ChWaDeT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChWaDeT
winefarm wrote:where do you live? check in with service@woot.com. they will ultimately take care. i'm sorry this happened.

I am in Texas. Unfortunately the temps have been in the triple digits and the UPS truck has not been arriving until after 5pm.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

I was checking my credit card activity for the month and noticed the charge for this order had been credited. Then I went back and checked the "blog" entry for the Clif wines and noticed that NH was NOT on the list of states where the wine could be shipped. Did this change after Day 1? Somehow my order snuck in as noted here. Mail sent to service@woot...

[Edit: service confirmed the NH was a no-go for Clif. Odd that I was able to order on Day 1...]

Dude... wait, what?

dkirson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkirson
ChWaDeT wrote:I am in Texas. Unfortunately the temps have been in the triple digits and the UPS truck has not been arriving until after 5pm.

I'm in the same boat. Leaky bottles. Stupid triple digit Texas weather. Luckily the wine.woot service has always treated me right.

ChWaDeT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChWaDeT
dkirson wrote:I'm in the same boat. Leaky bottles. Stupid triple digit Texas weather. Luckily the wine.woot service has always treated me right.

I have not received any response from any of my email to service.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Just curious, any eastcoasters see any action yet?

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare
bkarney wrote:Just curious, any eastcoasters see any action yet?

I think the reefer truck changed destinations to IL instead of NY. My Clif and Zahtila show an origin in IL yesterday, a stop in OH today, and scheduled delivery to me in NY tomorrow.
Edit: my shipment has just hit Northern NJ so they're on their way to NY on time.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarney

Cesare wrote:I think the reefer truck changed destinations to IL instead of NY. My Clif and Zahtila show an origin in IL yesterday, a stop in OH today, and scheduled delivery to me in NY tomorrow.
Edit: my shipment has just hit Northern NJ so they're on their way to NY on time.

Sweet, well I guess I'm coming in Friday to pick it up then. Thanks for the heads-up cesare

CT

bkarney

Cesare wrote:I think the reefer truck changed destinations to IL instead of NY. My Clif and Zahtila show an origin in IL yesterday, a stop in OH today, and scheduled delivery to me in NY tomorrow.

Duplicate Post - Please delete! thanks

CT

Tim2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tim2me

I'm in Cincinnati, OH. My Clif Wine came over a week ago.

purestchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purestchaos

I'm on that bandwagon of wooters-who-miss-a-great-woot. Damn, and these looked mighty tasty.

Any leftovers hanging around the office you want to hook me up with? ;-)

smlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smlauren
purestchaos wrote:I'm on that bandwagon of wooters-who-miss-a-great-woot. Damn, and these looked mighty tasty.

Any leftovers hanging around the office you want to hook me up with? ;-)

me too!!!!

439 Bottles
$8,531.53
Avg. cost per bottle $19.43

daal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daal

i have got a latestwine club site and its has all the wine in the world

Wine Club

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
daal wrote:i have got a latestwine club site and its has all the wine in the world

Wine Club

Do you have spam to go with that wine?

purestchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purestchaos
Lighter wrote:Do you have spam to go with that wine?

I don't believe I've ever tried that pairing... ;-)

dkirson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkirson
ChWaDeT wrote:I have not received any response from any of my email to service.

Yeah, at this point neither have I. I guess I'll just email them again and see. I never received a reply to another issue I had recently with a regular woot order but they did take care of it, which is usually what happens. This is kind of odd.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

My notes on The Climber:

Deep garnet-burgundy colour.

Sniffed: Dried dark fruit, spice, leather - almost Syrah-like. A fair bit of heat in the nose, with very delicate legs.

Tasted: Medium bodied, but coats the tongue richly. Flavourwise, it's very similar to sniffed with dried cherry and also some black/bing cherry notes, the same spice and leather. Good fruit. Well-balanced acidity with nice structure from the tannins. A lot of alcoholic burn (though this fades somewhat with decanting), and the finish lingers with richer fruit and spice.

Overall: Cab-like structure, Merlot and Syrah flavours. I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away. Definitely improves upon decanting. I can see it aging well.

86/100

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT