Bottom 30% of Woot.com Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Woot.com Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

Quality posts:

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let's see !

New Rolling Stone Magazine Cover to Cover - The First 40 Years Digital Archive, for $39.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Rolling Stone Magazine Cover to Cover - The First 40 Years

What do you want to do ?

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

4.5 stars via amazon reviews... Buy this and you've automatically made your house 10K times cooler, at least.
http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stone-Cover-First-Years/dp/0979526108/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214197226&sr=8-2

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

ronsuave87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronsuave87

I love rolling stones!

sarringhaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarringhaus

$72 on Amazon, good woot

turf12

quality posts: 6 Private Messages turf12

i would rather buy a coffee table book about coffee tables.

kcostell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kcostell

So if I understand correctly, this includes an optional $12.95 rebate if you don't take the free subscription (dropping the price to $27.04+ship overall)?

thr33ft0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thr33ft0

Froogle

Woot off killer? come play some games at LR Arcade while your waiting for the products to change

OiXYZ

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OiXYZ

40 years of something that was only worth reading for 15. Nothing personal, but will pass on this one.

groundzero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groundzero

It's only Rock & Roll!

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
turf12 wrote:i would rather buy a coffee table book about coffee tables.

Thanks, Kramer.

oldsntnick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oldsntnick

Wow - this is actually really cool - would have sold out in 5 minutes on the Woot-off! Errr... wait - I guess I could get this on Buy.com... hmm - not a great deal, but still cool.

BuckNekid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuckNekid

This may not be your father's w00t anymore but they're sure trying to sell us your father's stuff. PASS!

tacgnol998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacgnol998

rolling stone is just a bunch of opionated fools who use their positions to further careers of musicians they personally enjoy or have relationships with.

also, why would i want this? to show people i can read? pass

JeffQ

quality posts: 7 Private Messages JeffQ

Verrrry interesting, but I'm not going to spend $45 for something I can't read under Linux.

bpacana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpacana

The info alone that is stored on the DVD roms are priceless! You practically have the history of Rock and Roll at the palm of your hands! I'm in for 1.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
jessiebyrd004 wrote:4.5 stars via amazon reviews... Buy this and you've automatically made your house 10K times cooler, at least.
http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stone-Cover-First-Years/dp/0979526108/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214197226&sr=8-2

Yeah, it is on DVD. Nice coffee table book. NOT!

gmintus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmintus

Isn't this the mag that listed Kurt Cobain as a better guitarist than Van Halen and numerous others? oh that's right... it is. pass.

tram66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tram66

gonna have to think about this... if it sells out, oh well.

6 woots
3 shirt.woots
2 wine.woots
2 sellout.woots

toph25

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toph25
kcostell wrote:So if I understand correctly, this includes an optional $12.95 rebate if you don't take the free subscription (dropping the price to $27.04+ship overall)?

What is this rebate talk?

How?

sisterC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC

hell ya! got one and will not share

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

kcostell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kcostell

Toph25:

The fourth feature listed is "Includes a certificate for a no-strings-attached one-year subscription to Rolling Stone (a $12.95 value), or can be used as a rebate".

A bit confusing in the wording, but I took it to mean you can get a $12.95 rebate on the item.

digbydriver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digbydriver

Frankly, I am trying to forget the first 40 years of this magazine.

tacgnol998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacgnol998
kcostell wrote:Toph25:

The fourth feature listed is "Includes a certificate for a no-strings-attached one-year subscription to Rolling Stone (a $12.95 value), or can be used as a rebate".

A bit confusing in the wording, but I took it to mean you can get a $12.95 rebate on the item.

sounds weird...so its a 12.95 rebate on the item...or grab a year subscription? how can the subscription be $12.95??? isn't it more than that?

toph25

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toph25
kcostell wrote:Toph25:

OK, so if I don't want new prints I can take the $12.95 rebate...done deal...a great gift for a friend of mine!

WOOT!

GottaDeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GottaDeal

As others have mentioned, the Buy.com version is just the DVD-ROMs. The woot version comes with the coffee table book (and possibly the $13 rebate).

Orochisabin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orochisabin
mrsly69 wrote:Because this is a dumb woot and a future woot off killer.

So because this is a dumb woot, it will "do less" than donating money to a charity, whereas if a woot is "smart", then it will somehow "do more" than giving to a charity?

This flow of logic is incomprehensible.

diputsur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages diputsur

In for one...
note to woot, kicked out after clicking the big button (returned to main page) 1st time I tried, checked account, wasn't there. Did it again... again returned to main page... but when I checked my account after 2nd attempt it did show 1 purchased. Please make sure it stays that way, I don't need 2 ;-)

captainfly202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainfly202
hld1970 wrote:What if you buy it and donate it to a kid in Africa?

you'll have a pissed off african who can't use it b/c he doesn't have a computer.

CerPrime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CerPrime
diputsur wrote:In for one...
note to woot, kicked out after clicking the big button (returned to main page) 1st time I tried, checked account, wasn't there. Did it again... again returned to main page... but when I checked my account after 2nd attempt it did show 1 purchased. Please make sure it stays that way, I don't need 2 ;-)

Yeah.. I got the same odd behavior. When I closed and re-opened my browser to go back to woot.com I was greeted by a security certificate warning. I finally got the order to go through though for one.

Authentication issues woot?

chanchosan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chanchosan

Am I the only one that realizes that there's TWO versions of this product? This is the REAL price buy.com is selling the same version for.
http://www.buy.com/prod/rolling-stone-cover-to-cover-the-first-40-years-searchable-digital/q/loc/106/204877387.html

sfdj

[Send Message]
Jun 22, 2008 10:28 PM
[2361514]
Is it just me or has ANYONE NOTICED that Woot has quite a few similar Product/Pricing with Buy.com?! This is $45.59 over @ Buy.com including shipping

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207991208

This is like the 5th item I've noticed in the recent weeks...

pioneer76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pioneer76

[quote postid="2361530" user="chanchosan"]Am I the only one that realizes that there's TWO versions of this product? This is the REAL price buy.com is selling the same version for.

You're not the only one who noticed. This is a solid $30 less than buy.com. Woot's still doing a good job

The Pioneer

jingodemail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingodemail

this thing is awesome. Totally worth it for the old ads alone.

martinchill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinchill

n 4 1 !

sk0330

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk0330
coolkatz321 wrote:I don't know about the price... Buy.com has it for roughly the price shipped as well.

Link

The Buy.com item is different, it does not include the coffee table book. The other difference is the $12 one year subscription/rebate. The price @ Buy.com is $45.59 with free shipping for just the DVD set.

dwasifar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dwasifar

Meh. Nobody needs this. Rolling Stone needs to get over themselves.

I’ve heard there was a time when they were actually hip. Now they’re just full of themselves and waste everyone’s time being smugly, tediously anti-Republican, because they’re stuck in 1973 and seem to think that’s still fully synonymous with anti-Establishment. If they want to see Corporate Establishment, they should look in the mirror. I’m not a big fan of the current administration either, but I get tired of Rolling Stone’s ceaseless, pathetic attempts to build street cred by rubbing my nose in it every other sentence - you know, the ones that aren’t full of pompous self-inflated windbaggery trying to make pop music more important than it really is.

Plus which, as has already been pointed out, you can't use it on Linux. Only Apple and Microsoft users need apply. There's that corporate sellout thing again. Phpphhhh.

trsands

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trsands

The Buy.com version is only the DVDs and the list price is $69.99
The woot version comes in a different box and also contains the soft cover book. It also has the potential for the $12.95 rebate. It is still for old guys like me who remember Rolling Stone when it was in their prime and not for young folks who probably use the internet to read the type of stories that they would even like that are published in the magazine.

ctarmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctarmann

It's really amazing how much information is posted on Woot.com discussion about useless products and their prices. Quite Humerous, I would have to say though today the discussions have been entertaining enough to check out WOOT, and still not buy one.

I think I am going to donate my money to the homeless guy outside, he seems to need 45 bucks... Oh yeah and I think the internet is where you go when you can't find the nearest bestbuy. ?

Have a good night everyone

walkitoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkitoff
OiXYZ wrote:40 years of something that was only worth reading for 15. Nothing personal, but will pass on this one.

yeah, probably very correct, there, but couldn't pass this up -- I'm in

martinchill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinchill
dwasifar wrote:I’ve heard there was a time when they were actually hip.

for someone who hates rolling stone - you apparently don't miss an issue.