently finding she loves a Danzante Pinot Grigio 11.99 at Costco). That being said, I would like some input as to a good "entry" into reds for someone who hates dry, hot wines and likes more fruit. Would this be a nice entry or should I jump straight into a Wellington or Canton or Harvey wine?

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
hld1970 wrote:Forget the newsletter, I am still waiting for my Chase Cellars Zins. Unbelievable. QC is going south on here.

ditto, l@me

UPS notification still stuck on billing info ...

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

sbacro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbacro
jwhite6114 wrote:Uh, oh! It's official:

How about "Four Wines, Fortnightly".

Hopefully should end the bi/semi-weekly debate.

2x Roessler Cellars 3pack; 2x WC Triacipedis 6pack; 3x TC CabSauv 3pack (WO); 1x Gundlach Bundschu 3pack (WO); 3x TC Field Blend; 1x EHP 6pack; 3x Zahtila Chard (WO); 2x Penfolds Bin 28 4pack (WO); 2x Benziger Red Trio; 2x Zahtila Chard; 2x Corison Cab (WO); 1x TC Field Blend; 2x Ty Caton 3pack; 2x Frazier 2pack

HitAnyKey42

tkastorff wrote:ditto, male

UPS notification still stuck on billing info ...

As said multiple times already, that's cuz UPS don't actually pick it up until the refrigerated truck gets it to the appropriate UPS distribution center.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Part of it was trying (note "trying") to not buy every wine.woot's weekly offering. Part of it was not having room (since have gotten a wine locker). Part of it was that it wasn't PS. Another part must have been to let you crow about it.

Yeah well, I didn't go in on the Wellington Cuvee R so we're even now. But I still need revenge on everyone else who posts to tell me how wonderful it is, thereby mocking me and making my rage boil.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
sbacro wrote:How about "Four Wines, Fortnightly".

Hopefully should end the bi/semi-weekly debate.

I love it!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jwhite6114

bhodilee wrote:Yeah well, I didn't go in on the Wellington Cuvee R so we're even now. But I still need revenge on everyone else who posts to tell me how wonderful it is, thereby mocking me and making my rage boil.

Well, it is good. Shoulda gotten some! (Wish I'd ordered more than one set)

CT | | | | | |

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

New motto:

Two wines a week - not as often as juvie woot, but we'd all be broke if it was.

Or maybe:

Monday's a good day to start drinking. And by the middle of the week, you'll need another.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

HitAnyKey42

How about this for a motto:

First Wine Monday, Second Wine Humpday!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:How about this for a motto:

First Wine Monday, Second Wine Humpday!

Except "humpday" is Wednesday, and the new offering comes on Thursday.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

clifwinegary wrote:Hello wooters. Gary Erickson here from Clif Bar Family WInery, first time blogger, is that what I am doing? Thought I'd pop in to say hello after getting a lesson from Linzi at Clif Bar Family WInery on how to log in. We are very excited to have our wines featured on wine.woot.

As in the story about Doritos Winery, we do get asked about why "Clif Bar" branding? The simple answer is that Clif Bar is who we are and CLif (who is my dad) represents many of the same values that we wanted to instill in our wines. I first got bit by the wine bug in 1982 while traveling the world for a year and ended up in Tuscany, stayed with a florentine family I met and learned about Chianti. Two decades later, my wife, Kit and I moved to Napa Valley and bought some farm property near Howell Mountain which we are slowly developing an organic farm.

in 2004 we decided to start making wine, the bug got bigger and more complicated, but we love food and wine and well, we love making it also. We will eventually grow a few acres on our property, but we learned fast and started sourcing grapes from Sonoma, Mendocino and Napa...making some interesting blends. Kit and I love blends, not only Chianti, but especially love Southern Rhone blends. The Climber Red satisfied that desire by blending a unigue northern California wine with five varietles, Zinfandel, Syrah, Cab, Merlot and Petite Sirah. This has been an incredible adventure (nearly as adventurous as my epic bike rides in the Alps), and along with our winemaker Sarah Gott, we are hoping to source all of our future wines from certified organic vineyards or sustainably farmed vineyards.

I'm driving to Berkeley, have some meetings today but will try to check in later and answer any questions you may have about our wines. I'll check in the next few days also. I hope you enjoy these wines, we do try to over deliver on value. Linzi will also be checking in and will answer questions as she will be available most of the day, thanks Linzi.

Thank you,
Gary

Check out Gary, Clif Bar head honcho, chiming in. Thanks very much Gary, and welcome.

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23
hld1970 wrote:Forget the newsletter, I am still waiting for my Chase Cellars Zins. Unbelievable. QC is going south on here.

If it makes you feel any better, I live a little less than 2 hours south of Sonoma and I haven't received mine yet

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

btw, the newsletter (as per usual when there is a newsletter) intimates that there will be a wootoff this week. Batten down the hatches -- what wine will we see I wonder?

jwhite6114

oppsie wrote:btw, the newsletter (as per usual when there is a newsletter) intimates that there will be a wootoff this week. Batten down the hatches -- what wine will we see I wonder?

Aha! So it does -- I missed that first time around (no one accused me of being too sharp). Thanks for highlighting that possibility!

CT | | | | | |

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
eric9tx wrote:For Texas residents (only), use the coupon code: TAXSUCKS

It takes $5 off your order total, which just happens to be the same as the usual shipping cost, but I don't believe it has anything to do with shipping. Just a happy coincidence. Hopefully WD will correct me if I'm wrong, but I sorta assumed that tax was figured into the price and Texas said "screw that". (Summer shipping is $7 so you're still paying $2. But really... you can't beat that with a stick.)

I thought someone once said that there was a minimum price to which this would apply (for example, the offer had to be over X dollars to use the code), but I have never had it not work.

I think the min was $50 bucks or something (which you will cover once shipping is included)....sorry if this question has alrady been taken care of. Just put it in the "gift certificate / coupon code:" on the order form and see if it works!

CT

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:Except "humpday" is Wednesday, and the new offering comes on Thursday.

Yeah, so? It still sounds cool.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

so, i don't mean to be rude, but have any of you who have issues w/ Summer shipping bought wine online from any reputable source during the Summer?!? i can't imagine that you have. the choices are typically either overnight or 2-day FedEx for the very basic reason that these are the only methods in which said retailers will ship wine in order to ensure that it arrives at your doorstep UNCOOKED. $7?!? are you kidding?!? are you serious?!?

the price that you pay in exchange for the killer deal that $7 shipping represents is a little PATIENCE. don't have it? then pay up (and don't be fooled: WineBid has AWESOME shipping rates compared to most (smaller) wine retailers).

EDIT: oh, i almost forgot: just my $0.02.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Ha, I still haven't gotten the Chateau Souverain.....or anything ordered since then!

CT

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
bkarney wrote:Ha, I still haven't gotten the Chateau Souverain.....or anything ordered since then!

y'all should just PM WD, tell him that you grant w.w a waiver of any responsibility for cooked juice, and i'm sure he'll get you your wine ASAP.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
bkarney wrote:Ha, I still haven't gotten the Chateau Souverain.....or anything ordered since then!

And I'm still waiting for the Monticello... and the Chateau Souverain... and the Chase.
Understand I'm in NH, but... ???

Dude... wait, what?

winehiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winehiker

Thanks, darisgin, for the shout-out! I spent an hour on the phone with Gary and Kit to conduct that interview, since it was just a wee bit easier to talk to them that way than to become a competitive triathlete!

Suffice to say, the Clif Bar wines are pretty decent, and they'll only get better with Sarah Gott involved.

Russ Beebe
Winehiker & Founder
californiawinehikes.com guided tours

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320

this wine is fruity and delicious!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mjl9320 wrote:this wine is fruity and delicious!

Magically so?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
jwhite6114 wrote:Your statement may be true, but language is a function of usage. And every dictionary you check will show both meanings for this word.

This is why you are my people. I love this conversation. Are we at my family dinner table?

But, if we are voting, I vote for semi-weekly, because to me bi-weekly means every two weeks. Now, if we could just get the baseball announcers to stop saying, "should have went."