CTmasterblender


quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
clayfu wrote:i think there is a difference between bad wine... and wine you don't like.



This is a great statement!

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
CTmasterblender wrote:This is a great statement!


... and I'm guessing that the next offering will be from C&T. You heard it here first :-p

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

yessrinc


quality posts: 4 Private Messages yessrinc

Labratting from my cellar, rather than WW. I got six of the Claret from Wine Spies, and their review is pretty well on the mark. After 45 minutes in one of Winedavid's decanters (hey, why not sell a funnel that aerates and a screen?), the nose is present but not forward. Cherries evolve into less specific dark fruit with a hint of spice. It is a basically dry wine once the tannins appear, but there are delicious plummy flavors with a smooth, medium bodied mouthfeel once in the mouth. There's about a 30 second finish that starts with the plum/blackberry flavors and very gradually subsides. The tannins are dry, but pretty well integrated. The alcohol is so well balanced that it's barely noticeable. I need to disclose that I'm a big claret fan, and enjoy the tannins, but others could be more sensitive. Mrs. Y gave it a B+, which i think is a fair grade, and would translate to an 89 for me.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Loweeel wrote:... and I'm guessing that the next offering will be from C&T. You heard it here first :-p



Perhaps their Skinny Dip Sauvignon Blanc and/or 2005 Merlot?

C & T Cellars


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CTmasterblender


quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
UBlink wrote:I always thought that pricing was pretty much based on what the market will bear - most of us would price our products higher if we thought there was a market at the higher price. My theory is that at that $15-25 price point there's an inherent tradeoff between costs that go in the bottle vs costs incurred to somehow differentiate your product from all the other ones out there (marketing, broadly defined). Thus, for a consumer this price point can be "scary".

In comparing wineries with your philosophy vs. those who have the same costs in the bottle but price their product higher, I would be surprised if the high priced group (as a group) has any more financial success.



There are so many factors that go into producing a bottle of wine. I produce bottles of wine from $14 to $85 a bottle retail. If you’re in the bulk juice market, you can cut out a lot of costs and can provide wines at a better price. If you had to produce the wines from start to finish you have a lot more costs. Here is a Napa Valley breakdown: custom crush fees (if you don’t own you own winery, which also carries a little cost to it) $35 - $50 (goes as high as $150) a case, 50% new oak (American $10, French $20), Fruit - Napa Average Cabernet $69 a case (2007 Napa Valley average was $4,300 a ton), packaging $15 a case (very basic), bottling $4-$6 a case, winemaker if you need one $20 (low to mid range) a case. This doesn't count the costs of money being tide up for 2 years, traveling, marketing, samples (for trade and personal consumption once you figured out what you just got yourself into...), health insurance, life insurance....(all this can add up to20% to 30% of sales) say $40 a case (20%). This is working at par. Here is the tough part, most people look at these costs and look at it from a retail perspective and we all wish we could sell everything at retail! But, in the real world, most of the wine is being sold at FOB to our out of state markets, which is 50% of retail. Put these costs together and you have roughly $204 in per case or $17 per bottle which translates into a $34 retail, $204 FOB. You still haven't factored in making a profit on all your work and travels. I’m not trying to be a syndic, but I like people to understand what goes into a bottle of wine. On the bulk side, you buy juice, blend and may need to do a little winemaking, bottle it and start selling – fun and straight forward.
This obviously all depends on quantity of scale, but it's pretty accurate for the small producer of 7,000 case and under.


CTmasterblender


quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
MarkDaSpark wrote:Perhaps their Skinny Dip Sauvignon Blanc and/or 2005 Merlot?

C & T Cellars



A guy just can't be interested in what's going on with the woot board...? I really enjoy reading the chat board from time to time, but have never really chimed in - I guess that is over with the above post!! "Life is Good"

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
SonomaBouliste wrote:As I have mentioned before, there are a lot of $30 plus wines out there that I wouldn't spend $10 for. I tried a $60 Napa Cab last week that was basically undrinkable; three of us left the bottle 3/4s full. It was huge, almost syrupy sweet from all the oak, micro-ox and alcohol. Even though the fruit came from great vineyard areas it was hard to tell what variety, much less any regional character. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of awesome Napa Cabs too, but pedigree and high price do not automatically mean great wine.



That's so discouraging to hear. I know it happens, but it's difficult to understand why winemakers abuse good, if not great fruit that way.

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
CTmasterblender wrote:There are so many factors that go into producing a bottle of wine. I produce bottles of wine from $14 to $85 a bottle retail. If you’re in the bulk juice market, you can cut out a lot of costs and can provide wines at a better price. If you had to produce the wines from start to finish you have a lot more costs. Here is a Napa Valley breakdown: custom crush fees (if you don’t own you own winery, which also carries a little cost to it) $35 - $50 (goes as high as $150) a case, 50% new oak (American $10, French $20), Fruit - Napa Average Cabernet $69 a case (2007 Napa Valley average was $4,300 a ton), packaging $15 a case (very basic), bottling $4-$6 a case, winemaker if you need one $20 (low to mid range) a case. This doesn't count the costs of money being tide up for 2 years, traveling, marketing, samples (for trade and personal consumption once you figured out what you just got yourself into...), health insurance, life insurance....(all this can add up to20% to 30% of sales) say $40 a case (20%). This is working at par. Here is the tough part, most people look at these costs and look at it from a retail perspective and we all wish we could sell everything at retail! But, in the real world, most of the wine is being sold at FOB to our out of state markets, which is 50% of retail. Put these costs together and you have roughly $204 in per case or $17 per bottle which translates into a $34 retail, $204 FOB. You still haven't factored in making a profit on all your work and travels. I’m not trying to be a syndic, but I like people to understand what goes into a bottle of wine. On the bulk side, you buy juice, blend and may need to do a little winemaking, bottle it and start selling – fun and straight forward.
This obviously all depends on quantity of scale, but it's pretty accurate for the small producer of 7,000 case and under.



Umm, that's a real eye-opener. Thanks for that.

Which of these numbers includes the storage costs in the barrel and in the bottle?

thrawn1020


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
speedoo wrote:Umm, that's a real eye-opener. Thanks for that.

Which of these numbers includes the storage costs in the barrel and in the bottle?



That is probably merely a space cost. Once things are in the bottle or barrel, as the case may be, it just needs the space to sit in, which would be included in land costs for actual wineries and would be a separate cost for those just buying juice. In this case, the costs are already present for the wineries, but are external for a juice buyer.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

phirsch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phirsch

Labrat Report for the '05 Claret - Thanks WD!!!

Preface: This is my first post (ever) and first Claret experience. I drink mainly dry red wines, and have no experience as a wine hater. My family reunion took place last week and today I have seen off my last houseguest. I did not have the energy to build a meal around the Claret, so I took the wine and a friend to a restaurant for labratting.

The wine was not decanted, but was very nice right out of the bottle (glasses were used). It was on the dry side, but not overly so; well balanced, actually - my dinner companion said, and I quote, "It was just right!" It was good without food.

Then the bacon wrapped dates with balsamic vinegarete greens and plum sauce arrived...........and I have to say, the salty sweetness of the appetizer complimented the wine. The dryness of the wine had softened, but not sure if this was from the food, or breathing.

For an entree I had a lovely ribeye, with grilled asparagus and gruyere mac and cheese. The Claret went very well with the meal.

I am glad I ordered this set (X2) from Donati, and am looking forward to trying the other two wines.

Hope this helps! I love the whole wine.woot experience, but think I will go back to lurking now........



bstrmbn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstrmbn

With apologies to phirsch

Labrat Report for the '05 Claret - Thanks WD!!!
Preface: This is my first post (ever - on wine.woot) . I drink mainly dry red wines, and have no experience as a wine hater. My wife and I celebrated out anniversary tonight. We already had plans to go out for dinner - I contemplated taking the claret to the restaraunt - but I missed the first delivery attempt today - and after being in the FEDEX van all day, the wine was too warm to drink when I got it home.....

Second part of preface: I feel like the WOOT gods have been very good to me over the last few days - got my first Blushing Over Compliments on Friday after trying for 3-1/2 years, and got the golden ticket in wine.woot today.

After getting home from a dinner out tonight, my wife and I took a cruise around the small lake we live on - taking the cooler Claret with us on the boat. The wine was not decanted, but was very nice right out of the bottle (glasses were used). It was on the dry side, but not overly so; well balanced, actually - we thought it was good without food.

I'm not experienced at describing my tasting experience - but here it goes......
I thought that the initial bouquet was pretty hot - could detect the relatively high level of alchohol in the wine - that masked the fruit. Tasted plum and jammy notes, smokiness from the wood. Good mouthfeel - long finish, even a sense of cloves for me. Stained my tongue pretty heavily.

I am glad I ordered this set from Donati, and am looking forward to trying the other two wines.

Hope this helps! I love the whole wine.woot experience, but think I will go back to lurking now........

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
bstrmbn wrote:With apologies to phirsch

Labrat Report for the '05 Claret - Thanks WD!!!
Preface: This is my first post (ever - on wine.woot) . I drink mainly dry red wines, and have no experience as a wine hater. My wife and I celebrated out anniversary tonight. We already had plans to go out for dinner - I contemplated taking the claret to the restaraunt - but I missed the first delivery attempt today - and after being in the FEDEX van all day, the wine was too warm to drink when I got it home.....

Second part of preface: I feel like the WOOT gods have been very good to me over the last few days - got my first Blushing Over Compliments on Friday after trying for 3-1/2 years, and got the golden ticket in wine.woot today.

After getting home from a dinner out tonight, my wife and I took a cruise around the small lake we live on - taking the cooler Claret with us on the boat. The wine was not decanted, but was very nice right out of the bottle (glasses were used). It was on the dry side, but not overly so; well balanced, actually - we thought it was good without food.

I'm not experienced at describing my tasting experience - but here it goes......
I thought that the initial bouquet was pretty hot - could detect the relatively high level of alchohol in the wine - that masked the fruit. Tasted plum and jammy notes, smokiness from the wood. Good mouthfeel - long finish, even a sense of cloves for me. Stained my tongue pretty heavily.

I am glad I ordered this set from Donati, and am looking forward to trying the other two wines.

Hope this helps! I love the whole wine.woot experience, but think I will go back to lurking now........



Not so fast Mr. Bass Trombone! You and I need to chat.

Good report, btw.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
yessrinc wrote:Labratting from my cellar, rather than WW. I got six of the Claret from Wine Spies, and their review is pretty well on the mark. After 45 minutes in one of Winedavid's decanters (hey, why not sell a funnel that aerates and a screen?), the nose is present but not forward. Cherries evolve into less specific dark fruit with a hint of spice. It is a basically dry wine once the tannins appear, but there are delicious plummy flavors with a smooth, medium bodied mouthfeel once in the mouth. There's about a 30 second finish that starts with the plum/blackberry flavors and very gradually subsides. The tannins are dry, but pretty well integrated. The alcohol is so well balanced that it's barely noticeable. I need to disclose that I'm a big claret fan, and enjoy the tannins, but others could be more sensitive. Mrs. Y gave it a B+, which i think is a fair grade, and would translate to an 89 for me.



I'm really glad we're getting more of these "volunteer" labrats (we should call them labrabbits just to differentiate). It really shows how serious people are about this.

Thanks, yessrinc

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

CTmasterblender


quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
speedoo wrote:Umm, that's a real eye-opener. Thanks for that.

Which of these numbers includes the storage costs in the barrel and in the bottle?



The storage of barrel goods is in the custom crush fees, bottled goos are minimal at around $.12 to $.25 a month per case. The killer on that side is the state and Federal tax on alc. State is about $.40 and the Federal is $1.90 a case. Warehouses make their money on in and out charges and a bill of lading fees.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Week of 6/23 -- Donati Red - Three Pack packed here.

1 2004 Sorelle Per Sempre
1 2004 Merlot
1 2005 Claret

This week's pack:
cesare - Sorelle Per Sempre
phirsch - Labrat Report for the '05 Claret
bstrmbn - Labrat Report #2 for the '05 Claret


Volunteer rats:
yessrinc - Claret

Last Oct ('07) Merlot Labrats:
eja11950
Loweeel
Nallie


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

DonaldWilliams


quality posts: 26 Private Messages DonaldWilliams

It's over! FSU wins 19-10. Deciding game tomorrow night.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CTmasterblender wrote:A guy just can't be interested in what's going on with the woot board...? I really enjoy reading the chat board from time to time, but have never really chimed in - I guess that is over with the above post!! "Life is Good"



Yes, but when a winery posts, and there is another offering coming up, we are like sharks in the water. We sense blood ....


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
DonaldWilliams wrote:It's over! FSU wins 19-10. Deciding game tomorrow night.



Wooo Hoooo!

Thanks for the update.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

clayfu


quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
SonomaBouliste wrote:Agreed. When three people who have all been heavily into wine for decades don't like a wine it's probably "bad". I always appreciate your comments. Checking your pm's?



or they have a style they prefer over another one , a style they prefer so much they they are bias against the style that is directly contrasting it.

I had two french winemakers tell me how much california wine is swill. Does that mean california wine is bad? I had a group of prominent california pinot producers hate on other pinots that are picked at a normal period of time opposed to the ultra ripe grape picking so many pinot producers do now.. is that bad?

just preference is all. I could honestly not care how long someone's been in the wine biz, we all have our preferences. One man's trash is another man's gold.

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Okay the labrat reports look good, but I just spent $101 at the state store (outrageous price on the BV Dulcet), so I need to hear from more of you. Though the fact that a fellow bass trombone head likes it is several points in favor.


iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

clayfu


quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
CTmasterblender wrote:There are so many factors that go into producing a bottle of wine. I produce bottles of wine from $14 to $85 a bottle retail. If you’re in the bulk juice market, you can cut out a lot of costs and can provide wines at a better price. If you had to produce the wines from start to finish you have a lot more costs. Here is a Napa Valley breakdown: custom crush fees (if you don’t own you own winery, which also carries a little cost to it) $35 - $50 (goes as high as $150) a case, 50% new oak (American $10, French $20), Fruit - Napa Average Cabernet $69 a case (2007 Napa Valley average was $4,300 a ton), packaging $15 a case (very basic), bottling $4-$6 a case, winemaker if you need one $20 (low to mid range) a case. This doesn't count the costs of money being tide up for 2 years, traveling, marketing, samples (for trade and personal consumption once you figured out what you just got yourself into...), health insurance, life insurance....(all this can add up to20% to 30% of sales) say $40 a case (20%). This is working at par. Here is the tough part, most people look at these costs and look at it from a retail perspective and we all wish we could sell everything at retail! But, in the real world, most of the wine is being sold at FOB to our out of state markets, which is 50% of retail. Put these costs together and you have roughly $204 in per case or $17 per bottle which translates into a $34 retail, $204 FOB. You still haven't factored in making a profit on all your work and travels. I’m not trying to be a syndic, but I like people to understand what goes into a bottle of wine. On the bulk side, you buy juice, blend and may need to do a little winemaking, bottle it and start selling – fun and straight forward.
This obviously all depends on quantity of scale, but it's pretty accurate for the small producer of 7,000 case and under.



thank you for posting this.

Cesare


quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

2004 Sorelle Per Sempre report



Questo vino è buonissimo! Seriously, this is really good wine.
Krista made some Trader Joe's Spicy Italian Vino & Formaggio Chicken Sausage on the grill, Pasta with light meat sauce, and sautéed kale from my mom's garden.
Decanted the SPS for a short time, saved half the bottle in a 375ml for tomorrow. The color is beautiful, deep dark red.
On the nose we got alcohol, berries and dark fruit, some cocoa and earthiness mixed in. Krista said chocolate covered strawberries but I wasn't getting the same thing. We didn't get any oak.
On the palate: Entry is kind of thin, mildly acidic but not tannic. Mid palate is soft and balanced but not getting much else on it. Finish is excellent. Medium to long, spicy, some fruit, nice light tannins which are well integrated. The finish also finally shows some of the alcohol but without the heat.
This wine is right between old world and new world - which I think is wonderful. It smells almost like an alcoholic fruit bomb but it's not, the taste does have some dark berry fruit and alcohol but it also has a nice rustic component, earthy and spicy, and - no oak. They really did a good job on this blend, balanced and smooth, good structure, no component stronger than another.
As it sat in the decanter and glass it mellowed out a bit and got even better, especially in the mid palate which filled in a bit. This is a good food wine and now that I think about it I would like to try it with cheese next time. I thought this was the best of both worlds and it's really kind of fascinating how these varietals come together here. Kind of like a ready-to-drink-now new world Bordeaux. This wine is why I drink wine!
Grazie per l'opportunità Vinodavide!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare


quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare
iByron wrote:Okay the labrat reports look good, but I just spent $101 at the state store (outrageous price on the BV Dulcet), so I need to hear from more of you. Though the fact that a fellow bass trombone head likes it is several points in favor.


You need to buy this. Look at that beautiful picture!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Winedavid39


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

DonaldWilliams wrote:It's over! FSU wins 19-10. Deciding game tomorrow night.



Yea Baby !!

Tickets secured. Heading to Omaha for game 3 ! Know of a good hotel??

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Winedavid39 wrote:Yea Baby !!

Tickets secured. Heading to Omaha for game 3 ! Know of a good hotel??



Chateau Bhodilee?

CT | | | | | |

Winedavid39


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Cesare wrote:2004 Sorelle Per Sempre report



Questo vino è buonissimo! Seriously, this is really good wine.
Krista made some Trader Joe's Spicy Italian Vino & Formaggio Chicken Sausage on the grill, Pasta with light meat sauce, and sautéed kale from my mom's garden.
Decanted the SPS for a short time, saved half the bottle in a 375ml for tomorrow. The color is beautiful, deep dark red.
On the nose we got alcohol, berries and dark fruit, some cocoa and earthiness mixed in. Krista said chocolate covered strawberries but I wasn't getting the same thing. We didn't get any oak.
On the palate: Entry is kind of thin, mildly acidic but not tannic. Mid palate is soft and balanced but not getting much else on it. Finish is excellent. Medium to long, spicy, some fruit, nice light tannins which are well integrated. The finish also finally shows some of the alcohol but without the heat.
This wine is right between old world and new world - which I think is wonderful. It smells almost like an alcoholic fruit bomb but it's not, the taste does have some dark berry fruit and alcohol but it also has a nice rustic component, earthy and spicy, and - no oak. They really did a good job on this blend, balanced and smooth, good structure, no component stronger than another.
As it sat in the decanter and glass it mellowed out a bit and got even better, especially in the mid palate which filled in a bit. This is a good food wine and now that I think about it I would like to try it with cheese next time. I thought this was the best of both worlds and it's really kind of fascinating how these varietals come together here. Kind of like a ready-to-drink-now new world Bordeaux. This wine is why I drink wine!
Grazie per l'opportunità Vinodavide!



Nice decanter !

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
jwhite6114 wrote:Chateau Bhodilee?


Agreed. For the price of wine (less than the hotel room), you can meet the man and contribute to his lack of morels! (pun intended). Plus, we really need you to take pictures. After mill, bhodi is the forum legend. People have at least seen Queen Nallie and lived to tell the tale. And you know you'll have access to give us clues... and the man likes his steak.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Winedavid39


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Loweeel wrote:Agreed. For the price of wine (less than the hotel room), you can meet the man and contribute to his lack of morels! (pun intended). Plus, we really need you to take pictures. After mill, bhodi is the forum legend. People have at least seen Queen Nallie and lived to tell the tale. And you know you'll have access to give us clues... and the man likes his steak.



all very good points indeed..

Cesare


quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare
Winedavid39 wrote:all very good points indeed..



Bring him some woot wine to celebrate with! And a decanter...
Or maybe some Mumm?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CTmasterblender


quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but when a winery posts, and there is another offering coming up, we are like sharks in the water. We sense blood ....



Well I hate to disappoint, but I’m posting just because I think its fun and I like the no BS that you find on this board. Good FRESNO!!.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Love the rattage, folks, especially Cesare! I am anxious to try this old/new blend thing.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CTmasterblender wrote:Well I hate to disappoint, but I’m posting just because I think its fun and I like the no BS that you find on this board. Good FRESNO!!.



We love it when you hang around after your offerings. Drop into the Cyber-Pub (over on the World of Woot Wine) too sometime. Always welcome!

Just sometimes we jump the gun .... WD will sometimes drop hints as to what's coming up, which always excites us wineaux!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

NatalieW


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NatalieW

Hate it when my order is just cancelled. No OOOPS or anything...And here I was, all excited to have MA on the non-nanny state list this week.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

NatalieW wrote:Hate it when my order is just cancelled. No OOOPS or anything...And here I was, all excited to have MA on the non-nanny state list this week.



sorry.

boaz38


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

im on the fence about this pick, mainly cause i do not know what kind of grape
Sorelle Per Sempre is, someone enlighten me, please? thank you

hardground


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hardground
boaz38 wrote:im on the fence about this pick, mainly cause i do not know what kind of grape
Sorelle Per Sempre is, someone enlighten me, please? thank you


It's not a grape varietal, it's what Donati is calling their blend:
68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 3% Malbec, 3% Syrah

Why is there so much wine left at the end of my money?

boaz38


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38
hardground wrote:It's not a grape varietal, it's what Donati is calling their blend:
68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 3% Malbec, 3% Syrah



thank you very much

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

And the lord WD spoke, "Let thine car be pimped"...and it was so.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
yessrinc wrote:(hey, why not sell a funnel that aerates and a screen



I need to buy one of these as well *obvious hint WD*

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Winedavid39 wrote:Yea Baby !!

Tickets secured. Heading to Omaha for game 3 ! Know of a good hotel??



There's a Hilton downtown next to the Qwest Center which will probably have a shuttle. YOU MUST EAT AT ZESTO'S. There's a reason they keep talking about it during the college world series. I'd also recommend Johnny's Cafe after the game, it's a straight shot up L street and is about as Omaha Steakhouse as they come.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)