+ Add a Comment

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:I second the motion. On Cruel & Inhumane grounds. Shun him .....

I third, fouth, and FIFTH it!! DEATH TO THE ZINFIDEL!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:PAM:

Seriously, totally worth it 1000%. You're my favorite.

bastich.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:bastich.

Do you know where the term bastich originates, if you do I am getting divorced and shall begin my wooing with wine and properly smoked foods

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Do you know where the term bastich originates, if you do I am getting divorced and shall begin my wooing with wine and properly smoked foods

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

barrymccochener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrymccochener
bhodilee wrote:Do you know where the term bastich originates, if you do I am getting divorced and shall begin my wooing with wine and properly smoked foods

DC comics Lobo. I want some wine and smoked food!!!

bhodilee

barrymccochener wrote:DC comics Lobo. I want some wine and smoked food!!!

yes, but your name is barry and unless your parents really hated you I dont' think I'd be interested.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

barrymccochener

bhodilee wrote:yes, but your name is barry and unless your parents really hated you I dont' think I'd be interested.

Well, my parents hate non-withstanding, my actual name is Adam, and you wouldn't be interested. However, I'm still interested in some smoked food and morels. I'll have to settle for my own w.w wine.

bhodilee

barrymccochener wrote:Well, my parents hate non-withstanding, my actual name is Adam, and you wouldn't be interested. However, I'm still interested in some smoked food and morels. I'll have to settle for my own w.w wine.

I'd rather give up wine than morels. What part of the country do you live?

thepatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepatch
HitAnyKey42 wrote:1. I am fun to be around.
2. I have a corny eHarmony profile.
3. I hope it works for me one of these days.

I have found that having Tiramisu on hand works quite well as well...well, it did back in the wooing days.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
Winedavid39 wrote:nope, next launch Monday. (for real, this is not a clue (nor was this a clue))

Now, a clever man would put the clue into his own comment, because he would know that only a great fool would take what he was given as fact. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to believe your statements verbatim. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I must look elsewhere for clues...

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
andyduncan wrote:Now, a clever man would put the clue into his own comment, because he would know that only a great fool would take what he was given as fact. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to believe your statements verbatim. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I must look elsewhere for clues...

Sound logic my dear Watson.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
andyduncan wrote:Now, a clever man would put the clue into his own comment, because he would know that only a great fool would take what he was given as fact. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to believe your statements verbatim. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I must look elsewhere for clues...

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
kylemittskus wrote:Sound logic my dear Watson.

err, no: that would be Vizzini. a Zinfidel AND you don't know your PB?!? oh the horror!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:You are dead to us.

unless, of course, you share.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

kylemittskus

Can I have a consensus please. Is there going to be a second offering tonight or no? I will have my report up before the possible new offering but I want to know if I should get dinner at 5 or 6 or 7.

AndDale2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndDale2
coynedj wrote:Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Just wait til I get started!

coynedj

AndDale2 wrote:Just wait til I get started!

You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

AndDale2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndDale2
coynedj wrote:You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

You've given everything away already! (or words to that effect...been awhile since I've watched it). You've defeated my Spaniard...etc., etc., etc.

Oh, wait, that's now The King and I ;)

coynedj

AndDale2 wrote:You've given everything away already! (or words to that effect...been awhile since I've watched it). You've defeated my Spaniard...etc., etc., etc.

Oh, wait, that's now The King and I ;)

Went to a garage sale a few weeks ago. They had a pile of DVDs for $1.00 each. Most of them were junk, but then I saw The Princess Bride - Dread Pirate Edition.

Not buying it would have been......inconceivable!

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

kylemittskus wrote:Can I have a consensus please. Is there going to be a second offering tonight or no? I will have my report up before the possible new offering but I want to know if I should get dinner at 5 or 6 or 7.

I have no idea. No reason *not* to get it up as early as possible though.

(no, that's not a hint; I really have no clue what's up next or when it's coming)

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

barrymccochener

kylemittskus wrote:Can I have a consensus please. Is there going to be a second offering tonight or no? I will have my report up before the possible new offering but I want to know if I should get dinner at 5 or 6 or 7.

I'm thoroughly convinced that WD means what he said. Mainly, that there will not be a new offering tonight. He's made it clear that the Zin will be up, and I don't feel that your PS gift has anything to do with anything. I think you should do whatever works best for you.

coynedj

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I third, fouth, and FIFTH it!! DEATH TO THE ZINFIDEL!!

Now, now. We shouldn't get all worked up about someone else's good fortune. It is not the zen way.
Oh, what the heck. I'll bring the rope.

kylemittskus

barrymccochener wrote:I'm thoroughly convinced that WD means what he said. Mainly, that there will not be a new offering tonight. He's made it clear that the Zin will be up, and I don't feel that your PS gift has anything to do with anything. I think you should do whatever works best for you.

That's kind of what I'm thinking.

cheron98

thepatch wrote:I have found that having Tiramisu on hand works quite well as well...well, it did back in the wooing days.

i LOVE tiramisu!

kylemittskus

Labrat kylemittskus checking in with the 2005 Chase Zinfandel.

Please remember that I am an inchoate enjoyer of the wine. I will do my best to do the labrat legend well but ask questions if I am not specific enough or leave something out.

Decanting begins at 5:15 PST.

First sniffy sniff sans any decanting: very sweet, no spice, a bit of the alcohol heat in the background. It’s a softer smell, some cherry, like ripe cherry.

First taste, sans any decanting: a mouth full of flavor. Not fruit bomby at all. Cherries, maybe a bit of plum. Not jammy. A pleasant alcohol burn on the back end. Not like, wow, but like, a nice balance after the sweet taste. I say sweet as in supple, not as in like, sugar-sweet. I am going to like this wine very very much.

Going to pick up dinner. More to come. Stay tuned folks.

kylemittskus

Labrat posting two:

Dinner was gnocchi with marinara sauce, a side salad with creamy italian dressing, and some bread.

I was weary to try the wine with food because it was so good on its own. I tend to prefer the subtle flavors of the wine instead of the robust ones that food brings out. The food brought out some white pepper and some other complex spices that my palate is not trained enough to pull out. Also maybe some other darker fruit flavors. Plum maybe. I don't think of this wine as dinner wine, but rather, desert or cheese wine. I can easily see how some nice blue cheese would pair well with this wine.

I also thought of an odd adjective for it: it's creamy. It is also smooth but it has a velvety feel to it too.

I'm going to let my mouth settle from the spicy marinara.

Last part coming in a while.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
kylemittskus wrote:Labrat posting two:

Dinner was gnocchi with marinara sauce, a side salad with creamy italian dressing, and some bread.

I was weary to try the wine with food because it was so good on its own. I tend to prefer the subtle flavors of the wine instead of the robust ones that food brings out. The food brought out some white pepper and some other complex spices that my palate is not trained enough to pull out. Also maybe some other darker fruit flavors. Plum maybe. I don't think of this wine as dinner wine, but rather, desert or cheese wine. I can easily see how some nice blue cheese would pair well with this wine.

I also thought of an odd adjective for it: it's creamy. It is also smooth but it has a velvety feel to it too.

I'm going to let my mouth settle from the spicy marinara.

Last part coming in a while.

Keep it up, kyle. You're labratting very well.

kylemittskus

Part three:

Same creamy nose. Alcohol burn isn't there anymore. A bit of spice on the nose. The flavor has changed. It has more depth. Still not a fruit forward Zin which is nice. A bit of orange peel on the back end with a little citric acid flavor. Still some white pepper. Medium length finish.

Oh! I just got a bit of chocolate on the mid palate. That was very nice. And it's still there. This is a complex wine. I wish I had picked up some cheese.

I am going to say this wine is a solid 90. I would recommend decanting for longer than an hour because now, the subtle flavors like the chocolate are appearing. Man, that chocolate is nice.

Sorry! I never commented on color. Very deep, almost brown. It is still diaphanous but not translucently so. And that chocolate is hanging around.

I do not regret my order whatsoever and I am very excited to let this wine sit for a year and see how it changes.

Thank you wine.woot, Wine David, and Chase Wineries for allowing me this pleasure. This is one hell of a Zinfandel.

Cheers!

Edit: Sorry. Forgot one last thing. This wine has nice leg. Individual, slow rolling legs. I am liking it. And that chocolate, I don't mean to make it sound like that's the dominant flavor because it's not, but I am just really enjoying it. It tastes like older chocolate like Gary said. It's not sweet, not dark, but kind of dusty. My favorite characteristic of this wine.

Ok. I think I'm done now.

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:Ok. I think I'm done now.

Packed.

kylemittskus

This place is ghost town.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
borisgoodenough wrote:Just north of Ann Arbor...

I'm in Ann Arbor!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

Haven't bought anything since the Corison ones, which I very much enjoyed.. this is looking like another one I'll have to buy 1, if not 2, for! Thanks labrats!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
kylemittskus wrote:This place is ghost town.

Oh, you know what you did.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well done PSquishy (aka Kylemittskus)! Excellent Job!

Really glad I emailed Woot to up my order!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

andyduncan wrote:Oh, you know what you did.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well done PSquishy (aka Kylemittskus)! Excellent Job!

Really glad I emailed Woot to up my order!

Thank you sir.

alien88 wrote:Haven't bought anything since the Corison ones, which I very much enjoyed.. this is looking like another one I'll have to buy 1, if not 2, for! Thanks labrats!

And you are welcome.

kylemittskus

No new offering. Wine David was telling the truth about telling the truth.

Buy some Zin now people. It's damn tasty.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
HitAnyKey42 wrote:1. I am fun to be around.
2. I have a corny eHarmony profile.
3. I hope it works for me one of these days.

Heeeeeee!

wine.woot >>>> eharmony

Not that I've used eharmony - friends say good things, though, to be honest. I've tried jdate (you'd think it'd be great in NYC but not so much) and nerve (so many really old men (20-30 years older) on here contact me, for some reason?).

I think #1 is your best bet. Well, that and a lot of wine. Using wine to ply potential dates is always a fine strategy.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

borisgoodenough

quality posts: 4 Private Messages borisgoodenough
alien88 wrote:I'm in Ann Arbor!

That does it. We need to encourage some area wine.woot get-togethers. I'm definitely going to try to make it on the 26th.

After all, buying wine from woot may be the most significant economic activity left in Michigan these days.

boaz38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

no new offering today? anyone,anyone.......bueller?