bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:You do realize WD is a Fresno State alumni, who played for them in a College World Series?

No more wine for you!!!

Edit: WOOT! Post 2,500

Only 700 or so more to catch up to jwhite ... riiiight

I'm pretty sure he told me once they didn't make the CWS, Super Regional yes, CWS no

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

Shouldnt we have a clue by now? Not that I would figure it out, but I enjoy watching you guys figure it out.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
yathink2 wrote:Shouldnt we have a clue by now? Not that I would figure it out, but I enjoy watching you guys figure it out.

Yes, normally WD posts by now. Unless he was playing basketball by the computer again. And you KNOW what happens when he does that .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, normally WD posts by now. Unless he was playing basketball by the computer again. And you KNOW what happens when he does that .....

Not gonna happen til after the game Sparks, and then probably only if the Bulldogs win. Personally, I'd love to see a Michael Vick final.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 32 Private Messages DonaldWilliams

It's over! Bulldogs win!! Bring on the other bulldogs!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
DonaldWilliams wrote:It's over! Bulldogs win!! Bring on the other bulldogs!

Bring on the clue. And great quote by the way. That Franklin cat was a smart man.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

DonaldWilliams wrote:It's over! Bulldogs win!! Bring on the other bulldogs!

How 'bout them Fresno State Bulldog's !!!

wow.

Sorry for the delay on clues.

Baseball was mentioned in a previous write up. but from a far less (now anyway's) prestigious program.

Bring it on SEC ..

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:How 'bout them Fresno State Bulldog's !!!

wow.

Baseball was mentioned in a previous write up. but from a far less (now anyway's) prestigious program.

Bring it on SEC ..

.... WHAT?!

Loweel, Spark, etc. I believe this is where you come in. You have T minus one hour and 55 minutes.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Winedavid39 wrote:

Bring it on SEC ..

Someone makes a Yankee's wine?

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

olabner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olabner
Corrado wrote:Someone makes a Yankee's wine?

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Go Cards!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

NY Ice Wine, again? 'Bout time for a repeat from the East.

CT | | | | | |

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
Winedavid39 wrote:Bring it on SEC ..

Sec= slightly sweet. Usually used to describe champagne, but we just had sparklers... Riesling?

hookajoe

jwhite6114 wrote:NY Ice Wine, again? 'Bout time for a repeat from the East.

...Or that!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

considering the limited time, please disregard the SEC comment (from a clue standpoint) Other than to say the Georgia Bulldogs are also in the finals of the CWS - and we are going to take 'em.

jwhite6114

Winedavid39 wrote:Baseball was mentioned in a previous write up. but from a far less (now anyway's) prestigious program.

Bring it on SEC ..

Or was he speaking West Coast still, as someone mentioned Stanford?

CT | | | | | |

hookajoe

Winedavid39 wrote:considering the limited time, please disregard the SEC comment (from a clue standpoint) Other than to say the Georgia Bulldogs are also in the finals of the CWS - and we are going to take 'em.

Well, in that case, just bring on the new offering an hour and a half early, so we can all go to bed.

hockeyhabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyhabit
Winedavid39 wrote:How 'bout them Fresno State Bulldog's !!!

wow.

Bring it on SEC ..

How about... GTS Vineyards. The wine maker is Tom Seaver.

Cesare

quality posts: 1672 Private Messages Cesare

Actually somebody does. And a Mets wine, and a Red Sox wine, etc etc.
Longball Cellars website
Longball Cellars in CT

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

Here's my guess: Donati Family Vineyard

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

I know what the Yankee's w[h]ine is:

'The Red Sox keep kicking our as**s '

And its my favorite (and I am an Orioles fan from birth, now living in Chicago).

jwhite6114

Cesare wrote:Here's my guess: Donati Family Vineyard

Ooh! A repeat, eh? Care to explain why?

CT | | | | | |

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Cesare wrote:Here's my guess: Donati Family Vineyard

Impressive Cesare.

Now that that is over with.. i thought i'd take this idle time (and since i'm giddy about my bulldogs) to mention that i think Greg Norman's future wife is one of the most underrated sports figures in our era.

Chris Evert combined grace with competitiveness (and greatness) as well as anyone. can you tell i had a crush on her growing up??

Please pardon my momentary departure from all things wine.woot..

DonaldWilliams

hld1970 wrote:I know what the Yankee's w[h]ine is:

'The Red Sox keep kicking our as**s '

And its my favorite (and I am an Orioles fan from birth, now living in Chicago).

Keep kicking? 7 World Series Championships, compared to 26. They've got quite a ways to go, don't you think?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Cesare

Winedavid39 wrote:Impressive Cesare.

Now that that is over with.. i thought i'd take this idle time (and since i'm giddy about my bulldogs) to mention that i think Greg Norman's future wife is one of the most underrated sports figures in our era.

Chris Evert combined grace with competitiveness (and greatness) as well as anyone. can you tell i had a crush on her growing up??

Thanks! It was the only wine writeup that mentioned baseball, and my thanks to Krista for leading me in that direction.
Congratulations bulldogs!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
DonaldWilliams wrote:Keep kicking? 7 World Series Championships, compared to 26. They've got quite a ways to go, don't you think?

Advantage: DW! (along with taste, class, intelligence, etc.)

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

DonaldWilliams

OK, I know the next one hasn't even been posted yet, but I missed the Donati offering last time. Don't know how that happened. I've been reading the reviews, and I won't make that mistake again. How about a labrat opportunity for the first one to post the Fresno State victory? (Utterly shameless self-promotion )

hld1970

Loweeel wrote:Advantage: DW! (along with taste, class, intelligence, etc.)

Not sure how I should take your comments, Loweel. The stuff in quotes particularly. i was simply making a joke (albeit a bad one) about Yankee wine. Next thing I know you are talking about taste, class, etc. Nice.

DonaldWilliams

Why, thank you. How did you know?

Loweeel

hld1970 wrote:Not sure how I should take your comments, Loweel. The stuff in quotes particularly. i was simply making a joke (albeit a bad one) about Yankee wine. Next thing I know you are talking about taste, class, etc. Nice.

I was also making a joke. I thought that the over-the-top hyperbole would make that obvious.

I was not saying that you *lack* taste, class or intelligence -- just that DW has them, along with the rhetorical advantage.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

hld1970

Loweeel wrote:I was also making a joke. I thought the over-the-top hyperbole would make that obvious.

And where is the "over-the-top hyperbole" in your reply? Sorry, pal I am lost.

DonaldWilliams

Loweeel wrote:I was also making a joke. I thought the over-the-top hyperbole would make that obvious.

Over-the-top hyperbole!? I thought SWMBO had been feeding you info on the sly.

Loweeel

hld1970 wrote:And where is the "over-the-top hyperbole" in your reply? Sorry, pal I am lost.

Because it's not at all obvious how taste, class, and intelligence has a causal connection with rooting for the yankees! There's no possible way one could conclude that.

(the correlation, on the other hand, is much easier to prove, but that's a separate subject)

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

hld1970

Loweeel wrote:Because it's not at all obvious how taste, class, and intelligence has a causal connection with rooting for the yankees! There's no possible way one could conclude that.

(the correlation, on the other hand, is much easier to prove, but that's a separate subject)

Okay, gotcha. I think.

bhodilee

Winedavid39 wrote:Impressive Cesare.

I had a huge crush on Steffi Graf growing up

bhodilee

Horrible joke, I think I reached my break point

meshachw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meshachw

Did anyone else get two of the Limestone instead one of each?

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

"We are all born naked and screaming and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there." -unknown

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30

So how long is this supposed to take to ship. Its been in Billing Infomation Recieved State for a week now.

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z 5FX 528 A8 4132 101 5
Type: Package
Shipped To: ENFIELD, CT, US
Shipped/Billed On: 06/24/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 7.00 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Tracking results provided by UPS: 07/02/2008 12:24 A.M. ET

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
ringod30 wrote:So how long is this supposed to take to ship. Its been in Billing Infomation Recieved State for a week now.

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z 5FX 528 A8 4132 101 5
Type: Package
Shipped To: ENFIELD, CT, US
Shipped/Billed On: 06/24/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 7.00 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Tracking results provided by UPS: 07/02/2008 12:24 A.M. ET

Its still in Billing Info Recieved? What is going on?

papajosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papajosh
ringod30 wrote:Its still in Billing Info Recieved? What is going on?

Mine is still in Billing Info Received as well. Shipping problems, perhaps? What's up, Woot???

pcaulfie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pcaulfie
papajosh wrote:Mine is still in Billing Info Received as well. Shipping problems, perhaps? What's up, Woot???

Yup, same here.