afranke


quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke
Loweeel wrote:err... bi-weekly means once every 2 weeks. It does NOT mean twice each week.



I just realized that, myself...apparently I should be buying more coffee this morning, not more wine.

Back to the drawing board!

crzycajn70


quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

wine.woot - two every week for the wine loving freak.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

UnfrozenCaveman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnfrozenCaveman

It is so good to be back in Wine.wootville! This is my first order since our son was born. The wife made me lay off ordering any wine while she was pregnant, so it's been a long nine months!

And what an offering! I would like to throw my name out there for labrat on this one, as I've loved the Clif family of products ever since I first tried them. This company does not make a bad product, from their bars to builders bars to shots to the shot blox (Yes, I'm a bike rider and practically live on Clif products!). How could you go wrong with this wine?!

The fact that the blends are heavy on the zin are even better!

Hit me with a lab rat and I'll get that review up pronto!

woopdedoo


quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Here is my useless post: I had it on the tour, but I had about 10 other wines that night at dinner so I do not remember what it was like. I am sure it was at least decent, as it seemed to fit well with the company of the other fine wines showered on us that evening.

crzycajn70


quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

No longer just once
We're going for twice
Two offers each week
same low wine.woot price
burma shave

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

UBlink


quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Semi-weekly semillon (with the occasional other varietal).

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

McMalbec


quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Although the Climber might be a bit of a reach, I am in and will remain an objective rat until I review a bottle tomorrow.

clifwinegary


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clifwinegary

Hello wooters. Gary Erickson here from Clif Bar Family WInery, first time blogger, is that what I am doing? Thought I'd pop in to say hello after getting a lesson from Linzi at Clif Bar Family WInery on how to log in. We are very excited to have our wines featured on wine.woot.

As in the story about Doritos Winery, we do get asked about why "Clif Bar" branding? The simple answer is that Clif Bar is who we are and CLif (who is my dad) represents many of the same values that we wanted to instill in our wines. I first got bit by the wine bug in 1982 while traveling the world for a year and ended up in Tuscany, stayed with a florentine family I met and learned about Chianti. Two decades later, my wife, Kit and I moved to Napa Valley and bought some farm property near Howell Mountain which we are slowly developing an organic farm.

in 2004 we decided to start making wine, the bug got bigger and more complicated, but we love food and wine and well, we love making it also. We will eventually grow a few acres on our property, but we learned fast and started sourcing grapes from Sonoma, Mendocino and Napa...making some interesting blends. Kit and I love blends, not only Chianti, but especially love Southern Rhone blends. The Climber Red satisfied that desire by blending a unigue northern California wine with five varietles, Zinfandel, Syrah, Cab, Merlot and Petite Sirah. This has been an incredible adventure (nearly as adventurous as my epic bike rides in the Alps), and along with our winemaker Sarah Gott, we are hoping to source all of our future wines from certified organic vineyards or sustainably farmed vineyards.

I'm driving to Berkeley, have some meetings today but will try to check in later and answer any questions you may have about our wines. I'll check in the next few days also. I hope you enjoy these wines, we do try to over deliver on value. Linzi will also be checking in and will answer questions as she will be available most of the day, thanks Linzi.

Thank you,
Gary


canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

::dons loweel mask::

Have you considered make a single varietal PS?

::removes loweel mask::

signed.

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

WD -- sent you an email on Friday. I'd really appreciate it if you could respond - just trying to get things tied up before we make it out there.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
canonizer wrote:::dons loweel mask::

Have you considered make a single varietal PS?

::removes loweel mask::



Your mask is missing an "e" :-p

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

boaz38


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

i live in texas, will i get charged shipping on this order? seems their was some debate about this long ago and i forgot the promo code to wipe out ship cost........ty

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
javadrinker wrote:I also remember thinking..."huh, who the F brought the Cliff wine?". Guess it was just WD doing a preemptive strike on us. Funny how all of the wines we tasted tended to dull the brainological neurons just enough so that none of us made the connection as to the next offering. That WD...he's not as not-smart as he lets on.



Actually, he did drop a few hints indicating he'd like some lab-rat reports from us if it should just happen to show up as an offering sometime in the future.

The future is a little more immediate than I suspected.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

spdrcr05


quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

Okay... I realize it's only Monday and the first of the new official 2 a week offerings isn't due until Thursday... and it's a little early to be speculating what the offer might be... but...

I'm visiting Mom's house in small town S. Illinois (from my usual digs in the D.C. area), I'm bored because I have WAY too much free time on my hands, so I'm gonna put it out there that I'm sincerely hoping to get an offering of the Clif Farm Olive Oil. Come on ... wouldn't it go GREAT with the balsamic we all just bought?

On a side note... some of you may remember my rattage a few weeks ago where Mom was visiting me ... Mom has taken the experience to heart and she is now going to the store, writing down names, coming home, doing some research, and then and only then returning to buy wine (it's a small town... the wine shop / liquor store is 3 minutes away). AND she's started asking the owner to stock wines she's read about and wants to try. When I got here Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised to find Bogle chard & pinot available for my consumption!

So, thanks WD for the rat-ortunity... Mom has always been a wine drinker.. now we've converted her into a wine lover!

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
Cesare wrote:You know what I just realized, how come there are no wooters from that area? The closest is SoCal. We need a local wine.woot spy!



Excuse me? Unless California has done a major rearrangement in the last few days, I'm closer: San Jose.

Still not close enought, though.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
spdrcr05 wrote:Okay... I realize it's only Monday and the first of the new official 2 a week offerings isn't due until Thursday... and it's a little early to be speculating what the offer might be... but...

I'm visiting Mom's house in small town S. Illinois (from my usual digs in the D.C. area), I'm bored because I have WAY too much free time on my hands, so I'm gonna put it out there that I'm sincerely hoping to get an offering of the Clif Farm Olive Oil. Come on ... wouldn't it go GREAT with the balsamic we all just bought?

On a side note... some of you may remember my rattage a few weeks ago where Mom was visiting me ... Mom has taken the experience to heart and she is now going to the store, writing down names, coming home, doing some research, and then and only then returning to buy wine (it's a small town... the wine shop / liquor store is 3 minutes away). AND she's started asking the owner to stock wines she's read about and wants to try. When I got here Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised to find Bogle chard & pinot available for my consumption!

So, thanks WD for the rat-ortunity... Mom has always been a wine drinker.. now we've converted her into a wine lover!



Be sure to check the forums (the world of wine woot) for the forthcoming NoVA/DC #s 6 (8/23) and 7 (TBD)

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Loweeel wrote:err... bi-weekly means once every 2 weeks. It does NOT mean twice each week.



This is correct...how about Binary Bacchanalia? Or Dual Dionysian Deals? Dual Dionysian Deliveries?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
boaz38 wrote:i live in texas, will i get charged shipping on this order? seems their was some debate about this long ago and i forgot the promo code to wipe out ship cost........ty



Well, seeing as this stuff gets shipped out from California, I would wager that yes, you will get charged shipping on this order.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

akk76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akk76

Can I get a Woot Woot! I'm back from my Woot Maternity Leave. :-) Clif too, what a fun way to return. I saw these wines at my favorite booooootique wine shop and the owner let us taste. Yum! Guess Clif does all things well. I'm personally an addict of their twisted fruit (marketed for the kid in me).

Some call it addiction, I call it Wine.Woot: Saxon Brown 2004 Syrah, Lange Willamette Valley Pinot Noir Duo, Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah Vertical Trio, Kunde Estate Trio, Monkey Prize-a Woot Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Saxon Brown 2000 Zinfandel.

iceeblue7


quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

I would like to echo an earlier question. How do we know we are going to two deals a week. A concerned wallet needs to know?

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:HA! Last night RPM Tour dinner. WD and WF. Plus Special guests Scott Harvey, Trent Moffett of Livingston Moffett, David & Colleen Topper of Goosecross Cellars were in attendance with their wonderful wines! And Scott Harvey even went back for more when the wine ran out, and brought back a bottle of the InZinerator too!

And Nallie showed up!! Who paid attention to the wines??? (Well, to be honest, we all did pay real close attention to them. I think Nemetic said there were 30+ dead bottles.)

I do remember this (Gary's Improv - the Meritage) was one of my favorites that night (along with the Goosecross wines). So I definitely will be in for more than one set, but since I'm still totaling the damage from the RPM tour (at least 4 new cases, plus Scott Harvey's wine club), it will probably be later tomorrow or Tuesday before I pull the trigger (have to figure if it's two or three).



That's funny, you didn't woot the Harvey wines, though I told you you'd be sad if you didn't, and now you're in his wine club. Proving once and for all, wine.woot always wins in the end.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
iceeblue7 wrote:I would like to echo an earlier question. How do we know we are going to two deals a week. A concerned wallet needs to know?



Just wanted to make sure no one else responded before I did. Woot has a newsletter that gets sent out on random occasions, and this morning those of us who have subscribed (check Your Account, there should be a checkbox in there to opt-in) received a newsletter spouting about s.w birthday and regular woot's birthday and then there was the killer paragraph about wine.woot going semi-weekly. And it was as if a thousand voices cried out...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

aces219


quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
cheron98 wrote:Just wanted to make sure no one else responded before I did. Woot has a newsletter that gets sent out on random occasions, and this morning those of us who have subscribed (check Your Account, there should be a checkbox in there to opt-in) received a newsletter spouting about s.w birthday and regular woot's birthday and then there was the killer paragraph about wine.woot going semi-weekly. And it was as if a thousand voices cried out...



They go out in waves, don't panic if you haven't received yours yet.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Loweeel wrote:WineDavid laughs gleefully to the WineBank. Thousands of wine.wooters file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection. News at 11.



I thought 11 was specific to businesses, wouldn't they be filing 7 or 13?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

pfcouvar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pfcouvar
themostrighteous wrote:well, just to be clear, Sarah Gott became Clif's winemaker AFTER these wines were made. the winemaker for these wines was Rob Hunter. at least according to their wine.woot offering descriptions.



Whoops, thanks much for that info. Still got in for two before the Lab-Badger deadline.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
iceeblue7 wrote:I would like to echo an earlier question. How do we know we are going to two deals a week. A concerned wallet needs to know?



It was in the newsletter. I have Yahoo mail and they sent it to the junk mail folder, so there's a chance some people didn't see it.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
iceeblue7 wrote:I would like to echo an earlier question. How do we know we are going to two deals a week. A concerned wallet needs to know?



Cause WD told me so about a month or so ago and it's also in the newest Woot! newsletter. I didn't say anything earlier cause I couldnt' remember if I was sworn to secrecy or not. Plus I liked knowing something others didn't. Made me feel powerful in a small and completely useless way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
boaz38 wrote:i live in texas, will i get charged shipping on this order? seems their was some debate about this long ago and i forgot the promo code to wipe out ship cost........ty



For Texas residents (only), use the coupon code: TAXSUCKS

It takes $5 off your order total, which just happens to be the same as the usual shipping cost, but I don't believe it has anything to do with shipping. Just a happy coincidence. Hopefully WD will correct me if I'm wrong, but I sorta assumed that tax was figured into the price and Texas said "screw that". (Summer shipping is $7 so you're still paying $2. But really... you can't beat that with a stick.)

I thought someone once said that there was a minimum price to which this would apply (for example, the offer had to be over X dollars to use the code), but I have never had it not work.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

darisgin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darisgin

Hmmm... checked acount--newsletter checked but nothing in the inbox (or the spambox).

I feel...left out.

Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio; Woot Cellars Polyphemus Magnum; Woot Cellars Humbug; Wellington Vineyards Reserve Duo, three pack, three pack + mystery; Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah; Ty Caton Three-Pack Sampler; Dry Creek Two-Pack Reds

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
darisgin wrote:Hmmm... checked acount--newsletter checked but nothing in the inbox (or the spambox).

I feel...left out.



This was THE FIRST NEWSLETTER I'd ever received.

signed.

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Loweeel wrote:err... bi-weekly means once every 2 weeks. It does NOT mean twice each week.



Your correction may already have been corrected, but I am going to throw this in anyway:

It can mean both.

Semi-weekly is a better term for it is more specific, but bi works, too.

CT | | | | | |

UnfrozenCaveman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnfrozenCaveman
eric9tx wrote:For Texas residents (only), use the coupon code: TAXSUCKS

It takes $5 off your order total, which just happens to be the same as the usual shipping cost, but I don't believe it has anything to do with shipping. Just a happy coincidence. Hopefully WD will correct me if I'm wrong, but I sorta assumed that tax was figured into the price and Texas said "screw that". (Summer shipping is $7 so you're still paying $2. But really... you can't beat that with a stick.)

I thought someone once said that there was a minimum price to which this would apply (for example, the offer had to be over X dollars to use the code), but I have never had it not work.



Doh! I'm in Texas! Where was this little nugget of information? I guess it's too late to change my order, but dang!

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Just wanted to make sure no one else responded before I did. Woot has a newsletter that gets sent out on random occasions, and this morning those of us who have subscribed (check Your Account, there should be a checkbox in there to opt-in) received a newsletter spouting about s.w birthday and regular woot's birthday and then there was the killer paragraph about wine.woot going semi-weekly. And it was as if a thousand voices cried out...



Do note: woot's newsletter seems to not only random in timing, but also mailing list. While not being on the mailing list does mean you won't get one, being on the mailing list does not always mean you do. And mailing list timing is staggered such that not everyone gets theirs at the same time.

CT | | | | | |

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
Loweeel wrote:WD -- sent you an email on Friday. I'd really appreciate it if you could respond - just trying to get things tied up before we make it out there.




Get in line. I sent WD an email on July 16th and I am still waiting for a response.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
jwhite6114 wrote:Your correction may already have been corrected, but I am going to throw this in anyway:

It can mean both.

Semi-weekly is a better term for it is more specific, but bi works, too.



jwhite, just because it's in a dictionary, doesn't make it true. It just means that's a bad dictionary. Bi-weekly does not mean twice a week, even if it's intended to and received as such. It means Two, as in two-weekly, or once every 2 weeks.

Bicycle-2 wheels
Biannual - 2 years
Biped - 2 feet
Bi-ckering - 2 people arguing (jk)

jwhite6114 wrote:Do note: woot's newsletter seems to not only random in timing, but also mailing list. While not being on the mailing list does mean you won't get one, being on the mailing list does not always mean you do. And mailing list timing is staggered such that not everyone gets theirs at the same time.



literally this is the first time i've ever seen in my time at woot.

signed.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Forget the newsletter, I am still waiting for my Chase Cellars Zins. Unbelievable. QC is going south on here.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
canonizer wrote:jwhite, just because it's in a dictionary, doesn't make it true. It just means that's a bad dictionary. Bi-weekly does not mean twice a week, even if it's intended to and received as such. It means Two, as in two-weekly, or once every 2 weeks.



Your statement may be true, but language is a function of usage. And every dictionary you check will show both meanings for this word.

(of course, generalizations are always wrong, so you may find a dictionary that does not show both meanings, but in general they all do)

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
hld1970 wrote:Forget the newsletter, I am still waiting for my Chase Cellars Zins. Unbelievable. QC is going south on here.



Be patient. No one ever promised you'd get it quickly (just cheaply), and summer shipping takes longer than normal. 10 - 14 days to Virginia is the norm for me, and during the summer it can take even longer.

CT | | | | | |

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
coynedj wrote:It was in the newsletter. I have Yahoo mail and they sent it to the junk mail folder, so there's a chance some people didn't see it.



I know, don't you just love Yahoo?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
UnfrozenCaveman wrote:Doh! I'm in Texas! Where was this little nugget of information? I guess it's too late to change my order, but dang!



I found out about it randomly as well, after spending who-knows-how-much. At least you can use it in the future!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT