+ Add a Comment

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
koneco wrote:World's worst flick by a long shot. You can't make that stuff up.

:confused:

CT | | | | | |

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
tjun wrote:Is there a typo on the I just sneezed all over myself.? "Preserve shiraz"? Or "Reserve"?

Well, maybe they're "jammy."

And I wonder what Shiraz grape preserves would taste like.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

lasklinz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lasklinz

No sharks in NY --> time to save money ...

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 29 Private Messages DonaldWilliams
lasklinz wrote:No sharks in NY --> time to save money ...

I retrieved the following comment from the Penfolds rep last month to answer the questions about distribution:

Regarding NY - we love NY! When the state decided to ban all direct-to-consumer shipments of non-domestic wines, we were crushed! We had several Wine Club customers that had been with us for years that we had to sever ties with. Write your representative! Free the grapes.

Same thing with Ohio and Michigan- if you're bigger than a breadbox, you can't ship direct-to-consumers - only through distributors. The distributors want all the big brands to go through them, and them only. Bummer.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

TrevynPaige

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrevynPaige

As, what seems like, always...in for two.

Greg Norman Shiraz - Two Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 33.687s

Last wooter to woot: TrevynPaige

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
DonaldWilliams wrote:I retrieved the following comment from the Penfolds rep last month to answer the questions about distribution:

Regarding NY - we love NY! When the state decided to ban all direct-to-consumer shipments of non-domestic wines, we were crushed! We had several Wine Club customers that had been with us for years that we had to sever ties with. Write your representative! Free the grapes.

Same thing with Ohio and Michigan- if you're bigger than a breadbox, you can't ship direct-to-consumers - only through distributors. The distributors want all the big brands to go through them, and them only. Bummer.

Has anyone used the FreeTheGrapes website to send a letter about this yet? I want to do so, but their automated letter generator is specifically designed for shipping between States and not for non-domestic wines such as this. Basically, if someone gives me good enough text to replace what defaults in their email thing then I'll follow through and submit the letter. I just don't want to/can't write it myself.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Finally, a break! No Michigan on this and I think I've got enough bottles waiting for me in VA right now that I'm not even going to attempt to ask someone over there to wootleg for me Though I could probably have it shipped to my guy in Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, my guy in Wisconsin says if any Michiganders want to wootleg to him, he will be GLAD to hang on to them for a while. And don't worry about him drinking the stuff on you - he's not much of a wine drinker. He's holding out for beer.woot.com

So if you're in the SE Michigan area (or don't mind finding a way to get here) and you want to get these, just let me know - send me a PM or something. But do it quickly because I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

brizzock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizzock

Once again, I really wish this would ship to NJ... :-/

zptduda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zptduda

Wow... busy week for me. First the bubbly and now the shark. In for one of each. Good thing there is a holiday weekend with BBQs and parties to attend...........

BTW... As a proud *Michiganian* by birth, I take exception to being called a *Michigander*. (The ladies aren't fond of being called *Michigeese* either ;-).

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
zptduda wrote:Wow... busy week for me. First the bubbly and now the shark. In for one of each. Good thing there is a holiday weekend with BBQs and parties to attend...........

BTW... As a proud *Michiganian* by birth, I take exception to being called a *Michigander*. (The ladies aren't fond of being called *Michigeese* either ;-).

I grew up in Michigan too, I have never heard of Michigeese much less being called one. I am however a Michigander, and Iam a girl.

Thanks, zptduda I havent thought about that in awhie

boaz38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

this is not a bogey, way off my price range and i never liked greg norman as a golfer anywho......oh well, nice try wine wooty but you got to get some better deals/prices.

you guys wrote:

Australian Shiraz? Ahhh Manos, the Hands of Fate!
No Ohio.

World's worst flick by a long shot. You can't make that stuff up

I MUST AGREE, A HORRIBLE FLICK, I HAVE IT DUE TO MY LOVE FOR MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 2000, ITS ALMOST PALATABLE WITH THE SATIRICAL TRIO PIPING IN AND A BUZZ FROM MY CHRONIC

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
bigfrank wrote:How can you not ship this to a big state like NY, there goes about a 1,000 cases

At least a few dozen bottles.

As noted in many other posts made and to come; NY doesn't allow shipping from non-wineries. This offer is from an importer/distributor/wholesaler - something outside of New York's direct from winery laws.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Haven't seen it yet, but the web site for Greg Norman Estates is here.

Greg Norman. Ernie Els. Arnold Palmer. Is wine where old golfers go?

And why is there no wine from Lee TreVINO?

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

mander77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mander77

ITS A MONTH AND STILL HAVE NO TY CATON... i wont be ordering for a while. I have not heard back from customer service on my order. I've emailed a few times and now I'm leaving to go out of town. I have never had such poor customer service before or such a lack of response. There is no number to call so you have to rely on the unreliable email. So frustrating. all i wanted to do was crack open a bottle of Ty before I'm gone. GRRRRRR... this totally vacuums!

Mmmmmmmmm.... wine!

cheron98

zptduda wrote:Wow... busy week for me. First the bubbly and now the shark. In for one of each. Good thing there is a holiday weekend with BBQs and parties to attend...........

Hey it was a local who told me the proper term was Michigander, so that's what I'm sticking with

cheron98

yathink2 wrote:I grew up in Michigan too, I have never heard of Michigeese much less being called one. I am however a Michigander, and Iam a girl.

Thanks, zptduda I havent thought about that in awhie

See? Told ya. Do not question me

Firebrandllc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Firebrandllc

These wines are amazing!!! Do not pass up! I'm in!

Firebrand

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

"We are all born naked and screaming and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there." -unknown

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
iByron wrote:Haven't seen it yet, but the web site for Greg Norman Estates is here.

Greg Norman. Ernie Els. Arnold Palmer. Is wine where old golfers go?

And why is there no wine from Lee TreVINO?

FUNNY. But where are your CT links? Did I miss them?

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

ahem, WD, any wine (NY available) possible in the woot off?

signed.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
boaz38 wrote:this is not a bogey, way off my price range and i never liked greg norman as a golfer anywho......oh well, nice try wine wooty but you got to get some better deals/prices.

you guys wrote:

Australian Shiraz? Ahhh Manos, the Hands of Fate!
No Ohio.

World's worst flick by a long shot. You can't make that stuff up

I MUST AGREE, A HORRIBLE FLICK, I HAVE IT DUE TO MY LOVE FOR MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 2000, ITS ALMOST PALATABLE WITH THE SATIRICAL TRIO PIPING IN AND A BUZZ FROM MY CHRONIC

:confused2: What flick?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Two things not so much related to wine. Though one Australian related

I recently got to hold a joey (baby kangaroo) they are soft and cute but smell horrible.

I hope Jwhite got in on the resevoir dogs shotglasses. It only seems fitting.

Oh, and this wine cooler is on sale for 200 bucks at Costco.com

Danby 35 bottle wine cellar

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bridgeresq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgeresq
mander77 wrote:ITS A MONTH AND STILL HAVE NO TY CATON... i wont be ordering for a while. I have not heard back from customer service on my order. I've emailed a few times and now I'm leaving to go out of town. I have never had such poor customer service before or such a lack of response. There is no number to call so you have to rely on the unreliable email. So frustrating. all i wanted to do was crack open a bottle of Ty before I'm gone. GRRRRRR... this totally vacuums!

I've emailed service a couple of times and the last word I got was that it would take 2-3 weeks (and I think it is close to that time already). I'm still waiting on 4 Ty Caton bottles, 2 Twisted Oak bottles & 1 Dry Creek bottle. I agree that it's especially aggravating that it's great wine like Ty Caton that we're still waiting to enjoy. I hope you hear something soon and that we get our replacement bottles.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
mander77 wrote:ITS A MONTH AND STILL HAVE NO TY CATON... i wont be ordering for a while. I have not heard back from customer service on my order. I've emailed a few times and now I'm leaving to go out of town. I have never had such poor customer service before or such a lack of response. There is no number to call so you have to rely on the unreliable email. So frustrating. all i wanted to do was crack open a bottle of Ty before I'm gone. GRRRRRR... this totally vacuums!

Not saying I dont believe you but I finds it hard to believe that woot has not responded to you yet. They're so on top of their game it's not even funny. I have never had ANY problems w/ customer service, ever.

Daystar

Oh and WD, what up w/ the wine in the woot off?????? Will there be some?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mozart23 wrote:Manos: The Hands of Fate

Often referred to as the worst movie ever made.

Just put a hold on it at the library. If it's truly that bad, I have to see it. And here I thought that Caddyshack 2 was the worst!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
coynedj wrote:Just put a hold on it at the library. If it's truly that bad, I have to see it. And here I thought that Caddyshack 2 was the worst!

I think caddyshack 2 is hilarious. I mean that. But I think Rodney is hilarious in everything he's in

Edit: Except the coffin, he's not so funny there

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

boaz38

MarkDaSpark wrote::confused2: What flick?

MANOS......HANDS OF FATE!!!

pfcouvar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pfcouvar
coynedj wrote:Just put a hold on it at the library. If it's truly that bad, I have to see it. And here I thought that Caddyshack 2 was the worst!

Don't, I repeat, don't borrow the movie itself. Get the MST3k version with commentary. You will enjoy it much, much more, while losing none of the movie's original glory.

EDIT: here's the MST3k version: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005S8L6

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
cheron98 wrote:Finally, a break! No Michigan on this and I think I've got enough bottles waiting for me in VA right now that I'm not even going to attempt to ask someone over there to wootleg for me Though I could probably have it shipped to my guy in Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, my guy in Wisconsin says if any Michiganders want to wootleg to him, he will be GLAD to hang on to them for a while. And don't worry about him drinking the stuff on you - he's not much of a wine drinker. He's holding out for beer.woot.com

So if you're in the SE Michigan area (or don't mind finding a way to get here) and you want to get these, just let me know - send me a PM or something. But do it quickly because I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday

From what I know of the craft-brewing industry in Wisconsin, your friend probably doesn't need beer.woot.com quite like the rest of us do...

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

pfcouvar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pfcouvar
thrawn1020 wrote:From what I know of the craft-brewing industry in Wisconsin, your friend probably doesn't need beer.woot.com quite like the rest of us do...

Yeah, it's a good state to live in if you like beer. That being said, just as CA folks seem to be well-represented here on wine.woot, us badgers could get a lot of mileage out of a beer.woot.

I'm just sayin'.

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco
jwhite6114 wrote::confused:

Manos, Hands of Fate is a movie produced by some Texas fertilizer company, and was featured on Mystery Science Theater. It is probably the worst movie in existence, with terrible acting, terrible plot, drugged cast members who shot up before shoots ... and they released it. Dear God, it was bad.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

canonizer wrote:ahem, WD, any wine (NY available) possible in the woot off?

one would think.

boaz38

pfcouvar wrote:Don't, I repeat, don't borrow the movie itself. Get the MST3k version with commentary. You will enjoy it much, much more, while losing none of the movie's original glory.

i concur!!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
pfcouvar wrote:Don't, I repeat, don't borrow the movie itself. Get the MST3k version with commentary. You will enjoy it much, much more, while losing none of the movie's original glory.

That's what I did. MST3k rocks.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Daystar

Okay, got a question, if I order today......would this arrive NC by 7/6? I recall the Penfolds that went through 360 took awhile.

cheron98

thrawn1020 wrote:From what I know of the craft-brewing industry in Wisconsin, your friend probably doesn't need beer.woot.com quite like the rest of us do...

True, but he's planning on moving out here sometime in the nearish future, at which point he will require beer.woot.com

cheron98

Winedavid39 wrote:one would think.

sweeeeeet. did we mention we love you, WD?

bridgeresq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgeresq
Daystar wrote:Not saying I dont believe you but I finds it hard to believe that woot has not responded to you yet. They're so on top of their game it's not even funny. I have never had ANY problems w/ customer service, ever.

Daystar is right - they responded to me within 24 hours. Woot customer service is one of the best out there. While I haven't gotten the replacement bottles yet, and wouldn't have ordered a wine that I wasn't anxious to enjoy now, they did at least respond. You might want to email them again or check to see if their response went into a spam folder or something. It is getting close to the 2-3 week time frame, so hopefully my Ty Caton, Twisted Oak & Dry Creek will ship soon!!

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

after trying Normans Petite Shiraz I dont know if i really wanna try more of his stuff. I loved him as a golfer...But just because 1 type of his was bad, doesnt mean all his stuff is. Good thing im broke

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1