+ Add a Comment

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
barrymccochener wrote:It was so confusing you got it. Good work.

My second interpretation of it was that you wanted no second offering ever. Glad I went with the other one first.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
barrymccochener wrote:It was so confusing you got it. Good work.

You can always wait until Thursdays to make your purchase, and if there's a new offering, you missed it, otherwise go ahead and order multiples

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

hardground

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hardground

First sucker: hld1970
Speed to first woot: 0m 30.267s

Last wooter to woot: hardground

I deserve this. In for 3. Though, I like having low expectations. Oh well.

Why is there so much wine left at the end of my money?

kylemittskus

HELP WINE DAVID! HELP WINE DAVID! HELP WINE DAVID!

If you are here, I did not receive my labrat package (I know it's coming due to an email saying you forgot the golden ticket). FedEx said no shipments were on their way to the address. Is there a tracking number or can you check up on it? Please tell me what to do!

Thanks.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
barrymccochener wrote:Until Wednesday=Thru Wednesday= Thursday... so we're in agreement. I would like to hear confirmation from WD, and I would also like it if the woot people would not surprise us with second offerings as it's unfair to our wallets and will end up with me purchasing less wine in the long term as I won't purchase as much of the first offering and might not do the second or there might not be a second.

Unless WD is keeping up with sales and current quantity, and is anticipating a sell-out?? Still nothing changed on the front page.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

winerymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winerymom
kylemittskus wrote:HELP WINE DAVID! HELP WINE DAVID! HELP WINE DAVID!

If you are here, I did not receive my labrat package (I know it's coming due to an email saying you forgot the golden ticket). FedEx said no shipments were on their way to the address. Is there a tracking number or can you check up on it? Please tell me what to do!

Thanks.

I can help. This one had to come from us at the winery for various reasons and went out UPS. Not WD's faut for the delay! Not to worry... I just talked to them and Its out for delivery. You should have it within the next 2 hours. Not sure why its so late but will try Fed Ex next time.

kylemittskus

winerymom wrote:I can help. This one had to come from us at the winery for various reasons and went out UPS. Not WD's faut for the delay! Not to worry... I just talked to them and Its out for delivery. You should have it within the next 2 hours. Not sure why its so late but will try Fed Ex next time.

Ah thank God. Ok. I will continue to bother the receptionist at work and when it arrives, I will drive 100 mph while talking on my cell phone just to make them po-lice angry.

Thank you so much my dear winemother.

Edit: My report may be delayed, although hopefully not, until tomorrow. The UPS guy already came so they may just hold on to it until tomorrow. Hopefully hopefully not and I will continue to call my work to see if they return to deliver it.

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
winerymom wrote:I can help. This one had to come from us at the winery for various reasons and went out UPS. Not WD's faut for the delay! Not to worry... I just talked to them and Its out for delivery. You should have it within the next 2 hours. Not sure why its so late but will try Fed Ex next time.

Okay. Change of plans. I'm going to grill a steak tonight for the 2004. I've got a couple that need eating, and my last appointment took longer than expected...so tis steaks, tasty steaks tonight.

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

kylemittskus

paryb wrote:Okay. Change of plans. I'm going to grill a steak tonight for the 2004. I've got a couple that need eating, and my last appointment took longer than expected...so tis steaks, tasty steaks tonight.

At least you're getting your wine. So much can not be said for me. Damn UPS! Not your fault WineryMom! UPS's fault. Damn UPS.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
Heelacious wrote:Hey folks:

http://tv.winelibrary.com/

Terrific video, Wine David... great job!! GV finally let you get some words in, but it was tough at first.... the guy just loves to talk.

Looking forward to the Wannabe. Love those sangio blends, this sounds like another Kunde effort?

I was going to pop one of my Wellington Zins to help with my Chase decision, but after seeing how different it evidently is from the Chase, I changed my mind.

Looks like the labrats will have to be blown away to get me to go for more than one Chase Two Pack. I already have a lot of quality zin.

paryb

Yup. That's an erlenmeyer flask, that's how I roll.

cheron98

paryb wrote:Yup. That's an erlenmeyer flask, that's how I roll.

I love it!

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
paryb wrote:

P-I-M-P!!!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
paryb wrote:

"Let's all go have some sponge cake and a little wine... . "

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

kylemittskus

Sorry anxious wooters. UPS did not deliver the package today. I will get it tomorrow (hopefully) and my report will be posted tomorrow night. If there is a new offering, I will have my report posted at least two hours prior to the end of the offer. I promise. (That is of course, if UPS doesn't screw up again.)
My green eyes now focus upon the other three labrats.

cameo932

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameo932

The 2005....

grilled some GREAT sirloin burgers, some oven fries (tossed some large wedges in sea salt, pepper, parsley and onion), and rounded out the food portion with a tomato & mozzarella salad...

started decanting at 6:00 -- I of course had to have a little sip....found it to be easy to drink, but it immediately fills the mouth with spice...not pepper and not all unpleasant, but spicy right away...also it is strong and goes into the nose quickly too, but it's missing that all-too-familiar rubbing alcohol fragrance of the lesser zins that I remember from college....nice....

ate at 6:45...wine was still spicy, but not as big right away...almost an afterthought that jumps up and grabs you - my hubby - the diet coke drinker who wanted to try anyway said " wow - this is smooth"...so that tells you how nice it is...there also seemed to be a hint of fruit in it too....not sweet and fruity, just something in the initial taste before the zest comes on to get ya.....it really paired well with the beef and heartier/heavier flavors...

my one word summation: SMOOTH

think it would have been even better tomorrow - but alas, I'll never know with this bottle as it's now all gone....

hope this helps those who are straddling the fence - I'm in for 2 already -- and I'm thinking of gifting...thanks for the opportunity...and I hope my very non-wine-thoughts help explain this one well enough to do it justice...it was delish!

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

WD!!!!!! My two worlds have just come together. I watched you on WLTV today and now because of that I am ordering right now! Thank you for the ZIN!!!

Alaska1
Aka Chris

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
paryb wrote:

You just pwned every labrat before you. That's awesome. Can't wait for your "scientific" report.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cheron98

cameo932 wrote:The 2005....

packed!

paryb

Wow! wine.woot has been down for me for about an hour....

Anyway, we left the bottle to decant for about 45 minutes: before our first taste (lady paryb and I)

Nose: spicy, especially nutmeg, but more subdued and a little sweet...just like eggnog. I'm serious there is eggnog in here, LadyParyb picked that one out, and she nailed it.

Taste is fruity, all the components of a fruit bomb, but light, a little citrus even shows up to the party, specifically orange peel. Toward the end, the cranberries take over and linger....they really have to. (sorry I couldn't resist)

Finish lingers on fruit for a bit, then the nutmeg shows right back up for a quick encore.

The color is a little lighter than what I expect out of a zin, but the taste profile is spot on. So far.

kylemittskus

paryb wrote:Wow! wine.woot has been down for me for about an hour....

Anyway, we left the bottle to decant for about 45 minutes: before our first taste (lady paryb and I)

Nose: spicy, especially nutmeg, but more subdued and a little sweet...just like eggnog. I'm serious there is eggnog in here, LadyParyb picked that one out, and she nailed it.

Taste is fruity, all the components of a fruit bomb, but light, a little citrus even shows up to the party, specifically orange peel. Toward the end, the cranberries take over and linger....they really have to. (sorry I couldn't resist)

Finish lingers on fruit for a bit, then the nutmeg shows right back up for a quick encore.

The color is a little lighter than what I expect out of a zin, but the taste profile is spot on. So far.

Sounds like more report to come? You have the 2004?

paryb

well since round 2 has already happened, due to the down time for the site for me...here it is:

2.5 hours from opening, this wine has opened up a lot....maybe too much. We had steaks and a baby green salad, with feta, and a greek dressing. The nose is fruitier than before. lots of candy flavors, and sweet cherry. the wood showed up for a bit too. There is a bitterness that suprises me on the finish though. That's new. The nutmeg is gone, but a roll of red lifesavers has taken it's place.
I miss the eggnog.

Well, as I type, I just had the last sip of the bottle...and the nutmeg showed up once again...sang a duet with the cherries. Man, I am glad I have 3 of these puppies headed my way.

Strong work, Jeff and Pam, Strong work.

paryb

kylemittskus wrote:Sounds like more report to come? You have the 2004?

yes I have the 2004 sorry!!

kylemittskus

paryb wrote:yes I have the 2004 sorry!!

I am excited for my shipment now. Mmm.

paryb

I forgot to mention, the steak paring, wasn't really on point. I enjoyed this guy much better by himself. some fruit, cheese, honey and bread would be spot on though.

sweetypuss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetypuss

SOLD!

Chase Family Cellars - Two Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: sweetypuss

In for 3. However, my order is taking a reeeeeaaaally long time to process. Kinda unusual, normally only does that to me during a Woot-Off. Will check back later. I will so cry if I miss out...that happened on the Ty Caton week - I slept thru the deadline. That'll teach me to drag my feet.

kylemittskus

sweetypuss wrote:SOLD!

Chase Family Cellars - Two Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: sweetypuss

In for 3. However, my order is taking a reeeeeaaaally long time to process. Kinda unusual, normally only does that to me during a Woot-Off. Will check back later. I will so cry if I miss out...that happened on the Ty Caton week - I slept thru the deadline. That'll teach me to drag my feet.

The servers have been lagging really bad so probably nothing to worry about.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

paryb, I love you!

/chemist-biologist

HitsAnyKey - let's do it! Do you like game? I LOVE game (anything wild, the wilder the better, and the winery folks were suggesting such pairings) - I say we do a vertical tasting/drinkathon with some tasty wild meat. And veggies. And ummmm...some pie. Because summer is for pie and I live 3 blocks from Union Sq. farmer's market and buy WAY too much fruit.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
fairnymph wrote:paryb, I love you!

/chemist-biologist

HitsAnyKey - let's do it! Do you like game? I LOVE game (anything wild, the wilder the better, and the winery folks were suggesting such pairings) - I say we do a vertical tasting/drinkathon with some tasty wild meat. And veggies. And ummmm...some pie. Because summer is for pie and I live 3 blocks from Union Sq. farmer's market and buy WAY too much fruit.

You soft scientists need love too.

<3,
Physics & EE

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

rachel1782

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1782

WD...you are so awesome!!! Now how do I get my hand on a screaming monkey?

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
kylemittskus wrote:At least you're getting your wine. So much can not be said for me. Damn UPS! Not your fault WineryMom! UPS's fault. Damn UPS.

What in God's name do /i have to do to be a Labrat? I must say, this is very disappointing. Look at my purchase history, etc. WD- I think I am entitled to an explanation.

cheron98

paryb, you've been packed. And I gotta say, I'm a little apprehensive with your description of nutmeg in there. Can you expand on it - is it like REALLY obvious, or is it kind of subtle hints of it? I hate nutmeg.

I violated a main rule about tasting at a winery when the vintner pulled out this cult wine that was REALLY strong nutmeg. Like, hold the glass a foot from your nose and all you smell is nutmeg. I made a face and started going 'oh geez i'm gonna hate this' then tried it anyway. To which another face was made, shook my head, and had to go 'sorry, i hate this'. Explained it was simply the nutmeg and not necessarily the wine itself though. I felt bad about having that kind of uncontrolled reaction to it, but I just really hate nutmeg!

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
cheron98 wrote:I violated a main rule about tasting at a winery when the vintner pulled out this cult wine that was REALLY strong nutmeg. Like, hold the glass a foot from your nose and all you smell is nutmeg. I made a face and started going 'oh geez i'm gonna hate this' then tried it anyway. To which another face was made, shook my head, and had to go 'sorry, i hate this'. Explained it was simply the nutmeg and not necessarily the wine itself though. I felt bad about having that kind of uncontrolled reaction to it, but I just really hate nutmeg!

Uh, you should read the rpm comment in the rpm tour thread about NOT doing that at a winery.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cheron98

Cesare wrote:Uh, you should read the rpm comment in the rpm tour thread about NOT doing that at a winery.

Yeah I know, I read it tonight. Thus stating "I violated a rule" The guy didn't take offense. He didn't actually MAKE this particular one, I think he just provided the grapes.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it was like 10 wines into the tasting, too. He just kept busting them out...

sweetypuss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetypuss
kylemittskus wrote:The servers have been lagging really bad so probably nothing to worry about.

Just wondering...exactly how long should I wait for my order to show up on my account before I contact the powers that be that there may be a problem? I ask primarily because, well, I sometimes just get all the luck. And I really don't want to miss out on this.

cheron98

sweetypuss wrote:Just wondering...exactly how long should I wait for my order to show up on my account before I contact the powers that be that there may be a problem? I ask primarily because, well, I sometimes just get all the luck. And I really don't want to miss out on this.

You've got a whole day yet, new offering doesn't come til Thursday. So if you don't see it in your account in the morning, then you should email them.

purger00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purger00

wow. i might actually start to drink wine because of those beautiful-looking bottles.

paryb

cheron98 wrote:paryb, you've been packed. And I gotta say, I'm a little apprehensive with your description of nutmeg in there. Can you expand on it - is it like REALLY obvious, or is it kind of subtle hints of it? I hate nutmeg.

I violated a main rule about tasting at a winery when the vintner pulled out this cult wine that was REALLY strong nutmeg. Like, hold the glass a foot from your nose and all you smell is nutmeg. I made a face and started going 'oh geez i'm gonna hate this' then tried it anyway. To which another face was made, shook my head, and had to go 'sorry, i hate this'. Explained it was simply the nutmeg and not necessarily the wine itself though. I felt bad about having that kind of uncontrolled reaction to it, but I just really hate nutmeg!

Let me explain finding the nutmeg. LadyParyb and I were talking about our first sip, and I said it's something...some spice...what the heck is that...it's not clove, is it cinnamon?? Nooo no, not cinnamon, ooh I got it, it's NUTMEG I went and grabbed the nutmeg, and smelled it, and smelled the wine again, and could really see it. But Ladyparyb really nailed it, when she said, it's not bitter though, and not strong, it's got a sweet component to the smell, it's more like eggnog. That's where I was in the flavor profile, as I stated before, that particular smell goes away for a bit. really softens up. After a couple hours of decanting a bitter bite developed in the back end. Nothing overwhelming, but really different than the initial taste.

So to answer your question, it's there, but you have to be looking.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

WD,

You mentioned on GV's show that there would be something new on Thursday. Any hints?? Anticipating a sellout? Slip of the tongue? No changes on the main page yet.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

borisgoodenough

quality posts: 4 Private Messages borisgoodenough

LABRAT REPORT: 2004 Chase Zinfandel, Hayne Vineyard

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: A very pretty wine that's not what we expected. Surprisingly elegant, well-rounded and food-friendly, with white chocolate, raspberry and exotic spices. Good value at the going price. All four of us who tasted scored it between 90 and 92.

Full notes, with digressions, to follow.

Joel